Banned
    Thanks

Default William Koenig for President 2008

A brand new candidate announces...

http://www.williamkoenig.com/

Bill Koenig's website: http://www.watch.org/

12-Point Platform

1. Our Nation

The United States is a Constitutional Republic. A Republic protects the individual's rights without regard to social or economic circumstances. We must stop classifying our citizens by socioeconomic and ethnic classes, which leads with certainty to economic and racial division. We are all Americans and we celebrate our common heritage as a proud nation of immigrants who have come together to become American citizens, building and maintaining the greatest nation on earth.
    2. Take Our Enemies Seriously

Radical Islam critically threatens the interests of the United States at home and abroad. This threat is not a perception; it is openly celebrated in the streets of militant countries who proclaim their hatred of the United States and call on their citizens to live with harmful intent toward America and her citizens. The actions they have taken and the actions they vow to take must be taken seriously. If the U.S. leaves the Middle East, Iran and terrorist organizations will intensify their aggressive action and override the entire region, trampling the Palestinians along with the peoples of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, and other Middle Eastern countries. This action will certainly jeopardize and possibly destroy U.S. interests in the Middle East, disrupting oil delivery and greatly impacting world economies.

In addition to the radical Islam threat to U.S. interests, many other factors affect Middle East security. After a twenty-year absence, Russia is rising to a position of increasing political and military activity in the Middle East. Russia and China are proactively arming Iran, Syria, and other Middle Eastern countries.

Internally, Muslim is pitted against Muslim, resulting in serious sectarian conflicts in many Middle Eastern countries. Clearly, dividing Israel’s land and giving it to her enemies is not the key to world and Middle East peace.
    3. American’s Financial Future

We must help people to better prepare for their financial future through fiscal planning and savings incentives.

American families are under financial fire, experiencing unprecedented increased costs in energy, health care, insurance, prescription drugs, mortgage interest, and education. At the same time, American families approach a dangerous dilemma of record low savings and record high levels of consumer debt.

We urge companies to think ethically and consider the negative consequences of aggressive and exploitative business practices. While self-regulation and moderation are not popular approaches, the converse option of more federal government intrusion and restrictive regulation is not a desirable solution.
    4. Federal Government Accountability

Americans do not need or desire excess federal regulation and oversight that complicate their lives and increase the costs of products and services. The federal government must be downsized.

The U.S. Tax Code, consisting of nine million words on 65,000 pages, must undergo a dramatic reduction, paring down to a fair and equitable tax system, eventually adoptinga flat tax that treats citizens equally.
    Corporate tax laws must be simplified so that small- and medium-size companies can fairly compete with larger corporations. Taxes on estates at death must be permanently eliminated.

The federal government must adopt Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP) to accurately report the nation’s financial picture.
    5. Health Care System

We call for a world-class health care system that is disinfected of greed, inefficiencies, excessive administrative expenses, costly hospital stays, inflated prices, mismanagement, inadequate care, waste, and fraud. These routinely accepted abuses significantly increase the cost of medical care and health insurance for employers and workers, negatively affecting the financial security of our families. We will evaluate a prudent and wise way to insure all Americans, providing access to crucial health services that strengthen our country by increasing the vitality of her citizens.
    6. National Energy Plan

We must establish a comprehensive energy plan. The lack of an effective plan has greatly complicated and unnecessarily burdens our national and financial security, causing us to continually suffer the consequences of inaction or short-term solutions without consideration of their long-term effects.

Democratic led Congressional actions and environmental restrictions ceased oil exploration programs and halted pipeline and refinery construction on Federal and private land. These actions significantly increased energy costs while introducing unproven and costly alternatives, causing an unwise and precarious reliance on foreign oil and the countries that possess the majority of the world's oil: Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and Russia.
    7. Education: Perfect the Basics

We must return to the basics so students will be well equipped to take positions in society as productive citizens who are trained to think for themselves. This emphasis on the basics squarely rests on reading, writing, math, science, and phonics. All high school students should be required to take one semester of financial management to prepare them for responsible decision-making. Standardized tests should not be the sole criterion for advancement. Educational decisions and accountability should be returned to the states.
    8. Immigration

For thirty years immigration laws have seen ineffective enforcement. During this time, American businesses learned to effectively utilize hard working, low skilled and low-cost illegal immigrants and American consumers benefit greatly from this practice. We must develop a humane and legally appropriate solution; this isn’t a zero sum game. Enforcement delays greatly complicated the problem, creating deep political and ethnic divisions that will cost our nation for years. We must secure the borders, require employer cooperation, develop enforceable guest worker programs, restrict services to illegal immigrants, and acknowledge that delayed enforcement has caused an enormous problem that must be remedied humanely, justly, and without delay.
    9. Social Security

