Thread: Dishonesty In The Media Is Everywhere - Even C2C

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Dishonesty In The Media Is Everywhere - Even C2C

At KJ97 - a local radio station here in town - a female DJ interviewed Rosanne Barr. The spot is about 1 minute long. Rosanne talked about being in Vegas, how great it was, etc. I’ve heard this interview probably 4 times in the last month.

So last night, I’m listening to George Noory. And on comes the interview with Rosanne.

Except…

George was asking the questions, and Rosanne was responding exactly as she did in the original KJ97 interview.

It sounded like they just edited out the female KJ97 interviewer, and inserted George.

So now I have to wonder exactly who was the original interviewer, and just how rampant is this practice?

That sucks, and I think that is completely dishonest.

You read that, George?

Thanks

Default Re: Dishonesty In The Media Is Everywhere - Even C2C

I would consider that less than honest to the listeners at a minimum.

Taking someone else's work, tweaking it, attempting to pass it off as your own? In school my teacher would have given me an "F" and called it plagerisim.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

That "interview" is an advertisement for Tahiti Village, a time share on the strip. As an ad, its not subject to the same standards of media scrutiny, but it is misleading.

Tanya Roberts also does these promo 'interview' ads, but apparently that was not providing enough interest, so Barr is now the tool to use as well. Go figure. Its just a time share.

Google "Tahiti village" for more info, commentary and such.

The dishonest part is presenting this ad as a real interview.

Thanks

Ah, ok. Good to know, thanks.

Thanks

Yep - that's the one Phil.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Taking someone else's work, tweaking it, attempting to pass it off as your own? In school my teacher would have given me an "F" and called it plagerisim.
    In my high school, it would get you expelled!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    Tanya Roberts also does these promo 'interview' ads, but apparently that was not providing enough interest, so Barr is now the tool to use as well. Go figure. Its just a time share.
    This...

Over this?!?!?!

Someone in their marketing department needs tarred and feathered and then run out of town on a rail!!!

Thanks

Rosanne Barr is one of the most vile people I've seen.

Her National Anthem act was the final straw.

Thanks

One other thing about this... If Rossane didn't give her permission, then she can sue them for using her voice.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Oh and Roseanne apologized for that National Anthem thing too. She said she was just trying to be funny, and she really CAN'T sing well, so it wasn't so much intentional to insult Americans as it was to insult herself.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

That's true, and I had forgotten she apologized.

Which leads me to believe her humor is absolutely gross.

Thanks

Well, I never said she had good humor. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

HOLY COW!

Look at her green eyes.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell me about it!

In all honesty that is an older picture but from what I've seen of more recent ones, I think she is still just as attractive!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

What I meant is Tanya Roberts doesn't have the larger base of fame. Barr does. Granted, Barr has said and done some vile things, but like Monk was boycotted after 9-11, he is now back on teh air and populoar enough to garner viewership.

The tide has changed as discontent has grown over Iraq and the war on terror in general. The spin has been running so tiht and wild that it has become perceived fact.

Unrelated, but a decent example. I know a guy here in DC who is a smart as smart can be and he is truly a decent guy. We had not touched on the WTC or 9-11 in discussion until recently and it turns out he has taken the suggestion of Thermite being used in the WTC as fact. That suggestion has been proven wrong, but he missed that I guess, and I plan to present this. He is smart enough to value facts.

btw, he has a general healthy questioning manner toward government and to me that is good as blind faith in the governmental body gets people into trouble since not all representatives represent all peoples correctly.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Shocking: CNN Anchors Pretend They’re Having A “Satellite Interview” Even Though They’re In

Posted about 18 hours ago | 2 comments

In a bizarre television and spatial anomaly on CNN (Tuesday, May 7, 2013) the blanket coverage of two true-crime stories led two news anchors to conduct an odd “satellite” interview from the very same parking lot, background traffic and all. The two suspects are Ashleigh Banfield of CNN and Nancy Grace of Headline News, who were updating viewers on the latest from the ongoing and increasingly ugly Cleveland kidnapping story. (Grace being TV’s leading expert on deviant crime.) At first it seems like a normal TV “remote,” as Banfield interviews Grace from another location. Then the channel’s graphics alert viewers: both anchors are in Phoenix. That’s odd. Also: They’re both outdoors, sitting in what looks to be a parking lot. And is that same building behind them?

Then things truly get bizarre. Watch the cars moving in the background of both shots:

Did you see it? Watch the Jeep from Ashley’s side enter on Nancy’s:

Okay, if you’re still not seeing it, look for the moment when the same bus is in both shots.

It seems that Grace and Banfield are sitting in the same parking lot, facing in the same direction, and judging by the speed of the vehicles in their shots, they cannot be sitting more than 30 feet away from each other. Yet, they’re behaving as if the are on opposite sides of the world. Here’s an artist’s representation of the warp in space time punditry.

To be fair to Grace and Banfield, they are on two different networks (though they share the same parent company and probably wouldn’t be talking to each other if they were true competitors), and cable TV news often features “remote” split-screen interviews with hosts and guests, even when they’re in the same building. And Grace and Banfield are both in Phoenix to cover another sensational true-crime tale, the Jody Arias murder case. But despite being on sister stations and the fact Grace would literally only need to walk a few brisk steps to join Banfield on the same camera, the two broadcast teams remain hopelessly torn apart.

Later, Banfield would conduct another interview (this time about Arias) with another Headline News host who was in a different location than Grace, but still in the same parking lot; plus a third HLN regularsomewhere else in the Phoenix area. (Also, outdoors and presumably close by.) And don’t forget the CNN reporter who is standing across the street from her, waiting in front of the courthouse. A four-headed interview with four people in the exact same city covering the exact same story on at least three different programs on two different networks owned by the same company. So much for corporate synergy.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information