Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorism here in the US

Thanks

Default Re: Terrorism here in the US

Terrorists Threaten to Behead Britney Spears, Madonna
    Sofia News Agency ^ | 09/14/2007 | SNA

Muslim terrorist leaders threatened to cut the heads of the pop stars Britney Spears and Madonna if they refuse to convert to Islam. Photo by images.google.com Muslim terrorist leaders threatened to cut the heads of the pop stars Britney Spears and Madonna if they refuse to convert to Islam, World Net Daily reported.

The threats, recorded on audio, came a day before Madonna arrived in Israel to celebrate the Jewish New Year with fellow Kabbalah practitioners.

"If I meet these whores I will have the honour to be the first one to cut their heads off if they will keep spreading their satanic culture against Islam," said Muhammad Abdel-Al, spokesman and senior leader of the Popular Resistance Committees terror organization.

(Excerpt) Read more at novinite.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

A Wake-up Call : Almost all terrorists are Muslims...
    Arab News ^ | 9/11/07 | al-Rashed

It is a certain fact that not all Muslims are terrorists, but it is equally certain, and exceptionally painful, that almost all terrorists are Muslims.

The hostage-takers of children in Beslan, North Ossetia, were Muslims. The other hostage-takers and subsequent murderers of the Nepalese chefs and workers in Iraq were also Muslims. Those involved in rape and murder in Darfur, Sudan, are Muslims, with other Muslims chosen to be their victims.

Those responsible for the attacks on residential towers in Riyadh and Khobar were Muslims. The two women who crashed two airliners last week were also Muslims.

Osama bin Laden is a Muslim. The majority of those who manned the suicide bombings against buses, vehicles, schools, houses and buildings, all over the world, were Muslim.

What a pathetic record. What an abominable "achievement." Does all this tell us anything about ourselves, our societies and our culture?

(Excerpt) Read more at arabnews.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

That was just the tip of the iceburg, Rick:

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57596

Terrorists: We'll cut off head of 'prostitute' Britney Spears
    Madonna also targeted by jihad leaders who warn of 'spreading satanic culture'

Posted: September 11, 2007
    9:11 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Muslim terrorist leaders threatened to forcibly convert Britney Spears and Madonna to Islam and warned if they resist, their heads would be cut off for "spreading Satanic culture," according to a new book released today.

The threats, recorded on audio, come as Madonna is due to arrive in Israel Wednesday to celebrate the Jewish new year with fellow Kabbalah practitioners.

"If I meet these whores I will have the honor – I repeat, I will have the honor – to be the first one to cut the heads off Madonna and Britney Spears if they will keep spreading their satanic culture against Islam," said Muhammad Abdel-Al, spokesman and senior leader of the Popular Resistance Committees terror organization.

The Committees, largely based in the Gaza Strip, has carried out thousands of rocket attacks against Jewish population centers and scores of shootings and bombings. It is suspected of bombing a U.S. convoy in Gaza in 2003 and took credit for a rocket attack yesterday that hit an Israeli military base wounding 69 – the largest casualty number of any Palestinian rocket attack.

Abdel-Al and other terror leaders were quoted threatening Madonna and Spears in "Schmoozing with Terrorists: From Hollywood to the Holy Land Jihadists Reveal their Global Plans – to a Jew!," by author and WND Jerusalem bureau chief Aaron Klein.

Audio of their threats was played today by TMZ.com's new national entertainment television show and its website.

In "Schmoozing," the jihadist leaders were petitioned to describe what life would be like if the terrorists took over the U.S. and imposed Islamic Sharia law.

They were asked what they thought of specific American cultural icons and personalities, but many state they never heard of scores of notorious U.S. celebrities they were asked about.

According to Klein, many terrorists interviewed were familiar with two U.S. celebrities – Madonna and Spears.

"Unfortunately, I heard the names of Madonna and Spears on [Arab] television when parents complain that their children neglect their studies and their values because they are influenced by your cheap American music that you call culture," explained Sheikh Abu Saqer, a founder of the Sword of Islam terror group.

