Thread: US Airman shot HERE on the 4th of July 2007

Thanks

Default US Airman shot HERE on the 4th of July 2007

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...JkZjA0MTdkM2Q=

The July 4th Attack
    When peaceniks attack, journalists snooze.

By Michelle Malkin

A young Air Force airman is fighting for his life in Camden, N.J. He was shot on Independence Day by a crazed gunman who reportedly had a beef with the military and the U.S. government and “wanted to make a statement” on the Fourth of July. Have you heard about the plight of 22-year-old McGuire Air Force Base loadmaster Jonathan Schrieken? Probably not.

The shooting got no mention in the New York Times — not even a squib in a back section (though the paper did see fit to put the shooting of a seven-year-old girl in Trenton on the front page).

Local media outlets have gathered a few news tidbits about the shooter, Matthew Marren, who killed himself after attacking Schrieken outside his Willingboro home. Schrieken roomed with a few other servicemen in the rented house. Schrieken did not know Marren. PhillyBurbs.com reported that a relative said Marren was “angry at the government and wanted to make a statement” on Independence Day. Authorities found two suicide notes that “were indicative of an individual suffering from mental-health problems.”

A random act of insanity? Not so fast. There’s more to the story. A reader whose son is the best friend of Senior Airman Schrieken wrote to Charles Johnson of the Little Green Footballs blog with background details:
    My son’s best friend, Jon, who’s in the Air Force stationed in New Jersey at Fort Dix/McGuire Air Force Base, was shot by a crazed anti-military white guy on Independence Day and he remains in critical condition. He had been on leave here in Ohio and got back to his home off base and was unpacking stuff from his car when this 22-year-old guy walked up to him and asked him if he lived in the house. When Jon said yes, the guy said ‘not any more’ and shot him point-blank in the chest. He tried to shoot him again, but his gun jammed. Jonathan made it into the house. The guy then shot himself.

Turns out the guy left a couple of suicide notes stating how much he hated the military and he wanted to go out making a statement, so he chose to make his statement on Independence Day trying to kill a soldier. We are very worried about our Airman . . . he’s like a son to me. He’s been to Iraq and Afghanistan on our behalf and then gets shot in his own driveway here in the U.S. by an anti-war, anti-American lunatic. This is gut wrenching.
    Now, imagine the scenario flipped: What if a soldier had attempted to murder a peace activist over the holidays in order to “make a statement”? The Times would be holding front-page vigil, and Katie Couric’s brow would be furrowed for a week. The yakkity yaks on The View would be clucking their tongues about the culture of violence bred by the military — and who knows what Rosie O’Donnell would be dressing her poor child in to exploit the story on her website.

Funny how the Root Causes crowd becomes so incurious about the root causes of crime when the suspects are anti-military nutballs and antiwar protesters. To the extent leftists pay any attention at all to this attempted murder, you can expect it to be downplayed as an isolated incident. Never mind the pro-fragging comments made by troop-bashing academic fraudsters like Ward Churchill; the iconic banners that proclaim “We support our troops when they shoot their own officers” and “Don’t impeach Bush . . . execute him”; the countless acts of vandalism against military recruitment offices nationwide since 9/11; and the burning of soldiers in effigy by hate-filled peaceniks.

Oh, and this week, the trial of Michael Curtis Reynolds began. He’s a Pennsylvania man and al Qaeda sympathizer accused of plotting to blow up U.S. energy installations in order to drive up gas prices and precipitate a U.S. withdrawal from Iraq. In e-mail exchanges with Internet sleuth Shannen Rossmiller, who unmasked the bombing plot, Reynolds called the United States an “accursed country” and said “it isn’t the land of the free, but the home of the new dictators.”

Harmless rantings? No. Ideas, like the bullet in Jon Schrieken’s chest, have consequences.

Readers can send get-well wishes to Schrieken here.

© 2007 CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: US Airman shot HERE on the 4th of July 2007

Absolutely sick.

Anyone who has spent any deal of time over at DU or Daily Kos reading their drivel would know that this individual is far from rare. He was just one that acted on what he said.

Prayers that Jonathan Schrieken sees a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks

Umm... Is that the one I sent you guys?

Thanks
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

I wrote an editorial on this two weeks ago. Updated it on the 15th. Been in contact with the Cinnaminson, N.J. PD. who arrested the perp 10 days before the shooting. Guess where the perp was coming from when he was arrested?

