Thread: Our Escalating Border War

Thanks

Default Re: Our Escalating Border War

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...rpaio-07292010

Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

$1M offered for Arpaio, $1K to join cartel

Updated: Monday, 02 Aug 2010, 6:51 PM MDT
    Published : Thursday, 29 Jul 2010, 6:48 PM MDT

PHOENIX - He's been at the center of the discussions and controversies surrounding illegal immigration enforcement in Arizona for quite a while.

On the day parts of Arizona's immigration law, SB 1070, went into effect, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is in the news for another reason: there's a price on his head - allegedly offered by a Mexican drug cartel.
    The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.

It's offering $1 million for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and $10,000 for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel.

A man who wants to remain anonymous says his wife received the text message Tuesday evening. It also included an international phone number and instructions to pass the message along.

"She showed it to me..I was kind of disgusted..I reported it to the Sheriff's department yesterday..they said they were going to direct the threat squad on it."
    Lisa Allen of the Sheriff's office says they believe the message originated in Mexico.
    Although the Sheriff has received numerous death threats in the past, they believe this threat is credible because of its timing.

"Arpaio gets threats pretty routinely, but obviously with this heightened awareness of his role in the immigration issue we've got to take this one a little bit more seriously with a million dollar contract out on him," said Allen.

But she says what really concerns investigators is how quickly the message may have been spread. "It's going so many different places that our folks are looking at it and thinking well at any given point in time it could land in front of some crazy person who thinks I can do that."

As for Arpaio's reaction to the threat, "It's a little bit like water off a duck's back for him, but you never know if it's that sense of false bravado with him..you just can't read it, I'm sure he's concerned, I'm sure he's concerned for his family more than anything else," said Allen.

The Sheriff's office says investigators are trying to trace exactly where the text message came from, but because it did originate from an international number, that will be difficult too.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Bomb Found on U.S.-Mexico Border Bridge

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico – One of the four international bridges linking this northern Mexican city and El Paso, Texas, was closed for nearly two hours Tuesday after a bomb was found and detonated on the Mexican side of the border, a police spokesman told Efe.

The bomb was spotted just after 8:00 a.m. on the Lerdo Bridge, which was immediately closed to traffic.

Several of the main avenues in Ciudad Juarez leading to the bridge were also closed, causing massive traffic jams in Mexico’s murder capital.

Army troops, Federal Police officers, municipal police and transit police went to the bridge to secure the area and direct traffic.

Mexican authorities, working with the U.S. Border Patrol, detonated the bomb.

The flow of traffic across the border resumed two hours after the controlled detonation, but officials have not said what type of explosive was used.

This was the latest in a series of bombings in northern Mexico.

Assailants suspected of having links to an organized crime group threw a bomb Saturday at one of the bridges connecting Nuevo Laredo, a city in the northeastern state of Tamaulipas, with Laredo, Texas.

No injuries or damage were reported in Saturday’s attack, the Nuevo Laredo city government said in a statement posted on an official Web site.

The blast occurred on the access ramp to International Bridge One, officials said.

A car bombing in Ciudad Juarez targeting Federal Police officers killed four people – a physician, two officers and a firefighter – on July 15.

A car packed with 10 kilos (22 pounds) of C-4 plastic explosives was apparently detonated with a cell phone on a busy street in the border city.

The attack was in retaliation for the arrest of Jesus Armando Acosta Guerrero, 35, reputed leader of the armed wing of the Juarez drug cartel, the Federal Police said.

Acosta was behind at least 25 murders, including the June 25 slayings of two federal officers in Juarez, officials said.

The Attorney General’s Office, however, has not issued an official finding on the incident, which would be the first confirmed use of a car bomb by an organized crime group in Mexico.

Ciudad Juarez, where nearly 6,000 people have been murdered since 2008, has been plagued by drug-related violence for years.

A total of 1,700 gangland killings occurred in Ciudad Juarez during the first seven months of the year, a figure that was up 47.6 percent from the same period in 2009, when 1,150 people were murdered, officials and press reports said earlier this week.

July was the second-most-violent month of 2010 in the border city, with 291 homicides, or an average of eight per day, being registered.

June ranks as the most violent month of the year, with 313 homicides, followed by May, with 262; March, with 240; January, with 227; April, with 205; and February, with 163. EFE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Does this sound familiar?

Mexico ready to debate legalisation as drug war claims 28,000 lives

President says he is open to hearing pros and cons of making marijuana legal despite being personally opposed to the idea

Soldiers stand next to a detainee and seized packages of marijuana in Tijuana, northern Mexico. Photograph: Rodrigo Abd/AP

The Mexican president, Felipe Calderón, said today he would consider a debate on legalising drugs, as his government announced that more than 28,000 people have been killed in drug violence since he launched a crackdown against cartels in 2006.

The director of country's intelligence agency, Guillermo Valdes, also said the authorities had confiscated about 84,000 weapons and seized $411m (£258m) in US currency and $26m worth in pesos.

