Thread: Bomb goes off in Parker Colorado - Ponderosa High

Thanks

Default Bomb goes off in Parker Colorado - Ponderosa High

Aplomb just notified me of this.

More to follow...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Bomb goes off in Parker Colorado - Ponderosa High

Small Colorado school explosion leaves none injured
    20 Apr 2007 16:35:21 GMT
    Source: Reuters

SAN FRANCISCO, April 20 (Reuters) - Officials evacuated a high school in Parker, Colorado, on Friday after hearing an explosion behind the school that did not injure anyone, a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office said. Deputy Cocha Heyden said officials apprehended a suspect in the Ponderosa High School case after the morning explosion and found another explosive device in his possession. The explosion came on the eighth anniversary of the Columbine High School massacre in Littleton, Colorado.

AlertNet news is provided by
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...86/detail.html

Device Explodes Outside Ponderosa High; No Injuries

School Evacuated As Bomb Squad Searches For Additional Devices

POSTED: 10:11 am MDT April 20, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:04 am MDT April 20, 2007

PARKER, Colo. -- Ponderosa High School in Park was evacuated Friday morning after a device exploded behind the school and another device was located a short time later.Douglas County sheriff's deputies were called to the school at 8:58 a.m. after receiving reports of an explosion.Deputies took a sophomore student into custody and then found explosive materials, which were secured by the bomb squad.

"He had some chemicals with him that were not yet mixed," said Whei Wong, Douglas County Schools spokeswoman. "It was not a device."The school's fire alarm was activated and students were led away from the school.The bomb squad is currently searching the school for any other possible devices and suspicious objects.The sheriff's department said it had not determined the nature of the device that was found, but there were no reports of injuries or damage to the school as a result of the initial explosion.. School Officials have asked that if parents are coming to school to please go to the parking lot of the LDS church across from the school. Students who normally ride the bus will be transported by bus to their homes on their normal routes.A parent information meeting was set for 4 p.m. in the Ponderosa High School Gymnasium.More than 1,900 students attend Ponderosa High Schoo.

Copyright 2007 by TheDenverChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

According to the Rooters news article (hehehe Rooters, hehe made a funny) there were no injuries. Rumors are apparently flying though and some folks have hear there were injuries. At this point, I would say that there are none without some more news coverage (which, by the way IS NOT happening, and yesterday schools in that area were closed for no apparent reason -- er LOCKED DOWN I mean).

Aplomb you have any more on this?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Parker student arrested after minor explosion
    By Kirk Mitchell
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Launched: 04/20/2007 09:31:22 AM MDT

Ponderosa High School

Authorities today arrested a Ponderosa High School sophomore after an earlier report of an explosion behind the Parker school, authorities say.

The school had been evacuated after reports of an explosion at 8:58 a.m., said Cocha Heyden, spokeswoman for the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. Classes have been canceled for the rest of the day.

"They heard something - a loud noise - it sounded like an explosion," Heyden said. "There was no damage to the school or to any person."

The explosive device was placed on a berm off the property of the school, located at 7007 E. Bayou Gulch Road. The blast was small, possibly little more than that of a firecracker, Heyden said.

"It was more intended for noise, as a prank, we think," Heyden said of the explosion.

Authorities who went to the scene had information that a particular student, a sophomore, might be responsible for the blast, Heyden said. They detained a student near the explosion site and when they searched the student, they discovered chemicals that could be used to make another explosive device, Heyden said.

Whei Wong, spokeswoman for the Douglas County School District, said all other students have been accounted for and none of them was injured.

The department sent several deputies and the bomb squad to the school.
    The reports came in at about 9 a.m. of an explosion in the back of the school, she said.

Parents are being asked to pick their children up at the parking lot of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints across the street from the school, not to the school itself.

If the students take buses, they will be given a ride home, according to Douglas County School District officials.

The sheriff's office had not received any warnings before the explosion, she said.

School officials across Colorado have been on alert this week and have received several threats in the wake of the Virginia Tech shootings and with today's eighth anniversary at the Columbine High School massacre in Jefferson County.

The school will hold a conference for parents at 4 p.m. in the high school gym, Wong said.

Staff writer Kirk Mitchell can be reached at 303-954-1206 or kmitchell@denverpost.com.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

School evacuated after device explodes

By Rocky Mountain News
    April 20, 2007
    Douglas County sheriff's deputies arrested a person carrying a suspected explosive device at Ponderosa High School after an explosion was heard at the school.

There are no reported injuries or damage to the school but the campus has been evacuated while a bomb team searches for any more possible devices. Parents are picking up students at a church parking lot across from the school.

Douglas County sheriff's deputies responded to Ponderosa High School in Parker this morning on a report of an explosion behind the school.

Deputy Cocha Heyden reported that at 8:58 a.m., the bomb squad was called after school security heard an unexplained explosion.

A fire alarm was set off during the confusion and the school was evacuated.

When officers arrived they found an individual who they said was carrying another explosive device and took him into custody.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Looks like it might have been a prank. I pity that kid.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Parker student arrested after minor explosion
    By Kirk Mitchell
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Launched: 04/20/2007 09:31:22 AM MDT

Ponderosa High School

Authorities today arrested a Ponderosa High School sophomore after an earlier report of an explosion behind the Parker school, authorities say.

The school had been evacuated after reports of an explosion at 8:58 a.m., said Cocha Heyden, spokeswoman for the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. Classes have been canceled for the rest of the day.

