Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Time Discussion thread - Many things

Thanks

Default Re: Real Time Discussion thread - Many things

Why all of a sudden, with the change like that? I guess a Constitution in Russia doesn't mean the same thing it does in the Western world, huh?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Man. no kidding.

HA!

You're a "cat toy."

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Things seem to be reaching a boiling point. I have noticed these things also. For what it is worth, Drudge is reporting oil at $80 a barrel.

Now it the time to pay close attention to world events, Putin may become a very dangerous foe.

Be prepared.
    I agree... I've been seeing evidence that something is coming to a head for the last couple months.

I'd have to say it was when Russia started announcing those massive arms sales with Venezuela, Iran, Syria, and China.

It has escalated when Russia resumed their bomber flights and carried them out more aggressively than any in a long time.

Not to mention that China seems to have gotten in on this escalation with their widespread cyber attacks including the US, Great Britain, Germany, and now France.

Oh and Luke, Putin is a dangerous foe. Keep in mind all that he's done to try and rebuild and even expand on the old Soviet empire. What he is doing now is becoming more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Done.

Post 83.
    Sooooo close Backstop...

Thanks

I don't understand what you mean, Ryan.

Thanks

Here's Yoni's opinion:

http://www.yonitheblogger.com/

'Advisors to Assad pressuring him to respond with force'

Sep 12, 2007 8:56 | Updated Sep 12, 2007 8:56 'Advisors to Assad pressuring him to respond with force' By JPOST.COM STAFF Advisors to Syrian President Bashar Assad are pressuring him to respond to the alleged IAF attack by "landing a blow to an Israeli target," the Kuwait-based Al-Jareeda reported Wednesday. According to the report, Israel targeted long-range missile batteries that were brought to Syria from Iran. The report said five IAF fighter jets carried out the attack.
    Israel Radio quoted the Kuwaiti paper to the effect that the group advocating a military response is being spearheaded by Assad's brother in law, who has met in recent days with senior Hizbullah and Hamas officials in an effort to draw up an operation plan.

The Kuwaiti paper also reported that the Syrian army has begun drafting reservists from the armed corps, missile corps and anti-aircraft units, and quoted "sources in the know" who said the draft was a response to Israel raising its level of readiness in the north.

War is coming.

Assad in mafia terms needs to make his bones and he can not survive by allowing this Israeli air strike to go unanswered.

He must hit Israel or risk loosing his life in a coup and when he hits Israel it will be the start of a war. He also hopes that the international community will step in an stop the war in a few days time and reward him in the negotiations after the war with the return of the Golan.

Remember Yoni's rule number one for dealing with Arabs never negotiate.

I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I wasn't able to be here earlier to have a discussion with you all, but if you do keep the thread going for a couple of days, that'll help allow those of us to drop in and add something.

In case anybody doesn't know my opinion, it is that we are going to be hit. Many of us have a list of things that we can say are either President Bush's fault, or that we are not happy with him about. I have a couple items myself. But that we haven't been hit like 9/11 I hope will be a credit to him sometime in the future. All the same, it's coming. It has actually never stopped coming; it's only that we have successfully thwarted these terrorist Islamic attacks. But nothing's going to stop them from trying and trying to destroy us because of all of the reasons that we have already gone over in so many numerous threads.

Some think that there is nothing that anybody can do. Well, that is not my opinion. Anybody that does something adds to the whole; so consequently, I am doing my share. My part is being here as a moderator and being at work and being a responsible and reliable and a resourceful parent. And when I see something odd, not to mind my own business, but to meddle. There was a man with a truck and some strange-looking gear with what appeared to be a tube coming from a jug of some sort. I went around the block and came back after passing him. I parked the car right up beside him and called him over to ask him some questions. He explained who he was working for and why he was sampling the ground. He did not act like he was lying or nervous about being questioned. So I was fine with it. If it hadn't come across as the truth, I'd have been making phone calls and getting more information on my own to give to the authorities. This is the type of citizenry we need in America.

