Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Events and Biblical Prophecy II

Thanks

Default Re: Current Events and Biblical Prophecy II

Colonel Ray's assessment sounds pretty accurate to me. Which is why I don't think we will give Iran an excuse to invade Iraq or fire their missles. I don't think we can handle that kind of escalation without a major troop, naval and air power buildup.

I read earlier today that we have a lot of naval forces in the general area (Sorry, can't remember the link where I read that). I have thought for quite a while that a blockade of Iran's ports was our best bet.

Any thoughts on that possibilty, gentlemen?

EM

Thanks

I think Colonel Ray's assessment is likely a worse case scenario. One which every tactician must allow in thinking rather than be surprised later. I do however agree that an attack on Iran would have serious repricussions. But ultimately they would fold before our forces. Russia can't directly support Iran after all that Iran has threatened. The Russian will however indirectly support them as they tried to do with Iraq. My reasons for this is that I don't think America will attack until we allow Iran to force it. We must have other nations and our own people behind us this time.

I expect a complete air and sea campaign against Iran in the near future with ground troops only taking what ground the former has cleared. I don't see as many casualties as Colonel Ray does either. I just don't see Iran being capable of inflicting those damages against our troops unless we invade from the ground without "softening" up the region from the air first. I also don't see them launching chem and bio weapons against many if any targets since that would invite tactical nukes in retaliation.

Egypt will not likely side with Iran other than vocally. They and a couple other Arab nations have been attacked by AQ of recent and aren't exactly leaning towards open arms policy these days. Syria is a punk and may jump one way or another. They're an unpredictable variable and enhanced forces around and near their borders should keep them in check.

I guess it all really centers on whom we put in charge of the war and how they approach it. The gas prices will jump but not so badly as all that. But oil will be a concern. Mostly the US doesn't buy much Iranian oil. And we do have access to Iraqi oil now. I suppose what I'm saying here is that I agree with Colonel Ray on his combat views and understand where he comes to his damage assessments. But I disagree with the repricussions and counter-strike he's guessing at. All that means is that you have two different views.

Now Colonel Ray is a battle vet. He knows quite a bit about killing the bad guys. I think however that he does like the rest of us when he points to what he thinks the Iranians will do in retaliation, and that's guess at what he himself might do. We will attack and invade Iran. That's a given. They will retaliate and beef up their Iraqi invasion. That's a given. But outside of that neither he nor I nor anyone else can even begin to guess what the powers that be will chose to do on a more intimate level. We could win this quickly or we could secure it in a more cautious manner. And we could just cluster-f**k it all the way around.

With that said Sean... You see this as the precursor... What comes next? You've got my attention.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

"You see this as the precursor... What comes next? You've got my attention."

War. And lots of it. Probably nuclear as well.

Hashemi Rafsanjani has said today Iran will reject and ignore UN Security Council sanctions and the demands of all other powers, be they the EU, US or whomever. Iran intends to do whatever it takes to become a nuclear-armed power.

Fine.

Then we have no choice but to get the Lancer's, Spirit's and Nighthawks wheels up and enroute to Natanz and Bushehr.

The point of no return has been exceeded.

Thanks

Here is a report from someone watching Katie Couric interviewing JOe
    Biden this morning:

Totally off topic, but I’m watching Katie Couric toss softballs at Joe Biden this morning and two things jump out — Biden announced he would vote against Judge Alito if the vote were taken now (no surprise — he voted against confirmation for Roberts) and more importantly, his phrasing of the question of unlimited executive power, that he wishes Judge Alito would answer, stated twice, was “Does the President have the authority to go to war with IRAN without Congressional authorization.”
    Two intriguing points — (1) he said it twice, so he wasn’t misspeaking about Iraq, he’s talking about whether we’ll have military strikes against IRAN — is it possible that the Congressional leadership has been briefed on something?? I don’t recall ever hearing Iran mentioned hypothetically during the hearings, though I certainly haven’t heard every minute.

