Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Current Events and Biblical Prophecy II

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Current Events and Biblical Prophecy II

FIRESTORM: OLMERT SHOCKS WORLD BY ADMITTING ISRAEL HAS NUCLEAR WEAPONS

A dangerous moment.

By Joel C. Rosenberg

(WASHINGTON, DC, December 12, 2006) -- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert stunned Israelis and the Islamic world Tuesday by admitting that the Jewish state has nuclear weapons.

"Israel doesn't threaten any country with anything -- never did," Olmert told a German television network during his trip to Europe. "The most that we tried to get for ourselves is to be able to live without terror. But we never threatened any nation with annihilation....Iran, openly, explicitly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map. Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel, Russia [have]?"

Was it a slip of the tongue, or did Olmert mean to abandon Israel's decades-old policy of "strategic ambiguity," neither confirming nor denying having nuclear warheads? It's not yet clear, but it was a dangerous development. Why? Because it gives Iran, Syria, Russia and the Islamic world the ability to accuse Israel of having a double standard for saying Iran should not have nukes when Israel already does.

What's more, it comes on the heels of the new U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates confirming in sworn Senate testimony that Israel does in fact have nuclear weapons, a move that stunned insiders in Washington and Jerusalem.

Already, Olmert's comments have created a firestorm of controversy inside Israel, and calls for his resignation. Given the Prime Minister's already low standing in the polls (his approval ratings are hovering at a dismally low 20-25% after the Lebanon War), pressure could begin to build to bring Olmert's government down.

In The Ezekiel Option and Epicenter I write about the prospect of Russia, France and other nations calling for a U.N. resolution demanding a "nuclear free zone" in the Middle East, calling on Israel to give up her weapons of mass destruction within 30 days or risk facing an international coalition to disarm her, just as Iraq faced a U.S.-led coaliton in 2002. Olmert's remark -- slip or not -- now makes that prospect more likely. Indeed, a movement to force Israel to give up its strategic deterrance is growing. The U.N. recently linked Israel's nuclear weapons to the Iranian nuclear issue, and Jordan's King Abdullah II insisted earlier this year that Israel give up its nuclear weapons. This is a story to keep a close eye on.

Banned
    Thanks

So I guess I would have to read the book to figure out what happens, of course an Ezekial option would be war. I can not see them giving up their weapons, that would be suicidal. Someone like Baker, it seems, would go along with that. That appears to be the direction in which we are heading.
    I would guess Putin has some more tightening of the screws to do before that happens. I recall a vision by David Wilkerson that stated that Russia would close its doors just before they went on the offensive. As we see them cleaning house it sure looks like they are getting ready for some major change.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankrm View Post
    So I guess I would have to read the book to figure out what happens, of course an Ezekial option would be war.
    frankrm,

"The Ezekiel Option" is a fictional novel by Rosenberg which postulates on world events which might lead to the prophecy of Ezekiel 38/39 (the Russian-Iranian-Islamic alliance which attempts to invade Israel in the near future).

According to the actual Biblical prophecy in Ezekiel 38/39 the enemies of Israel are annihilated in mid-invasion.

Here's an accurate review of the book.

http://www.intellectualconservative....ticle4438.html

"Epicenter", or as it is known by its full title: "Epicenter: Why the Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your Future" is the non-fiction book which... "Featuring previously classified CIA and White House documents and exclusive interviews with Israeli, Palestinian, and Russian leaders, this best-selling author's first nonfiction work takes you on a suspense-filled journey---from biblical prophecy to today's headlines!"

Here's an equally accurate review of this non-fiction book.

http://www.conservativeswithattitude...ordpress/?p=12

Banned
    Thanks

Well, according to scripture all nations will turn against Israel. It seems that only the US and Britain side with her, that is minus the media.
    That would imply to me that either we change our minds or we are somehow nuetrilized. The part in Ezekial that states they come against an unwalled nation a land of open villages I have heard may refer to the US.That would be because we have a large Jewish population and it does not seem to refer to the current Israel with its many fences, walls and boundries which are necessary to keep the bad guys out.

Banned
    Thanks

Well, according to scripture all nations will turn against Israel. It seems that only the US and Britain side with her, that is minus the media.
    Yes, at the battle of Armageddon in the Valley of Jezeel that is true. Ezekiel 38/39 is not Armageddon.

However, according and specifically related to Ezekiel 38/39 the nations identified as being a part of the invading force from the utmost North (draw a line due north from Jerusalem) and led by Russia are specifically identified.