Since 1965, our government raided hundreds of billions of dollars of Social Security tax revenue to help pay down annual Federal deficits. This unsustainable activity must end. Social Security taxes should be applied toward future Social Security obligations.
    10. Medicare

Medicare currently accounts for one-eighth of the Federal budget, and that share will grow after 2010 as the Baby Boomers reach eligibility. Studies show that basic payment errors, through fraud or administrative mistakes, cost Medicare $12.3 billion a year, while bills for another $7 billion go uncollected. Heritage Foundation tax analyst Brian Riedl estimates that Medicare reforms could save $20 to $30 billion a year.
    11. International Relationships

The United States funds approximately 25 percent of the United Nations' budget. This investment must be thoroughly evaluated.

International relations must be credible and not based on appeasement. The United States must lead by example, not by compromising our American values, integrity, or sovereignty, and not by forcing our beliefs on other nations.
    12. Life and Marriage

Life must be protected from the moment of conception. Refusing to support the unborn child lessens the value of human life. More than 45 million unborn children have been terminated since Roe v Wade. This is an enormous number of people denied the right to life, the right to parenthood, and the right to become a productive citizen. We must embrace life from its beginning!

Our country's core strength lies in the family unit. We must defend the marriage union of one man and one woman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no doubt here. I have found a candidate I can fully support.

Thanks

Default Re: William Joenig for President 2008

You accidently misspell his name?

If so, I'll fix, otherwise, I'll leave it
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: William Joenig for President 2008

"Joenig" is most certainly a typo. It should be Koenig as seen on the image of the candidate. The lack of a simple editing function here is pathetic. If I can't edit or update my material here then I'll find someplace else to post it.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: William Koenig for President 2008

Sean,
    You can indeed edit your posts. There is a 10 minute time frame after making a post within which it can be edited.

Thanks

If I can't edit or update my material here then I'll find someplace else to post it.
    As you well know, there is a reason that editing feature is limited. But you can edit it for about 10 minutes. After that you can't, but that has been the way it has been pretty much since the beginning, and it is due FULLY to the abuse that we all went through on Anomalies over editing features.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    As you well know, there is a reason that editing feature is limited. But you can edit it for about 10 minutes. After that you can't, but that has been the way it has been pretty much since the beginning, and it is due FULLY to the abuse that we all went through on Anomalies over editing features.
    As I stated,

If I can't edit or update my material here then I'll find someplace else to post it.
    I understand editing functions here. Always have. I came here as a moderator in the beginning, then I voluntarily stepped up to admin . I have always had the ability to edit and update my material in my posts within these TAA forums - until recently.

This fact couple with Ricks response insinuates is as if I am a problem here on TAA as certain trolls were at Anomalies.

Well, if that is what you think of my participation here - then there is nothing more to be stated.

I have PM'd Ryan with my concern; his response to my PM will determine what I do, or don't do any more with respect to TAA.
    Last edited by Aplomb; August 1st, 2007 at 09:31. Reason: confidential information removed from public

Thanks

The system is designed for you to post messages in the same thread you start.

That keeps the original material intact, gives you a place to post the new, updated stuff, corrections or additions while preserving the original material.

It's just a way to maintain continuity, that's all. It's not to give people problems.

This fact couple with Ricks response insinuates is as if I am a problem here on TAA as certain trolls were at Anomalies.
    Sean, I wasn't implying you were a troll, nor that you were a problem at all. You're blowing this way out of proportion. I was merely INDICATING that there are reasons for the way we do things, and you're quite aware of them because you SAW it happen in the past, same as we did.

If you think I was somehow saying something denigrate you in some manner, you're way wrong on this.

Well, if that is what you think of my participation here - then there is nothing more to be stated.

I have PM'd Ryan with my concern; his response to my PM will determine what I do, or don't do any more with respect to TAA.
    I didn't say ANYTHING about YOUR participation, Sean.

YOU made a comment about our editing rules, I was merely commenting on them. I wasn't suggesting ANYTHING negative to you.

I understand editing functions here. Always have. I came here as a moderator in the beginning, then I voluntarily stepped up to admin. I have always had the ability to edit and update my material in my posts within these TAA forums - until recently.
    Since you brought this up, let me clarify something. You came here 1) as a moderator because *I* suggested it. Ask Ryan. I'm sure he had you in mind before I suggested it as well. 2) YOU ONLY became an administrator at MY request. Brian SUGGESTED YOU and I CONCURRED, then Ryan made it SO.

