Thread: Obama

Thanks

Default Obama

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1950127/posts

Colin Powell Praises Obama on Eve of New Hampshire Primary.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell praised Barack Obama on the eve of the New Hampshire primary, crediting the Illinois Senator for breaking barriers while running as "an American man" who can represent the entire nation. In an interview with PBS host Tavis Smiley, Powell said he was "taking joy" in Obama's rise and he said citizens across the country can "enjoy this moment where a person like Barack Obama can knock down all of these old barriers that people thought existed with respect to the opportunities that are available to African Americans."
    Powell, the first black person to serve as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, National Security Advisor, and Secretary of State, also firmly rebutted the idea that reporters or voters should assess whether a candidate is white or black "enough." This argument about him not being black enough, that's just absolute nonsense. He is putting himself forward not as a black man but as an American man who wants to be president of the United States of America. We should see Barack as a candidate for president who happens to be black, and not a black candidate for president.
    I find this interesting because Powell was always a supporter of the republican party. I was just telling my father the other day that if Powell were to throw his support in with Huckabee or McCain then we'd likely see them win the nomination. Much of the nation highly respects this man and I doubt anyone disagrees that he could have had a good chance at being the President had he ran. I was surprised to see him back Obama though. I know he left Bush in a none too happy mindset but he really must be upset.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Obama

I would predict that we're going to have a Democrat in the White House, and I think it's going to be Obama. Hillary is lookin' bad, from any perspective.

I don't see a strong conservative winning the next few primaries, and the votes will be split.

I DON'T see Fred or Duncan getting up on top just because people aren't willing to look at them. (They want someone who LOOKS good... duh)

Finally I believe a lot of us would rather see a Democrat in the White House when the country is being destroyed. That way you can blame the Left.

So, I predict that Obama is going to take the Dem nomination, and unless Fred or Hunter goes against him, Obama wins it.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

As messed up as that is, I agree. I too believe right now with the current situation, that Obama is going to be the next president. But it could have been much worse. At least Obama means well. The other Dems are purposely trying to destroy the nation.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Boy, have we got some pessimists here!

I can honestly say that I am not surprised that Powell has thrown his support behind Obama. Powell was always a very wishy-washy Republican. Note, I said Republican. I have never made the mistake of confusing him for a Conservative.

As for getting a Dem president... I think there is a good chance for Obama to get the Dem nod. Especially with the way he has steamrolled the primary votes so far. Early polling indicated Hillary had very high negatives and it looks like those polls were correct. Now, here's the important part. I don't think Obama has a snowball's chance in hell of getting the presidency.

First of all, this guy is about as deep as a rain puddle. In my opinion, even the lightest weight of the "top" Republican candidates (i.e. Romney, Huckabee) would have no problem handing Obama his lunch. Obama has NO history save for a couple years as a newbie senator and a few years as an Illinois state senator. This guy has virtually NO political history (in terms of Presidential candidates that is). Then on top of that, there is indeed a lot of race based distrust.

At least that is my take on it.

Thanks

Hilary and Osaana had a heated debate about who was a better skull crusher.
    They both had 100% ratings for not 1st term, but live abortion. Why do people vote for Leninists?

Following her crushing defeat in Iowa, Hillary Clinton has decided to attack Barack Obama on different ground: she is claiming that he is not as committed to abortion as she is, hoping to cast doubt that Obama is pro-abortion enough to make an acceptable Democratic president.

In a recent mailing to voters in New Hampshire, Hillary criticizes Obama for voting "present" instead of in favor of pro-abortion legislature on seven occasions. The mailer claims Clinton is a person who will "stand up for women's right to choose."

Obama has received a rating of 100% from Planned Parenthood, based on his voting record as an Illinois senator.
    http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2008/jan/08010702.html

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

Pollsters Flummoxed by N.H. Primary

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 3:31 PM

Hillary Clinton's victory in New Hampshire's Democratic presidential nominating contest confounded pollsters, who found themselves trying to explain how opinion polls got it so wrong.

Chastened experts said on Wednesday they would have to closely analyze their forecasts against the results of the New Hampshire primaries to learn why they were so right about resurgent John McCain's win on the Republican side but so wrong about Clinton's win among the Democrats.

Ahead of Tuesday's vote in New Hampshire, an early battleground in the state-by-state process to choose candidates for November's election, pollsters had widely predicted Illinois Sen. Barack Obama would beat Clinton in the Democrats' contest, with many foreseeing a double-digit margin.

