Thread: Our Site Problems Are Over! UPDATED!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Our Site Problems Are Over! UPDATED!

I would like to offer an apology to all TAA members who have experienced problems with accessing our site of late.

It turns out that our current domain registrar, Registerfly, has been undergoing a number of legal problems that they failed to informer their customers of. These legal problems have resulted in numerous problems for most of their customers. In fact, it is to the point where they have had their registrar status revoked by ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), the group responsible for assigning domain names.

As such, none of the attempted fixes by our server's owner, Olav Phillips, or we have worked.

These problems are compounded with the way Registerfly is setup. At first, it was nearly impossible to begin the process of transferring registration of our domain name away from Registerfly to a more reliable domain registrar. Fortunately, there was a workaround which has allowed us to begin the process. We are in the final stages of getting the domain transferred, awaiting Registerfly's final approval on the transfer. Fortunately, the final say is not entirely up to the non-responsive Registerfly. ICANN says that if the current registrar doesn't approve the domain transfer within 5 days, it is approved by default.

So, within 5 days we should be with our new domain registrar, GoDaddy. Once this is accomplished, all access problems should be taken care of and everything back to normal.

So, again, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for sticking with us through these problems.

If anyone cares to read up more about the problems with Registerfly, you can check out Registerflies.

Thanks

Default Re: Our Site Problems Are Nearing An End!

Good news. I did hear a lot about Registerfly's issues in the news, really poor business behavior on their part.

Thanks

The first news I had heard of it was, unfortunately, not until this past Friday...

But, fortunately, it looks like we are now live with GoDaddy!

Anyone who was accessing our site via alternative means (via the IP addy or through a proxy), please feel free to try the front door - http://www.transasianaxis.com - and let us know if you have any problems!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    The first news I had heard of it was, unfortunately, not until this past Friday...

But, fortunately, it looks like we are now live with GoDaddy!

Anyone who was accessing our site via alternative means (via the IP addy or through a proxy), please feel free to try the front door - http://www.transasianaxis.com - and let us know if you have any problems!
    Roger, will do tomorrow. A whois request with SamSpade.Org verifies this site is GoDaddy at IP 65.77.135.178

By the way Ryan... your complete name and home address is available to anyone by doing a whois for this website at SamSpade.Org.

I would at the minimum have made it a PO Box considering the issues of who and what we deal with at this forum.

Oh, and then delete this post...

Thanks

Default Re: Our Site Problems Are Over! UPDATED!

Yeah, I know... I am just leery about making the whois listing private like I had with Registerfly. That was one of the main things that lead to problems when transferring the domain.

But, to tell the truth, I'm not too worried since I'm a gun-totin' redneck as are all my neighbors.

I might try to make some changes though.

Thanks

So what are the issues they are having anyway>?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Check out Registerflies to read up about everything going on with Registerfly.

Thanks

It's working great now Ryan! Thanks

Jag

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Fantastic! It loads super fast for me now. Not this it was slow before, but reloading was a pain.

Of course now I have an additional chunk of equipment of my own and so far it seems to have resolved my connection issues all over and even allowed a better pipeline of transfer. In short, I seem to be a successful user of Vonage now. I became outrageously upset with my prior land line provider and decided to go VoIP, despite actually knowing a land line is better in emergency situations.

Thanks

Phil, I was thinking of going with Vonage for phone service myself but, have been leary of them since they have had mucho problems with Verizon over patents. Not to mention, their financials have looked less than stellar and I've been wondering if they will stay afloat.

Instead, I'm looking at a company called BroadVoice. One package they have is priced the same as Vonage and has the same features as Vonage but, they offer free long distance to 35 countries as opposed to Vonage's 21. And they don't have the legal problems Vonage has.

As for the site, on my next day off, I'm planning on reworking the graphics to JPEG format instead of the PNG they currently are for faster loading.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I was aware of the Vonage legal issues, but figure they may be bought out or simply go away at some point, should they not survive. If they do go away, I am out of the contract and will go elsewhere. Actually, I am very impressed with them. I received my equipment chunk next day and had a flawless connection setup. My number will migrate to Vonage on the 19th, only about a week since starting the process. Not bad.

Thread Information