Valdes released the statistics during a meeting with Calderón and representatives of business and civic groups, where attendees explored ways to improve Mexico's anti-drug strategy and called on the government to open a debate on legalisation.

Calderón said he has taken note of the idea of legally regulating drugs in the past. "It's a fundamental debate in which I think, first of all, you must allow a democratic plurality [of opinions]," he said. "You have to analyse carefully the pros and cons and the key arguments on both sides."

Three former presidents – César Gaviria of Colombia, Ernesto Zedillo of Mexico and Fernando Cardoso of Brazil – urged Latin American countries last year to consider legalising marijuana to undermine a major source of income for drug cartels. Mexico's congress has also debated the issue.

But Calderón has long said he is opposed to the idea, and his office issued a statement hours after the meeting saying that while he was open to debate on the issue, he remains "against the legalisation of drugs".

The latest debate on legalisation was proposed by the historian and writer Héctor Aguilar Cam*n, who said: "I'm not talking just about marijuana ... rather all drugs in general."

The most recent official toll of Mexico's drug war dead came in mid-June, when the attorney general said 24,800 had died. Valdes did not specify a time frame for the new statistics.

The government does not regularly break down murder statistics, but leading newspapers who have kept their own counts say last month was the deadliest yet under Calderón: according to the daily Milenio, 1,234 people were killed in July. The Mexican government says most victims were involved in the drug trade.

Some delegates at the meeting criticised the government for lacking consistent statistics on the drug war and an effective way to communicate its successes. They also said the government needs to do more to combat the financial arm of organised crime.

"There's no systematic policy for investigating or seizing the assets of organised crime," said José Luis Piñeiro, a security expert at Mexico's Autonomous Metropolitan University, "nor a system of locating the properties of organised crime".

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Mexico: Cartels move beyond drugs, seek domination

Wed Aug 4, 10:48 pm ET

Reuters – A soldier stands guard near a hearse (L) carrying the body of Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel, a major Mexican drug trafficker, outside a morgue in Guadalajara City August 2, 2010. Coronel, a senior member of the powerful Sinaloa cartel based in northwestern Mexico, was killed during an army operation in Zapopan near Guadalajara City on July 29, the government said.

MEXICO CITY – President Felipe Calderon said Wednesday that Mexico's cartels in many cases have moved beyond drugs as their main money-earner and are even trying to supplant the government in parts of the country.

Speaking at an anti-crime conference, Calderon said gangs are imposing fees like taxes in towns they dominate, extorting money from both legitimate and unauthorized businesses.

"This has become an activity that defies the government, and even seeks to replace the government," he said. "They are trying to impose a monopoly by force of arms, and are even trying to impose their own laws."

Calderon said cartels may even be taking money from churches. "I do not doubt that they are also extorting money from priests and pastors in this country," he said.

Drugs are becoming less of a focus for the gangs, he said.

"Their main business is not anymore even drug trafficking, sometimes," Calderon said. "Their business is dominating other people."

Calderon told the gathering that some people are urging him to leave the cartels alone, after more than 28,000 people have died in drug violence since he launched an offensive against the cartels upon taking office in late 2006.

"Really, they are telling me, 'Mr. President, don't bother the criminals'," he said.

Calderon called that "simply an unacceptable option."

Meanwhile, in the port of Manzanillo, capital of the western state of Colima, federal authorities said they seized 200 tons of precursor chemicals for making synthetic drugs. A statement said the material was found in 18 containers shipped from China and Korea.

The Attorney General's Office said it was the biggest seizure of such chemicals in Mexico.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

What? The Mexicans don't have an army capable of taking these terrorists out?

And we're not helping them?

What the fuck is wrong with America?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Home / News / Blogs /

Sr. Reporter: AZ militia patrols border, avoids scrutiny (updated)

Tim Steller | Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 12:30 pm | Comments

Dean Knuth / Arizona Daily Star The trails of border crossers criss-cross the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge in this 2008 photo. The Arizona Citizens Militia group claims to be "securing" the refuge from drug traffickers but declines to answer any questions.

The "Pima/Santa Cruz Commander" of the Arizona Citizens Militia says the group has been patrolling Arizona's southern border, armed, even exchanging gunfire with unknown evildoers in the bushes.

They're requesting donations of money and supplies, including "tons of ammo." And they hope to put between 4,000 and 10,000 "boots on the ground" at the border (I suppose you should divide by two to find the requisite number of people, right?).

All of it is detailed on the group's website and on this June 25 blog post, the text of which is pasted below.

But no one should dare ask these patriots what on Earth they're doing! In a posting on their website, the unnamed commander of this "citizens militia" declines all interview requests and says "Members of the news media are cordially invited to kiss our backsides. We can handle this without you."

Now, I've written to this group before this warning went up and never received a response, so it's apparently a longstanding policy. But this new, public stance really made me wonder who the members (or member) of this "militia" think they are (or he is) working for. The people of Arizona and the United States? Or themselves (himself)?

