Thread: U.S.: N. Korea nuclear files appear complete

Thanks

Default U.S.: N. Korea nuclear files appear complete

U.S.: N. Korea nuclear files appear complete
    MSNBC ^ | Tues. May. 13, 2008

WASHINGTON - A preliminary review of thousands of nuclear documents turned over to the United States by North Korea shows they appear to be a complete accounting of their plutonium production, U.S. officials said Tuesday. While translation and analysis of the 18,822 Korean-language documents is still under way, officials said an early look indicates they include full details of North Korea's plutonium program dating back to 1986. The officials cautioned, however, that a full assessment is not done and experts are still poring through the files. "It appears to be a complete set," said Sung Kim, the U.S. diplomat who traveled to North Korea to pick up the documents in seven large boxes and returned to Washington on Monday. He said a full review by an interagency team from the departments of State, Energy and intelligence organizations would take several weeks. The documents include daily operational logs, production notes and receipts, he told reporters. "These documents are an important first step," Kim said. 'Looks pretty good'

(Excerpt) Read more at msnbc.msn.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: U.S.: N. Korea nuclear files appear complete

Yea, I saw that on FR. I just don't believe it. N. Korea has waaaaay too much history of deception and outright malicious intent. I just don't believe it.

Thanks

Default Re: U.S.: N. Korea nuclear files appear complete

I subscribed to this thread so that I can find it quickly when the time comes to post, "Looks like you were right Toad..."

I'm guessing it wouldn't be all that hard to force some Koreans to write up some logs and notes "showing" that you're following the rules

Thread Information