Thread: Senator Edward Kennedy

Thanks

Default Senator Edward Kennedy

Breaking News......Brain Tumor

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Senator Edward Kennedy

Yep... Just saw it on Fox.

My first thought was "YAY! It's about damn time!".

I know, not very Christian but, Patriots should cheer when a tyrant falls. I do hope Mary Jo is getting a kick out of it.

Thanks

When he had his seizures on Sunday I think it was, I was thinking the same thing too, Ryan....
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I would think at Kennedys age retirement should be manditory with this type ailment. But I suppose there are many lifetime senators of which the same could be said.

Don't mean to be crude, but perhaps this is just karma for old Joe's lobotomy of other child.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I would think at Kennedys age retirement should be manditory with this type ailment. But I suppose there are many lifetime senators of which the same could be said.

Don't mean to be crude, but perhaps this is just karma for old Joe's lobotomy of other child.
    Oooh, good call!

And I agree on mandatory retirement. We don't need people like Ted Kennedy or Robert Byrd running ruining our country!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

I feel sorry for the Kennedy family, as they sure have tough times ahead.

As for Ted - I have zero pity for him.

I hope in the not too distant future Mary Jo has the opportunity to give him a good swift kick in the nuts.

Thanks

I was talking to some of my friends about this. I started studying the idea of renting a couple buses. Put several kegs of beer on it. And then sell tickets for a ride to Mary Jo's murderer's grave. Depending upon the price of the tickets, my friends and I think we could fill at least two and half buses.

Maybe we could start a business out of this? I gotta go. I am going to reserve www.PissOnTed'sGrave.com now.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

May the Senator be remembered for his deeds...

Kennedy Offered to Help Soviets Thwart U.S. Policies, KGB Papers Show
    While Soviet troops occupied Afghanistan in 1980, Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) worked in close concert with high level Kremlin officials to alter the direction of U.S. policy, according to documents made available through a KGB defector.

Details concerning Kennedy's correspondence with KGB agents are included in the writings of the late Vasiliy Mitrokhin who defected to Britain in 1992. The Mitrokhin papers highlight a meeting that took place at the behest of Kennedy between former Sen. John Tunney (D-Calif.) and KGB agents in Moscow on March 5, 1980.

The exchange of information between Tunney and the KGB is included as part of a report Mitrokhin filed with the Cold War International History Project of the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington D.C. The former KGB man continued to work with British intelligence until the time of his death.

Noted Cold War author and researcher Herbert Romerstein told Cybercast News Service Mitrokhin was a "highly credible source" with vast knowledge of the now-closed KGB archives.

Prior to his defection, Mitrokhin made meticulous copies of KGB documents by hand, explained Romerstein, who headed the U.S. government's Office to Counter Soviet Disinformation and Active Measures during the 1980s.

The KGB defector smuggled out six cases of notes that formed the basis of his reporting.

The KGB files Mitrokhin retrieved indicate that Kennedy fixed the blame for heightened international tensions on the Carter White House, not on the Kremlin. Kennedy at the time was challenging incumbent Carter for the Democratic nomination for president.

Tunney told his KGB counterparts that Kennedy was impressed by the foreign policy statements made by then General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev. Kennedy saw in Brezhnev a leader who was firmly committed to the policy of "d�tente," the report said.

But, in Kennedy's estimation, the Carter administration had assumed an overly belligerent posture toward the Soviet Union after the invasion of Afghanistan, Mitrokhin wrote.

In Kennedy's view, "the atmosphere of tension and hostility towards the whole Soviet people was being fuelled by Carter" as well as by some key advisors, the Pentagon and the U.S. military industrial complex, the Mitrokhin report states.

Throughout the meeting Tunney remained focused on the separation between Kennedy's proposals and the official stance of the Carter White House. While official U.S. policy called for the withdrawal of Soviet forces from Afghanistan, Kennedy avoided "touching the question of the legality of the presence of Soviet troops," Mitrokhin reported.

Instead, Kennedy relayed through his envoy, Tunney, his support for a withdrawal of Soviet forces that would be coupled with policy directives that "guaranteed non-interference" by competing foreign powers in the internal affairs of Afghanistan.

Since there was intense disagreement between Kennedy and the administration on policy toward the Soviets, Tunney told the KGB that the Massachusetts senator had concluded "it was his duty to take action himself, which could force the Carter administration to act to de-escalate the crisis," Mitrokhin wrote.

In 1980 Kennedy lost to Carter in the Democratic primary, and the incumbent in turn lost to Ronald Reagan in the general election.

As was previously reported by the Cybercast News Service Kennedy also subsequently made overtures to Soviet officials aimed at thwarting Reagan's military buildup in the 1980s.

Kennedy had offered to help the Soviets organize a public relations campaign in the U.S. that would dilute support for Reagan's policies. Once again, it was Tunney who traveled to Moscow on Kennedy's behalf to relay the senator's proposals.

The particulars of Kennedy's proposals are discussed in a letter dated May 14, 1983, that was sent from the head of the KGB to Yuri Andropov, who was then general secretary. Romerstein acquired a copy of the letter from a contact in Moscow who had access to the Kremlin archives.

