Thread: S. Korea: Trojan Horse Attacks Originating in China - Largest in History

Thanks

Default S. Korea: Trojan Horse Attacks Originating in China - Largest in History

S. Korea: Trojan Horse Attacks Originating in China - Largest in History

Yonhap (via Chosun Ilbo) ^ | 02/08/07

Posted on 02/08/2007 4:12:05 AM MST by TigerLikesRooster

/begin my excerpt

Trojan Horse Attacks Originating in China: Largest in History

Over 1,000 sites, 92,000 PC's infected

KISA, "Install MS security patches"

Yonhap News

2007.02.08 16:57

Largest Trojan horse attacks in history, originated in China, occurred, which are designed to take over personal accounts at Internet game sites.

Korea Information Security Agency (KISA) announced on Feb. 8 that they detected malware such as Trojan horses infected about 1,000 sites inside and outside S. Korea and shut them down.

A source at KISA said, "We detected that, from late last year to mid-January this year, Trojan horses originating in China were spreading on a large scale via server(s) at an Internet Data Center (IDC,) and shut down the server(s.)"

This incident affected 1,000 routing sites, and the largest in history as a single site dissemination episode.

There were 6,617 incidents of KISA shutting down routing sites for such malware.

The malware in question installs Trojan horses if a user visits the home page of the site and he did not install security patch at his PC. It then transmits overseas user ID and password for Han Game and Maple Story, on-line computer games.

The routing sites involved included many (Internet) game sites. About 620,000 PC's experienced attempted attacks, and about 92,000 sites, 15% of them, were (actually) infected.

/snip

/end my excerpt
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: S. Korea: Trojan Horse Attacks Originating in China - Largest in History

Seems like a test run. Test on game sites. Develop for monetary sites. Add the shutdown of .mil presense and other assorted things and you have a rather pointed matter to discuss.

Thanks

Default Re: S. Korea: Trojan Horse Attacks Originating in China - Largest in History

"pointed matter to discuss"
    no chatting of course

Dialog? Perhaps. But that leads to compromise, being manipulated, convergence and collusion.

Albeit, virus rooters are routinely routed thru Chinese servers, leaving the Chinese to blame wether or not they originated the foul play; I say let em have it. The .gov and .mil should hock up a few gran mill to pay hacker convention types to SHUT DOWN the Chinese servers.

If the cia nsa or ICE (treasury dept) doesn't cough up and organize, the suits better do it soon before they're wearing rags.

ps I use windows with a russky anti-virus since mcaffee went blank. Sooner or later we'll all go on the blink- but while I have time- Many Thanx- to God, Bill, and all of us plebes. Nice talkin to ya.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

samizdat, I think you misunderstand what I wrote. I am not suggesting we hold talks with China over this. I was saying if one has anything to say on it, they have some pointed things (proofs) to address in discussion.

Thread Information