Connecting dots, one of Sean's favorite pastimes.

I'm still not convinced Sean, even though I'm now helping you make your case for a strike on Iran. Why am I confused? We haven't gone through all the machinations that we did before Gulf I, and Gulf 2. I keep thinking the American people have to be prepared, and yes, I remember your take that surprise is the plan. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it, just can't believe Bush will really pull the trigger without "going to UN" and all the usual time wasting.

EM

Thanks

Iran represents a very unstable face to the world. A nuclear Iran is unimaginable. Its very much like a nation that sees eye to eye with AQ. Even the Brits, French, and Germans are at wits end with them. When libs want them sent to the security council then you know its bad.

Unfortunately we won't be able to convince the US people this time. There will need to be hard factual evidence presented. Not the "trust us we have evidence." If they want the people behind them. I just saw on the news where Iran wants America to come back to the negotiations but D.C. says forget it. Looks like that Iran strike is on its way sooner rather than later.

Sean.... What's the biblical prophecies have to say about the attack on Iran in conjunction with the rest of today's current events?

Brian

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    What's the biblical prophecies have to say about the attack on Iran in conjunction with the rest of today's current events?
    This may surprise you... but there's nothing about an attack on Iran (Persia) in Bible prophecy. El zippo.

Yet in Ezekiel there two chapters (38 & 39) concerning the "Battle of Gog/Magog". The timeline has this conflict occuring before antichrist and before the Tribluation or (The Time of Jacobs [Israel's] Trouble). The very next subsequent chapter (40) deals with the plans for and the construction of the Third Temple in Jerusalem.

This Gog/Magog and allies (Persia/Iran being very much in the forefront of those allies) who launch a massive, surprise invasion of Israel are destroyed. Tarshish (nations of commerce: England, Spain perhaps) and all the "young lions thereof" [North and South America, Aus/NZ, the former colonies of UK and Spain perhaps] are caught by surprise.

This war is a sudden assualt which catches everyone by surprise. It appears to be a planned Pearl Harbor-type event for Israel. The aggressors are annihilated, their homelands destroyed by fire, and there will be men hired specifically to pick up the bones and pieces of bones for seven years. The military equipment used in the invasion will be used as fuel.

The answer to your question is that Jesus words were, "there will be wars and rumors of wars... these things must take place".

This does not mean we will not pre-emptively attack Iran, or even Israel could do so, but there is nothing specific in Bible prophecy about it.

Probable closely related prophecy can be found in Psalm 83 (lists the current and exact alliance of Arab nations arrayed against israel TODAY their conspiracy agenda to destory Israel totally) and in Isaiah 17 which speaks of the sudden and total destruction of Damascus which occurs overnight.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne
    I think we are about to strike Iran and Syria... very soon, in fact. F-16 Fighter Wings are enroute to the AO as we speak.
    Some of you recieved an email on this subject last Tuesday, (January 10th) in which I cited two specific open-source reports on the movement of these F-16's.

Have you seen page 2 of todays "Inside The Ring" by Bill Gertz and Rowan Scarborough?

Inside the Ring

By Bill Gertz and Rowan Scarborough
    January 13, 2006

Fighters deploy
    Coinciding with increased tensions with Iran over the resumption of illicit uranium enrichment, the U.S. Air Force has dispatched additional warplanes to the region in a not-so-subtle sign, military sources say.
    An entire wing of F-16s, the Air National Guard's 122nd Fighter Wing based in Fort Wayne, Ind., left for a base in southwest Asia on Tuesday. A wing is usually about 72 aircraft and several hundred support personnel.
    F-16s and support personnel from the 4th Fighter Squadron of the 388th Fighter Wing based at Hill Air Force Base, Utah, also deployed recently to Iraq. The squadron has 12 F-16s.
    Both units' F-16s could be used in any military operation to take out Iranian nuclear facilities.
    A spokesman for the U.S. Central Command Air Forces, which runs air operations in the region, said the F-16 deployment of about 80 jets is part of a rotation and is not related to Iran's uranium reprocessing.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...198r_page2.htm
    Here's my original Email.