"The letter speaks to the degree of opposition and the lack of understanding liberals like Kennedy had toward Reagan's policies," said Lee Edwards, a distinguished fellow at the Heritage Foundation.

"Reagan knew we had to build up our armed forces before we could apply pressure to the Soviets." The notion of fighting to win the Cold War was an alien concept to liberals like Kennedy, Edwards added, because they had grown accustomed to the policies of containment.

A copy of the letter is reproduced in a new book entitled "The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism." The author, Paul Kengor is a professor of political science at Grove City College.

The pattern of behavior should concern members of both political parties, Kengor said, because it shows Kennedy was willing to work against American foreign policy, regardless of who occupied the White House.

In his book, Kengor points out that Tunney acknowledged making 15 separate trips to the Soviet Union where he acted as an intermediary not only for Kennedy but for other U.S. senators.

'Clear violation'

Charles Dunn, dean of the Robertson School of Government at Regent University, told Cybercast News Service Kennedy's activities were in "clear violation of the U.S. Constitution and at the expense of presidential authority."

The secret overtures to the KGB during the Reagan years were particularly insidious, Dunn said, because Tunney and Kennedy were working to undermine what ultimately proved to be a very successful policy that brought an end to the Cold War.

"If another country gets the idea that it can deal outside of official channels then that undermines presidential leadership," he said.

For his part, Romerstein said that Kennedy, and other senators, may have violated the Logan Act, which has been on the books since 1799, but is rarely enforced. The law prohibits American citizens from engaging in private diplomacy with a foreign government with the intention of influencing public policy.

At the same time, however, Romerstein cautions against viewing Kennedy as an agent for the Soviets. Instead, he said, it is appropriate to label him a "collaborationist" who sought out Soviet contacts to advance his own interests, not theirs.

When Kennedy spoke highly of Soviet leaders like Brezhnev and Andropov, he may have been "pretending," in an attempt to curry favor, Romerstein said.

"He [Kennedy] was no more loyal to the Soviets than he was to the United States.," Romerstein said.

Kennedy's office was contacted but declined to comment on the communication the senator had with the KGB, as reported in the Mitrokhin papers.

Thanks

Ryan!

HEAR HEAR!!

Great post

Hey liberal!

Thanks

As I've said before, Kennedy was a COMMIE.
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

My understanding is his tumor is in an area of the brain that involves the reasoning process, so I wonder (not unkindly) how long this has been growing in his head and if it could have been clouding his judgment of late. Certainly, if this is indeed a tumor that affects reason, he ought to step down. Age itself should not be a factor, but term maxes are not a bad idea.

Oh btw, is it possible his decision to back Obama was a clouded one? Perhaps he would have sided with McCain.

Thanks

Hello Phil,

Lord Knows Ted owes Mac one. I don't know if the tumor caused any malfunction in Ted's decision making process to support Hussein. Maybe some, who knows. But I am dang sure of this: Kennedy's judgment has been foul for a long time. Consider this is Ryan's post above:

Tunney told his KGB counterparts that Kennedy was impressed by the foreign policy statements made by then General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev. Kennedy saw in Brezhnev a leader who was firmly committed to the policy of "d�tente," the report said.

I don't know about you, but there aint nothing no commie ever said that impressed me. Do you think Ted was probably pickled then or did he have a tumor?

And I gotta git this off my chest:

just because a body is near death, does not mean I have to say what a great person the body was. If I don't respect you before you are on your death bed, don't expect me to change my mind because you gotta go see Mary Jo now. Ted is a murdering commie bastard and that should always be remembered. He is no John Kennedy, that is for sure.

Could you hear Ted cryin' out these words:

We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to ensure the success and survival of liberty.

?

No, wait, I hear something coming from Ted's death bed:

We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to ensure the success and survival of the Communist Party.

Those words I can hear coming out of Ted's mouth. Matter of fact, I can hear it from Hussien's, Hillaryious's, Nancy Peloser's, Scarry Reid's, Kohn Kerry's, Coward Dean's, and well over half of Hollyweird's mouth. I don't respect any of these people today. And you can pretty much bank on the fact that I won't respect them when they are gone. I don't have to. I don't wish no ill on them, but I won't feel bad about them when they are gone.

I had to get that off my chest. I am not aiming it at you. I watched FNC the other day and for hours they went on about how great a man he was. HORSEHOCKEY!!! I don't have to accept that crap. I have my mind set on what kind of a man he is, and I don't think there is anything people can say to change it. If he goes, they need to show the good and bad of that man's life and let people decide on their own.

Thanks for listening and letting me git that off my chest.

Later,

Beetle

Hey liberal!

Thanks

After reading the posts made here and on other boards it's been well established that not many like or give a rats damn if he dies. But he's not finished yet as this article gives us a view of whats to come....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...take_seat.html

Ted Kennedy: I'd like wife to take seat

BY IAN BISHOP
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 4:00 AM

Ted Kennedy has made clear to confidants that when his time is up, he wants his Senate seat to stay in the family - with his wife, Vicki.