Those nations that are not military invader participants are also named specifically or are referred to as "the merchants of Tarshish and all their young lions" which may be a reference to the UK, Spain and Portugal and all of their former colonies worldwide.

The part in Ezekial that states they come against an unwalled nation a land of open villages I have heard may refer to the US. That would be because we have a large Jewish population and it does not seem to refer to the current Israel with its many fences, walls and boundries which are necessary to keep the bad guys out.
    The first part in your quote above is what I know as "replacement theology". The US/UK as the inheritors of Gods covenant with Israel was a key part of the doctrine espoused by Garner Ted Armstrong and his late father, Herbert W. Armstrong and the so-called "Worldwide Church of God".

To the best of my knowledge in thestudy of scripture God never established a permanent covenant with either the US or UK. The only God-ordained covenant is with Israel and is permanent, per the Bible - and it is not based upon the assumptions or "replacement theology of some men.

That partition wall in Israel will come down soon enough, just as the Sinai, Gaza and West Bank lands have been and are being given away by the actions of men.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; December 15th, 2006 at 18:13.

Banned
    Thanks

I am aware of replacement theology but I certainly don't believe in it. I might see a connection re Israel and the US because so many Jewish people have migrated here and many of them are prominant citizens in every profession. They play a major roll in the US.

It is true that they will try to force them to take the walls down.
    I still see an attack on the US prior to their invading Israel wholesale. We are the biggest obsticle to their ability to destroy Israel in their eyes. Infact I believe that we were mainly targeted and still targeted for that purpose. If we are nuetralized what is to stop them would be their thinking?.

Banned
    Thanks

I am aware of replacement theology but I certainly don't believe in it. I might see a connection re Israel and the US because so many Jewish people have migrated here and many of them are prominant citizens in every profession. They play a major roll in the US.
    As a Christian Zionist I am well aware of this fact.

However, if one accepts completely the Wod of God, as I believe you do, then you know that ALL Jews will return to Israel at some point.

It is true that they will try to force them to take the walls down.
    I still see an attack on the US prior to their invading Israel wholesale. We are the biggest obsticle to their ability to destroy Israel in their eyes. Infact I believe that we were mainly targeted and still targeted for that purpose. If we are nuetralized what is to stop them would be their thinking?.
    Actually I think the agenda here is somewhat askew.

It's not a matter of what Israel's enemies think, or what they will do or plan to do.

On the contrary, it is the Will of the Sovereign God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who will insure that His will is done, that the Jews and then the whole world will know that He is the Lord God.

If political America stands between God and His Sovereign will, political America will be removed. Ditto for any nation on Earth.

Christians of all denominations repeat these words daily, exactly as Jesus Christ taught them to be said...

Our Father, who art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done,

On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

As we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

But deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,

and the power,

and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Matthew 6:9-13
    Amen.

Thanks

Amen!

The Holy One of Israel will have His Will be done in all the earth and peoples.

Banned
    Thanks

How true. The trick is to stay in his will without getting side tracked and ending up on the wrong side because you were not paying attention or got caught up into something you shouldn't .

I believe God will force all Jews to return, with fishers and hunters. And those who do no go will suffer the consequences, perhaps like those in Germany who did not seriously take the warnings of what was happening, those who were in denial suffered greatly.

But us Christians need also to stay on our toes.

Banned
    Thanks

The trick is to stay in his will without getting side tracked and ending up on the wrong side because you were not paying attention or got caught up into something you shouldn't .
    Not possible if one asks for daily direction and guidance in the Spirit. We know what season it is and therefore it is imperative that we seek His will in all things at all times.

Banned
    Thanks

RECORD NUMBER OF EX-MUSLIMS CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR

Spiritual revolution underway in Middle East.

By Joel C. Rosenberg

More Muslims converted to faith in Jesus Christ over the past decade than at any other time in human history. A spiritual revolution is underway throughout North Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia. As a result, a record number of ex-Muslims are celebrating Christmas this year, despite intense persecution, assassinations, and widespread church bombings.

During the writing of Epicenter, my wife and kids and I lived in the Mideast for three months. During that time, I had the privilege of interviewing more than three dozen Arab and Iranian pastors and evangelical leaders throughout the region. The picture they paint is one of Christianity being dramatically resurrected in the region of its birth. A snapshot:

Iraq: more than 5,000 new Muslim converts to Christianity have been identified since the end of major combat operations, with 14 new churches opened in Baghdad, and dozens of new churches opened in Kurdistan, some of which have 500 to 800 members. Also, more than 1 million Bibles shipped into the country since 2003, and pastors report Iraqis are snatching them up so fast they constantly need more Bibles.