So, before you get the idea that I wasn't involved in ANY of the decisions around the site before, you're wrong; especially when it came to YOU.

I'll not air any more "dirty laundry" here, but suffice it to say, you remember the discussion you and I had long ago about you becoming a Moderator on Anomalies, I'm sure. I had to make a final decision about giving you that position and I decided AGAINST it there. It was for the VERY SAME REASONS I DECIDED AGAINST DOING IT THERE, THAT I MADE THE DECISION HERE TO VOTE FOR ADMIN STATUS.

In other words, at times, your own ... "abrasiveness" are needed to get people to actually take a LOOK at what you say.

Sean, I have had nothing but respect for you in the past. You've worn that respect very thin too, with me, not that you care. I thought that was over and done, but the minute I post something, you jump on it.

What gives?
    Last edited by Aplomb; August 1st, 2007 at 09:33. Reason: Confidential information removed from public post
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Sean,
    You said that TAA lacking a simple editing feature is "pathetic". As pointed out, there is indeed an editing feature for general members limited to 10 minutes after a post is made. Most people re-reading a post they make will catch their errors within that 10 minute window.

The only people that have unlimited post editing ability are TAA staff members.

As Rick pointed out, updating information in a thread can be done with simply making additional posts to a topic. I know that is typically how I go about it.

But, perhaps since we haven't had the same problems with post editing here (since the Jill St. Claire incident at least) as we did at AN I might be willing to relax the editing guidelines.

I'll discuss this with the other staff to see how they feel as it would require more effort on their part to be more vigilant for editing abuse. I certainly don't want to heap more responsibilities on their shoulders without running it by them first.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Sean,
    You said that TAA lacking a simple editing feature is "pathetic". As pointed out, there is indeed an editing feature for general members limited to 10 minutes after a post is made. Most people re-reading a post they make will catch their errors within that 10 minute window.
    I'm not "most people".

The only people that have unlimited post editing ability are TAA staff members.
    Exactly. I had that ability. It was taken away. No reason, no discussion, that ability was just taken away.

I might be willing to relax the editing guidelines ... I'll discuss this with the other staff to see how they feel...
    Ryan,

Tell ya what... don't bother considering anything, at least not on my account.

I sent you a Private Message. You respond with a Public Message.

Goodbye. Permanently this time.

Thanks

Sean,
    Don't know if you are going to read this or not since you've again said you are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post
    Exactly. I had that ability. It was taken away. No reason, no discussion, that ability was just taken away.
    You had that ability when you were a staff member.

You have not been on the staff here since you were removed during your last blowup with Rick, several months back. Note, several months back. And you are just now noticing your changed board permissions?

And, if I recall correctly, there was plenty of discussion during that go around.

Ryan,

Tell ya what... don't bother considering anything, at least not on my account.
    Okay.

I sent you a Private Message. You respond with a Public Message.
    Well, your calling my site "pathetic" in public deserves being addressed in public.

Not to mention, you made the "pathetic" post at 9:21am on 7/30 and, I didn't get a PM from you on the subject until 1:20pm on the same day after I had responded to your initial post.

Goodbye. Permanently this time.
    Okay, whatever. You can go not be "most people" elsewhere.

Thanks

I really wish I had had more time yesterday morning. I was going to send you a pm and see if you wanted the thread title changed or not. As you know, Sean, a longer edit window means that people who are arguing can go back and change their original posts around. It is a prudent thing not to have a window big enough for members to do that. And you know that.

So you made a typo. Even I do that about --once a year. lol
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

I'm not "most people".
    You think you're special or something? Perhaps you ought to reexamine your original reasons for coming to this site.

This is a lie. There were plenty of reasons. In fact, even though you jumped all over me for no real reasons before -- I asked people to remain calm about your behavior and to reexamine everything, OBJECTIVELY and they did. The decision was made after YOU QUIT being a staff member to make your privleges at "Member level". *I* did the "deed". But, I also asked that people take the time to examine the situation.

That was, as Ryan points out, several months ago.

So far, Sean, you have told more lies than I can count regarding past incidents on this site between you and I. I've refrained for the most part calling you out on those, BUT, I have pointed out a few. You still took the time to continue to LIE your way through.

Not this time.

Your "ability" to edit or not goes with the LEVEL of membership on the site. Period. YOU quit once and I asked that you be removed later. I PERSONALLY took the access level from Admin to Moderator several months ago. Then it was further reduced when we decided it would be prudent.

Sean I wish you luck. Perhaps you can be happy somewhere else, where everyone will be scared of you. This site, and the people here are NOT scared of you.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh... this thread is locked, if you want to discuss the original subject, start a new thread on the guy.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information