Thread: Duly elected

Thanks

Default Duly elected

It would appear that I am have been elected to a seat on the city council. I was asked several months ago to "fill in" until todays election. Bear in mind that after the last census our towns population was given at 212. It is less than that now.

I told the council I would be happy to "fill in" as long as I was not compensated financially until or if I were to be elected on todays election. I will probably squirrel away the $25 a month then donate it back to the city.

To date my biggest dilema has been if the city should let a citzen place a gate on an alley to prevent it from being rutted up. We have only one alley that is paved.

I am curious if any other TAA folks particapate in city government?
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Duly elected

Congrats Luke!

I could never get into politics because I'm afraid I would cause every meeting to end in a fistfight due to others' incompetence.

I do vote in every election though!

Thanks

I have run for school board here, once.

I have attended several city council meetings and spoken on various subjects in the past, but I generally do not fret myself with such pursuits any more.

I keep my guns handy, and my wit sharp, as well as preparing for "the end" which may come sooner than we all think it will. I'm more concerned these days with why our government isn't coming down HARD on Iran, China and Russia, why they aren't telling Chavez to get off his high horse before we knock him off and basically paying attention to the signals for nuclear war.

I don't have time for "local politics" unless they do something idiotic, and then you can bet your ass I'll be standing there in front of the Mayor and city council yet again, making a mess out of local politics.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I keep my guns handy, and my wit sharp, as well as preparing for "the end" which may come sooner than we all think it will.
    Truer words could not be spoken!

Thread Information