Thread: Illegal left U-turn from the right lane

Thanks

Default Illegal left U-turn from the right lane

Went to see Thor over the weekend and it was too crowded so we went home and caught this on the way back. In my 35 years of driving, I think this is a first.

Last edited by Malsua; November 20th, 2017 at 18:24.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Illegal left U-turn from the right lane

Wow... That's a new one on me.

You know, I should really start pulling some of the stuff I've caught on my dash cam. Nothing dramatic yet but plenty of idiocy. Lots of left lane camping...

I did catch a suspicious individual at a rural bank location I was at to do some work. I was there early before the branch opened as I had to be there first thing. It was raining and this guy was wearing sun glasses and a plain black ball cap, waiting right outside the lobby door. At one point he looked up and either saw me looking at him or saw my dashcam and walked away before they opened a couple minutes later. I was there through lunch time and he never came back. I sent the footage to their CSO on recommendation from the facilities manager I had to meet.

Thanks

There was a guy caught a few days that had been burgling homes in the towns in my area. This guy was a dummy though. He'd been up to it for a while when another actor entered the scene and hit a bunch of houses. That guy got caught and was charged with ALL the burglaries when in fact he'd not done many of them. This guy laid low for a bit but "couldn't keep it in his pants" so to speak and was back at it again.

The story is below but there is more to it than is there. This guy was caught with house security and dash cams. The police asked home owners to review footage at certain times and they got the car and someone had actually followed the guy and they placed him at the scene, at the time, in his car, all on video.

I've had security cams on my house for quite some time now and I believe it helps prevent theft. Also, I inform all the contractors that come on the property of their existence and if we have to leave for any reason, I tell them that I'm turning on the alarm. "If there's a fire or something, just go in the other room, the cops will show up shortly"

I suspect you're correct about your encounter. That guy was probably casing or preparing to rob the place and you thwarted his plan.

-------------
    PRESS RELEASE: BURGLARY ARREST
    On Sunday, November 19th, 2017 the Vernon Police Department arrested Patrick Delaney, age 31 of Pequannock with the assistance of the Ringwood, Wanaque, Butler, Oakland and Pequannock Police Departments.
    Mr. Delaney was arrested on a Warrant for a burglary committed in Vernon on October 26th, 2017. He is also considered a suspect in many other residential burglaries in Vernon Township as well as many of the jurisdictions listed above. He is currently lodged in the Sussex County Jail, with additional charges expected to be filed to include: Burglary, Theft, Unlawful Possession of a Weapon and Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer.
    This department has been working closely with the above listed departments, as well as the Putnam County Sheriffs Department and the New York State Police on a string of residential burglaries in these areas which date back as far as June 2017. Investigation efforts were fostered by the response to our Facebook post about some of these recent burglaries. As a result of that Facebook post we received video footage from some residents in those areas which showed the suspect and his vehicle approaching their homes and knocking on the door. It appears from watching the submitted video footage, that when Mr. Delaney observed either a video camera or a video doorbell device, it deterred him from attempting to enter those homes. In each case after observing the camera(s) Mr. Delaney left the area quickly. It is quite obvious from watching these videos that the fact that these homes were equipped with video camera prevented these homes from being burglarized.
    Please use these incidents as a reminder to always lock your doors / windows and contact the police should you see suspicious activity.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I almost forgot. I uploaded the vids unliststed to YouTube to share them with the CSO but he couldn't access YouTube from his office.

Thanks

Orange shoes? What a dork.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Right?

Go to the trouble to wear all that nondescript clothing and then wear orange shoes.

Thread Information