The Sword of Islam has taken responsibility in Gaza for bombings of Internet cafes, pool halls and secular music stores, and is suspected of attacking a United Nations–funded school in Gaza accused of allowing girls and boys to play sports together.

Abu Abdullah, a senior member of Hamas' so-called "military wing" is quoted in "Schmoozing" describing what his group would do with Madonna and Spears if jihad groups took over the U.S.:

"At the beginning, we will try to convince Madonna and Britney Spears to follow Allah's way. But I honestly don't think they will follow. If they persist with their whoring music, we will prevent them by force. I don't think that I can be in the same place with these singers. They might be killed if they do not respect our laws."

The Committees' Abdel-Al accused Madonna and Spears of "spreading this culture by the Americans as part of the war against Islam."

"If these two prostitutes [Madonna and Spears] keep doing what they are doing, we of course will punish them. First we will call them to join Islam. But if they keep what they are doing ... we can stone them or even we can kill them if they keep ... tempting men in order to put them far from Islam. ... A prostitute woman must be stoned or must be eighty times hit with a belt."

Abdel-Al said even before Islam takes over America he would personally kill Madonna and Spears if he ran into them. He boasted he would "be the first one to cut the heads of Madonna and Britney Spears."
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

Update......

Case against pair shown

Prosecutors: USF students had explosive materials, instructions.
    By ABBIE VANSICKLE, Times Staff Writer
    Published September 15, 2007