Egypt: some reports say 1 million Egyptians have trusted Christ over the past decade or so. The Egyptian Bible Society told me they used to sell about 3,000 copies of the JESUS film a year in the early 1990s. But last year they sold 600,000 copies, plus 750,000 copies of the Bible on tape (in Arabic) and about a half million copies of the Arabic New Testament. "Egyptians are increasingly hungry for God's Word," an Egyptian Christian leader told me. Last Christmas, I had the privilege of visiting the largest Christian congregation in the Middle East, which meets in an enormous cave on the outskirts of Cairo. Some 10,000 believers worship there every weekend. A prayer conference the church held in May 2005 drew some 20,000 believers.

Afghanistan: only 17 Muslim converts to Christianity before 9/11/01, but now more than 10,000. Dozens of baptisms every week.

Kazakstan: only 3 known Christians in 1990, but now more than 15,000.

Uzbekistan: no known Christians in 1990, but now more than 30,000.

Sudan: more than 1 million Sudanese have converted to Christianity just since 2000, and some 5 million have become Christians since the early 1990s, despite a radical Islamic regime and an on-going genocide that has killed more than 200,000. Seminaries are being held in caves to train pastors to shepherd the huge numbers of people coming to Christ. Why such a dramatic spiritual awakening? "People have seen real Islam, and they want Jesus instead," one Sudanese evangelical leader told me.

Iran: in 1979, there were only 500 known Muslim converts to Christianity, but today Iranian pastors and evangelical leaders tell me there are more than 1 million Iranian believers in Jesus Christ, most of whom meet in underground house churches.

In December 2001, Sheikh Ahmad al Qataani, a leading Saudi cleric, appeared on a live interview on Aljazeera satellite television to confirm that, sure enough, Muslims were turning to Jesus in alarming numbers. "In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity," Al Qataani warned. "Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity."

Stunned, the interviewer interrupted the cleric. "Hold on! Let me clarify. Do we have six million converting from Islam to Christianity?" Al Qataani repeated his assertion. "Every year," the cleric confirmed, adding, "a tragedy has happened."

One of the most dramatic developments is that many Muslims -- including Shiites in Iran and Iraq -- are seeing dreams and visions of Jesus and thus coming into churches explaining that they have already converted and now need a Bible and guidance on how to follow Jesus. I describe a number of these stories in the book. Having just returned from three weeks in the Mideast, I have heard many more, and will be sharing some of them in the new year. This is in fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. The Hebrew Prophet Joel told us that "in the last days, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days....And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." (Joel 2:28-32)

Bottom line: It's not being reported by the mainstream media, but the God of the Bible is moving powerfully and dramatically throughout the Muslim world. The number of Arab and Iranian Christians is surging despite wars, rumors of wars, and terrible persecution. These fellow brothers and sisters now need our fervent prayers and our practical help as they seek to reach epicenter with the love and forgiveness of Jesus in 2007.

Lynn and I launched The Joshua Fund both to bless the Jews of Israel as well as to communicate the gospel to Muslims throughout the Middle East. If you'd like to learn more -- or to help -- please visit our website at www.joshuafund.net. All donations are tax-deductible.

Thanks

Praise be to the Lord God and creator of all! By His powerful might and loving mercy Jesus still saves. His truth goes forth and does not come back void.

Now is the time for salvation for the Lord God is not willing that any should perish but that all should receive eternal life through Christ Jesus.

Banned
    Thanks

Indeed. Hindsight will be 20/20 at some point in the not-so-distant future when people come to the realization that all of the political correctness, and the so-called separation of church-state, and the pigeon-holing of the Bible (Gods Word which is and has always been primarily about things prophetic) come to learn the Truth. Pray that these people do not learn the Truth when it is too late for the redemption of their eternal souls.

Thanks

A Muslim from England now sets in seat 666 in the EU.

http://www.sajjadkarim.org.uk/photos/11.html

Oh the shame of it all!

The AC is a real contact personality with the spirit world ; he is not just another political tool of religionist fanatics in thier end time prophecies.

Whats your take on the Osborne?

regards,

Banned
    Thanks

any more detail? Can't see by the photo that he is sitting in seat 666. Supposidly it has not been occupied until now.

Thanks

Sajjad Karim, a British Liberal has seat 666 in this plenary session: “I actually had not even realised that I sit at 666!This number has absolutely no significance for me at all! I am completely unsuperstitious in every way. I do have a very firm belief in God and do not practise anything other than direct prayer without using any particular instrument to assist in this. And that’s as far as it goes!"

