Thread: Jericho - Season 2

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jericho - Season 2

A reminder that the much hoped for Season 2 if Jericho is coming on Tuesday (02/12) at 10pm EST!

Let's make sure it stays on the air by watching!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Jericho - Season 2

definately. I was a late comer to the show and really liked it, despite the tragic reasons such a series was formed as a basis.

Thanks

Wow! What an episode last night!

I really did NOT see that happening to Bonnie! It seems to me they are tying up loose ends in case it isn't renewed.

Thanks

Come on, take the quiz!

Which Jericho Character Are You?

I took it and got...

Some of the questions could have been worded better, in my opinion.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Completely out of character, I bought season 1 of Jericho - at the prodding of a friend.

I watched one episode every day or so - and I have to tell you that I liked it.

Me...Mr Anti-TV, liked a show. You'd have to know me to understand.

But I'll tell you that when season 2 makes it to DVD, I'll buy it. It's much better watching with zero commercials, etc.

Thanks

I noticed that the Sci-Fi channel is running the first season on Friday nights. Also after taking the character test, it turns out I am most like Robert Hawkins...
    I am going to have to quit taking these tests,.....
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Jericho Nuked by CBS (Again)
    Aw, (pea)nuts.

Despite getting a fan- (and legume-) powered reprieve, CBS has given the heave-ho to Jericho.

The latest—and likely final—cancellation of the apocalyptic series came Friday, after CBS execs determined the resurrected series had not generated big enough ratings. The season/series finale will air Tuesday night.

"Without question, there are passionate viewers watching this program; we simply wish there were more," said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler. "We thank an engaged and spirited fan base for keeping the show alive this long, and an outstanding team of producers, cast and crew that went through creative hoops to deliver a compelling, high-quality second season.

"We have no regrets bringing the show back for a second try. We listened to our viewers, gave the series an opportunity to grow, and the producers put a great story on the screen. We're proud of everyone's efforts."

However, in what's no doubt an attempt to ward off another 25-ton delivery of peanuts to the network's New York and Los Angeles offices, the Hollywood Reporter claims that two potential endings for the series were filmed, and the one chosen for air isn't as definitive as it could have been.

Per the Reporter, the selected ending won't necessarily preclude the series from coming back to the airwaves, albeit on cable, if at all.

Last June, Tassler, in the wake of the enthusiastic peanut-sending campaign that has already gone down in the annals of TV fandom, ordered a seven-episode second season of the show, hailing the overwhelmingly persuasive nature of sending the nuts—an idea borne from a line in the inaugural season's finale—but warned that "for there to be more Jericho, we will need more viewers."

Unfortunately, follow-through doesn't appear to be Jericho fans' strong suit. The show has continually been on the losing end of the Nielsen fight since its relaunch last month.

Jericho averaged 6.8 million viewers through its first five episodes. in the neighborhood of other CBS un-favorites like Viva Laughlin (6.5 million—for one episode) and Welcome to the Captain (6.3 million). Last season, when it got canceled the first time, Jericho averaged 9.2 million for a 23-episode season.

That's a loss of nearly 2.5 million viewers, or 26 percent of its audience. Most every show is down this year, but that's even worse than usual.

Jericho does, however, continue to be a bankable hit online, both as one of CBS' Innertube's most-watched shows and as an iTunes performer. The second-season premiere sold more than 700,000 copies, making it one of iTunes' most downloaded shows.
    Well, it looks like this upcoming episode will be the last...

I swear, networks have no idea what quality programming is today.

Maybe they can put on another "reality" show or some lawyer show.

Thanks

Thanks

Nice Backstop!

And some news on Jericho...

Jericho Seeks A New Home
    Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' canceled post-apocalyptic series Jericho, told SCI FI Wire that talks are ongoing to find the show another home, perhaps on a cable network.

"I can't really say [much] about specifics, and, ... partially, it's because I'm not the one having those conversations," Barbee said in an interview on March 24, the eve of the show's final episode. "[CBS] Paramount [Television, which produces the show,] has been pursing it, and our agents have been into that, so, you know, I am pushing those people and coming up with ideas to have those people pursue."

Barbee wouldn't offer details about any talks. "There were several ideas that have been floated, and there was some interest, but we'll have to see," she said. "It wasn't something that could be sewn up before we were going to air the finale. ... It would have been better had we been able to announce one with the other, but it just didn't happen that fast."

Barbee said that she and the show's cast and crew got official word of the show's cancellation at the end of last week, in time to choose one of two endings for the season finale: A cliffhanger or a series ender. "We were told that they were having a meeting on Thursday, ... internally at CBS, to decide which of the endings to show for this Tuesday night's finale, and then we were given the heads up after that meeting that they were going to show the alternate [ending, with the series finale], which obviously to us meant that we were going to finish our run on CBS," Barbee said. Barbee asked CBS to delay its formal announcement for 24 hours so she could inform the cast and crew; the news broke on Friday.

If Jericho is not picked up for another season by a TV network, Barbee said that she could envision it living on in some other form. "There's definitely an Internet series to be had, and we always talked about a graphic novel, and ... a movie," Barbee said. "I mean, there are lots of things that I could easily see as a way to continue the story."

But time may be running out. Jericho wrapped its second season of episodes back in November, just as the writers' strike was beginning. Since then, the cast and crew have been freed to pursue other projects, and the show's sets and backlot have been dismantled and either destroyed or put into storage. Barbee herself has moved on to another series, Swingtown, created by Jericho alumnus Mike Kelley, about the lives of couples experimenting with sexual and social mores in a 1970s Chicago suburb, which will air on CBS this summer and is shooting on the same stages once occupied by Jericho.

Looking back on Jericho, Barbee was pleased that it attracted a core of die-hard fans who were responsible for getting CBS to resurrect the show for a second season. "We appreciated the second life that we had, and we feel like we've made the most of it, and we will just be forever indebted to the fans for taking us on this amazing ride," she said. "I think it will always be a highlight in our careers, that we got to be a part of that." Jericho's finale, "Patriots and Tyrants," airs March 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

(Fans wishing to write SCI FI Channel about picking Jericho up should NOT use the scifiwire@scifi.com e-mail address, but rather should send snail mail here: SCI FI Channel, 21st Floor, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112.) --Patrick Lee, News Editor

Thanks

I don't watch much TV - don't even turn the thing on during the week - and sometimes it stays off for 2 weeks or so.

But I bought and watched Season 1.

I LIKED IT!!

Yesterday, I bought and watched (over 2 days) the 2nd season.

THAT IS ONE GREAT SERIES!!

Thanks

Ok... so what I understand this show made it one season, went away for a short time and came back with a second, albeit shorter season.

Did it make it to DVD?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Oh duh. I didn't see the note previous to mine. Disregard. I'll have to look for it somewhere I guess.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I put on a Jericho marathon during the weekend every so often.

Same with Firefly...

Both great shows that were taken off the air before they should have been.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post

Same with Firefly...

Is this the show?

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Yep! AWESOME show!

See thread here - http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/showthread.php?t=585

Thanks

When Maj. Beck was interrogating Jake, he told him he knew Stanley had shot Getz, etc. And he said he had an informant.

Who was that informant?

I didn't see it mentioned, or missed it.

Thanks

I don't think it was mentioned. IIRC, I got the impression he was bluffing because he knew how Stanley felt and wanted revenge for Getz killing Bonnie.

I may have to go back and review though to be sure...

Thanks

Hmmm...bluffing...could be - never thought of that.

IIRC though he had some other exact info.

I'll rewatch tomorrow.

Thread Information