The U.S. Attorney's Office opened up about what was found in the car of two USF students: pipes stuffed with fertilizer, Karo syrup, kitty litter, bullets and fuses, a laptop with Internet searches about martyrdom, Hamas and Qassam rockets and video instructions for turning a child's toy into a detonator.
    TAMPA - Pipes stuffed with fertilizer, Karo syrup and kitty litter. Bullets and fuses. A laptop with Internet searches about martyrdom, Hamas and Qassam rockets. Video instructions for turning a child's toy into a detonator.
    After weeks of silence, the U.S. Attorney's Office opened up about its case against two University of South Florida engineering students facing explosives charges, implying that Youssef Megahed and Ahmed Mohamed had something sinister in mind when they left Tampa in early August and headed north.
    Despite the grim implications of what the government presented, prosecutors said they had no "hard, specific evidence" of a motive or answers for a judge's questions about what the men intended to do with the items, prompting U.S. Magistrate Judge Elizabeth Jenkins to set bail for one of the men, although he remains in custody pending appeal.
    The question of intent has been the biggest puzzle since Aug. 4, when Megahed, 21, and Mohamed, 26, were pulled over for speeding in Goose Creek, S.C., and arrested after a deputy became suspicious and searched the pair's car.
    From the start, Megahed's family has said the young man went on a harmless road trip, the whims of college students on summer vacation. The family and supporters filled Courtroom 14B on Friday afternoon, and Megahed's siblings were beaming after the judge's ruling.
    Assistant U.S. Attorney Jay Hoffer laid out the government's case, saying they view the men as dangerous and at risk of fleeing to their home country of Egypt, a place that doesn't always return fugitives to the United States.
    Here's what Hoffer said:
    When federal agents searched the men's car, a Toyota Camry registered to Megahed's brother, Yahia Megahed, they found the stuffed pipes wrapped in plastic bags in the trunk alongside a 5-gallon container of gasoline.
    Explosives experts categorized the items in the trunk as incomplete pipe bombs, each large enough to blow out windows in a room but not strong enough to destroy a house. Potassium nitrate is a low-grade explosive otherwise used as fertilizer. Kitty litter bound the ingredients while syrup could add fuel.
    "I think you can safely say it's a bomb," said Edward Dreizin, a New Jersey Institute of Technology chemical engineering professor.
    Agents also found a box of bullets underneath the front passenger seat, where Megahed sat. On a laptop hastily unplugged, agents discovered sites that concerned them, including searches of Qassam rockets, weapons developed by the Palestinian militant group Hamas, often made with steel pipe, liquid sugar and potassium nitrate.
    The men were taken into custody and separately questioned. Megahed said he knew nothing about the materials in the trunk, Hoffer said. But when both men were put in the back of a squad car, they spoke to each other in Arabic. In that conversation, which was secretly recorded, Megahed asked Mohamed what happened to the pipes, if they exploded.
    As agents dug deeper into the men's background, they found troubling information, Hoffer said.
    In July, Mohamed posted a video on YouTube that explained how to transform a toy remote controlled car into a detonator, Hoffer said. The 12-minute video is narrated by a man speaking Arabic with an Egyptian accent. It shows no face, only hands.
    "Mohamed admitted he made and uploaded it," Hoffer said.
    The video's narrator says it's meant "to save one who wants to be a martyr for another day in battle," Hoffer said. The narrator also mentions a previous example that used a remote controlled toy boat. Federal agents searched the New Tampa home of Megahed's family and found a remote controlled toy boat, Hoffer said.
    The judge asked if there was a definite link between the two, and Hoffer said no.
    The evidence against Mohamed wasn't the focus, though, because he waived his right to a bail hearing. His attorney, Lionel Lofton, was in Tampa on Friday, but said he didn't think a hearing would have been useful at this time.
    "I did not feel he would be granted a bond," he said.
    Prosecutors also questioned Megahed's interest in weapons. He recently purchased a .22-caliber rifle and had inquired about a Berreta handgun, Hoffer said. Agents found the rifle inside a storage shed, along with welding and scuba diving equipment.
    Megahed had joined a shooting range.
    "It certainly raised interesting questions when he's training ... he buys a firearm with a scope," Hoffer said.
    Prosecutors said Megahed also had "multiple Egyptian passports" and went to Sears in late July to get more passport-sized photos. There were two passports for Megahed with two different names, Hoffer said.
    But Assistant U.S. Public Defender Adam Allen said one of the passports had expired, and that Megahed had used another version of his family's name on the document.
    Agents did not seize the passports when they searched the Megahed home, Hoffer said, and they feared, if released, Megahed could flee to Egypt, which does not always extradite fugitives back to the United States. Megahed's extensive travel, both to Egypt and to other countries, including Canada, Saudi Arabia and Nigeria, also concerned prosecutors.
    When Megahed was arrested, he carried only a California-issued identification card and a photocopy of an immigration green card, Hoffer said.
    Allen asked the judge to consider that Megahed had no criminal record and could be closely watched by his family.
    "I don't think the government's evidence against my client is overwhelming," he said. He called the evidence against Mohamed "pretty damning."
    The judge found the evidence to be "strong" but not "overwhelming" enough to prove Megahed was a dangerous flight risk that must be jailed until trial. "I do agree that he poses danger," she said.
    She ordered him to post $200,000 bail, to remain at his family's home, and to leave only for religious services and to meet with his attorneys. His family also was required to consent to a search at any time.
    After the hearing, prosecutors immediately filed an appeal, which will likely be addressed next week, Allen said.
    As they filed from the courtroom, Megahed's family smiled.
    "I'm happy, I'm really happy," said his sister, Mariam Megahed, 18. She said prosecutors couldn't back up much of what they suggested, and the judge knew it.
    "Maybe they don't have any evidence because she kept asking questions, questions and more questions," she said.
    Ahmed Bedier, director of the Central Florida office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, was quick to distinguish between Megahed and Mohamed.
    "It's obvious there are two separate individuals with different charges and different allegations," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if the two individuals end up having separate cases altogether."
    He defended Megahed, saying it appeared he "just happened to be in the car." But he had harsher words for Mohamed.
    If he could talk to Mohamed, Bedier said, "I'd say, 'Wake up!' "
    He added, "Muslims don't get a second chance when they dabble with things like this. Not only will this have consequences on him, but it will have consequences on most of the Muslims in this country."