Multiple sources in Massachusetts with close ties to the liberal lion say his wife of 16 years has long been his choice to continue carrying the family flame in the Senate. Kennedy won the seat in 1962; his brother John held it from 1953 to 1960.

"There's no question that he'd like Vicki to continue in his seat," said one Massachusetts Democrat with ties to the Camelot clan who spoke to Kennedy recently, before his health crisis.

"She's smart, and smart politically."

The 54-year-old Victoria Reggie Kennedy, a former hotshot Washington lawyer, is a Louisiana native and the daughter of a politically active judge.

She was hailed for holding the family together when John F. Kennedy Jr. was killed in a plane crash in 1999.

By favoring his wife, Kennedy, 76, is bypassing his late brother Robert Kennedy's eldest son, Joe, a former congressman.

Joe Kennedy has been maligned publicly for a messy divorce and close ties with Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez, who assists his Boston-based fuel company for the poor.

Under current Massachusetts law, his successor for the rest of his term, which ends in 2012, would be picked by special election. State rules that allowed the governor to pick a temporary replacement were changed in 2004 when John Kerry was the presidential nominee and the Democratic state legislature feared then-GOP Gov. Mitt Romney would appoint a fellow Republican if Kerry won.

Political pros, however, say a dying Kennedy's endorsement of Vicki would likely carry enormous weight with state voters.

It's not yet clear how long he will stay in the Senate while battling a usually fatal cancer.

Jag

Thanks

I see another "Kennedy conspiracy" with all this... "Who killed Ted Kennedy?" when it comes around, "Was the government or CIA responsible for his tumor, like with his brothers' deaths?"

Or "Late Ted Kennedy left secret messages behind about his murderer".

God....

I don't want to listen to that crap any more
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Jag,

it's like herpes! You cant git rid of it!!

Rick,

The secret message is Castro tried to warn Ted that they would do to Ted what they did to him.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

*thinks of something appropriate, remembers Bobby's elegy* (Wait, this is Ted....)

He saw whining and tried to drink it, he saw virtue and tried to ***k it....

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Beetle,

I harbor no trust or liking for Ted. I am just considering the current domestic issues without my feelings on the man in play.

I know the man is a dirtbag and communist in Democrat clothing. Seems to me that is a current trend with many mainstream Dems. However, in relation to Ted, I truly figure he'll be dead, but I shrug his "loss" when he dies.

Thanks

me too Phil.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Breaking news.

He croaked.

Good riddance to a murderer.

He was NOT his brother. He wasn't like JFK.

He killed a woman - whom he probably shouldn't even have been with it, apologized for her death and went on to become a powerful Senator. Ted Kennedy is EXACTLY how we see our politicians in America and exactly why people say things like "They are all the same, they are all liars, cheats, take bribes and get away with murder."

Oh, am I sounding mean and evil right now?

GOOD!

The Liberals in America have wished evil things on Right leaning Americans for a long time. Now it's their turn to deal with some savage remarks from our side.

I'm sick of people telling me "You can't talk like that!"

I'll damned well fucking talk however I fucking want to talk. This is the United States of America and if I want to spew fire and anger over the left trying to turn my country into a Socialist Empire, I damned WELL WILL!

If someone thinks they can "shut me up"... I fucking DARE you.

Good riddance to Teddy "I killed Mary Jo" Kennedy. Fat assed Liberal Piece of Shit.

God will judge you now, maggot, I don't have to. I might go to hell for my speech, but I'll at least get some satisfaction in knowing that Fat Ted will be there with me.

Now....

That said, I will say this. Kennedy was a powerful man in the Senate. Why? Because people GAVE him that power. Americans. VOTERS. He's not anointed as a King. He wasn't given the keys to the Kingdom. There is NO Kingdom.

He served at the whim of the people... admittedly STUPID people who kept re-electing him because, like the crap Obama put forth in his campaign, people were smitten with the man. We should NOT be "looking up" to politicians. We should be LOOKING down on them unless they do great deeds.

Helping the homeless out of their own pockets IS a great deed. Helping the homeless to the money in MY pockets is thievery.

Doing time in the military, Reserves is doing a great deed. Cutting the military, defense budgets, stopping Missile Defense is a CRIME.

The people who looked up to, and gave Kennedy his power are clueless Americans who see things through the eyes of Liberalism, utopianism. They are not real people, they are from books like 1984.... they want to Orwellianize you.

It is TIME America, to start standing up for your rights. To shut down those who would remove your rights.

Shout them down everywhere. Stop them by being louder. Use their OWN TACTICS on them. Go and check out Alinsky's works if you don't believe me. They've been using that crap for years and the Right has stood there and taken it... to cowed to say anything.

FIGHT BACK.

Kennedy is gone.

Do NOT let anyone like him EVER get in office again - or remain in office.

It's time to clean house. When the election comes around, REMOVE THEM!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

good riddance to teddy "i killed mary jo" kennedy. Fat assed liberal piece of shit.

God will judge you now, maggot, i don't have to. I might go to hell for my speech, but i'll at least get some satisfaction in knowing that fat ted will be there with me.
    +100
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information