Thread: Belgium for sale.. on Ebay....

Thanks

Default Belgium for sale.. on Ebay....

Someone Tries to Sell Belgium on eBay
    breitbart.com ^

Someone Tries to Sell Belgium on eBay Sep 18 10:23 AM US/Eastern By PAUL AMES Associated Press Writer BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - Hidden among the porcelain fox hounds and Burberry tablecloths on sale at eBay.be this week was an unusual item: "For Sale: Belgium, a Kingdom in three parts ... free premium: the king and his court (costs not included)."

The odd ad was posted by one disgruntled Belgian in protest at his country's political crisis which reached a 100-day landmark Tuesday with no end in sight to the squabbling between Flemish and Walloon politicians.

"I wanted to attract attention," said Gerrit Six, the teacher and former journalist who posted the ad. "You almost have to throw rock through a window to get attention for Belgium."

Six placed the advertisement on Saturday, offering free delivery, but pointing out that the country was coming secondhand and that potential buyers would have to take on over $300 billion (euro220 billion) in national debt.

Like many of Belgium's 10 million citizens, Six is exasperated that the power struggle between the county's French- or Dutch-speaking political parties has left Belgium in political limbo since June 10 elections.

Demands for more autonomy from the Dutch-speaking Flemish are resisted by the French-speaking Walloons, making it impossible to form a government coalition and triggering concern the kingdom is on the verge of a breakup.

Six decided to vent his frustration through the Internet ad.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Belgium for sale.. on Ebay....

Now if I buy this "Belgium" place.... Do I have to keep the belgiums or can I replace them with People from Poland?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Well.....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

It's sadly funny, but with a point. Kind of like some things people do that do not cause disruption for others but brings attention. Obviously this fella is frustrated with his countries current inability to hash out internal issues.

Thanks

I went through my loose change and I can offer $1.23 for this "Belgium".... I will agree to keep the belgium people only if they learn to shower and begin to speak English.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Thanks

You don't have enough. Someone made a really LARGE offer of several million Euro.

Then they took it down to "avoid confusion". Ebay actually went along with the "gag" for awhile though.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Geez... I've read about Belgium and $1.23 is overly generous. This other fellow must be insane.
    Brian Baldwin

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Weeellll... $1.23 ain't bad. After all, they do have waffles!

Perhaps we can do a group buy!

Thread Information