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/15/Hi...pair_sho.shtml

Jag

Thanks

Not terrorism, huh?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Homegrown Campus Jihadist?--The strange case of Houssein Zorkot and its implications.
    FrontPageMagazine.com ^ | September 17, 2007 | Robert Spencer

Houssein Zorkot, a third-year medical student at Wayne State University in Michigan, was arrested on September 8 at Hemlock Park in Detroit. He was wearing camouflage makeup, black clothes, and carrying an AK-47 assault rifle; he reportedly had to be tasered by police when he was arrested. His website features photographs of the Ayatollah Khomeini and a great deal of pro-Hizballah material. Most ominously, on the day he was arrested he uploaded onto his site an image that included a photo of a soldier holding a rifle, with the caption, “The Start of My Personal Jihad (in the US).” Underneath in Arabic was Qur’an 9:20: “Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah’s way are of much greater worth in Allah’s sight. These are they who are triumphant.” The Arabic for “striven…in Allah’s way” is jahadoo fi sabil Allah, which in Islamic theology refers in particular to jihad as warfare.

The start of Zorkot’s personal jihad will have to wait; he is being held on $1 million dollar bond. But his case carries some troubling implications. According to Michigan’s WLNS, police say that on his website Zorkot claims to be a member of Hizballah. If that claim is true, was his abortive personal jihad in Hemlock Park ordered by Hizballah leadership? If so, and if Zorkot had succeeded in murdering anyone in the park, his attack would have been the first known strike by Hizballah on U.S. soil. Even though unsuccessful, Zorkot’s attack, if it was a Hizballah project, would signal an end to the terror group’s policy of not staging attacks in America because the reaction to such an attack would hinder the group’s freedom of action here. Last April, Thomas Fuentes, special agent in charge of the FBI’s International Operations, explained that Hizballah wants to “maintain a low profile by engaging in criminal activity [but] not direct attacks….They’ve not been enthusiastic about doing it on US soil because of the attention and reaction that would occur.” But if Zorkot went to Hemlock Park on Hizballah orders, those days are over -- and Americans can brace themselves for more Hizballah operations here.

It may be, of course, that even if Zorkot really is a Hizballah member, he was not acting on orders from the organization, but was freelancing when he took his AK-47 to Hemlock Park. Police and FBI officials have not given any indication as to whether or not Zorkot was on their radar screen before the incident last week, or whether or not they knew him to be affiliated with Hizballah – if indeed he is. And a third possibility is that Zorkot is, contrary to his claim, not a Hizballah member at all.

These possibilities are no less ominous than the first, for they would place Zorkot among the growing list of Muslims with no known connections to any terrorist group who suddenly go on a murderous rampage. Some of these recent incidents include Naveed Afzal Haq’s July 28, 2006 shootings at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle. After forcing his way into the building, Haq announced, “I’m a Muslim American; I’m angry at Israel,” and then began firing, killing one woman and injuring five more. Two months earlier, a twenty-two-year-old Iranian student named Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar drove an SUV onto the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, deliberately trying to kill people and succeeding in injuring nine. After the incident, he seemed singularly pleased with himself, smiling and waving to crowds after a court appearance on Monday, at which he explained that he was “thankful for the opportunity to spread the will of Allah.” Officials here again dismissed the possibility of terrorism, even after Taheri-azar wrote a series of letters to the UNC campus newspaper detailing the Qur’anic justification for warfare against unbelievers, and explaining why he believed his attacks were justified from an Islamic perspective.

Neither Haq nor Taheri-azar were members of any terror group. They had never done anything to come to the attention of law enforcement officials before. Law enforcement attention, meanwhile, has been focused almost exclusively on known members of terror groups, with scant attention given to the ideology of Islamic supremacism and jihad that can inspire any lone individual to wage jihad on his own. Taheri-azar’s painstakingly detailed arguments demonstrate that the Qur’an’s exhortations to warfare can still be lethal whenever taken seriously by Muslims. Muslims who profess to reject jihad violence should have no problem combating, in cooperation with non-Muslim authorities, the ideology that fuels it. Yet FBI Director Robert Mueller recently revealed, according to journalist Bill Gertz, that “the FBI has no counterideology response other than its ‘outreach’ to Muslim-American communities so they ‘understand the FBI’ and address ‘the radicalization issue.’” Gertz noted that “Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff also said nothing is being done domestically to battle Islamist extremist ideas.”

