Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Presidential Elections

Thanks

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Elections

Ryan hit the nail on the head.

But, they are VOTING for her because she's a woman. Blacks a re voting for Obama cuz he's black. I'm voting for McCain because he's White.. No, not really, because he's a REPUBLICAN (I had to do the white thing). lol

I'm looking at America and reading Bill Bennet's books on history. America has changed, but not much.

The same things existed long ago. They exist now Only the years are different people.

We won't have a civil war - but we will probably have some small riots.... tough shit. Let them riot.

Most of the rioters will die.

America won't stand for it

Wait til Sept when the Ron Paul crowd marches on DC. Let's see what happens then......
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Ryan hit the nail on the head.

But, they are VOTING for her because she's a woman. Blacks a re voting for Obama cuz he's black. I'm voting for McCain because he's White.. No, not really, because he's a REPUBLICAN (I had to do the white thing). lol

I'm looking at America and reading Bill Bennet's books on history. America has changed, but not much.

The same things existed long ago. They exist now Only the years are different people.

We won't have a civil war - but we will probably have some small riots.... tough shit. Let them riot.

Most of the rioters will die.

America won't stand for it

Wait til Sept when the Ron Paul crowd marches on DC. Let's see what happens then......
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Originally posted by Rick Donaldson:
    But, they are VOTING for her because she's a woman.
    I know that that is what it looks like. That is not what they wrote. And that is not the way it is. It is just the opposite. It is the democrats who went with men because they have (insert, no pun intended, here). That is how it went down. That is degrading and insulting and the response is to go with the team who honors a qualified woman. Like me, Palin sees this and that is why she went for the close of the sale right off asking those 18 million to vote McCain on November 4th. And the kicker is that this choice was perfect to pull in the evangelicals and middle class women, and then a hope of gaining those Hillary votes. So with Palin he gains from several areas. Again, it is only partially true that it is because she is a woman. It is not just because she is a woman. This is more a vote against the democratic party and Obama. I do not believe the democratic party can get them back, either, because as they say, "paybacks are a bitch."
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Banned
    Thanks

I don't know why John will not live through his first term. It's just a feeling. I do not believe that someone will make an attempt on his life.

If my "feeling" is wrong (and I hope that I am), then John's Presidency will be a one-term Presidency. In other words, he represents an interim Presidency until the Republicans can recapture Congress and put forward someone who will last two terms.

When it comes to experience:

Anyone worth his or her salt will surround themselves with knowledgeable people, whether it is the NCO or military officer, the small business owner or a CEO, the first-time teacher in the classroom or the Chancellor of a university. These people are chosen to give expertise, advice, and mentoring. The rise or fall of a President depends on whom he (or she) has chosen to surround him, and we have seen where some Presidents fell flat on their face and others were elevated to "godhood." The determination was based on the people assigned to advise and guide and the crises faced.

Listening to the two candidates:

It seems that we are being given the choice between "We need a change." and "I want to serve my country."

Obama did not choose a woman to be his VP; McCain did.

"Let's throw the baby out with the bathwater." and "Let's keep things the way they are."

"In ten years we will have new energy sources." "Drilling for more oil will help reduce our dependence on foreign oil."

"American idol" versus "A stuttering old man."

We humans prefer to look at life and issues only in black and white. We prefer to play chess using black and white pieces. It is unnerving when one color is red, for example. Somehow it just isn't right or the same. Padok (or Go) is traditionally played with blak and white stones. The Japanese version of chess are played with pieces of the same color: only their pointy part indicates which player controls them. Why? Because pieces are not only captured but put back into the game on the side of the captor.

Putting aside any comments on "gray" for the moment, I think American politics is more like the Japanese chess game. People are not really "red" or "blue." They shift with the political winds. Yesterday they were more "blue." Today they are more "red." Tomorrow
    is another story.

I had hoped that the American people had grown a lot smarter than to just listen to promises. I thought that we had progressed to a point where we demand a plan, where we can see a plan, where we can be a part of a plan. But it appears to me that we have not progressed much at all.

Imagine a CEO turning to one of his executives and getting a promise that a new market will open up and more revenue will be forthcoming. Without asking for a plan--at least an outline of strategy--the CEO pats his executive on the back and says: "Make it so." I doubt that any CEO worth his "whatever" is going to given a thumbs up to an idea that has no plan, no strategic planning, etc.