So, I ask these self-appointed defenders of our republic: What are you doing on public lands in our supposed defense? Why are you unwilling to be scrutinized, unlike the public agencies that are actually hired, trained and funded by the taxpayers to do this work? What is it you're able to do better than they are? How much have you collected in money and in-kind donations? How is it being spent? What are you doing with the bulldozer, mining equipment, weapons-loading truck and other machinery you claim to have?

I asked Sally Gall, the acting manager of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge, if she knows of this group patrolling on the refuge.

"All we know is that we’re aware of them in the area, but we haven’t had any contact with them," she said, citing reports received by law enforcement officers. "To the best of my knowledge they’re not on the refuge."

Asked if her agency has seen evidence that they exist, she said, "I can’t say 100 percent that they exist on the ground."

Look, it may be this is one guy keeping up a website, embroidering his border-war-fighting fantasies online. A lot of people seem to be doing that these days.

He says in the blog item "We are the last defense before i feel we lose a larger part of the country called AZ." But if this militia is who he says they are, and they're doing what they say they're doing, then they owe the public they claim to be protecting a look into their operations. Otherwise they don't really represent us.

Here's the text of the blog item I linked to above, broken into paragraphs by me. (Also, in my 9:45 p.m. update of this blog item, I've taken letters out of the swear words in the text. I'm sorry for any offense caused by their earlier inclusion):

Mr RandyMack, and if this is going to be used to inform U.S citizens of the Hostile engagements in Arizona then hello from the People of Arizona! Please before re-posting, edit all revealing information that i have provided you.

Thank you for taking interest in saving our ass’s, our great state and our great nation. Many many thanks. Currently the situation here is in 2006 the U.S government closed down 3900 acres of Arizona territory called Buenos Aires wildlife refuge. We have been conducting low profile operations on the U.S Mexico Border. It is now closed to all U.S citizens and so here we are in 2010 and well now 80 miles north of us is closed now because of the push from the cartels. Our Governor has requested a military presence but has been turned down for 4 years now every time. We are the last defense before i feel we lose a larger part of the country called AZ.

I am requesting the help of as many people around the nation who can honestly devote time to this. It is no joke, or laughing mater. We are the look out for to Somali terrorist that have been rumored to be in Mexico trying to come through with illegals and drug runners. The opposition has automatic rifles but are very open about there presence. Cartel intimidation tactics work in Mexico NOT AZ. Nogalas AZ police chief was informed that that is the next U.S city to be attacked by the cartel. This is a really f**ked up situation we are in. The news has no damn clue and the pres. wants us to provide amnesty to secure the border. I say F**k You. I pay taxes and i enjoy my state parks.

Nogalas is south of my position and in my Command area and operation area. My first mission objective is to secure an area that extends 80 miles north of the border and 40 miles along the border. There are already opposition teams in the bush that try to engage us daily. They shoot at us and we shoot back. This is not an illegal immigrate issue here in Arizona like every one is trying to say. They are right but im not scared that Juan is going to take my job. Juan cant do my job better than me.This is an invasion of America by Mexican drug lords.

The second phase of the operation will be to secure Nogalas. They use Buenos Aires more than Nogalas. When we do shut down Buenos as crossing point for them we will have to maintain that area but be ready to migrate with them to there next POE. No one will get tactical information until you are boots on the ground in Arizona ready to receive your deployment orders. I need to know your specialty’s so i can properly place you in the field you shine in.

I feel as far as money we will have to discuss that with ACM HQ to be 100% sure that no one person can destroy the account. So a joint account would be the best or stuff it into a non existent Limited Liability Company and create a business account. Security of the citizens of the U.S and the money they give to support that shall not be compromised. We will take any and every thing that will support at least a 2 month push on the border. I personally go on patrols 3 times a week and if you look on you tube you can see a lot of the issues we are dealing with first hand because Arizona Citizens hide these cameras in the desert and recover it later to post.

To be realistic we are going to need at lest 4,000 – 10,000 boots on the ground to rotate out resuplying, water carriers, etc to do any damage to them. I am sorry to every one that it has gotten this bad here and no one has mentioned any of it loudly. For i have Not been in command of this region for that long. I was second in command for a while. I have uni mogs, hummers, duces, water tanker trucks, ammo truck, weapons loading truck, fire trucks, mining equipment, generators, ventilation systems, heating systems, 24/7 motor pool available, full shop, storage facility’s, bull dozer, and some other crap. I cant keep em all maintained by my self. If you email me and i do not respond promptly im sure your first guess as to why is correct.

If you dont know why, well its because my hands are FULL! I get a lot of emails daily and some times it takes me 4 hours to read them before bed which i don’t mind one bit. I assure you that any one involved with this your safety is my first priority and this operation is not being thrown together. Every inch of every thing is going to be well planned out and executed perfectly other wise you are going to be shot by the opposition. I can not call them Mexicans or illegals of terrorist directly for im not sure which group or organization they belong to or if they are acting alone.