This is a battle that must be fought. Whether or not Houssein Zorkot proves to be among their ranks, it is highly likely that there will be more freelance jihadists. The American Muslim advocacy establishment, for all its anti-terror protestations, have not, even now six years after 9/11, instituted comprehensive and transparent programs in American mosques to teach against the jihad ideology. Such programs will not end the possibility of freelance jihadists, but at least it would be a beginning, and a most welcome show of good faith from some organizations whose commitment to anti-terror efforts has come under increasing suspicion.

The fact that this beginning has not been made by Muslim groups in the U.S., or called for by government and law enforcement, is yet another manifestation of the pitfalls of ignoring the ideological dimensions of Islamic jihad terrorism. As freelance incidents grow in number, American officials will find the luxury of ignoring the jihad ideology ever more costly.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

And the excuses....

Armed student's motives unclear Dearborn

September 17, 2007

BY NIRAJ WARIKOO

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

His face painted black, Houssein Zorkot entered a park in east Dearborn Sept. 8, cocked an AK47 he had bought the same day, and then tried to flee police after they confronted him, authorities say.

Were those the actions of a confused young man or those of a potential terrorist with ill intentions?

Dearborn authorities say it's unclear what Zorkot, a 26-year-old medical student from Dearborn, was up to when he was in Hemlock Park armed with the AK47 he had purchased about 1 p.m. that day.

The FBI and police are investigating Zorkot, who appears sympathetic to Hizballah, a terrorist group. But for now, they've found no direct links between him and any terrorist organization, Dearborn Mayor John O'Reilly Jr. said. Dearborn police referred all calls to the mayor.

FBI Detroit Special Agent Dawn Clenney said that the agency is assisting in the investigation.

In jail on a $1-million bond, Zorkot is expected in 19th District Court on Friday for his preliminary exam on three gun charges.

The same day he was arrested, Zorkot appears to have posted photos of soldiers on a Web site. The text reads: "The Start of My Personal Jihad (in the US)."

Authorities believe the Web site was created and operated by Zorkot, O'Reilly said.

Also on the site, Zorkot praises Hizballah and its leader, Hassan Nasrallah.

Zorkot, the son of Lebanese immigrants, also has photos of recent trips to Lebanon.

Authorities don't know whether the Web site is tied to his actions in the park, which is east of Schaefer and north of Ford Road.

"Was he really dangerous or was he acting out some fantasy? We don't know," O'Reilly said.

But, he added, "right now, there is no evidence that he had any kind of plan. ... We haven't found any established link between him and any terrorist groups."

O'Reilly said that Zorkot's parents believe their son was having a hard time fitting in.

"His parents ... have said he's a young man who's just confused right now," O'Reilly said.

Zorkot, a third-year student at Wayne State University's medical school, may have been going through difficulties at school and at Providence Hospital in Southfield, O'Reilly said.

Francine Wunder, a spokeswoman for Wayne State, confirmed that Zorkot was a medical student. Brian Taylor, a spokesman for St. John Health, of which Providence is a part of, would only say that Zorkot was preparing to study surgery.

A member of Zorkot's family refused to comment.

Contact NIRAJ WARIKOO at 248-351-2998 or nwarikoo@freepress.com.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

'Jihad Boom' Postcards Mailed To Schools Feature Threatening Cartoons (FL)
    LOCAL 6 ^ | September 17, 2007 | unattributed

http://www.local6.com/news/14129427/detail.html
    Police Release 9 Threatening Postcards

OCALA, Fla. -- Investigators in Marion County, Fla., are searching for the author of nine postcards sent to different schools on the same day with the words 'Jihad-Boom" and handwritten cartoons of a building apparently exploding with people inside.

Investigators released the postcards with the threatening drawings on them Monday in hopes of generating leads in the case.