To:
    Subject: HEADS UP: F-16 Fighter Wings Deploying to SW Asia

The 122nd Fighter Wing deployed to lace w:st="on">SouthWest Asialace> (SWA) at 0230 this morning. The 122nd flies the variant of the F-16 which would be critical in strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities. Ditto for the 4th Sqdrn of the 388th FW.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/news/local/13586753.htm>>

Posted on Mon, Jan. 09, 2006>>
    122nd Fighter Wing to leave in the wee hours

From staff reports>>

Members of the Fort Wayne-based 122nd Fighter Wing are scheduled to leave for lace w:st="on">Southwest Asialace> about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday from the unit’s headquarters on ]
    Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:34 PM
    To: [redacted]

Ferguson Road. It represents the wing’s largest single deployment since it was called to lace w:st="on">Chambley, Francelace>, in 1961 during the Berlin Crisis. This deployment is in support of ongoing operations in the U.S. Central Command Air Forces (CENTAF) area of responsibility, which includes lace w:st="on">Southwest Asialace>. The unit will deploy fighter pilots, as well as maintenance and support personnel.

************************************************** ************************************************** **************
    http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/159253/4/>>

Sunday, January 08, 2006 >>

300 deployed from Hill Air Force Base

The Associated Press

LAYTON -- Airmen from the 388th Fighter Wings 4th Fighter Squadron have been deployed to Balad Air Base, the Air Force said Friday.
    More than 300 airmen from supporting maintenance units left for the region Monday and Tuesday, while the squadron's 12 F-16s left Wednesday.
    The 388th Fighter Wing does not release deployment details until airmen have reached the deployment location.
    Those deployed come from multiple squadrons, including the 4th Fighter Squadron, Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Component Maintenance Squadron, Maintenance Operations Squadron and Aircraft Maintenance Squadron.>>
    "The mission of the Air Force is to deliver sovereign options for the defense of the United States of Americalace and its global interests to fly and fight in air, space, and cyberspace," said Col. Robert Beletic, 388th Fighter Wing commander
    This story appeared in The Daily Herald on page B7.

I have antennae up for B1, B2 and F-117 deployments. The B1 abd B2 could sortie directly from their US bases as they did for OEF/OIF. Guam and Diego Garcia are other possible/probable staging areas.

Sean Osborne,
    Associate Director & Military Affairs Analyst
    Northeast Intelligence Network
    www.HomelandSecurityUS.com
    >>

8. January 22nd, 2006, 20:45

Reason
    Troll Droppings

Banned
    Thanks

I just noticed what may be an interesting coincidence, and then again, maybe not.

All this talk about an Iranian (Persian) nuclear test circa 20 March 2006, and the talk of an Israeli preemptive strike so as not allow such to occur. Well, this got me to thinking and to take a look at the "prophetic" calendar as I have found myself doing for the past year or more.

This coming March is shaping up to be a potential bang or bust with all of the rumors and rhetoric being tossed around. But I have noticed something which has historical roots, and which specifically ties Israel and Persia together. On March 14, 2006 (14 Adar 5766) we have the Jewish holiday of Purim.

According to Judaism 101, "Purim is one of the most joyous and fun holidays on the Jewish calendar. It commemorates a time when the Jewish people living in Persia were saved from extermination."

Purim involves the King of Persia who unbeknownst to himself has a Jewish spy within his inner circle. The spy is Esther. Mordecai impressed Esther to never reveal her Jewishness. Mordecai was in intense conflict with the Persian King's (Ahasuerus) principle advisor (Haman) who was plotting to exterminate all of the Jews. At risk of being killed for presenting herself to the King, Esther fasted three days. The King welcomed her. Esther told the King of Haman's plan to exterminate all the Jews within the Kings realm. The Persian King put a stop to Haman's plan immediately, thus saving the Jews from annihilation.