"In ten years . . . " How often have we heard these words to introduce a change, a plan of action, the panaceic solution to a problem. In ten years, the Congress will change five times. The Presidency may change twice. Unstable areas of the world will become stable, and those that are now stable will go through a period of instability. Mother Nature will upend the status quo. Thus, during those promised ten years, the promise without an actionable plan will be quietly buried.

A few intelligent or curious people will take the time to investigate the reality of a problem. Renewable energy is do-able now--at a cost. Drilling for more oil, according to whom you want to believe, will accomplish little in making a dent in America's consumption and dependence. But, interestingly enough, the high prices we have paid at the gas pump are now allowing more drilling to be done.

This is an example of how an issue becomes black and white. The hype we receive about how people are successfully using alternative energy sources equates to a "Isn't that neat! They are paving a brand new world that we should see in the next decade(s)." Crude oil is not just for putting gasoline or diesel into our vehicles. Crude oil gives us plastics and a cornucopia of day-to-day necessities.

I heard a story of how Rockerfeller (the first?) thwarted Ford (the "inventor" of the automobile) from using hemp to create fuel for cars. Rockerfeller wanted oil and managed to legislate both the banning of growing hemp and the dependence on oil. Well, hemp, the source of mariuana besides rope and such, is an outlawed weed. So, someone brilliant decided that we should use corn. The results? Higher food prices, higher liquor prices, and then--Mother Nature comes along and decides to wreak havoc on America's breadbasket. Amazing how food stocks rose to give someone a nice profit while the corn-based fuel was being touted as the panaceic solution to our gasoline problems.

Obama is not the first presidential candidate to be labeled as an "American Idol," although the term is being used because of the popular program. JFK was handsome, youthful, energetic compared to that sour old man Nixon. Clinton exuded sexual energy and vitality against a tired old sourpuss Bush. When it came to speech-making, JFK, Clinton, and now Obama are talking the talk: they don't talk like intellectuals standing in front of a classroom. They get the "people dancing in the streets--hip hop, man." Nixon, Bush Sr., and now McCain (although McCain does his best to be "hip" but not well) sound more and look more like those "old" professors we had in college.

Reagan was one of the few who managed to turn the tables for the Republicans. "Well, there you go again." was probably the most repeated line in America next to "Hail Marys" and "Our Fathers." And, it worked. Jimmy didn't stand a chance, looking bedraggled and defeated--touting the "status quo" as a standard to remaining in the White House.

[What pisses me off about American Idol is that it is catering only to "young" people. When I was a "young" person, I was told to go out and get experience and prove my mettle. Now that I am an "old" person, I am being told I have no worth. America only wants the eternal youth of hip hop and vitality. Forget about the "old" guys because they are "stuck in the mud." I could not apply for one writing job because--and get this, because it was written in the job requirements--we don't want "old" guys because they cannot come up with new and innovative ideas.]

There is another "sticky" with American politics that I don't care for. We nominate a Presidential candidate, but we the people do not have a choice in who the VP will be. Nixon resigns but now before Agnew had to resign first. Then Nixon picks Ford. Did we have a say in who he could pick? Then Ford becomes President, and he picks Rockerfeller. For the first time in our history, we have a President and a Vice President that were not chosen by the electorate.

Additionally, we are voting for a ticket. But when the President takes office, he handpicks the people who will be his advisors and mentors. Do we the people have an inkling as to who is going to help the President run our nation and lead the Free World? Nope. Would it not be better if each candidate would actually give the American people a real ticket? When we go to a concert, we are not just interested in the main performer: we like to know who is going to precede them, too. We the people have a right to know who is going to comprise the Cabinet before we make a choice.

And lastly, for now, the Electoral College. Is it right that California, New York, and Texas should elect the President of the United States? Only in the last few elections has a state like Florida become crucial in electing a President. Is it right that the smaller states, who may vote unanimously for one candidate, be denied their representation because a slim majority in the larger states won the entire state when they voted for the "other guy"? The Democratic process of determining who the candidate(s) would be was quite interesting. I liked the percentage idea; hated the caucus idea, because that put too much power in the hands of the Democratic elite.

Banned
    Thanks

The following is purely tongue-in-cheek. No politicians were hurt by this pure exploitation of the "weird."