All i know is they cross over illegaly, carry butt tones of weed on there backs, have machine guns and dont speak english. We cannot engage unarmed people and we must take care not to shoot and armed insurgent and have the bullet go through the target and hit an unarmed person carrying drugs behind them. Alot of the time an illegal migrant worker will pay about $3000.00 American dollars to be escorted across the border. If they have no money then they must cary drugs across on there backs with 4 escorts that have high power, automatic rifes.

We will need millions of sand bags skins,tons of MRE’s, tons of ammo, tons of people, radios, medical kits, medics, i have an x ray machine, heart monitors and ekg. I have enough maintain a mobile field hospital. We need shovels and picks, water storage containers. sun block, spider and snake bite kits, sunscreen, observation equipment, video recorders, logistical specialist, and again what would you want with you on a battle field?

I Am tired so please forgive me if i blabber or repeat things. I can promise that i will have cool places for every one to relax at all over the combat area.

You wont have to be in the 110 deg. heat like the opposition all the time. I we will need extra boots, bdu, and other combat gear. The terrain will kill a good pair of Baites Combat boots in 30 days of patrols just so you know. If you choose to forward this that is fine for i thank any and all involved with this and no effort is unappreciated. If you need any more information on this please ether ask ACM HQ or me and as long
    as the information is declassified i can inform you. I love you all U.S citizens, I love this Nation, and i love this state and i will defend it with my life. I thank you all again.

PIMA – SANTA CRUZ County Commander

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Los Zetas drug cartel seizes 2 U.S. ranches in Texas

July 24, 11:18 AMSan Diego County Political Buzz ExaminerKimberly Dvora

Drug smugglers walking north into American from Mexico
    File

If you like this ...
    Drug cartels threaten to kill a U.S. Border Patrol agent over Independence Day weekend
    San Diego border remains a popular entry point for illegals
    Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives
    Arizona warns residents with signs against hiking in region near Mexico border
    Murder, kidnapping and drug activities are commonplace south of the border
    View all »

In what could be deemed an act of war against the sovereign borders of the United States, Mexican drug cartels have seized control of at least two American ranches inside the U.S. territory near Laredo, Texas.

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. “We consider this an act of war,” said one police officer on the ground near the scene. There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Word broke late last night that Laredo police have requested help from the federal government regarding the incursion by the Los Zetas. It appears that the ranch owners have escaped without incident but their ranches remain in the hands of the blood thirsty cartels.

Laredo Border Patrol is conducting aerial surveillance over the ranches to determine the best way to regain control of the U.S. ranches, according to the Laredo Police department.

The approximate location of the U.S. ranches are10 miles northwest of I-35 off Mines Road and Minerales Annex Road. Just off 1472 (Mines road) near Santa Isabel Creek north of the city of Laredo, Texas.

The Los Zetas drug cartel is an offshoot of the elite Mexican military trained in special ops. The mercenary organization is said to include members of corrupt Mexican Federales, politicians as well as drug traffickers. The group was once part of the Gulf cartel, but has since splintered and now directly competes with the Gulf cartel for premium drug smuggling routes in the Texas region.

The new leader of Los Zetas is Heriberto “El Lazca” Lazcano and is considered the most violent paramilitary group in Mexico by the DEA.

Recently the drug organization has kidnapped tourists, infiltrated local municipalities and continues to smuggle narcotics into a very hungry U.S. market.

The violence south of the border continues to spin out of control and has left Nuevo Laredo, Mexico on virtual lockdown with businesses refusing to open the doors. Last week a particularly violent attack by the Los Zetas included the use of grenades and resulted in a dozen deaths and 21 injuries.

The hostile takeover of the ranches has met with silence with local and national media; however sources say they could be waiting to report the stories once the ranches are back in U.S. control. This journalist questions if this was a Middle Eastern terrorist attack if the media would sit on their hands.

Stay tuned for updates reports throughout the weekend.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Rancher claims Mexican cartels takeover Texas ranch -Police blotter confirms story is not a hoax

August 10, 2:00 AMSan Diego County Political Buzz ExaminerKimberly Dvorak

The police blotter of the Zeta drug cartel seizure of a Laredo, Texas ranch

Kimberly Dvorak

If you like this ...
    Drug cartels threaten to kill a U.S. Border Patrol agent over Independence Day weekend
    Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives
    Mexico increases their drug war death toll to 28,000
    Drug cartels, media blackouts and more are commonplace along border
    Arizona rancher murdered by illegal immigrant who flees to Mexico
    View all »

After 16 days of denials by Laredo law enforcement and local officials regarding a Mexican drug cartel takeover of a Laredo area ranch, a Texas police blotter proves the alleged incident did in fact happen and that multiple agencies responded to the scene of a seized U.S. ranch.

