Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interstate I-35W Bridge Collapses into the Mississippi River in Minneapolis

Thanks

Default Re: Interstate I-35W Bridge Collapses into the Mississippi River in Minneapolis

I know that bridges are a target. everyone does. if this were terrorism, al qaeda would be high-fiving all over the net already. besides that, its not the first time something like this has happened, wtih similar results. Those incidents pre-date al qaeda, too.

I think this was simply a bridge that didnt get the care it needed, and was on a road we couldnt do without, so MDOT gambled. we lost, and we payed the price. That is a helluva reason for all those people to die, and all those other people to get hurt, and for all their families to suffer.

ev

Thanks

Default Re: Interstate I-35W Bridge Collapses into the Mississippi River in Minneapolis

Liberals could hardly wait to take the tragedy of the bridge collpase to make a political statement.

With not all of the bodies of the victims even recovered and the heartbroken families waiting for word, these two heartless hags lay out the latest Bush bashing banner: Support Bridges Not War. Pathetic.

http://sandiego.cox.net/cci/newsnati...alidatearticle

People are entitled to their opinions, ridiculous as they may be. The scene of this tragedy where victims are still not recovered and where responders are doing the dangerous work of trying to recover bodies is not the place or the time for this nonsense.

Heartless. Completly heartless.

Thanks

Pathetic, stupid, and foolishly Naive.

ev

Quote Originally Posted by T.L. View Post
    Liberals could hardly wait to take the tragedy of the bridge collpase to make a political statement.

With not all of the bodies of the victims even recovered and the heartbroken families waiting for word, these two heartless hags lay out the latest Bush bashing banner: Support Bridges Not War. Pathetic.

http://sandiego.cox.net/cci/newsnati...alidatearticle

People are entitled to their opinions, ridiculous as they may be. The scene of this tragedy where victims are still not recovered and where responders are doing the dangerous work of trying to recover bodies is not the place or the time for this nonsense.

Heartless. Completly heartless.

Thanks

MINNEAPOLIS — Authorities investigating the collapse of the Interstate 35W bridge are looking for a person who was in a kayak below or near the bridge when it tumbled into the Mississippi River last week, Minneapolis Police Capt. Mike Martin said Wednesday.

"We need to talk to that person," Martin said.

Speaking at a press conference Wednesday, one week after the collapse of the bridge during rush hour killed at least five people and injured 100, Martin also warned area residents to stay clear of the disaster site, where perimeter security has become a top concern.

Thousands of people continue to flock to the site, and 14 people have been arrested for breaching the perimeter so far. That rate has slowed with just two arrests Tuesday, Martin said.

Additional security measures, such as cameras and motion detectors, were being installed at the site to assist authorities in identifying people who were crossing the perimeter, he added.

"You're not going to get anywhere near it without being arrested," Martin said.

Following an official day of mourning Tuesday, flags flew at half staff Wednesday in the Capitol in St. Paul — the other half of the Twin Cities — as Navy, FBI and local dive teams continued the search for eight people who remain missing and are presumed dead among the wreckage.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292569,00.html

The rest can be read at Fox, what's important here is they are now looking for a "man in a kayak"......

Jag

Thanks

Hmmm why are they looking from someone who "just happened to be in a kyak" just before or when it fell? Golly, why would authorities want to speak to someone like that?

I simply CAN NOT imagine there might have been something illegal going on, and gosh, just a GUY IN A KYAK? Naw, he couldn't have done anything WRONG and brought down a bridge, could he?

I mean, it's simply INCONCEIVABLE in the UNITED STATES that terrorism might be involved in ANYTHING that happens these days. So, why the HELL are they looking for a "guy in a kyak"???
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Well they picked the bid for the new bridge. Its the most expensive and will take the longest to build. Oh, and it will be "light rail capable".

Thread Information