Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Presidential Elections

Thanks

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Elections

Admit it, Wallis, you don't like women. Neither does Segestan who'd "prefer men in charge".

LOL

Don't be losers guys. come to the "Dark Side" with the rest of us.......
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

We have cookies!

Thanks

Originally posted by Ryan Ruck:
    Well, according to the Dems, it is "just sex" and "none of our business what gets done in the bedroom". After all, that's what they all said about Bill Clinton.
    From what I understand those of us who are conservatives, especially uptight Christians, don't like sex or are sex haters or something along those lines. It doesn't look like the Palins have that problem. We get babies to love, and well, I guess some of them dems get the souveiner cigars. lol

By the way, heed his word, the almighty savior of the American people said that personal issues don't belong in the political arena.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Admit it, Wallis, you don't like women. Neither does Segestan who'd "prefer men in charge".

LOL

Please don't make rash statements Rick. I said... Prefer..that's not to imply I have a dislike. In fact I said she was fine by me.

Thanks

Was watching FOX and several pundit's were noting GOP insider's are pissed and complaining about Palin coming out of nowhere, not being vetted through them, that others were "ahead of her in line with their dues paid." LOL

GOP still hasn't gotten the message. I think McCain made the right choice if he's pissing off the GOP good 'ol boys club.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbhYQLrqp0

PUMAs for Palin: Clinton's 18 Million PUMA Democrats Support McCain-Palin

Ratings disabled

Views: 17,684
    watch in standard quality watch in high quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbhYQLrqp0
    Last edited by Aplomb; September 1st, 2008 at 22:36. Reason: recording history :)
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Banned
    Thanks

Aplomb, expected your answer on Daily Kos. Even O'Reilly's guests said that this site should not be completely dismissed. There might be one or two points in this site that might be worth noticing.

Ryan, please not that I was quoting other opinions. At present, I have no opinions. I am just depressed at another election that gives the American people no choice whatsoever that will help them.

Banned
    Thanks

I like women. I have even worked for a few women. But just like the men bosses I've had, you have to take the "good" with the "bad." I'm just glad I have the wife I have now. She makes a good boss.

Just read this from another blog: (rather disturbing if most of it's true)

You may have heard this story before. It bears repeating again and again in light of his recent choice of Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska to be his Vice Presidential running mate, after having only met her one time before. Obviously, women are just a necessary convenience for him. One woman is just as good as another. May the best woman to advance his personal career win.

Carol McCain

McCain likes to illustrate his moral fiber by referring to his five years as a prisoner-of-war in Vietnam . And to demonstrate his commitment to family values, the 71-year- old former US Navy pilot pays warm tribute to his beautiful blonde wife, Cindy, with whom he has four children. But there is another Mrs. McCain who casts a ghostly shadow over the Senator's presidential campaign. She is seldom seen and rarely written about, despite being mother to McCain's three eldest children.

She was the woman McCain dreamed of during his long incarceration and torture in Vietnam 's infamous 'Hanoi Hilton' prison and th e woman who faithfully stayed at home looking after the children and waiting anxiously for news. But when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a teleg raph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969.

Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.

When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall, willowy figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter. Today, she stands at just 5' 4' in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screw s and metal plates and, at 70, her face is worn by wrinkles that speak of decades of silent suffering.

For nearly 30 years, Carol has maintained a dignified silence about the accident, McCain and their divorce. But last week at the bungalow where she now lives at Virginia Beach, a faded seaside resort 200 miles south of Washington, she told The Mail on Sunday how McCain divorced her in 1980 and married Cindy, 1 8 years his junior and the heir to an Arizona brewing fortune, just one month later.

My marriage ended because John McCain didn't want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.'

In 1979 - while still married to Carol - he met Cindy at a cocktail party in Hawaii . Over the next six months he pursued her, flying around the country to see her. Then he began to push to end his marriage. Some of McCain's acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politi cian as a self-centered womanizer who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to 'play the field'. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.

Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans' rights, said: 'I have been following John McCain's career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is - deceit.'

When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it. Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.'

McCain is the classic opportunist. He's always reaching for attention and glory,' he said. After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona . And the rest is history.'

Ross Perot, a billionaire Texas businessman, and a former presidential candidate, who paid her medical bills all those years ago, now believes that both Carol McCain and the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel - even by the standards of modern politics.

I followed this up with a trip to this site: http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcaindiv.htm

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't think you were. In the future though, you may want to make use of the [ QUOTE ] tags to eliminate any confusion.

Banned
    Thanks

Noted, Ryan, and thanks.

Looks like more bad news on Ms. Palin: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26501863

I am betting that she will be replaced shortly.

Is this better than daytime soap opera?

Thanks

Kinda ties into what I said in post #305.

It's good to get everything up and out right now to be dismissed. 3 months from now it'll be old history no one cares about anymore.

Thanks

Originally posted by wallis:
    This whole election has been great! Does anybody remember another time when things have been so interesting and exciting and riveting? And then to have a female heroine enter the scene to save the day. Who wrote this non-fiction? Chuckle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Segestan View Post
    Please don't make rash statements Rick. I said... Prefer..that's not to imply I have a dislike. In fact I said she was fine by me.