Think about it for a moment.

One of the most brutal drug cartels operating in Mexico crossed the U.S. border and took a ranch from its lawful owner.

Intimidation has arrived along the southern border.

The police blotter tells the story of the events that unfolded on July 23rd;

“On Friday 7-23-10 Laredo Webb informed that their county SWAT Team is conducting an operation in the Mines Rd. area. According to LT. Garcia with LSO (Laredo Sheriff Office) received a call from a ranch owner stating that the Zetas had taken over his ranch. As per the 17 (reporting person) he informed them that they stated La Compania (area name for Zetas) was taking the ranch and no one was permitted on the ranch without permission. SO (Sheriff Office) will have an unmarked green Ford Taurus with two officers stationed at Los Compadres and a white Chevy Tahoe with two officers stationed at Mineral Rd. The LSO (Laredo Sheriff Office) will maintain surveillance in the area and advise if action is taken. Susp (suspect) Veh (vehicle) are described as a gray or silver Audi, a BLK (black) Escalade or Navigator and a van truck with a logo of a car wash spot free on the side. Border Patrol also has their response team on scene. Also known info of BMW’s and Corvettes entering and leaving the area. Auth LT Lichtenberger if assistance is requested LPD (Laredo Police Department) will secure the outer perimeter. (07/24/10 07:42:10 NR1873)”

Cartels have crossed the sovereign borders of the United States causing multiple agencies to respond and the end result was a media blackout. It’s well documented that media blackouts in Mexico are happening because the cartels are threatening reporters and news outlets with bodily harm. The question is why American law enforcement agencies are giving reporters the “We can neither confirm nor deny the incident happened line?”

It was a law enforcement officer on the scene that also confirmed the incident in fact happened and officers on the ground said they “considered this an act of war.”

The cover-up surrounding this story has reverberated throughout other federal law enforcement agencies. A recently retired ICE veteran, John Sakelarides had plenty to say about the latest U.S. incursion.

“What do you call an invasion by foreign nationals who are armed and occupy territory belonging to a sovereign nation? An act of war. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Anyone who is denying this is what has occurred and that it constitutes an act of war is either an idiot or is somehow involved in this act of war.”

He continues to say, “If they (those covering-up the story) are elected representatives or government officials and they are aware that an act of war has been perpetrated against the United States, and refuse to admit it has occurred, much less do anything about it, is violating their oath of office.”

The approximate location of the U.S. ranch taken by the Zetas was 10 miles northwest of I-35 off Mines Road and Minerales Annex Road.

The Los Zetas drug cartel is an offshoot of the elite Mexican military trained in special ops, many of whom were trained by the U.S. military. The mercenary organization is said to include members of corrupt Mexican Federales, politicians as well as drug traffickers. The group was once part of the Gulf cartel, but has splintered and now directly competes with the Gulf cartel for premium drug smuggling routes in the Texas region.

The leader of Los Zetas cartel is Heriberto “El Lazca” Lazcano and the Zetas are considered the most violent paramilitary group in Mexico by the DEA. These drug cartels routinely kidnap tourists, infiltrate local municipalities and smuggle large quantities of narcotics into the U.S. marketplace.

A media firestorm ensued after this reporter posted a story on Saturday July 24, 2010. Now that the story is corroborated, it will be up to local media to track down what events took place after the Zetas seized a U.S ranch.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Calderon challenges parties to decide if Mexico should withdraw from fighting crime

El mandatario federal reconoció que su estrategia ante el crimen ha sido cuestionada y expresó su disposición a fortalecerla y rectificarla. Lo que pido, afirmó, son ideas claras y propuestas precisas. (2010-08-10)

Mexico City, D.F. – President Felipe Calderon challenged political party leaders to proclaim publicly if Mexico should withdraw from its war against organized crime.

In a dialogue with all the political parties in Mexico, the PRI, PRD, PAN, Convergencia, Nueva Alianza and the Partido Verde, and Senator Arturo Escobar, Calderon challenged the leaders to decide if the federal mandate and the strategy against crime should be questioned. And, he (Calderon) asked them to express their commitment with clear objectives and proposals.

“Declare openly and publicly if the state (of Mexico) should continue to fight and complete what needs to be done to preserve the foundation of the republic. If anyone feels that the government is in error in its fight against criminality, now is your opportunity to declare that openly and sincerely,” says the presidential mandate.

http://www.cambiodemichoacan.com.mx/....php?id=131281

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Arizona Sheriff: Border Patrol Has Retreated from Parts of Border Because It’s ‘Too Dangerous’
    August 13, 2010

Sheriff Larry Dever of Cochise County, Ariz., one of four Arizona counties contiguous with the U.S-Mexico border, said Friday that the U.S. Border Patrol has pulled back from parts of the border in his and neighboring counties because manning those areas has become too dangerous.