There is something odd also about the book of Esther and this account of the Jews being saved, as Judaism 101 relates as follows:

"The book of Esther is unusual in that it is the only book of the Bible that does not contain the name of G-d. In fact, it includes virtually no reference to G-d. Mordecai makes a vague reference to the fact that the Jews will be saved by someone else, if not by Esther, but that is the closest the book comes to mentioning G-d. Thus, one important message that can be gained from the story is that G-d often works in ways that are not apparent, in ways that appear to be chance, coincidence or ordinary good luck."

I can not help but wonder, with the Bible being replete with precedents and precursors of future prophetic events, templates of future events if you will, that this story may have some significance for what lies ahead of us this coming March.

It seems a most curious set of circumstances to come full circle once again with the annihilation of the Jews within the reach of "Persia" and the Jews capable of averting disaster of their own accord. Somehow I do not think this story has escaped the modern-day secular leaders of Israel; it most certainly has not escaped the religious Jews in the government and military.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; January 23rd, 2006 at 19:12.

Thanks

Very well researched Sean. It is curious. You mention a prophetic calendar... I suppose this is a metaphoric calendar but I'm wondering if there are any good books out there that would follow closely what you're laying out here overall. Not just this or a few possibilities in the future but the whole of it?

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    You mention a prophetic calendar... I suppose this is a metaphoric calendar...
    Brian,

Actually, this is not metaphorical reference... I have a real "Prophetic Calendar" which combines the Jewish and modern western calendars with all manner of references or important dates conveniently laid out in each month for each day of the given year. I have been using the one produced by Chuck Missler's "Koinonia House" ministry for two years now. It is the best product of its kind available anywhere.

I will be placing stuff like this within this thread every time something becomes notable.

I'm wondering if there are any good books out there that would follow closely what you're laying out here overall. Not just this or a few possibilities in the future but the whole of it?
    Wow, books of this type are legion. Hal Lindsey began the trend with his "The Late Great Planet Earth". I'd have to get back with you on this - but a quick answer would be that I recommend anything by Hal Lindsey, Mike Evans, Chuck Missler, or Zola Levitt - not necessarily in that order. They're all exceptional.

If you want to follow strategic trends online with excellent updates then this is the place to go:

http://www.khouse.org/strategic_trends/

Thanks

Next time you're at your local library, check out the "for sale" rack. Over the summer, I picked up 3 sets of Tim LaHaye books on cassette, at several libraries in Denver, each set only being a buck each. So perhaps you can happen upon some of these books for a steal before you purchase elsewhere.

Banned
    Thanks

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/2/afa/12006d.asp
    Pastor Hagee Speaks Out on the Iranian Nuclear Threat
    By Allie Martin
    February 1, 2006

(AgapePress) - The pastor of one of the largest churches in the U.S. Says radical Islam and Israel cannot dwell together in peace -- and that Christians must support the nation of Israel.

In his newest book Jerusalem Countdown, John Hagee -- pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio -- says biblical prophecy is playing itself out daily in the Middle East. (Thus the purpose of this thread).

Hagee says Iran's new president, coupled with last week's victory by terrorist-backed Hamas in the Palestinian elections, paves the way for an impending war in the region. (Isaiah 17)

In that light, he says Israel and the United States must not allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons. The Texas pastor explains why he feels that way.

"This madman, the president of Iran, has said to the international world media that he will share these nuclear weapons with other fanatical Islamics," Hagee states. "Therefore these nuclear suitcase bombs that the media refers to as 'dirty bombs' can be exploded in America's cities with the potential of killing a million or a million-and-a-half people every time a bomb goes off. It would be devastating to the United States."
    During his State of the Union address last night, President George W. Bush stated that "the nations of the world must not permit the Iranian regime to gain nuclear weapons." Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has since lashed back, stating that his country would continue with its nuclear program despite the efforts of "bully countries," as he called them, to bring that process to a halt. Associated Press reports that the International Atomic Energy Agency is expected to refer Iran to the U.N. Security Council as soon as tomorrow (February 2). (Actually the IAEA delayed UNSC referral action until March 4 at the earliest)

But Hagee is convinced that any threat of sanctions against Iran by the Security Council will have no effect. "That's a joke," he says bluntly. "The U.N. Security Council has Russia and China sitting across the table from Iran. Russia is the one that caused this nuclear problem. [Russian President Vladimir] Putin has had his scientists down in Iran for years working for their missile systems."