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/p...default_en.htm

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Segestan View Post
    A Muslim from England now sets in seat 666 in the EU.

http://www.sajjadkarim.org.uk/photos/11.html

Oh the shame of it all!

The AC is a real contact personality with the spirit world ; he is not just another political tool of religionist fanatics in thier end time prophecies.

Whats your take on the Osborne?

regards,
    My take?

That a man, muslim or otherwise, sits in a seat numbered 666 that many men before him have sat in is meaningless pap. Completely irrelevant to Biblical prophecy.

Banned
    Thanks

IS THE U.S. ABOUT TO STRIKE IRAN?

World leaders -- and evangelical leaders, too -- are asking serious new questions about what the Iranian nuclear threat means and how to respond.
    By Joel C. Rosenberg

(WASHINGTON, D.C., February 23, 2007) -- Fears are steadily growing in the Middle East, Europe and here at home that the United States is readying a massive air strike against Iran's nuclear and military facilities in the next year or so, but possibly as early as this spring.

Newsweek ran a cover story last week on a possible U.S. strike entitled, "RUMORS OF WAR," echoing -- whether the editors meant to or not -- Jesus' teaching in Matthew 24 that in the last days there will be and "wars and rumors of war" before the Second Coming.....The Economist ran a cover story last week, entitled: "NEXT STOP, IRAN?"....in a major front-page story today, the Times of London cites senior British officials saying "they fear President Bush will seek to 'settle the Iranian question through military means' next year, before the end of his second term if he concludes that diplomacy has failed."....as one British official put it: "He [Bush] will not want to leave it unresolved for his successor."....meanwhile, I'm getting emails from all over the world -- including from people inside Iran -- wanting to know if a U.S. attack is imminent.

The White House and Pentagon say no war is being planned, but Iran continues to make a series of dangerous and provocative moves that could trigger hostilities after all.

At the same time, I can report a steadily growing interest among evangelical Christian leaders in the Mideast as well as in the U.S. in what the Bible has to say about the future of Iran. In fact, several prominent Christian leaders are currently developing radio and television programs that will soon be aired nationally and globally to discuss the Iranian nuclear threat and to explain the prophecies of Ezekiel 38 and 39, in which Russia and Iran form a military alliance with other Middle Eastern countries in an attempt to destroy Israel in what Ezekiel describes as "the last days."

First, let me review the latest geopolitical news; then we'll look at the inside story of rising evangelical interest in Iran.

Iran on Wednesday defied the United Nations' February 21st deadline to stop enriching uranium and instead is feverishly trying to complete the "nuclear fuel cycle," a highly complex scientific process that when mastered would allow the mullahs to build one nuclear bomb after another....."Iran has not suspended its enrichment-related activities," said a confidential IAEA report, obtained by Reuters. "Iran has continued with the operation of the (small ground-level pilot fuel-enrichment) plant....It has also continued with the construction of the (underground) Fuel Enrichment Plant, including installation of cascades, and has transferred UF-6 to the plant."

"The report -- sent both to the Security Council and the agency's 35 board member nations -- set the stage for a fresh showdown between Iran and Western powers," noted the Associated Press. "Even before it was issued, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the U.S. and its allies would use the Security Council and other 'available channels' to bring Tehran back to negotiations over its nuclear program."

Said U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon: "I urge again that the Iranian government should fully comply with the Security Council" as soon as possible, he told reporters in Vienna, saying Iran's nuclear activities had "great implications for peace and security, as well as nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction."

That said, as the possibility of a military showdown between the U.S. and Iran grows, a growing number of prominant pastors and evangelical Christian leaders are interested in where Iran fits into Bible prophecy.....Last month, I was invited to a Muslim country in the Middle East to brief several hundred Arab and Iranian pastors and evangelical leaders on the latest geopolitical developments in the region and to teach on Ezekiel 38 and 39.....these are prophecies that most Christian leaders in the region are unfamiliar with, but as readers of this weblog know, have profound implications for all the people of the epicenter....it is too early to say if the fulfillment of these prophecies is close at hand, but it was a fascinating day of discussions that left many of these Christian leaders with a newfound sense of urgency to share the gospel with Muslims in their countries and to develop crisis management plans should a geopolitical war or a prophetic war break out in the next few months or years.