"They heard something - a loud noise - it sounded like an explosion,"

Heyden said. "There was no damage to the school or to any person."

The explosive device was placed on a berm off the property of the school, located at 7007 E. Bayou Gulch Road. The blast was small, possibly little more than that of a firecracker, Heyden said.

"It was more intended for noise, as a prank, we think," Heyden said of the explosion.

Authorities who went to the scene had information that a particular student, a sophomore, might be responsible for the blast, Heyden said.

They detained a student near the explosion site and when they searched the student, they discovered chemicals that could be used to make another explosive device, Heyden said.

Whei Wong, spokeswoman for the Douglas County School District, said all other students have been accounted for and none of them was injured.
    The department sent several deputies and the bomb squad to the school.
    The reports came in at about 9 a.m. of an explosion in the back of the school, she said.

Parents are being asked to pick their children up at the parking lot of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints across the street from the school, not to the school itself.

If the students take buses, they will be given a ride home, according to Douglas County School District officials.

The sheriff's office had not received any warnings before the explosion, she said.

School officials across Colorado have been on alert this week and have received several threats in the wake of the Virginia Tech shootings and with today's eighth anniversary at the Columbine High School massacre in Jefferson County.

The school will hold a conference for parents at 4 p.m. in the high school gym, Wong said.

Staff writer Kirk Mitchell can be reached at 303-954-1206 or kmitchell@denverpost.com.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I don't have anything else on that one, and it does look like it was a prank w/ no injuries. I am pleased that the Douglas county bomb squad took whatever other chemicals the kid had and continued to search or are still presently searching.

http://www.denverpost.com/popular/ci_5713743

Metro schools receive threats
    By Mike McPhee
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Launched: 04/20/2007 10:04:41 AM MDT

On the eighth anniversary of the carnage of Columbine High School, various public schools in the metro area have received threats and disturbances.

Denver's Morey Middle School at East 14th Avenue and Clarkson Street was locked down this morning after a student reported seeing someone near the school with a gun. Police said they believed they know who had the gun and that the person is not a student at the school. They emphasized that no gun was seen inside the school.

Denver's East High School closed its campus this morning and went on a modified lockdown because of earlier threats.

"This is a case of a student finishing some threats that were made on Thursday," said assistant principal Bill Ewing, adding that authorities were in contact with the students involved.

Asked if the police were involved, he responded, "I have four officers in my office right now."

The modified lockdown prevented students from leaving or entering the school, while classes were being taught as usual, he said.

Ponderosa High School in Parker was closed and evacuated after an explosive device was detonated nearby, according to the Douglas County sheriff's office. (See accompanying story for more.)

Cherry Creek High School reported several instances of graffiti written on restroom walls stating "Columbine will reoccur" and the number 420 written in a boys' restroom.

The number, pronounced 4-20, is known to be a pro-marijuana symbol and sometimes refers to the date for protesting against drug laws.

The symbol was in use before the Columbine massacre, which ironically occurred on 4/20/99 (April 20, 1999).

Cherry Creek High School principal Kathy Smith wrote to parents that Greenwood Village police would increase the number of patrols around the school today and that a number of retirees from the school district have volunteered to patrol the hallways today.

The school has not reported any trouble or incidents today.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

Here's an update:

http://www.9news.com/rss/printarticl...?storyid=68435

Explosion prompts school evacuation
    written by: Valentina Garcia , Assignment Desk Editor
    updated by: Sara Gandy , Web Producer
    updated by: Colleen Locke , Producer
    created: 4/20/2007 10:11:14 AM
    Last updated: 4/20/2007 6:36:45 PM
    DOUGLAS COUNTY - Ponderosa High School was evacuated Friday morning after a security guard heard a loud noise behind the school.

Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy Cocha Heyden said security staff at Ponderosa High School heard a loud noise shortly before 9 a.m. A fire alarm sounded and they began evacuating the building.

The Douglas County Bomb Team responded to investigate the school and surrounding area.

Investigators say three students identified a 17-year-old junior boy near the scene of the explosion.

Investigators found chemical compounds in his backpack that could be used to make more explosive devices.

The student was taken to the Marvin Foote Detention Center and was booked on the following charges: possession, use, or removal of explosives or incendiary devices, a felony, unlawfully carrying a weapon on school grounds, also a felony, and interference with staff, faculty, or student of an education institution, a misdemeanor.

The Douglas County School District said all of the students were evacuated safely and no injuries were reported.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Thanks

Just a misdemeanor? And no doubt a sealed record. And in the work force possibly in just two years.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=68673

Students arrested after 'credible' school shooting threat investigated

ADAMS COUNTY - The Adams County Sheriff says two teenage boys have been arrested for allegedly threatening to go to Ranum High School and commit a large-scale shooting.

The 14-year-old boys currently attend Clear Lake Middle School in unincorporated Adams County and were arrested at the school Monday.

The Adam's County Sheriff's Office was notified of the alleged threats on Monday and went to the middle school a short time later to apprehend the boys.

During the investigation the school officials were notified and updated on the progress and it was determined the threats were credible.

Both of the teens are being held at the Adams County Juvenile Detention Facility for interference with staff, faculty or students of education institution, which is class one misdemeanor.

According to Sheriff Doug Darr, Adams County takes threat very seriously, "Once again we are faced with a situation in which our children are being threatened. I want it make it clear, we will not tolerate threats against our children and we will aggressively investigate and pursue criminal charges against anyone who threatens the members of our community."

The identities of the teens are not being released due to their age.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)

Thread Information