In the event, the New York senator and former first lady beat Obama, edging him out by under 3 percentage points.

In an era of instant analysis, everybody had a theory on why the polls got it wrong -- from the humanizing effect of Clinton's teary eyes while campaigning on Monday to the suspicion that New Hampshire voters get a perverse satisfaction from doing the opposite of Iowa voters.

"It's really a case study in the limits of momentum," said University of New Hampshire political analyst Dante Scala, commenting on pollsters' predictions that Obama would keep surging after a decisive win in the Iowa vote last week.

In New Hampshire, large numbers of voters decide late, a trend even more pronounced this year because the Democrats liked all their choices, said University of New Hampshire political scientist Andrew Smith.

And since many surveys either stopped 24 to 36 hours before New Hampshire started voting, or rolled three days of data into one final average, they couldn't pick up or reflect the late pro-Clinton trends.

Women came out in large numbers for the former first lady, and she did particularly well among those 65 and older, winning 48 percent of their vote in the Democratic contest.

"Clinton did very well among women," Smith said. "And the late deciders broke for Hillary."

John Zogby, who does the Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll, said the 18 percent of New Hampshire voters who reported making up their minds on Tuesday "is just an unprecedented number."

Like most polls, the last Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby survey ahead of the primary was quite near the mark for the Republican race, predicting McCain would get 36 percent to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's 27. The final result was 37 to 31. But on the Democratic side, the survey predicted Obama would have 42 percent of the vote to Clinton's 29, when in fact she won narrowly.

The flood of information on the Internet can shape how voters' loyalties can shift quickly, an effect that may have been amplified among New Hampshire's undecided voters, said Susan Herbst, a polling expert at Georgia Institute of Technology.

"There's more movement and more fluidity of people and their opinion," she said. "That's a good thing. It means that people are thinking."

Before last week's Iowa caucuses -- notoriously hard to predict because of their unusual rules and the role of second-choice candidates -- the pollsters collectively shrugged their shoulders and concluded "who knows?" Obama won solidly.

But in New Hampshire the pollsters thought they were on more solid ground when they detected an Obama "bounce."

One issue making it hard for pollsters is that this is a history-making contest with no past parallels -- Obama would become the first black U.S. president, and Clinton the first female U.S. president.

Herbst said the "public-private gap," the difference between what voters say and do, has long been tough for pollsters to gauge.

But ABC's polling director Gary Langer wrote in his blog at blogs.abcnews.com/thenumbers/ that he doubted the wrong results would trace back to race.

He said pollsters need to look not just at factors like race but at "their own failings in sampling and likely voter modeling."

"It is simply unprecedented for so many polls to have been so wrong. We need to know why," he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/P.../09/63056.html

Everyone should watch a rerun of 9 11 again and ask themselves, "do I really want a Muslim running my country?" No way will I ever vote for Obama. My opinion....
    Jag

Thanks

I think the problem we're seeing is that no one is decided yet. I do believe that Obama will win the nomination for the demcrat party. Not so sure with the GOP though. Either way, I'm not so sure the GOP can win if they aren't willing to really be conservatives rather than republicans first. There is a difference just as there is between true democrats and liberals. The dems have it pretty easy as far as what they want to hear from their candidates... Surrender to our enemies.

Conservatives want real things though. Security, jobs, tax relief, education vouchers, morality, and less government. As you can see... Dems just have to show their belly better than the others to win their nomination but for the conservatives they have actually have real life plans ready to go that deal with our non-fantasy lives.

I think people like McCain and Huckabee because they're very likable. But they're leary of them on their past records. Romney I don't think is very trusted and his millions spent with no real results proves that out. Guliani is what I call a True Democrat. He's on the GOP ticket but I don't understand why. And that leaves Hunter and Thompson which are too old in most people's eyes. This is not good. This is why I think we'll have a Dem in office this next time around.

I too don't think Obama has left behind his muslim upbringing and would never vote for him. But he's highly charismatic with the younger crowds and lets face it, true conservatives like most of us are dying out. We're dinosaurs that won't be around forever and then youngsters like Ryan will be freaks.

I think however, out of all the democrats running for office, I'd rather Obama was in office if it has to be one of them. He's just young enough, and nice enough, to figure out the right thing to do. The other two dems are dyed in the wool haters of America.