“And you frankly have Border Patrolmen--and I know this from talking to Border Patrol agents—who will not allow their agents to work on the border because it is too dangerous,” Dever told CNSNews.com in a videotaped interview. “Now what kind of message is that for crying out loud?”

Dever, a native of Cochise County, has been in local law enforcement in the county for three decades. He was elected the county sheriff in 1996.

Dever stressed that the Border Patrolmen are ready and willing to perform their mission of securing the border, but that Border Patrol managers had determined that in “some places” the danger was too great and they wanted to avoid the risk of an international incident such as a cross-border firefight.

“Now, I am telling you, the agents, you give them a mission, you tell them what you want them to do, they will go do it,” said Dever. “I mean, these guys for the most part are warriors, they are soldiers.

“Then you have middle management and upper management that says: No, it’s too dangerous right there and we’re going to cause an international incident if there’s shooting across the line, back and forth,” said Dever.

“Well, I say: Come, bring it on. Let’s cause the international incident,” he said.

Dever said there were places where the Border Patrol had pulled back from the border in his county and in neighboring areas both in Arizona and New Mexico.

He pointed out that in Pinal County, 70 miles north of the border, the Bureau of Land Management has put up a sign along a drug smuggling corridor to warn American citizens away from the region because it is too dangerous.

CNSNews.com provided Customs and Border Protection with a transcript of Sheriff Dever's statement about the Border Patrol pulling back from parts of the border in his area because it is too dangerous.

"There are areas down there in the Tucson Sector where for officer safety reasons, officers aren’t up on the line. For whatever reason--it may be a remote area," said a CBP spokesperson. "We still have the means to detect entry, whether it is a sensor or a scoped vehicle. So the entry is detected, but the apprehension of the undocumented migrant isn’t affected until they reach a safe area.”

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Fear Mexican Cartel Violence Headed to U.S.
    July 3, 2010

Twenty-one died in cartel violence Thursday night in Tubutama, a small Mexican town, just 12 miles south of the Nogales, United States border. And, now, many are saying it's just a matter of time before that sort of violence explodes in southern Arizona.

In Tucson, several lawmakers commented on the impact of the violence.

"The cartels are obviously getting really good with their aim. And, they are killing more efficiently," facetiously said Republican State Senator Frank Antenori, who continued, "I'm waiting for any day now. That violence is coming! I mean, how many times do you have to get hit in the head with a brick? I mean the federal government is not getting the message."

Republican State Representative believes that message has already been delivered too late, "It's (the violence) has already happened. Look what happened two and a half months ago with the Pinal County Sheriff's Deputy getting ambushed. The war is already 80 miles north of the border and 40 miles south of Phoenix."

Those opposed to the new Arizona immigration law say that, despite the Mexican violence, the real villain is Governor Jan Brewer.

Today, protestors gathered in front of the state building in Tucson and carried signs of the governor that compare her to Adolph Hitler.

"I don't want to see Americans die. But, I'm from San Diego and border patrol there just beat to death a Mexican. So, it goes both ways," said Lee Van Ham.

Senator Antenori countered, adding, "How many Americans need to die? 30-40? I mean, what's the magic number? How many Americans need to die? It's disappointing!"

Thanks

Mexican cartel blockades streets in Monterrey

14 August 2010 Last updated at 17:20 ET

So-called narco-blockades are becoming increasingly common in Monterrey

Police in Mexico say members of a drug cartel blocked off at least 13 major roads in Monterrey on Saturday.

Drivers were dragged out of their vehicles by armed men and their cars used to cut off the roads in the north-eastern city.

The blockade happened after a shootout between the Mexican army and alleged members of a drug cartel, in which four people were killed.

Police say the cartels blockade the streets as a show of force.

Security forces said the shootout happened in the south of the city, when soldiers on patrol chased two armoured cars they deemed suspicious.

One of the armoured cars crashed and its occupants opened fire on the soldiers.

Four of them were shot as they tried to flee on foot, a fifth escaped.
    Local media say one of those killed was the man known as El Sonrics, the alleged local leader of one of Mexico's most powerful and violent drug cartels.

El Sonrics is said to have taken over as leader of Los Zetas in Monterrey after soldiers captured Hector Raul Luna Luna in June.

Monterrey, the richest city in Mexico and its industrial capital, has seen a sharp increase in crime since Los Zetas extended their operations there.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Mexico TV station Televisa hit by blasts

15 August 2010 Last updated at 16:40 ET

Attacks on the media in Mexico are becoming increasingly frequent.

Officials from Mexico's largest television network Televisa say an explosive device went off in front of their station in the northern city of Monterrey.

The attack followed a similar incident at their studios in Matamoros, in the north-east, just hours earlier.

While the blasts caused some damage to buildings, no one was injured.
    Human rights groups say Mexico is one of the world's most dangerous countries for reporters.

Dangerous profession

Last month, two Televisa journalists were kidnapped, along with two colleagues from other media, when they were covering corruption allegations at a prison in Durango state.

