Thread: 14 Month Total: 51 Terror Suspects Nabbed Trying To Enter U.S. Illegally

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default 14 Month Total: 51 Terror Suspects Nabbed Trying To Enter U.S. Illegally

Still shaking my head, wondering what it's gonna take to close the borders.

WorldNetDaily
    HOMELAND INSECURITY
    51 terror suspects nabbed trying to enter U.S. illegally
    'If this isn't a wake-up call to our lax border security, I don't know what is'

Posted: December 15, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Caption: Rep. Tom Tancredo
    At least 51 people who crossed the border illegally have been arrested on suspicion of terrorism since such tracking began 14 months ago, according to figures released to Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., by the Department of Homeland Security.

Tancredo, a leading congressional advocate of immigration reform, says the figures document the national security risk the nation's porous borders pose on the eve of Congress' first attempt in nearly a decade to rewrite immigration law.

Since October 2004, the Joint Terrorism Task Forces have kept track of arrested terrorist suspects who are in the U.S. illegally.

The JTTF document released to Tancredo shows 51 people were arrested who had "entered without inspection" into the U.S. from countries such as Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Syria and Pakistan.

"If this isn't a wake-up call to our lax border security, I don't know what is," said Tancredo. "What scares me is not this list from federal law enforcement – after all, we've already caught those terrorists. What scares me is the potentially hundreds of terrorists who make their way through our porous borders each year and go undetected."

The suspected illegal alien terrorists were arrested on a wide variety of charges, from smuggling weapons to illegally wiring large sums of money into the country, the document says.

Tancredo noted that this week, the House of Representatives is scheduled to complete a bill to strengthen border security and help enforce immigration laws.

"Judging by these terrorism figures, Congress is not acting a moment too soon," said Tancredo. "Knowing what we know now, what could Congress say if a terrorist attack occurred that secure borders would have prevented? We've relied on our good fortune for too long – we must protect Americans by stopping terrorists before they get here."

Last month, Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, head of the Senate Judiciary Committee's subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship, said he's been shown "anecdotal evidence" suggesting an Arabic presence along the U.S.-Mexico border. He noted the Bush administration has not publicly released the information because it is "a matter of intelligence."

Caption: Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas

Also in November, WorldNetDaily reported U.S. Rep. John A. Culberson, also a Texas Republican, said there had been an increase in apprehensions of so-called "special interest aliens," or SIAs, along the border – many from countries where al-Qaida is known to operate.

In testimony Nov. 10 before the House Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims, Culberson – a member of the congressional Immigration Reform Caucus headed by Tancredo – told the panel, "I am particularly concerned that aliens from countries such as Iraq, Iran, Syria, Indonesia and the Sudan are entering our country illegally."

In January, the discovery in Texas of a jacket featuring an Arabic military badge and an airplane headed toward a tower with the words "Midnight Mission" fueled fears of a possible connection to terrorism.

Caption: Patch depicting plane flying toward tower with words 'Midnight Mission'

Thanks

Default Re: 14 Month Total: 51 Terror Suspects Nabbed Trying To Enter U.S. Illegally

If I have one big issue with the Bush admin then this is it. For a War-Time president he just seems obtuse on the need to secure the borders. I figure the overall plan is to eventually add all of North America effectively to the American Union but I don't know that its a good move at this juncture.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Re: 14 Month Total: 51 Terror Suspects Nabbed Trying To Enter U.S. Illegally

Yeah, Brian; for lack of a better option, I've wondered about this 'One Continent Gov't' a bit myself.

Links for those unaware:
    www.cfr.org/content/publications/attachments/NorthAmerica_TF_final.pdf
    www.newswithviews.com/Yates/steven11.htm

4. January 22nd, 2006, 20:48

Reason
    Troll Droppings

Thread Information