Doesn't matter... I'll vote for whomever wins the GOP nomination other than whack job Paul. I wouldn't ever consider voting for this crop of dems.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Obama, the Muslim Thing, And Why It Matters

by Pamela Geller

He knows the stakes involved. The thing is, you can't be a leader and not know what Islam means. The average Joe pumping gas on Route 66 - okay, not on top of the issue. But there is no way you can be running for President and not know the hell being wreaked on the free and not-so-free world by Islamic jihad. That said, Barack Obama went to a madrassa in Jakarta. A madrassa in a Muslim country. Whether he was devout or secular, he knows what was taught. He knows what is in the Koran. Even if he is ambiguous, he knows the stakes involved. His stepfather and close members of his family are devout Muslims. Not an unimportant influence. Every Muslim who left Islam is very definitive about leaving and why. They are quite vocal - Wafa Sultan, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Walid Shoebat, Elijah Abraham, etc. If he left Islam, Obama must have very definite thoughts about it. He has to,he practiced Islam. That is not benign; it's big. And even if, as inferred by big media, it was not big to him, then he can still appreciate how important it is knowing what he knows about Islam and apostasy. Obama would have had to make a decision to reject Islam. When did he make that decision? How? Why the silence? Why the reluctance to talk about it? Apostasy is punishable by death in Islam. Have there been calls for Obama's death? If not, why not? Islam gives no free passes. Obama's posture on this is hard to define or understand, because it is a critical issue. Transitional issues facing this nation and the world at large - the world at war, creeping sharia, the perversion of the rights of free men, individuals, women, etc., hang in the balance on the make up of the next president of the United States. The stakes could not be higher domestically.

On foreign policy, Europe has laid down. The political elites have capitulated to Islamists and to multiculturalists. Suicide. It seems unclear that they could hold up their end even if America did the heavy lifting.

As far as Israel is concerned, if Obama makes it to the big house, Israel is screwed. Finished. Obama's church and Jew-hating pastor, Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr.,makes that evident. Israel will be on its own. Perhaps that is necessary, though, because it seems they have relinquished their sovereignty to the US and they expect the US to guarantee their security. Ain't never
    If Obama makes it to the big house, Israel is screwed.
    gonna' happen. No country, ever, should abdicate its role in protecting and defending itself. Ehud Olmert is on a one-way trip to nowhere. So maybe tough love is necessary, because this relationship is hurting Israel.

The recent revelations of Obama's ties to Raila Odinga in Kenya are disconcerting as well, because Odinga is behind the terrible violence in his country. It was he who instigated bloody riots and killing after he lost the election. Obama's bias for his fellow Luo was so blatant that a Kenyan government spokesman denounced Obama during his visit as Raila's "stooge." And while there are few angels in Kenya, Odinga is the source of great unrest and turmoil; and the MOU he signed with the Muslim Council to institute sharia is a foreshadowing of a dark fate for Kenya. (A Jacksonian picked up on my previous post on this and wrote a lengthy, well-researched piece on the politics and back story on Odinga.) Just how quickly will Kenya go Islamic? We must be allowed to ask these questions. I do not embrace change for the sake of change - the impossible new buzzword on the campaign trail. Jimmy Carter was the dark horse, the new unknown, and he was an unmitigated disaster. The worst, most damaging president in US history, in my opinion.

This could be even worse. And so, I implore my fellow Americans to question, question, question. The potential damage to this country is incalculable. These are dangerous times, my friends; reckless and capricious intellectual laziness will have disastrous consequences. Jag
    Last edited by Ryan Ruck; January 11th, 2008 at 02:28. Reason: Fixed the text color from black

Thanks

Romney is a dipshit. He won't get my vote.

Romney "Disses" Amateur Radio In Televised Town Meeting
    Posted on Wednesday 16 November 2005 @ 15:48:10 Governor Mitt Romney dismissed the role of Amateur Radio operators in emergency communications during a televised "town meeting" program last night on WCVB's "When Disaster Strikes: Segment Two." The program featured public safety and volunteer organization officials from across Massachusetts among its audience.

Host and moderator Natalie Jacobson asked an increasingly-agitated Governor Romney questions about communications interoperability, and communication without commercial power. Romney was next asked by Jacobson, "...so does it come down to ham radio?..."

The Governor replied in a disgusted tone, "No, we don't need to deal with ham radio operators..."

