Thread: When even Bambi attacks, what does that mean?

Thanks

Default When even Bambi attacks, what does that mean?

Deer are what I'd always considered the most fearful and docile of the animals. Well, I guess that was yesteryear. I wonder what's going on.

http://cbs4denver.com/watercooler/wa...256220515.html

Woman Gored By Deer At Hunting Preserve

(AP) SHANKSVILLE, Pa. A woman studying wetlands for an engineering firm was gored by a deer at a hunting preserve. Jamie Detweiler, 35, of Ligonier, was gored in the leg when the buck charged her at 6 Springs Hunts near Shanksville on Wednesday.

She was taken to Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown, where officials would not release her condition.

Randy Musser, who owns the engineering firm where Detweiler works, said she was expected to get out of the hospital Thursday.

"She's beat up a bit and has puncture wounds, but she seems to be doing pretty good," Musser said.

Roger Harmon, who opened the preserve for deer, rams and wild boar five years ago, said it's the first time anyone has been gored at the site.

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )

I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: When even Bambi attacks, what does that mean?

I considered a couple of possibilities.

The deer noticed the human had no weapon, so he got even for all of the deer who end up being hunted.

The deer thought she looked like another buck.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

While I have never been a member of the Mammal Militia, or the Bambi Brigade, some of my redneck friends tell me that it is not uncommon for deer to do this at different times of the year. I don't care much for the taste of venison, but do not hold it against those who do.

Fresh trout however is a different story, although to my knowledge there is no record of trout attack in this country.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Well, trout can be deadly, if you let them jump into your mouth. They can choke you to death. I have a video of a deer kicking an armed guy's butt.... lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Thanks

Hey, you're right Luke. Here's a slide show where younger deer go after a youngster, although, it doesn't look like he wants to fight the kid, it just wants to lick him to death.

http://www.nbc11.com/news/10122738/detail.html

Thanks

http://sfgate.com/flat/archive/2005/...050930D10.html

I guess this is not really a laughing matter, then, since they are actually killing people...

SoCal man dies of injuries suffered in deer attack

Thursday, October 20, 2005

(10-20) 05:09 PDT Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. (AP) --
    A man died after being attacked by a 6-foot-tall deer that he encountered in his back yard, officials said.

Ron Dudek stumbled onto the deer Sept. 25 when he went outside to pick tomatoes. The buck struck him in the face, ripping a hole in his cheek and ramming an antler into his mouth.

Dudek, the 73-year-old president of an electric company, died Monday of his injuries. The Medical Examiners Office said an autopsy revealed that the deer's blow caused a blood clot that went to his lungs and killed him.

"This was a startled deer that tried to get out any way it can and ended up hooking the victim," said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the state Department of Fish and Game.

The deer will be killed when it is found, he said.

Some neighbors said the buck that gored Dudek had become increasingly bold in recent weeks. While other deer run when people approach, this one stood his ground, they said.

Dudek's widow, Joanne, said she and her husband of 54 years never feed the deer that came into their yard, which offers a panoramic view of a river canyon about 17 miles northwest of San Diego.

"He was my life," she said, looking out on the canyon.

The attack on Dudek was the third violent deer encounter reported in California during the last four weeks, Martarano said.

On Sept. 29, a deer pinned a man against his house and bit a chunk out of his wife's arm in Mendocino County in Northern California.

On Oct. 11, a deer killed one dog and attacked three others in Orinda, near Oakland.

But deer attacks are rare nationwide, said Larry Hawkins, a legislative and public affairs officer for the U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

A deer killed a 5-year-old boy in 1977 at Yosemite National Park, he said.

Thanks

But then again, here's the reason for things like this:
    Dudek's widow, Joanne, said she and her husband of 54 years never feed the deer that came into their yard
    They were not very welcoming nor hospitable, now were they???

Thread Information