Thread: Pakistan troubles

Thanks

Default Pakistan troubles

I have been watching the events unfold in Pakistan. I have a bad feeling about this. We have been backing Musharraf but I am wondering how much longer he will be in power. I have a problem with us backing a leader who does not seem to have control over his country. Aka the Afgan/Pakistan border. Of course the same could be said of the US/Mexican border I suppose. I was somewhat surprised to read that President Bush told Musharraf that he should resign from the head of the military because " you cannot be President and leader of the army" Statement didn't make sense to me, I thought that was the same as Commander-In Chief?
    My point of view is that we may see a mushroom cloud in Pakistan before the end of the year.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Default Re: Pakistan troubles

I was surprised he said that too, and in fact, I said, "What are you talking about, Mr. President. You're both!"

He didn't respond because he was on TV. haha

But, I suspect that this is a Constitution thing in Pakistan, rather than what Bush actually said.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Pakistan troubles

First ever Russian-Pakistani joint military drills kick off in Cherat

Russia's 28th mountain brigade arrive in Pakistan for exercises

Russia conveys India there is no change in Russia – Pakistan joint military exercise Дружба-2016

Categories:Featured, News

Russia conveys India there is no change in Pak-Russia joint military exercise Дружба-2016

Moscow, Pakistan: There is no change in the schedule of the first-ever Pak-Russia military exercises namely “Дружба-2016”.

Over 100 Russian servicemen of the Southern Military District will join exercises to be held from September 24 and continue till October 7, said diplomatic and military sources.

It may be noted that the Indian External Affairs Ministry sent a letter to Foreign Ministry of Russia asking Kremlin to refrain from holding military exercises with Pakistan.

Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh postponed his visit to Russia that was schedule on September 18. However, India said that visit had been postponed due to an attack on an Indian army base in Uri— a brigade command housing place in Indian held Jammu and Kashmir.

According to diplomatic sources “Дружба-2016” will take place as per schedule and Russia has conveyed this to India that “Дружба-2016” cannot be postponed. Remember that India is arch rival of Pakistan and both nuclear countries had gone in war in past.

Sources within military establishment indicate that relations between Russia and Pakistan are important for regional security referring to situation in Afghanistan and the head of the General Staff of Russia Valery Gerasimov while a meeting with his Pakistani counterpart in August confirmed that Russia wanted (wants) a long term, stable and reliable military relations with Pakistan.

It may be mentioned that a component of CCN News known as CNN NEWS18 (formerly known as CNN IBN) ran a story that Russia had postponed military exercises with Pakistan after an attack on an Indian establishment in Indian held Kashmir. TV18 collaborates with CNN International entered India by partnering with TV18 to launch an English-language news channel in 2005.

It is pertinent to mention that Pakistan and Russia will conduct the “Дружба-2016” (Druzhba-2016) from September 24-October 7.

Moscow gives a special attention to Pakistan since Cold-war allay India is drifting towards United States and Pakistan is drifting towards Russia with the silent approval of China. Pakistan, China and Russia are forming an unannounced strategic bloc and the visit of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the armed forces of Pakistan, General Rashad Mahmood to Moscow in August was very significant while Pakistan is regularly attending war games and war exhibitions in Russia. Both countries are aligned for comprehensive expansion of relations, including in the field of defense.

The defense ministries of Russia and Pakistan are busy in executing a rich program of joint activities of military cooperation including in the field of military training.

Pakistan and Russia started become closer in military relations since year 2005 and the visit of the head of the Russian Defense Ministry General Sergei Shoigu to Islamabad in year 2014 turned out to be a breakthrough in relations between the defense ministries of the two countries and their armed forces.

http://www.dnd.com.pk/russia-conveys...B0-2016/116939

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information