Obama is of Kenyan descent. No one seems to care if it is true. After all, "everyone" is praying that Arnold Schwarznegger becomes President one day, and he is only a naturalized citizen and serving as Governor of California. Whether he makes a better governor or an actor will be decided by future generations.

McCain was a prisoner of war and held by the North Vietnamese for five and a half years. Is no one talking about the Mancherian Candidate? How do we know that subconcious implants through North Vietnamese brainwashing will not surface when he becomes President?

End of the farcical political comment.

Banned
    Thanks

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?
    Because her father is Janet Reno."

A joke John McCain said publicly and hidden by the Washington Post, New York Times and Los Angeles Times. He told this joke before June 25, 1998 and had to apologize to then President Clinton. [http://www.salon.com/news/1998/06/25newsb.html]

Thanks

I had hoped that the American people had grown a lot smarter than to just listen to promises
    - you ok there wallis?

I agree with Ryan's train of thought about the fickle uneducated careless voter, but I doubt Palin will draw votes due to her lack of balls??

She may be a great leader- and America does need that. Vagina is a place for sheathing swords, and it will be interesting to see how well she receives the lances and sorties. I didn't like her 1st speech but that- and even the (vice) presidency-doesn't matter so much. After all- it is not such a big deal an important job.

Her Brady Bunch-My Three Sons- appeal will wear off, as well as "being a girl". If I don't underestimate her- just being herself may finally provoke Americans to get educated, be ordinary, perform their daily duties properly. I sure hope I'm not wrong when I will be hoping that the American public will get smart, get saved, realize they've been gramschized and start reengineering their souls.

Bush said the pick was exciting, but that will wear off. It's imaginative. Intriguing??
    What if she gets pregnant. A pre-menopausal pregnant woman a heartbeat away from the White House or the button. If the vote was 2morrow, and there were 4 choices- Obama/Biden/McCain/Palin- who knows- in a few months- things will change.

http://www.financialsense.com/stormw...2008/0801.html

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Banned
    Thanks

Am I okay, Samizdat? Don't know. (he-he-he) Usually the people who think they are sane are the crazy ones. And, I know that I'm crazy!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wallis View Post
    "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?
    Because her father is Janet Reno."

A joke John McCain said publicly and hidden by the Washington Post, New York Times and Los Angeles Times. He told this joke before June 25, 1998 and had to apologize to then President Clinton. [http://www.salon.com/news/1998/06/25newsb.html]
    Nah... Her real father is Web Hubble.

Thanks

just trying to get your attention there wallis. What happens if Obama resigns or is disqualified, assasinated before the elections? An emergency delegate convention, no? Perhaps pstponement of elections for a few weeks. Perhaps a bit of electoral delegate fixing? Hilary-Biden v - what's your opinion? I know crazy people are busy, but whats the short answer?

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Thanks

Palin seems like a true American with good family values. I think she will help the Republican Party and America. I am a Republican and glad to see McCain chose a person with a good solid sense of what it means to be an American and not just a politician. I prefer Men in power but Ms Palin is just fine by me.

Go McCain / Palin..

Banned
    Thanks

Is it not amazing that, so far, no American candidate has been assassinated? [Knock on wood]

Short answer? The Big Bosses that control the Democratic party will meet and put forth Hillary Clinton.

Banned
    Thanks

I have been surfing other sites for opinions on Ms. Palin. There is quite a lot of "dirt" on this lady. If true, it would finally make Sean Hannity blush (as if he hasn't made a big fool of himself already). I've E-mailed the gentleman several times: he doesn't wish to respond personally, but I have noticed that he apparently took a couple of hints from me. Just not enough.

Quotes from another blog:

Its not just pro-life... she is an evengelical nutcase. Pushing for teaching creationism in public schools... and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Palin is weak on credentials. The more I hear the more it sounds like a stupid pandering choice. Randy Rhodes was slinging her for her anti-choice stance, also stated that she barely won the Guv seat... Hannity is gushing all over her (I thought I her him oiling up little Sean) and pumping her up bigger than life. The reality is somewhere in the middle and not that impressive.

Doesn't she represent everything feminist liberals of the Democrat part want???? Or maybe she's too tough - a HS athletic star, beauty queen, she hunts, a lifetime NRA member and she eats moose and deer.
    Personally I don't like her pro-life stance.....