A few weeks later, I was traveling to New Mexico to preach on the implications of Ezekiel 38 and 39 for followers of Christ, and to continue working on a documentary film based on Epicenter that is being jointly produced and distributed by Tyndale House Publishers and Skip Heitzig, the senior pastor of Calvary Chapel of Albuquerque.....my flight took me first to Denver, and as I boarded at Washington Dulles airport, I happened to sit next to Dr. James Dobson.....Dr. Dobson and I have known each other for a number of years and have often discussed events in the Middle East. Turns out, he had been in Washington for meetings with high level administration officials to discuss Iran, Iraq and the latest developments in the Middle East. He told me he is increasingly concerned about the Iranian nuclear threat, and has been studying Ezekiel's prophecies. He asked me to send him a copy of Epicenter and then discussed with me the possibility of doing a series of radio programs to explore these urgent issues later this spring....that's still in in development and I'll let you know more when I know more.

What's more, I recently found out that Kay Arthur, the world renowned Bible teacher, is also increasingly concerned about the military alliance that's forming between Russia and Iran and how this might relate to Ezekiel's prophecies.....last fall, a friend of hers encouraged her to read The Ezekiel Option and Epicenter.....she did, and ended up giving copies of Epicenter to each of her senior staff.....A few weeks ago, Kay called me and asked if I would come down to her headquarters in Chattanooga to teach on the Biblical description of the "War of Gog and Magog" and to record a series of radio and TV programs to explain these prophecies in light of current events.....I agreed, and just spent the last several days with Kay and her team doing just that.

Before going to Tennessee, I spent several days with a team of Iranian Christian pastors out West....they have a satellite television ministry which is seen by between 4 and 7 million Iranian Shiites every day.....they wanted me to discuss Bible prophecies about Iran with them and help them develop a plan to communicate "God's love and plan for Iran" through their live satellite broadcasts, as well as figure out how to answer the many phone calls and emails they are sure to get from inside Iran once such programs are broadcast into the country.....they see a showdown with Iran coming, and they feel passionately about reaching their fellow Iranians with the good news of Christ's love....these are amazing people.....one pastor and his wife used to be Shiite Muslims on the streets of Tehran in 1979 shouting, "Death to America!"....now -- because of how Christ changed their hearts and minds -- they live in the U.S., love America, love the Jewish people, and want to work together with a Jewish believer in Jesus like me to share the gospel with the people of Iran.....amazing.

There are, of course, other people teaching on these geopolitical developments and these prophecies besides me.....I simply share these developments to provide a few snapshots, to give you a sense of how Iranian actions are worrying political leaders and motivating evangelical leaders at home and around the globe.....will there be a war in the region this year or next?.....honestly, it's too early to say.....as I've been writing about for months, 2007 is the Year of Decision....President Bush and the Congressional leadership will need to decide soon just how they're going to handle the Iranian nuclear threat.....but Church leaders also need to decide just how they are going to handle the Iranian threat, as well....after all, time is short, and the stakes are high.

Banned
    Thanks

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

Anyone who's followed this thread knows who the Sanhedrin are... that they are the only ones who have the ability to officially recognize the Messiah... are the ones who denied Jesus and sent him to the Romans to be crucified... that they preside over all things under Hebrew law and conduct ceremonies in the coming third Temple.

As you know THEY'RE BA-AAACK! Now they're getting down to the real business for which they exist.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/831646.html

Last update - 04:24 28/02/2007
    Present-day Sanhedrin court seeks to revive ancient Temple rituals

By Nadav Shragai, Haaretz Correspondent

The present-day Sanhedrin Court decided Tuesday to purchase a herd of sheep for ritual sacrifice at the site of the Temple on the eve of Passover, conditions on the Temple Mount permitting.

The modern Sanhedrin was established several years ago and is headed by Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz. It claims to be renewing the ancient Jewish high court, which existed until roughly 1600 years ago, and meets once a week.

Professor Hillel Weiss, a member of the Sanhedrin, told Haaretz on Tuesday that the action, even if merely symbolic, is designed to demonstrate in a way that is obvious to all that the expectation of Temple rituals will resume is real, and not just talk.

Several years ago, a number of members of the various Temple movements performed a symbolic sacrifice on Givat Hananya, which overlooks the Temple Mount from Jerusalem's Abu Tur neighborhood. During the ceremony, participants sacrificed a young goat that was donated by a resident of Tekoa. The participants also built a special two-meter tall oven, in accordance with halakha (Jewish law).