The kidnappers reportedly demanded that the TV stations the men worked for broadcast a series of videos accusing local officials of ties with a drug cartel.

Televisa cancelled one of its news programmes in protest at the kidnapping.

The host of the Starting Point show said the team was not willing to go on air while journalists had to run enormous risks to cover the news.

Two of the journalists were later freed and the other two rescued.

Monterrey, the richest city in Mexico and its industrial capital, has seen a sharp increase in crime since one of the country's most violent drug gangs extended its operations there.

On Saturday, alleged members of the Zetas cartel blocked off at least 13 major roads in Monterrey.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

The Juarez cartel trains "pretty ladies" as killers

TUESDAY AUGUST 17, 2010 | http://www.blogdelnarco.com/

The armed wing of the Juarez drug cartel, which operates on the border of Mexico andUnited States, Recruited and trained dozens of young, pretty women as killers, said a gunman hired by the organization after being captured.

“They are pretty good-looking teenagers, to trick their opponents more"Said the alleged member of the organization of La Linea, Rogelio Amaya, to a chamber of the federal Public Security Secretariat (SSP).

This gang has between 20 and 30 women, mostly pretty and 18 to 30 years, trained to kill, he said.

Amaya was arrested last week along with four other alleged members of La Linea, accused of killing two police officersCiudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico's most violent city.

These women, according to Amaya, are already part of the "commandos" of the line, to fight against the gunmen of the Sinaloa cartel for controlCiudad Juarez, An important step in drugs, weapons and money.

"Most are teenagers," said in his statement to the camera. The detainee said he did not know the person that recruit.

Women are trained by other members of the band on its own field of operations. They "accompany other thugs" when performing a criminal act, said Amaya, 27 years of age.

"We have done several jobs," he said. "They have long or short arms. (...) They are accompanied by men, they were down to do the job. "

He explained that each cell Line has several divisions: Falcons (informants), assassins and extortionists, and "nobody can get into something else."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Apparently there was a shootout along the border yesterday or day before (I don't have details as of yet) which sent bullets flying into El Paso, causing the shutdown of the highway that goes by the Rio Grande.

At least seventeen rounds found a mark in various buildings around the area. There was a pitched gun battle between Federal troops in Mexico and some drug cartel people.

I don't have any other information at this time.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Texas slams Obama after Mexico border gun battles

Aug 23 09:22 PM US/Eastern

A Border Patrol vehicle is seen along the US-Mexico frontier. Texas Governo...

Texas Governor Rick Perry has accused President Barack Obama of "gambling with American lives" after a bullet believed to be from a gun battle in Mexico hit a building in the US state. "For the second time in two months, bullets from a gun battle in the escalating drug war in Juarez have struck a building in El Paso," Perry said.

Borderzine.com, a website belonging to the University of Texas in El Paso, said the incident occurred Saturday and a single bullet hit a building belonging to the university.

No injuries were reported, but Perry said the federal government's failure to reinforce the border with Mexico was endangering US lives.

"It is unconscionable that the Obama administration is gambling with American lives," the Republican governor said.

"It's time for Washington to stop the rhetoric and immediately deploy a significance force of personnel and resources to the border."

Perry noted that in June, a number of bullets believed to be from a gun battle in Ciudad Juarez hit a building in El Paso, and that a car and a building at the University of Texas-Brownsville were similarly hit a year ago.

Texas, like a number of US states on the border with Mexico, has expressed increasing concern about the drug trafficking-related violence raging next door.

The battle between drug cartels fighting over lucrative smuggling routes and Mexican government operations against the gangs have left some 28,000 people dead since December 2006.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Maybe... just MAYBE we ought to offer some assistance to Mexican Federal authorities and go in and clean up?

That would be the RIGHT thing to do.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Mexico gunbattle spurs U.S. warning

Updated 16h 13m ago |

By Chris Hawley, USA TODAY

MEXICO CITY — The U.S. State Department was urging its employees Tuesday to keep their children home from a school popular with Americans after a shootout nearby in the northern city of Monterrey, the latest in a wave of violence.

The shootout near the American School Foundation of Monterrey resulted in the deaths of two security guards at the nearby offices of a Mexican bottling company. Four other security guards were kidnapped in the shootout by what police said were drug smugglers. They were later released.

U.S. Ambassador Carlos Pascual urged consulate workers to keep their children home while U.S. officials study the security situation around the school, the U.S. Consulate said in a written statement.

"It is incumbent on all of us to take measures to reduce exposure to risk and enhance personal security," the consulate said.

Officials at the school declined to comment Tuesday. The U.S. Embassy said that there was no firm timeline for the security review and that the decision to send children to school would rest with parents.

The American School has about 600 students from kindergarten through 12th grade, 90% of them Mexican, according to the school's website.
    The shootout Friday appeared to be a case of mistaken identity, said Alejandro Garza, the attorney general of Nuevo León.