Gov. Sarah Palin was for the infamous "Bridge to Nowhere" before she was against it, a change of position the GOP vice presidential running mate ignored Saturday when she bragged about telling Congress "thanks but no thanks" to the pork barrel project. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/...BQP6F.hxVh24cA

Yesterday, the nation at large was introduced to Sarah Palin's fraudulent claims of maternity by numerous photographs, video, and a timeline that made even those accepting of the 'official' story turn their heads in confusion.
    The revelation that had been whispered among the Alaskan legislature was explosive. Sarah Palin is not the mother of Trig Palin. Her daughter is the mother. Scarce if any refutations to the contrary have come forward, and now damning incidents and evidence has come to light.
    Mothers of the world have reeled back in disgust and horror at Sarah's dangerous and possibly fatal story of flying 4000 miles even as she was supposedly in the process of entering labor a month early. Sarah needs to honestly answer for her lies, promptly. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8...319/386/581332

Thanks

@ Backstop
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Palin is weak on credentials.
    If Palin is "weak on credentials," that makes the Obaminator without.

Thanks

There's a difference between dirt and bs, wallis. She wants creationism taught in schools according to reports. If it was up to left-wingers, any voice besides a communist one would be silenced. And they have been working on that, as is part of their agenda. This is America and she can have that view because she lives here. Some people might not like it and they are free to feel that way. It was never a secret, therefore, it is not dirt.

The bridge to nowhere, like other things, may be tempting at first, but when one decides that it is not the best thing and changes his or her mind, that person should be commended. Let her record of vetoes speak for her. She has more executive experience than Obama and Biden put together. If this is all they've got, they've got a lot of nothing.

And wallis, thank you for introducing me to Daily KOS. I've never been on that site before and now I do see why. That site, if the rest of the forums are like that, is right up there with the fantastic tales from the National Enquirer. 16 year-old Bristol had this baby with down's syndrome. Look at these photos, Palin is not pregnant, look at these photos, Bristol is. Good grief, that's slander. I've had 6 pregnancies myself, and I still have an hourglass shape. After my 3rd daughter was born, I put on the same pair of jeans that I'd had on before I became pregnant. While I was pregnant and 28 I was whistled at by passing cars. During my 5th pregnancy, there were ultasounds and an inspection by the government to make sure I had food in my cupboards because I was so small. In my last pregnancy, I carried twins. I knew I was pregnant and carrying twins from the time I missed my period because I felt the difference in the heaviness, but prenatal care did not prove me correct until I was 4 months along because I looked "typically" pregnant, not at all huge. Ha, you've given me bragging liberty here. There are 20 years between my first born and I. When we worked together and I was pregnant with his brother, our co-workers initially suspected that he and I were a couple and that I carried his baby because I look so young, so good. lol There is a whole lot to be said for living a healthy lifestyle without being a drug user and/or having an alcohol addiction. The photos say nothing. Let's see the birth certificate, and with nothing to hide, Palin doesn't need to have people do any photoshop bs. I'm sending her and Fox news the links. I hope Sarah Baraccuda can sue dailykos.

There is a lot of emotional accepting and dealing along with preparation that one goes through while carrying a baby diagnosed with down's. I know. I lived it. One of my twins had down's. With the pressure I went through at the hands of medical professionals even during labor! even at the time of birth! for me to abort him; and then hospital ethics meetings to convince me it was okay to opt for the legal option in America to help him die after he was born for several months following is the absolute truth of what I had to endure and try to have faith and probe authorities for facts to determine what the best thing actually was for my helpless little son in need of numerous operations and was on a resperator. Again, this woman doesn't just talk, but she walks the walk and loves her child for the blessing that he is. I am particularly disgusted with anyone who targets children with special needs. If this is the area where the left wants to play, they will lose. Those of us who have the interests of the children at heart will be extremely vocal about this and expose pro-death people for who they really are.

Thanks

Quotes from another blog:

Its not just pro-life... she is an evengelical nutcase. Pushing for teaching creationism in public schools... and that is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Incorrect. Read here.
    In an interview Thursday, Palin said she meant only to say that discussion of alternative views should be allowed to arise in Alaska classrooms:

"I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class. It doesn't have to be part of the curriculum."