The Passover sacrifice is considered a simple ceremony, relative to other works performed in the Temple. On Wednesday, the Sanhedrin will hold its main conference, entitled "existential threats and ways to correct them." Rabbi Menachem Froman, far-right activist Moshe Feiglin, and Nativ editor Arieh Stav will participate in the conference. The guest of honor will be Makor Rishon publisher Shlomo Ben-Zvi.

Banned
    Thanks

Related to the above.

PLANS FOR THIRD JEWISH TEMPLE DEVELOPING

Plus: Ahmadinejad in Sudan to forge alliance
    By Joel C. Rosenberg

(Washington, D.C., March 1, 2007) -- It's been nearly 2,000 years since Jews celebrated Passover at the Temple in Jerusalem, but that will change soon if a growing Orthodox Jewish movement in Israel has its way.

"The present-day Sanhedrin Court decided Tuesday to purchase a herd of sheep for ritual sacrifice at the site of the Temple on the eve of Passover, conditions on the Temple Mount permitting," the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported yesterday.

"The modern Sanhedrin was established several years ago and is headed by Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz. It claims to be renewing the ancient Jewish high court, which existed until roughly 1600 years ago, and meets once a week. Professor Hillel Weiss, a member of the Sanhedrin, told Haaretz on Tuesday that the action, even if merely symbolic, is designed to demonstrate in a way that is obvious to all that the expectation of Temple rituals will resume is real, and not just talk. Several years ago, a number of members of the various Temple movements performed a symbolic sacrifice on Givat Hananya, which overlooks the Temple Mount from Jerusalem's Abu Tur neighborhood. During the ceremony, participants sacrificed a young goat that was donated by a resident of Tekoa. The participants also built a special two-meter tall oven, in accordance with halakha (Jewish law).The Passover sacrifice is considered a simple ceremony, relative to other works performed in the Temple."

Numerous Biblical prophecies in the Old and New Testaments indicate a new Temple will be built in the "last days," suggesting such headlines have been foretold for centuries. Several Orthodox Jewish groups in Israel are currently making preparations to build and outfit the Third Temple. Some are developing detailed architectural plans for the structure, while others are creating the religious implements and clothing that would be used by Levitical priests to carry out sacrifices once the Temple is in place. Tensions over control of the Temple Mount are running high at the moment, with Palestinians rioting several weeks ago to keep Israelis from building a ramp so visitors can safely access the ancient holy site.

Meanwhile, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is in Khartoum on a two-day state visit to forge a military and economic alliance between Iran and Sudan, to denounce Israeli Jews as children of the Devil and to denounce the United States for trying to plant "seeds of sectarian discord" throughout Iraq and the Middle East.

"Zionists are the true manifestation of Satan," Ahmadinejad told a meeting of Islamic scholars. The Iranian leader also told the people of Sudan: "There is no place in the world that suffers from divisions and wars unless America or the Zionists' fingerprints are seen there."

Ahmadinejad met with Sudanese President Omar al-Beshir "to hold wide-ranging talks aimed at increasing bilateral cooperation in agriculture and industry that should culminate Thursday with the signing of a package of agreements," reports Agence France Presse. "Iran has also offered its expertise in the oil industry, an area currently dominated by China, India and Malaysia," but the "issue that has also been at the heart of Iran-Sudan ties is military cooperation, with Sudanese Defence Minister Abdel Rahim Mohammed Hussein having visited Iran three times over the past year."

Ahmadinejad also made known his opposition to U.N. peacekeeping forces being positioned in Sudan to end the genocide underway in the Darfur region and elsewhere. "Iran -- together with China, whose President Hu Jintao visited Khartoum earlier this month -- is a key ally of Beshir's regime and spoken out against plans for a UN deployment in Darfur," reports AFP.

It's bad enough, of course, that two radical Islamic countries are forging ever stronger ties in their jihad against Judeo-Christian civilization. But what is particularly curious about the emergence of an even stronger Iran-Sudan alliance this week is that it was foretold 2,500 years ago by the Hebrew Prophet Ezekiel in chapters 38 and 39. Ezekiel 38:5 tells us that "Persia" and a people group known as "Cush" will be allies with Russia and a group of other Middle Eastern countries in an effort to destroy Israel in what Bible scholars refer to as the "War of Gog and Magog." Until 1935, Persia was the official, legal name of the country we now know as Iran. "Cush" is the upper Nile region that today is Sudan and Ethiopia.

One other interesting note: right after the Hebrew prophet describes this "War of Gog and Magog" in Ezekiel 38-39, he goes on to describe the rebuilt Jewish Temple in Jerusalem in Ezekiel 40-48.

Thread Information