Two security guards were patrolling in a vehicle outside the offices of bottling company Fomento Económico Mexicano S.A., better known as FEMSA, when they came across two vehicles driven by drug cartel hit men. The cartel members apparently mistook the guards for rivals and held them at gunpoint. When other guards came to help, the drug smugglers opened fire, Garza said.

"We are outraged that innocent people ... have been caught up in the violence that reigns in our city," FEMSA said in a statement.

Drug violence has worsened recently around Monterrey as the Gulf Cartel and their former allies, the Zetas, battle police and each other for control of smuggling routes. Hit men have started blocking Monterrey's streets with stolen trucks to slow down police as they carry out attacks.

On Aug. 15, the Televisa TV station in Monterrey was attacked with grenades. On Aug. 16, hit men killed the mayor of Santiago, about 20 miles from Monterrey.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

US man killed by Mexican soldiers near Acapulco

By SERGIO FLORES and ALEXANDRA OLSON / Associated Press Writers
    Posted: 08/23/2010 02:10:06 PM MDT

ACAPULCO, Mexico (AP) - A Mexican soldier said that a U.S. citizen attacked an army convoy and was killed when troops shot him in self-defense outside the resort city of Acapulco, a police official said.

The man's father said Monday that he found it hard to believe.

An army lieutenant told police that Joseph Proctor opened fire on a military convoy with an AR-15 rifle, forcing the soldiers to shoot back, said Domingo Olea, a police investigator in the western state of Guerrero, where Acapulco is located.

Olea provided no further details on Proctor, who was found dead in his car early Sunday.

A Defense Department official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the case, said the army was investigating the lieutenant's claim. The official said Proctor might have been a passenger in the car, although nobody else was found with him at the scene.

Proctor's father, William Proctor, said he did not know of his son being involved in any illegal activity and did not believe he would have owned a gun or attacked soldiers.

"I doubt that. Joseph had a temper but he didn't use guns," Proctor said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press from his home in Auburn, New York.

William Proctor said Joseph, 32, had lived off and on in Mexico for at least six years. He said his son had been in the process of divorcing his wife in Georgia and lived with a girlfriend and their young son in Mexico. He said he had little

contact with his son and was unsure what Joseph did in Mexico but that he had worked in landscaping in the U.S. He said Joseph had sometimes complained about being pulled over by Mexican security forces looking for bribes.

"He would get mad when the police pulled him over looking for payoffs," Proctor said.

Olea said the Mexican girlfriend, Liliana Gil Vargas, identified Proctor's body. She gave Mexican authorities identification papers that listed Proctor as a resident of Georgia.

In brief comments to Mexican reporters, Gil said she last saw Proctor on Saturday night when he went out to run an errand at a convenience store in Barra de Coyuca, a community outside of Acapulco.

Gil said the couple had been living in the central state of Puebla, near Mexico City, but had moved to Barra de Coyuca four months ago.

Joseph Proctor's mother, Donna Proctor, declined to speak to the AP when reached by telephone at her home in Hicksville, N.Y.

A U.S. Embassy spokeswoman said consular officials in Acapulco had been in contact with Proctor's family and were providing assistance to repatriate his body. The spokeswoman declined to be named, in line with Embassy policy.

Soldiers frequently come under attack from drug-trafficking gangs in the Acapulco area and there have been cases across Mexico of innocent bystanders dying in the crossfire between soldiers and drug gangs, or of soldiers opening fire on civilians who failed to stop at checkpoints.

The military has faced mounting allegations of human-rights abuses since President Felipe Calderon deployed thousands of soldiers in 2006 to fight drug traffickers in their strongholds.

In November 2009, American Lizbeth Marin was shot to death in the Mexican border city of Matamoros. Mexican newspapers reported that Marin was hit by a stray bullet fired by a soldier participating in a raid.

More recently, two Mexican university students were killed in March in the crossfire of a shootout between gunmen and soldiers outside the gates of their campus in the northern city of Monterrey.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

San Juan kidnapping may have been mistaken identity

by Katie Lopez
    Posted: 08.23.2010 at 7:23 PM

She was blindfolded, thrown into the back of a black pick-up, and taken across the border to Reynosa.

San Juan police said they received the call about the kidnapping around 6:30 Sunday afternoon.

They told Action 4 news the 18-year-olds parents were the ones that reported her missing, after they received phone calls from the teen that her captors wanted money.

San Juan police told Action 4 news the 18-year-old girl was walking to a friend’s house when she was taken, in broad daylight, and held captive in Mexico.

"There was some request for ransom money," said San Juan Police Chief Juan Gonzalez.

He said no money was given, but they continued to communicate with the frightened teen throughout the night.

"She was distraught and scared,” said Gonzalez.

San Juan police along with the FBI and Hidalgo County Sheriff Department worked though out the night to bring the frightened girl home.

Unfortunately they had to all of that without the help of Mexican officials.

(Excerpt) Read more at http://www.valleycentral.com...

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information