She added that, if elected, she would not push the state Board of Education to add such creation-based alternatives to the state's required curriculum.

Members of the state school board, which sets minimum requirements, are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Legislature.

"I won't have religion as a litmus test, or anybody's personal opinion on evolution or creationism," Palin said.
    All she has stated is that it should not be prohibited. Frankly, I agree. I've got no problem exposing children to alternative points of view. After all, if that line is good enough for libs to push sex ed on 3rd graders, it should be good enough to teach something that almost every single religion teaches (not just limited to Christians).

Palin is weak on credentials. The more I hear the more it sounds like a stupid pandering choice. Randy Rhodes was slinging her for her anti-choice stance, also stated that she barely won the Guv seat... Hannity is gushing all over her (I thought I her him oiling up little Sean) and pumping her up bigger than life. The reality is somewhere in the middle and not that impressive.
    Palin is not short on credentials.
    • Palin has 16 years of Executive Experience.
    • Palin is in charge of a the 32nd largest budget in the USA and one larger than most foreign nations.
    • Palin has foreign policy experience dealing with Russia over territorial fishing rights and Canada on a number of transporation issues.
    • Palin has been in command of the Alaskan Guard and Obama and Biden have never been in any military position outside of their committee meeting neither chaired.
    • Palin has more than enough experience. She has established herself as a leader and a rising star in the Republican Party.

Personally I don't like her pro-life stance.....
    I know I do. After all, if someone doesn't have compassion for the most helpless and innocent, how can I expect them to treat me?

Gov. Sarah Palin was for the infamous "Bridge to Nowhere" before she was against it, a change of position the GOP vice presidential running mate ignored Saturday when she bragged about telling Congress "thanks but no thanks" to the pork barrel project. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/...BQP6F.hxVh24cA
    From that link:
    "If our state wanted a bridge, I said we'd build it ourselves," she said.
    And that's exactly how things were playing out.
    She didn't talk that way when she was running for governor. The Anchorage Daily News quoted her on Oct. 22, 2006, as saying yes, she would continue state funding for the bridge because she wanted swift action on infrastructure projects. "The window is now while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist," she said.
    It says that she wasn't pushing for money solely for the bridge, it said she was pushing for money for infrastructure in general. A position that makes a ton of sense as Alaska has TONS of natural resources to exploit. Without adequate infrastructure, that is extremely difficult to do.

Despicable leftist kookery from DailyKos and DU redacted.
    The simple fact is that it is EXTREMELY rare for someone as young as her daughter to give birth to a Down's syndrome baby. Down's syndrome is most commonly seen in women 40+ giving birth. Gee, guess how old Mrs. Palin is...

And on top of that, plenty of people saw Mrs. Palin in a state of pregnancy. Here is one average, unknown person who happened to run across Mrs. Palin when at the Anchorage airport - 27 April 2008, Sunday -- Meeting the Governor on a Commercial Flight:
    Of course I had to check out the "Hottest Governor in the US" and quickly turned to see her pregnant (she has since had her baby) with bags and daughter in tote. Then it struck me as odd. Why is the Governor of Alaska in the airport and preparing to get onto my commercial flight?

I questioned PolarTRECer Craig Kasemodel an Alaskan resident. He let me know that Governor Palin sold the corporate jet after securing her official Governor position.

Thanks

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09...y4404184.shtml

September 1, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Palin’s Daughter Pregnant

Posted by Vaughn Ververs| 87

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has announced that her 17-year-old daughter is five months pregnan. The announcement is “intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child,” says the Reuters news service, which carried the first report.

In a statement, the Palin family says that Bristol Palin is “about five months pregnant” and that she intends to marry the father. “We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us," the Palins said in the statement. "Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support.”

The Palin family asked the media to “respect our daughter” and her privacy. According to the Reuters report, John McCain’s campaign was aware of the pregnancy when the Arizona senator selected Palin to be his running mate last week.

Update: The following is the full Palin statement as released by the McCain campaign:

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us. Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support."

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."

Thanks

Well, according to the Dems, it is "just sex" and "none of our business what gets done in the bedroom". After all, that's what they all said about Bill Clinton.

Plus, one can't necessarily expect the children to share the same politics as the parents. Just look at Ron Reagan or Dick Cheney's kid who is a lesbian.

Thread Information