First... I was being funny, but since you bring it up.. I guess I will re-examine my statement, as well as yours.

No, I wasn't making a rash statement. You did.

OBVIOUSLY you're a woman hater.

It's quite obvious from your crack about "preferring men in charge".

Just what kind of an attitude is that?

Women in history have shown themselves to be great leaders too, when they are "allowed to be" by men.

Give me a break with your attitude.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wallis View Post
    Noted, Ryan, and thanks.

Looks like more bad news on Ms. Palin: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26501863

I am betting that she will be replaced shortly.

This site is not a gossip site. Period. I will NOT condone you people putting bad things up about Palin. In particular, let me be VERY CLEAR here and now....

This is a CONSERVATIVE SITE. If you don't like that, take a hike and do it today.

Don't comment, just leave.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Since the election isn't going the way the Left wanted it to go, people are showing up here and ..... causing issues.

I suggest you go to the Democratic Underground instead of hanging here. Because, I really don't want to ban anyone, but I won't hesitate...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I have one more thing to say on this topic....

My above comments were meant exactly as I stated them.

What I am getting at, just to clarify my position on this... we're not a gossip site, we're not "looking for dirt" and "opinion".

We're looking for FACTS. If you have articles about the candidates that's great, post them. I could care less what the Left thinks about Palin, McCain, or the Right thinks about Obama.

I care about what is REPORTED. FACTS. Evidence. REAL information.

That Palin's daughter is pregnant isn't important to me in terms of her doing her job as Vice President.

That she is either religious or not, is not important. That she's fought corruption in the government IS. Those are facts, but some of them don't affect my voting stance.

That Obama might have been brought up a Muslim isn't as important to me as whether or not he was brought up as fanatic. I don't consider people who follow Islam to be bad people, any more than I consider Christians or Jews, or Buddhists to be bad people.

I consider FANATICS to be CRAZY, BAD PEOPLE. So those that strap bombs to their bodies and scream "Allah A'kabar" as they run into a crowded market place and kill as many as they can bring bad on others. They are bad people. If Obama was brought up that way, I'd consider him a bad man.

When I see people "looking for dirt", "seeking opinions" it's clearly obvious they have not actually taken the time themselves to read FACTS and form their OWN opinion.

So, Wallis, et al, my suggestion is that if you're going to seek others' advice that you do so through sources that have facts rather than places like Daily Kos and others who haven't a clue.......
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Leftists irritated by Palin
    YNet ^ | Sept. 2, 2008 | Sever Plocker

VP candidate’s inexperience calls attention to the fact that Obama is no better

Published: 09.02.08, 12:02 / Israel Opinion

A distinguished group of Israeli lecturers and their colleagues at US universities sent me an email against “McCain’s dangerous choice.” They were referring to Sarah Palin, Alaska’s governor, who McCain chose as his running mate. The email is being distributed online by followers of the MoveOn movement, a leftist American intellectual organization whose attitude to Israel is rather hostile.

Palin’s candidacy has irritated many among the American leftist camp, and they have been responding like a child who has seen an expensive toy being taken away from him (the toy in question being “change.”) Yet the response is understandable. By choosing Palin, McCain exposed the deep fundamental problems associated with Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

The 44-year-old Palin lacks military experience? True, as Alaska’s governor she oversees merely thousands of National Guard members. However, the 47-year-old Obama, who wants to become America’s next president, doesn’t even have this kind of experience. He’s got nothing.

Palin has no civil administration experience? True, she served as the mayor of a northern town and later governed a state that is home to 700,000 residents. However, Obama has not governed anything thus far and hasn’t managed any organization. He studied, toured, engaged in social activism and politics, and in 2005 was sworn in as a senator. He never had to execute administrative decisions, not even at Palin’s level.

Palin has uncompromising opinions? Indeed, her views are highly conservative. But at least she has some opinions. Barack Obama barely has any, if we consider his public appearances. He makes do with general statements that are well uttered, but even his fans will find it difficult to identify a clear commitment to practical steps. Most of is it just words.

I advise those who sent me the email against McCain’s choice for vice president to read Obama’s latest speech at the stadium. Isn’t it ridiculous? Isn’t it embarrassing? No media outlet in Israel would agree to publish it.

Palin can learn

Palin is ignorant when it comes to foreign affairs? Certainly. She knows very little about global politics. But Obama was like that too when he joined Senate. He learned fast; so can she.

Palin is suspected of sympathizing with an anti-Israeli figure? Perhaps. About 10 years ago she was photographed next to Pat Buchanan, a member of the American Right’s anti-Israeli margins. However, Obama said that his spiritual father for dozens of years was Jeremiah Wright from Chicago, known for his anti-Israeli and anti-Jewish sermons.

Palin was nominated just because she’s a woman? No doubt about that. However, had Obama been completely white, he would have no chance of being the Democratic Party’s presidential candidate.