Putin, he argues, is no friend to the United States. In fact, Hagee predicts the Russian leader will eventually turn against the U.S. And align with Islamic nations in a conflict against Israel.

(Ezekiel 38 & 39)

Hagee made his comments during a recent interview on American Family Radio.

Allie Martin, a regular contributor to AgapePress, is a reporter for American Family Radio News, which can be heard online.
    © 2006 AgapePress all rights reserved.

Banned
    Thanks

Another bit of outstanding insight regarding the rising of the dead in Christ and the catching away of those who believe in Him and are alive at that time.

In the "Olivet Discourse", which I quote from Matthew 24 verse 32, Jesus says:

"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. "
    The fig tree has always been a metaphor for Israel, and the topic of this sermon was an direct answer to the question of the apostles in verse three, where they queried of the Lord, "what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

While most eschatological commentators leave this to mean that Israel would exist at the time of the Lords coming and the end of the age, there is more in Jesus words than meets the - as is often the case.

W#hat is the lesson, or the parable of the fig tree we are to learn? Where in the Bible is this parable given? Does it even exist?

Yes, it most assuredly does, and where one would least expect to find it. it is there with abundant meaning for the event which many await as imminent - which is how the Bride of Christ awaits Him who is the Groom in the same manner as the ancient Hebrew tradition of the betrothal.

Song of Solomon Chapter 2 verses 8 - 13.

8 Listen! My lover!
    Look! Here he comes,
    leaping across the mountains,
    bounding over the hills.

9 My lover is like a gazelle or a young stag.
    Look! There he stands behind our wall,
    gazing through the windows,
    peering through the lattice.

10 My lover spoke and said to me,
    "Arise, my darling,
    my beautiful one, and come with me.

11 See! The winter is past;
    the rains are over and gone.

12 Flowers appear on the earth;
    the season of singing has come,
    the cooing of doves
    is heard in our land.

13 The fig tree forms its early fruit;
    the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
    Arise, come, my darling;
    my beautiful one, come with me."

Here we have the time... the land is alive with life again, the fig tree (Israel) is forming its early fruit. And what happens at this time is the "lover", the betrothed, leaps across mountains, bounding over hills and

TWICE ISSUES THE COMMAND

ARISE, COME WITH ME.

Why does He issue the command twice you ask?

Because that's exactly how the sequence of events has been prophecied to unfold in the twinkling of an eye!!!

I Thessalonians 4:16-18

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

I Corinthians 15:51-52

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, andwe will be changed."

'Tis the season.

Banned
    Thanks

Popular Televangelist Zola Levitt Given Less Than A Year To Live

Televangelist Zola Levitt, a Jewish Christian known for his tagline, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem," has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is not expected to live more than a year.

"It seems that Zola may be getting promoted to the head office," writes Zola's son, Mark Levitt. "The good news, barring a medical miracle, is that he will meet our Lord before the rest of us. The bad news is that we – Zola's staff, friends, supporters and even some enemies – will miss him terribly, worse than we can begin to say."

Trouble was first noticed Feb. 10 when Zola had some difficulty speaking while traveling in Florida. Examinations revealed three lesions in his brain and what appeared to be a tumor in his left lung. His liver also appeared to be affected. The brain lesions are thought to be from cancer tissue that has migrated from the lung.