Embarrassed public safety officials later tried to put in a good word for Amateur Radio. National Weather Service Warning Coordination Meteorologist Glenn Field was prepared to state the importance of Amateur Radio, when Salvation Army Colonel Fred Van Brunt was called upon. Van Brunt remarked about his organization's quest to improve its communications capabilities and how Amateur Radio has aided his organization. "The ham radio situation helps a great deal," he stated.

"I have already written and submitted a letter to the Governor's Office," wrote Eastern MA Section Emergency Coordinator Rob Macedo, KD1CY. "I have also written an email to Natalie Jacobson."

ARRL Section Manager Mike Neilsen, W1MPN sent a section-wide email today to all Eastern MA ARRL members describing the incident along with actions he and his staff were taking to mitigate the situation.

"[Romney's] attitude about us sets an unfortunate tone within the state's executive branch," wrote Neilsen. "As a former military officer, I see this as a failure in leadership. My immediate concern is our working relationship within the [Massachusetts Emergency Management Team] environment." Neilsen intends to address the Governor's comments as "an urgent matter" at a meeting on November 17 with Don Carlton from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.

"I was very disturbed about what the Governor stated on the program," wrote Ron Wood, W1PLW, the section's Public Information Coordinator. "It does show that more work is needed by all hams in the section. It's a great idea to write letters explaining the good we do." Wood is attempting to schedule a meeting with the Governor's office tomorrow so that EMA ARRL staffers might discuss the matter further.

Tom Kinahan, N1CPE wrote that Governor Romney's comment has made "a PR problem" for Kinahan in his role as MA State RACES Officer.

"I've got a roster of over 150 Amateur Radio operators that support local communities, and those of us that directly support the state government. There are at least double that in terms of people that are actually out there that I don't have formal paperwork on that support Amateur Radio emergency communications in some organized manner... The Governor has said that he 'certainly doesn't need to rely on ham radio' -- where does that leave the RACES program now?"

"I am ashamed tonight that I am a Republican!" remarked one ham radio viewer. "[Romney] speaks in derogatory tones about hams. He certainly shows an ignorance as to what we do and are capable of. I suggest a grass roots campaign of local hams calling the State House and The Governor's Office to protest."

The television program can be viewed at http://www.thebostonchannel.com/vide...06/detail.html.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

If a demorat gets in, I am stopping the planet and getting off. I will not be able to survive under a commie regime. It amazes me how the demoratic candidate can say, 'I am for change' and the demoratic voters go crazy. What kind of change are these people for? Higher taxes? Quit the fight against the WOT? Socialistic health care? The demoratic voters want change, so they are going to vote for a smooth talking politician? There is a novel idea.

I am going out to buy more ammo tonight. It is the only thing that makes me feel better when I think of living under commies.

Here is one for you:

Hillary was on a flight to Texas. There was a Cowboy sitting next to her on the flight. She told the Cowboy that the flights go faster if you strike up a conversation with the person next to you and asked if it was ok if she did with him. He said, 'I s'pose'. She asked if it was ok to talk about Iraq. He said, 'sure, but do you mind if I ask you a question?'. She said sure. He said, 'OK, deer, cows, and horses eat the same thing. But deer leave pellets behind, cows leave patties behind, and horses leave muffins behind. Why is that?' Hillary looked at him dumbfounded (you know, that normal look she has on her face) and said she did not know why that is. The Cowboy then says, 'how are you going to tell me something about Iraq, if you don't know $h!t?' I gotta go to the can and think about this election thing some more. Be back later.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

Rick... If it weren't for ham radio, we wouldn't be where we are technologically. They are more responsible for the spread of communications techs than any other group of people until the "twitch" gamer brought gaming consoles to the forefront of our culture. When Television came out it was ham radio people that bought enough sets to bring the prices down because of their love of all things communication wise. Then the transistor chips came out and ham radio's use of those made it possible for computer hobbyists to buy them cheaply which in turn brought about the digital age. So in that, Romney should STFU. Our greatest surge of economy ever known in our history as a nation was brought about in large because of ham radio just for the above reasons.

I don't know why people open their mouths about subjects they have no clue on... Especially someone that wants to represent the free world.
    Brian Baldwin

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    ...youngsters like Ryan will be freaks.
    Thanks!

At least I'll be in good company with my younger brothers!

Thanks

lol

Well, I dont mean to derail a thread on Obama.. .sorry, Romney irks me though.

That thread got pretty good on FR though, you guys all ought to log in and chime in

I could use some more back up (though, I've been kicking ass ! )
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information