Thread: Red Rover, Red Rover, Tag's All Over

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Red Rover, Red Rover, Tag's All Over

Red Rover, Red Rover, Tag's All Over
    COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.

Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said.

Fesgen said two parents complained to her about the ban but most parents and children didn't object.

In 2005, two elementary schools in the nearby Falcon School District did away with tag and similar games in favor of alternatives with less physical contact. School officials said the move encouraged more students to play games and helped reduce playground squabbles.

Thanks

Default Re: Red Rover, Red Rover, Tag's All Over

That'll help keep them from getting fat...

Thanks

Yeah, really. Complain about the "obesity epidemic" in young people and then go about prohibiting them from being competitive.

Thanks

Competition is over-rated you know. If there were no competition, we'd not have all these PROBLEMS in the world you know!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

WTF?

Can't chatter at baseball games.

Now, no tag.

Might as well sit in front of the Play Station.

Could you imagine being a kid these days, and playing like we played in the 60s and 70s?

Probably get arrested...

Thanks

And so the educator in Denver chimes in:

Here's the problem that I see all the time at several schools. The kids are outside before school, and during recess time, as well as when school is dismissed for the day. Now at all of these times there is some bullying going on because there are kids who take advantage of a situation with little or no supervision. At one school in particular, during recess parents have been given the charge of supervision. So what are the parents doing? Talking with one another while the kids are jumping off of the tops of slides and getting into brawls. When a kid is hurt and goes to an adult, these days the philosophy is to not intervene and just let the kids handle it. Wow, now doesn't that get you off the hook of having to actually act like an adult and be the bad guy and do a little disciplining.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aplomb View Post
    When a kid is hurt and goes to an adult, these days the philosophy is to not intervene and just let the kids handle it. Wow, now doesn't that get you off the hook of having to actually act like an adult and be the bad guy and do a little disciplining.
    Honestly, I'm kind of surprised this is the course of action as it is something I believe should be happening in a limited fashion.

I think if a fight breaks out kids, within reason, should get a chance to settle it themselves. This teaches the weaker kids that they have to stick up for themselves and learn to knock the bully on his butt.

Heck, it worked with me! I was in 3rd grade and had an 8th grader continually picking on me. Well, a swift kick to the family jewels one day for that 8th grader taught him not to mess with me and, I didn't even need a teacher's/parent's help.

Don't get me wrong, obviously if the bully is being relentless on someone who can't/won't stick up for themselves, then there needs to be some parental/teacher intervention. But, otherwise, perhaps that isn't such a bad way to handle things.

Thanks

Ha, if only that were true, Ryan. No sir, if a child retaliates, just can't take it any more, that kid gets suspended along with the bully. Bullied kids tend to not try to get into more trouble and/or don't have the parents backing them to tell them that it is okay to get suspended for sticking up for yourself. I have moved my own children to a different school in Denver where there is zero tolerance for bullying. And get this, those kids get kicked out completely--and end up at the school that my kids used to attend.

Oh, and I will note that another plus is my children are in smaller classes because at least in part, that they get rid of kids that cause trouble.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

I remember running through the neighborhood with tennis balls loaded into tin-can canons, shooting each other. Whatever happened to the good old days?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Hi Rick, wanna wrestle?

Thread Information