All of the above does not indicate that Sarah Palin is better than Barack Obama: On the contrary, her conservative views are intolerable in my view. Had I been an American citizen, I would not vote for the McCain-Palin ticket. However, I don’t forget where Bill Clinton came from and what he did before being chosen as the Democratic Party’s presidential candidate in 1992: He was a young and charismatic governor of a small and poor state, Arkansas.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

ROTFLMAO! Sure you can say what you want to say if it's not historically accurate (because, quite simply it hasn't happened.... duh)

CBS's Greenfield: Conservative Might Have Been Hypocrites on Pregnant Chelsea Clinton
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...regnant-chelse ^
    Instead of just flat-out making a hypocrisy accusation against “the social conservatives” who “are rallying behind” Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin following news her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, CBS's Jeff Greenfield suggested “very conservative Republicans” may be hypocrites based on how they might have reacted eleven years ago. On Monday's CBS Evening News, Greenfield, at the site of the delayed Republican convention, felt compelled to share:

The one question that occurs to me is if 17-year-old Chelsea Clinton had become pregnant while living in the White House, would the reaction on the part of the Family Research Council and other very conservative Republicans been the same? Maybe it would have been, but it's a question worth asking.

Meanwhile, during the CBS News special at 10 PM EDT, Katie Couric whined to Nicolle Wallace of the McCain campaign: “Why wasn't the campaign, your campaign more pro-active about releasing this information? Why did you wait until sort of rumors and innuendos forced your hand?” Couric implied Bristol Palin's pregnancy should have disqualified her mother and suggested Sarah Palin was not putting her daughter's interests first.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

‘Sarah Palin is a Christian, and Christians support Israel’

Posted on September 02, 2008

By Israel Today Staff

An online video interview with Alaska Governor and Republican vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin that is currently making the rounds appears to put to rest liberal rumors that she is no friend of Israel.

In the interview with Alaska HDTV, an Israeli flag is clearly seen hanging near the window of Palin’s office, and the governor even appears to be wearing an Israeli flag lapel pin.

Israel National News blogger Tamar Yonah points out that these appearances by the Israeli flag are made more significant by the fact that the video “was not made by a Jewish organization, nor is [Palin] speaking before a Jewish audience or catering to any Jewish vote.”

Hawaii’s Jewish governor, Linda Lingle, said in an interview with Ha’aretz that she would not be surprised to learn that Palin is a staunch supporter of the Jewish state since her Alaska counterpart is “a very religious person, and the religious Christians are the greatest supporters of Israel.”

When Palin was first announced as Republican presidential candidate John McCain’s running mate last week, Florida Representative Robert Wexler (D), who is one of the more vocal attack dogs for the campaign of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, tried to draw a link between Palin and former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan.

According to Wexler, in 1999 Palin openly supported the presidential bid by Buchanan, who has expressed positions bordering on anti-Semitic and has been accused of being a Nazi sympathizer.

Palin herself deflated those claims by pointing out that she was official for the 2000 presidential campaign of Steve Forbes, and only wore a Buchanan pin on single occasion as a courtesy when Buchanan visited Wasilla, Alaska, where Palin was mayor at the time.

But that didn’t stop Wexler, who insists that Palin’s nomination is a “direct affront to all Jewish Americans.”

Republican Jewish Coalition executive director Matt Brooks was left with the opposite impression, telling Politico.com in an email on Tuesday that the fact Palin keeps an Israeli flag on the wall of her office “clearly shows what’s in her heart.”
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Originally posted by Rick Donaldson:
    Since the election isn't going the way the Left wanted it to go, people are showing up here and ..... causing issues.
    What I've noticed about the behavior of the left is this. They want to silence the conservative view by telling you to shut up. Then when you don't, they start making some noise, trying to counter the views by comparing the faults and failings of those with conservative views to themselves as if to try to justify their views and/or lifestyles by calling you a hypocrite; and expect that as a natural result, you will then shut up because you are embarrassed or ashamed about something. And who isn't guilty of some stupid thing sometime in their life? If that doesn't shut you up, they get louder than you, while you are stating facts, they are emotionally digging up dirt particles and furiously throwing it all around. Perhaps the abundance of the gossip will rattle you enough to shut you up. Then, if you still don't shut up, they get more and more active in their efforts to get you to shut up, even if it takes violence to make that happen. Take for instance the example of current RNC violence and destruction by anti-American and anti-war (lol) protesters. Interesting. To take it to the next level, peace would supposedly exist in the middle east if we would just get rid of Israel because her neighbors hate Jews. Right?

If we all could just learn to shut up, and let the left take the country and turn it into the utopian place that they want it to be we will all get along, not just here but with the whole world...we will all have the government meeting our need for food and health care as determined by the leaders...doesn't that sound wonderful. Peace at the cost of our freedom and security. No thanks, wallis. If I wanted to live in a country where I couldn't believe in my religion or say what I want to w/o the fear of being silenced by death, if I wanted to have a government where (some joke) everyone is equal in their status throughout the land, I would move to Russia. I am asking you why you are siding with and being the voice here for the left, anyway?

Thread Information