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/node/1101

The Silence of Our Media

UPDATE 15 July 2007 The Northeast Intelligence Network is exremely pleased to report that as of last Thursday morning the medical condition of Senior Airman Jonathan Schrieken was improved by hospital staff at Camden's Cooper University Hospital from critical to stable. This news comes via the local Burlington County Times newspaper in an article written by David Levinsky. The article also reported the deceased gunman had lived in Willingboro Township where the shooting took place as recently as two years ago, and that his .25 caliber semiautomatic handgun serial number had been "defaced". This second fact speaks to a premeditated intent. However, no motive for the attempted assassination has been assigned as yet in the ongoing investigation by the Burlington County Prosecutors Office. It remains unknown how or when Marren acquired the weapon.

Exclusive to the Northeast Intelligence Network it is now known that approximately 10 days prior to the attempted assassination of SRA Schrieken, Matthew Marren was arrested by Cinnaminson Township police after he nearly "ran down" one of their officers who was directing traffic near a motor vehicle accident. Our source stated that Marren was "stoned" at the time of the arrest. As a result of that incident Marren missed, for obvious reasons, a July 12 Cinnaminson Municipal Court appearance.

Cinnaminson Township lies directly between Marren's most recent home of record, his fathers Pennsauken Township home, and the Wiillingboro Township home of Senior Airman Jonathan Schrieken. Route 130 is the shortest path between the homes involved. Investigation continues...

12 July 2007: At around 5:30 pm on July 4, 2007, just a short few hours prior to nationwide fireworks celebrations in honor of our Independence Day, 22-year old Senior Airman Jonathan Schrieken was standing in the driveway of his rented home in Willingboro, New Jersey. Having just returned from leave in his hometown of Columbus, Ohio to continue his duties as a Loadmaster with the 6th Airlift Squadron at New Jersey’s McGuire Air Force Base, the last thing on the mind of this young veteran of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan was the imminent and potentially lethal peril he was confronted with in the next minute.

Another 22-year old man approached from behind. That man was Matthew J. Marren, of nearby Pennsauken, N.J. Marren had driven the approxmately nine miles from his Pennsauken home to Schrieken’s Willingboro residence. He pulled up and walked over to inquire of Senior Airman Schrieken, “do you live in this house?” Schrieken replied in the affirmative, to which Marren responded “not any more” and proceeded to shoot him point blank in the chest. Marren then shot and killed himself.

If you have not heard of this event from one week ago then you were like me as of this morning when I was informed of the incident by Rick Brancadora, owner of WIBG 1020 AM radio in southern New Jersey. I work on the Ft. Dix/McGuire portion of the New Jersey megabase and had not heard of this. I immediately began to investigate this event and the reason for the lack of media coverage became glaringly obvious.
    Until he shot and killed himself Matthew J. Marren was an obsessed anti-war activist, an anti-US military and anti-American lunatic. Was he a man with severe mental health issues? Undoubtedly. However, what member of that group of rabid anti-American, anti-war zealots is mentally stable? Seen Rosie lately? I rest my case.

And this is exactly why the so-called Main Stream Media failed to cover this story. Instead of some islamofascist dirt bag assassinating an American soldier in the war zone, here we have one those dirt bags American-born supporters doing the assassinating while standing upon our hero’s own driveway. Is this not eerily similar to the plot of the Fort Dix Six? Could Marren have done at his level of capability what the Dix Six were prevented from doing by the FBI? Get the picture America? Good, because that is the picture that our media will suppress and hide from you at all costs - one of their own politically minded constituents killing one of our finest on our own soil. It’s bad for their political point of view, and that is bad for their business and why they are silent when it comes to the truth of the matter. And that makes me mad as hell; as well it should you too.

Thanks

I wasn't referring to your article, I was referring to the one I'd sent to someone for posting. A while back. It was barely being covered I noted too. Anyway, I have had several people mention it in recent days as if it were new news again. So, word IS getting out finally.
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Update

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=5480559

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/8619187.html

Notice how the media try to spin the aftermath, and Marren's father denying claims his son was an anti-war zealot.

The FACTS are that Marren shot and attempted to murder a US serviceman in cold blood who was a reportedly total stranger (I and others happen to think Marren had been stalking Schrieken); he left two suicide notes which a relative confirmed was very "anti-war and anti-US government" and that he would make a statement reflecting his anti-war stance on July 4th. That statement was the shooting of SRA Schrieken.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; July 27th, 2007 at 19:49.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I wasn't referring to your article, I was referring to the one I'd sent to someone for posting.
    I was just making sure the forum knew I'd written on this topic, and not that what I posted above was any kind of response to what you had stated.

Thread Information