Zola and his wife, Sandra, returned to their Dallas home, and on Feb. 20, a biopsy was performed and Zola was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastasic squamous cell Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Stage 4 is the most advanced stage of lung cancer, when the disease has spread to a distant part of the body, such as another organ. Surgery is almost never used if the cancer has metastasized to another organ.

Zola smoked for some 25 years, but quit the habit two decades ago.

Mark Levitt reports Zola is now getting radiation therapy five days a week and chemotherapy once a week, noting the brain lesions "have shrunk remarkably in size."

"He has some pneumonia due to the lung cancer and has a cough from that, but is not in any pain and currently has few other symptoms," Mark says on the website. "Zola has a positive attitude about this experience. Zola just doesn't see a reason to be angry – this may just be a promotion by God. He is looking forward to seeing the Lord soon. He plans on continuing his work as long as he is able."

With the prognosis "probably less than a year," Zola is hurrying to tape as many broadcasts as possible for his television program, "Zola Levitt Presents."

"He is doubling his efforts to produce extra TV programs and create more informative and outspoken newsletters than ever. What a soldier's testimonial – to stay at his post until called away by Yeshua (Jesus)! Happy is the man whose work is his play."

Banned
    Thanks

One could refer to what follows as mere a sign of the times. I see it as just more evidence for the level of apostasy the so-called "Christian West" has sunk. Many here will see this as just an interesting observation.

This report is from the Al-Jazeera English website. I noticed something in this report which differs from ALL other western media reporting - save one. My comments in blue.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/C17BE973-5FEA-4FBF-9C54-692F81F2E123.htm

Fight on, al-Zawahiri tells Hamas
    Sunday 05 March 2006, 7:03 Makka Time, 4:03 GMT

Al-Qaida's deputy leader has urged the ruling Palestinian Islamic group Hamas to
    "continue the armed struggle" with Israel, in a video aired by Aljazeera
    television.

Urging Hamas to reject previous deals made between the Palestinian Authority
    (PA) and Israel, Ayman al-Zawahiri said such deals were "surrender accords".

"Your only alternative is to pursue the armed struggle until the liberation of
    Palestine and the building of an Islamic state," al-Zawahiri said in the video
    aired on Saturday. "Reaching power is not a goal by itself ... and no Palestinian has the right to give away a grain of the soil. "The seculars in the Palestinian Authority have sold out Palestine for crumbs...Giving them legitimacy is against Islam."

Commenting on Palestine and Iraq, al-Zawahiri said: "We have to be aware of the
    American game called 'political process.'" And turning to the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad that have been printed in a number of European newspapers, al-Zawahiri said: "They did it on purpose and they continue to do it without apologising, even though no one dares to harm Jews or to challenge Jewish claims about the Holocaust nor even to insult homosexuals."

(Al-Zawahiri again wearing the black turban of Persian Shi'a Islam is spouting rhetoric most recently made infamous by Mahmoud Ahmadi-Nejad. I'll bet this video was made in Iran and sent to the Dubai offices of Al-Jazeera via Iranian diplomatic courier.)

Insistent

Considered al-Qaida's chief ideologue, al-Zawahiri appeared in the video wearing
    a black turban and seated in front of a curtained window. He spoke insistently and waved his right hand to emphasise his words.

"The insults against Prophet Muhammad are not the result of freedom of opinion
    but because what is sacred has changed in this culture," he said.

"The Prophet Muhammad, prayers be upon him, and Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, are not sacred anymore, while Semites and the Holocaust and homosexuality have become sacred"

(Whoa Nellie!!! As translated by Al Jazeera, the ignorant islamic boob refers to "Jesus Christ" -- Christ being the Greek word for Messiah!!!
    I have never seen any Muslim, much less one in al-Zawahiri's calibre intentionally refer to Jesus in connection with the word Christ (Jesus Messiah) before. Islam holds that Jesus was a prophet, not the Son of God and most certainly not as the Messiah!)

Faux pas or bad translation?