By the way, Rick, I read that thread that you noted here. I think you're right about the guy Glenn being from Anomalies. You did notice that he called you Ace a couple of times, also? I think some of those guys over there still really believe that you have many accounts in operation there like they were saying in that one thread where they were discussing you leaving and the board lost a lot of action with arguments since "all of you" had left. Crazy people. I don't know where or why you would feel you needed to find the time to fight with yourself as several different people as they suggested. And I can vouch for you there as I've known you enough years to know you are way to busy with life. I know you well enough, as we were best friends, to state that you don't have more nor need to invent more than one voice to say exactly what you mean.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

I don't understand what you mean, Ryan.
    In that case, I think you need to surrender you Arfcom membership.

Thanks

I believe we're just a few months away from an "official" start to World War III. Iran, Russia, Syria, and China are pushing hard. China is making attacks on our consummer products on a massive scale. Russia is going old school U.S.S.R again. Syria has always been in the pocket of Iran and they are intentionally provoking a war with Israel. And Iran is ran by nut cases that will stop at nothing to nuke an American or Israeli city.

With mainline Europe rolling over on their backs and exposing their bellies we can be sure that the U.S. will be going this mostly alone. Add into it the increased preparations of Mexico for full scale invasion and Chavez making not so idle threats and we have everything in a pressure cooker for a nice explosion.

Those nations believe that a Dem will take the office in '08 and if one does we'll be up to our necks in our own people's blood in short order. We need a hawkish Republican with the willingness to use nukes in order to survive this.

I'm personally tired of the "diplomatic" approach and I'm not into rebuilding these nations. We need to crush them and move on. Leave them in ruins to fight over scraps so they're too busy to mess with us. If done right we can leave everyone of the above nations living in the dark ages for the next few centuries. And we can do it rather quickly. Unfortunately our politicos are all a bunch of pansies that worry about what a parisian might think. Sheesh.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

You guys are hitting precisely what I have been thinking.

We're still calling Russia "allies" -- which is "true" to a point.

The Russians are selling arms to several anti-America countries.

North Korea has spit at us, China has, and so on.

There are a billion Muslims, most of whom hate America.

We're in a unique position in the world. We're the largest job market on the planet, keep the economy moving and half the world hates us.

Half the Americans living here hates us because they THINK we ought to just "lay down and give in" to irresponsible demands (like get out of Iraq, admit we're "evil" etc) and so we're in a bad, bad position of getting hit by anyone, and then all the others "joining in".

That's what I'm seeing building.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

U.S. warned N. Korea not to help Syria with nukes
    Haaretz ^ | 13:51 13/09/2007 | Barak Ravid, Avi Issacharoff and Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondents and News Agencies

U.S. President George W. Bush warned North Korea last year against transferring nuclear material to Syria, Iran or a terrorist organization, saying such a move would be perceived as a "grave threat," a former U.S. official recently told Haaretz.

In a telephone conversation, the former U.S. ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, said North Korea may be using Syria and Iran as "safe havens" for its nuclear activity.

Bolton, now affiliated with the "American Enterprise Institute" in Washington, served Bush in his first term as Under-Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security. In that capacity, as well as later, he clashed with other officials, most notably from CIA, regarding Syria's nuclear plans.

On Thursday, a U.S. official was quoted as saying Damascus may be building a nuclear facility with North Korean assistance, a week after Syria claimed Israeli aircraft violated its airspace and dropped munitions within its territory,

According to a Washington Post report, a U.S. official talking on condition of anonymity said recent satellite images gathered over the past six months mostly by Israeli sources indicate Syria may be building such a facility.

Access to the information has been heavily restricted to a team headed by security adviser Stephen J. Hadley, leaving many in the intelligence community unaware of the reports' significance, the U.S. newspaper quoted sources as saying.

Israel has refused to comment on Syria's allegations, but a former Israeli official had said he had heard the attack had been carried out against a facilitiy capable of producing unconventional weapons.

(Excerpt) Read more at haaretz.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    In that case, I think you need to surrender you Arfcom membership.
    Well great.