Officials said that the postcards are made up of various and traditional themes, and each one has a distinctive hand-drawn cartoon on it. Several of the threats arrived on postcards featuring Walt Disney World.

Detectives said the threat-maker crossed his or her No. 7s and attached a suffix to the address. Six of the nine postcards spell the word "Jihad" correctly, while the others are incorrect.

The U.S. Postal Service said that the postcards were all mailed to the schools from the Ocala-Gainesville mailing district before the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

A $10,000 reward has been issued to anyone who provides information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for using the postal service to mail the threatening postcards to schools.

Pictures in Flash format, go to site to see them
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

10. Jihad Boom Postcards

See story here.
    =============================

What do you make of the 10-10 on the cards Rick?
    Jag

Thanks

It actually says... "9 - 11 ? 10 - 10" That's pretty easy, at least what I see. It's simply dates. 9-11 to 10-10. October 10th. Fortunately, I'll be leaving the country before that. LOL

All I can say, is some $h!t better NOT get my ON freakin' airplane on the way to MY vacation, because I will tear him to shreads. If my wife doesn't reach him first.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

One other thing. Not really a handwriting expert, but all the letters were probably done by the same person, they cross their 7s, just like me (I cross my Zeros too, it's a Ham-thing).

The question marks all look alike to me, except the very last one above.

I can't quite read the postmarkings, but it appears they were all mailed around the same time, from the same place, Gainsville. I haven't looked at a map yet, been busy with work today.

But, I'd say if this is REAL, it's a real warning to someone. Perhaps not to necessarily INVOLVE these schools, but to "warn of things to come" and perhaps force people to guard those schools first, leaving others open to attack.

My thinking, if I were a bad guy would to be to stretch resources thin during certain times, and hit other targets, and not necessarily even in the same state, or on the same days.

In other words, get the police in an unroar to guard a bunch of local schools and go down the road and hit three malls or something instead.

October 10 is a wed. But, I could believe that they are saying instead "The attacks would come between 9-11 and 10-10.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

9-11 ? 10-10...

How about 10:10?

10:10 Their prayer therein will be: Glory be to Thee, O Allah! and their greeting therein will be: Peace. And the conclusion of their prayer will be: Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Then in "CB lingo" (Actually the 10 code) it would be:

10-10 Transmission completed, standing by
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

10-10-680 - Battle of Karbala: Shia Imam Husayn bin Ali, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, was decapitated by forces under Caliph Yazid I.

It is a day of fasting, Iran, Pakistan.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

School Terror Threat: Postcards With Threatening Cartoon Sent To Nine Schools
    Stop The ACLU ^ | 17-Sep-07 | Jay777

Please be aware!!!
    Investigators in Marion County, Fla., are searching for the author of nine postcards sent to different schools on the same day, with the words ‘Jihad-Boom” and cartoons drawn by hand, of a building being blown up with people inside.

Investigators released the postcards with the threatening drawings on them Monday in hopes of generating leads in the case. Officials said that the postcards are made up of various and traditional themes, and each one has a distinctive hand-drawn cartoon on it. Several of the threats arrived on postcards featuring Walt Disney World. Detectives said the threat-maker crossed his or her No. 7s and attached a suffix to the address. Six of the nine postcards spell the word “Jihad” correctly, while the others are incorrect.

The U.S. Postal Service said that the postcards were all mailed to the schools from the Ocala-Gainesville mailing district before the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. A $10,000 reward has been issued to anyone who provides information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for using the postal service to mail the threatening postcards to schools.
    There are other factors that should concern folks as well...

(Excerpt) Read more at stoptheaclu.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

More on those two in SC:

'Jihadi' Images, Detonator Video Found ( Florida students in South Carolina )

The Tampa Tribune ^ | Sep 15, 2007 | Elaine Silvestrini

A laptop computer deputies found when they pulled over two University of South Florida students in South Carolina contained a video made by one of the men showing how to use a toy to detonate a bomb remotely, a federal prosecutor said Friday.