However, the main and most noteworthy point here is that ALL OTHER (even the allegedly "Crusader" Christian West) media reports are INTENTIONALLY omitting the words "Jesus Christ" entirely from their reports. In fact they do not even use the name Jesus once any of the 36 reports that I have seen this morning. They simply cannot force themselves to print the name of Jesus.
    • The BBC does not mention al-Zawahiri's reference to Jesus at all - Period! - Christ or no Christ attached to His name.
    • Ditto for Forbes.Com report.
    • Ditto for the Los Angeles Times.
    • Ditto for Reuters.
    • Ditto for the New York Times.
    • Ditto for the Canadian CBC.
    • Ditto for CNN.
    • Ditto for the Red Chinese Xinhua.
    • Ditto for The Age of Australia
    In fact the only western media report which I have seen which accurately reports Ayman al-Zawahiri's words is the report by FoxNews.

"The insults against Prophet Muhammad are not the result of freedom of opinion but because what is sacred has changed in this culture," he said. "The Prophet Mohammed, prayers be upon him, and Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, are not sacred anymore, while Semites and the Holocaust and homosexuality have become sacred."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186839,00.html

Mega-Kudo's to FoxNews for this accuracy in reporting.)

Continuing with the Al Jazeera report...

An Aljazeera official said someone had given the videotape to the network. He
    would not elaborate. Al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's deputy, has issued several video and audiotapes in the past year. His last video came on 31 January in which he threatened a new attack against the United States.

Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri are believed to be in hiding along the Pakistan-Afghan border. The audio track of the video aired partially by Aljazeera was posted on the internet earlier.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; March 5th, 2006 at 16:29.

Thanks

I wish AQ and Islam was all we had to fight against in this world of terror but unfortunately their troops of willing inhumanists have to include the PC Left and all their media organizations. Sometimes I feel like we're throwing pebbles at a giant freight train hoping we can stop it. Day in and day out I watch as the values of respect, honesty, spiritual love, and hard work that I teach my children are thoroughly ground into dust by a society hell bent on creating monsters. I've never been to church and I have no love for organized religion but I pray often to God as I do believe in him. Where did everyone lose their way? How do we turn the tide? Just how alone are we becoming these days in this war?
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Brian, it seems like I think about this puzzle all the time. Not intentionally, but as things happen, it rolls about in my mind. I recall how it was growing up, what things were taught in schools to me and my classmates. I listen to people who watch CNN like it's gospel talk nonsense and repeat their lessons of indoctrination. I have confronted a priest on something he spoke to us pew warmers about concerning the possibilities of the nature of God, and daily I work with educators who throw holiday parties for the students unless it is for Easter or Christmas. Under the guise of protecting children, I have had to counter administrators at my daughter's preschool to keep them from teaching sex ed to kids 3-yrs old! Some things are part of human plans by agendas of organizations. But it truly seems to me that there has to be more to all of this. A spirit of anti-Christ, something seen in the physical realm but instigated by spiritual forces. Nonetheless, I consider myself very, very blessed to have been born in this country rather than somewhere else where things of God have already been forgotten or have been forbidden. At least here, Christians have just as much right as any other voice of influence to speak up. I may be the only person at work to do so, which makes things uncomfortable for me, but I don't fear for my life and for that I am proud still to be an American. I can't say that I am helping to turn the tide, but I can say that I am helping to prevent the flood from engulfing and overtaking us completely. Some of my children are now grown. When there is a get together and I can sit back for a minute and watch them interacting and raising their own children, I know I have made a small difference in the world. You have experienced that, too, I am sure, even though your kids are still young. Their choices, their values, their knowledge differs from their peers in a way that makes you proud, and you and your wife rightly deserve a great deal of the credit for that. Perhaps this is the best we can hope for.

Thanks

Thanks Aplomb. I can only hope that my children take the examples I live to heart and pass it on to their own children. I can't help but wonder how difficult it will be for them to raise their own children. The difficulties my wife and I face these days compared to our parents are extreme. Imagine what they'll be like in twenty more years if things keep progressing along this same path...