Now I'm all AFU.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    We're in a unique position in the world.
    I'll say.

It's turnining into an "U.S. vs Them" kinda thing. I'm not saying there are too many of "Them" for us to win; but holy cow.

I also think WWIII is looming.

--------------------------

I find this incredibly interesting.

Putin has selected Viktor Zubkov for the next PM.

From what I've read so far, he's a relative unknown.

But I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Putin has know Zubkov a long, long time. Bet he's been groomed for this position.

And that's worrisome.

More searching pending...

--------------------------

Speaking of donuts, where's Joey?

Thanks

Also, I've found a few references indicating that Zubkov states he "might" run for President next year when Putin steps down.

Ya think?!?!

Thanks

Also, I've found a few references indicating that Zubkov states he "might" run for President next year when Putin steps down.

Ya think?!?!
    I don't think it will be Zubkov running. Or, if he does it will be a token candidacy.

See, I think Putin dissolved the current government to free up Sergei Ivanov of his responsibilities as 1st Deputy Prime Minister to focus on taking over the presidency from Putin.

Putin's Heir Seen As Russia's 'Mr Nasty'

Thanks

Putin can't stay in according to their current rules, so, he has to put someone in that will do what Putin wants, and/or be more nasty than Putin himself can, or has been.

I think we're looking at an almost OBVIOUS return to the old Soviet days. Expect to see Russia come down on -- oh, it's escaping me, the folks dealing with the US on missile defense. Anyway, I think they will come down on them very hard to make an example out of them. If they refuse to buckle it will be a fight and that country (those countries who've been in talks with us) will become satellites once again.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Not sure where this came from but it looked interesting.....

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I think we're looking at an almost OBVIOUS return to the old Soviet days. Expect to see Russia come down on -- oh, it's escaping me, the folks dealing with the US on missile defense. Anyway, I think they will come down on them very hard to make an example out of them. If they refuse to buckle it will be a fight and that country (those countries who've been in talks with us) will become satellites once again.
    A little help for the ignorant, please. I don't know which countries you are speaking of nor do I understand exactly who will come down on whom.

Thanks

I cant remember the name for sure. I want to say it was Poland. It was in the news. Russia was beating them up for letting the US think about putting in radar sites.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Turkish intelligence assisted IDF in attack on Syria – report
    YNET NEWS ^ | 9/14/2007 | Roee Nahmias

Kuwaiti newspaper says Turkish intelligence provided Israel with information on targets Air Force allegedly attacked last week without Turkish government's authorization.

Turkish intelligence provided Israel with information on the Syrian targets allegedly attacked by the Air Force last week without the Turkish government's authorization, Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jareeda reported Thursday.

Al-Jareeda quoted several sources as saying that Israel and senior Turkish military personnel coordinated Israel's invasion of Turkish airspace during the operation to send a message to the ruling Justice and Development party, or AKP. Senior military officials in Turkey, most of whom are secular, oppose the Islamist party's platform.

According to the sources, AKP member and newly-elected President Abdullah Gul is not doing enough to prevent the transfer of arms from Iran to terror groups in Syria and Lebanon via Turkey.

However, the London-based Arabic newspaper al-Sharq al-Awsat reported that IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi refused to take a call from his Turkish counterpart, who asked for clarifications on the attack.,p. An Israeli diplomatic source said last Saturday that Turkey asked Israel for clarifications after finding two fuel tanks on its territory near the Syrian border allegedly belonging to Israeli warplanes,

Furthermore, Turkey's top-selling Hurriyet newspaper carried photographs of what it said were fuel tanks jettisoned by Israeli F-15Is sent to gather intelligence on Syrian installations near the Turkish border.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote of the day....

We do know that there are a number of foreign technicians that have been in Syria. We do know that there may have been contact between Syria and some secret suppliers for nuclear equipment. Whether anything transpired remains to be seen.

—Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Andrew Semmel, following reports that North Korea might be helping Syria build a nuclear facility.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information