On that video, the student, Ahmed Mohamed, said the detonator could "save one who wants to be a martyr for another day, another battle," ...

The prosecutor said that video was posted by Mohamed on YouTube...
    Also on the laptop were "jihadi" images and footage of rockets used by Hamas...

Hoffer disclosed the computer evidence Friday as he laid out the prosecution's case that Megahed should be denied bail because he is a danger to the community and a flight risk.

Both defendants are Egyptian citizens. Megahed is a legal, permanent resident of the Unites States, and Mohamed is here on a student visa.

Hoffer said that when deputies in South Carolina pulled the pair over for speeding on Aug. 4, they saw Megahed, who was the passenger, trying to put away the laptop computer that belonged to Mohamed. When investigators analyzed the computer, they found that the last-viewed images showed Qassam rockets, which are used by Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad....

In the trunk, deputies found four small sections of PVC pipe, at least three of which were stuffed with a "potassium nitrate explosive mixture" of potassium nitrate, Karo syrup and kitty litter...

"Obviously, that raised the hackles of law enforcement in South Carolina," Hoffer said. "That's why we're here."

Both men are charged with transporting explosives without a permit, relating to the stuffed PVC pipes deputies have described as pipe bombs.

(Excerpt) Read more at tbo.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Texas Homeland Security Chief: 'Terrorists Crossed Border' -- MSM Ignores News
    Newsbusters.org ^ | 9/19/07 | Warner Todd Huston

On Sept. 13th, Texas Homeland Security Director Steve McCraw announced in a speech to the North Texas Crime Commission that Texas authorities had apprehended terrorist suspects who were sneaking across the Mexico/U.S. border. Shouldn't such a report be running through the MSM like wildfire? Yet, the MSM seems to be ignoring this explosive report with only local Texas news sources, a few Jihad watchers and bloggers having picked up the Director's statements.

The AP did have a report, shockingly enough, but few other MSM services seem to have found it as of yet... even though the story is about a week old.
    DALLAS - Texas' top homeland security official said Wednesday that terrorists with ties to Hezbollah, Hamas and al-Qaida have been arrested crossing the Texas border with Mexico in recent years.

"Has there ever been anyone linked to terrorism arrested?"
    Texas Homeland Security Director Steve McCraw said in a speech to the North Texas Crime Commission. "Yes, there was."
    The Director went on to name at least one name and make the clam that some 300 people possibly linked to terror or from countries where terrorism is endemic have been apprehended at the Texas border.

Here is the meat of the Director's comments:
    McCraw identified the most notable figure captured as Farida Goolam Mahomed Ahmed, who was arrested in July 2004 at the McAllen airport. She carried $7,300 in various currencies and a South African passport with pages missing. Federal officials later learned she waded across the Rio Grande.

(O)n Wednesday, McCraw described Ahmed as having ties to an insurgent group in Pakistan and whose specialty was smuggling Afghanis and other foreign nationals across the border.

McCraw also said that since March 2006, 347 people from what he called "terrorism-related countries" have been arrested crossing the border in Texas. The number of Iraqis captured at the border has tripled since last year, he said.

"A porous border without question is a national security threat," he said.
    Have the MSM simply decided that Director McCraw is just employing bombast to justify his government job? Have they decided his words are unimportant, without a national debate of his comments? Have the MSM collectively decided that the country doesn't need to hear this news?

Since most in the media are against the border fence, are they ignoring this story because it might strengthen public support for the fence being built?

It sure might seem so. A Google search of Director McCraw reveals quite a few Texas papers and TV stations reporting this week old news, but few national sources.

So why the news black out on this shocking story?

Read more at Newsbusters.org.
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

According to my mother, FOX news did do a brief report on it and she monitors them all day. They did not do any followup however as getting higher confirmation of the statements was not forthcoming.

Thanks

I keep fox on at work 90% of the dayt, though I am not always at my desk to hear it, and I do check other news sources. I didn't see any of the above.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

A small town in New Jersey has closed down all the schools because of bomb threats, which came in the form of a letter to the Mayor's office.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information