The more I read and see in this world of late the more I begin to see Sean's point of view on the upcoming times. I don't know if I should consider myself handicapped or lucky for having been slow to see this growing ugliness around us.
    Brian Baldwin

Banned
    Thanks

Guys,

Regarding what's coming... "spirit of the antichrist and all... I have a couple of items to post which I have just learned about. I am so angry over this that I am inclined to consider rejecting as lies any firther proclamations that we have "liberated" or given "a chance for freedom" to the Afghan people. My support for "Operation Enduring Freedom" is at an end because of this, and I am about to get loud and rowdy over this abomination.

This is about a 41-year old man of the same faith as myself and, allegedly, our Commander-IN-Chief as well as several millions of our fellow citizens whove given their sons, daughters and tax dollars to "liberate" these Muslims. This 16-year Afghan Christian convert is to be executed unless he recants his conversion to faith in Christ.

SO, I must ask - What is the difference between the Muslim's of the Taliban or Al Qaeda and those Muslim's to whom we have given the governance of Afghanistan or restored to power???

Afghan on trial for Christianity

An Afghan man is being tried in a court in the capital, Kabul, for converting from Islam to Christianity.

Abdul Rahman is charged with rejecting Islam and could face the death sentence under Sharia law unless he recants.
    He converted 16 years ago as an aid worker helping refugees in Pakistan. His estranged family denounced him in a custody dispute over his two children.
    It is thought to be Afghanistan's first such trial, reflecting tensions between conservative clerics and reformists.
    Conservatives still dominate the Afghan judiciary four years after the Taleban were overthrown.
    The BBC's Mike Donkin in Kabul says reformists, like the government under President Hamid Karzai, want a more liberal, secular legal system but under the present constitution it is hard for them to intervene.

'Tolerance'
    Afghanistan's post-Taleban constitution is based on Sharia law, and prosecutors in the case says this means Abdul Rahman, whose trial began last Thursday, should be put to death.

We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him
    Trial judge Ansarullah Mawlazezadah

When he was arrested last month he was found to be carrying a bible and charged with rejecting Islam which is punishable by death in Afghanistan.
    Trial judge Ansarullah Mawlazezadah told the BBC that Mr Rahman, 41, would be asked to reconsider his conversion, which he made while working for a Christian aid group in Pakistan.

"We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance. We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him," the judge told the BBC on Monday.

But if he refused to reconvert, then his mental state would be considered first before he was dealt with under Sharia law, the judge added.
    He said he expected the case to take about two months to be heard.

Precedent
    The Afghan Human Rights Commission has called for a better balance in the judiciary, with fewer judges advocating Sharia law and more judges with a wider legal background.
    Several journalists have been prosecuted under blasphemy laws in post-Taleban Afghanistan.
    The editor of a women's rights magazine was convicted of insulting Islam and sentenced to death last year - but was later released after an apology and heavy international pressure.
    Mr Karzai's office says the president will not intervene in the case.

Observers say executing a converted Christian would be a significant precedent as a conservative interpretation of Sharia law in Afghanistan.

But it would also outrage Western nations which put Mr Karzai in power and are pouring billions of dollars into supporting the country.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...ia/4823874.stm

Published: 2006/03/20
    13:15:27 GMT

© BBC MMVI
    I am outraged.

I will have more shortly on this aspect of the so-called "last days".
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; March 20th, 2006 at 19:21.

Banned
    Thanks

If you must, read the above quoted report again, and consider the following, official, US Government "National Security Strategy" position on what we have accomplished in Afghanistan:

In Afghanistan, the tyranny of the Taliban has been replaced by a freely-elected government; Afghans have written and ratified a constitution guaranteeing rights and freedoms unprecedented in their history; and an elected legislature gives the people a regular voice in their government.
    What a crock. What an absolute crock of nonsense.

We've done nothing of the sort.

Islam is Islam is Islam.

Period.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/nss/2006/

Thread Information