Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Deals!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Hot Deals!

30% off everything at Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet today and tomorrow.

Thanks

Romanian 7.62x39 75 round drum magazines for $59 at Bud's Gun Shop.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ading+75+Round

That's damn cheap for a drum mag. Don't think I've seen them that cheap since about 10 years ago. Others that have been into firearms longer have said the Chinese drums used to be $25 in the '90s when they were still coming in.

Definitely didn't need them but ordered 2 of these for myself to have them.

Thanks

Yugo Krinkov-style Zastava pistols in 7.62x39 $399

http://www.jgsales.com/yugo-zastava-....-p-57965.html

Caution, shipping is $40+ because of regulations for overnight shipping with pistols.

Also, because these are Yugos, they do not have chrome lined barrels. If you shoot corrosive ammo in one of these you need to thoroughly clean it or you'll end up with a sewer pipe for a barrel. With regular shooting, just keep the barrel as dry as possible and as well oiled as possible, especially if it ends up getting wet.

As of my posting this, they only have 9 left so you'd better hurry!

Thanks

Krinkov pistols are gone.

Thanks

1,000+ rounds of Lake City blemished 55gr 5.56 ammo, $325 + $19 flat S&H

http://americangunwrangler.com/en/am...-ammo-309.html

Pretty good price in this market for brass cased 5.56, even though it is just 55gr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Anyone need a 1911?

Mil Spec for $329 shipped: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411539079

Tactical for $345 shipped: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...%22+Parkerized

Bud's Gun Shop is a reliable place to buy from and Rock Island Armory is a good gun!

Also Bud's has 90 day layaway with 20% down and it counts as the advertised cash price.

Just picked mine up today.

I waffled back and forth between saving some money on the GI versus the Tactical and had the decision made for me. They ran out of Tacticals so it ended up being the GI. I think it was for the best because I really didn't care for the ambi safety the Tactical came with and still would have planned to upgrade the front sight and grips. The skelotonized hammer and trigger on the Tactical didn't really do anything for me either. Also, the Tacticals have a huge Rock Island roll mark along the length of the slide while the GIs only have the smaller one as seen below.

I had planned to take full advantage of Bud's 90 day layaway but I just couldn't wait any longer to get it so I paid off the remainder in one chunk.

Here it is fresh out of the box. Had to wipe it down as it comes slathered in oil/grease:

And here it is with the VZ Grips Operator II grips I picked up that they had on clearance and marked down for Black Friday:

The flash made everything look a lot brighter than it is.

I don't have another 1911 so I can't really give a fair comparison of quality but it seems very solid, everything feels crisp with no slop, and the overall fit and finish is pretty nice. This was definitely a bargain at $329.

The VZ grips feel great and were a great upgrade. They've got a lot of other cool pattern grips.

Only other upgrades to this will be to upgrade the GI sights to a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight and Novak Carry rear sight.

These 1911s are sold under a couple different labels: Rock Island, Citadel, and Armscor. If you happen to come across one of these 1911s for a similar price, it's definitely worth it!

Thanks

Nice. Great price.

Are you going to go ahead and get the idiot scratch out of the way, or wait until you do it by accident?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Nice. Great price.

Are you going to go ahead and get the idiot scratch out of the way, or wait until you do it by accident?
    LOL! Thanks to the power of the interwebs I've heard about that. Going to try to avoid it.

I'm going to tear it down this weekend to clean out all the factory oil/grease and re-oil it with some Hoppes so we'll see.

Thanks

LOL! Thanks to the power of the interwebs I've heard about that. Going to try to avoid it.

I'm going to tear it down this weekend to clean out all the factory oil/grease and re-oil it with some Hoppes so we'll see.
    It's a good learning experience to completely strip it. Have youtube handy.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Have youtube handy.

Especially to post your f-ups when you scratch it.

/chuckles

Thanks

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Which one is the best value?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

That 3-Day pack is a real good price. I think there's also side pouches that you can get that add capacity but I'm not 100% on that. It's quite a bit smaller than that MOLLE II pack I sold you. Good for quick trips instead of hauling everything and the kitchen sink like the MOLLE. In fact, the MOLLE big pack is often paired with an assault size pack so that one can decide whether to pack everything or just the essentials.

Also, if you need a footlocker for travel, that Loadout Bag is a real good deal too. I'd pull the trigger on one but I've done spent all my fun funds on gun stuff. It would definitely come in handy for travel but I can't justify it when I've already got a couple packs that handle travel just fine.

The medic packs are a great price if you're looking to get a medpack setup going. They have tons of small compartments and elastic loop storage. They don't actually come with any gear though so you're going to be filling those up on your own.

Thanks

Just picked up the 3 day pack.

Thanks for the tip Ryan!

v7

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Nice! LBTC gear is good stuff!

I've got their sleep system pack attached to my ILBE pack and it's very well built.

Thanks

Just found out about a great accessory for anyone who decides to pick up one of those Rock Island 1911s or a 1911 of any sort really. It is a grip replacement that adds a sort of railed chassis to the pistol - http://www.recovertactical.com/

Looks like a great solution to modernizing a 1911 that is easily removable/reversable and at a really great price, just $50 shipped.

I figured at just $50 it was certainly worth a shot for what it purports to bring to the table so I went ahead and ordered one of these in Desert Sand to see how it works out.

Once it gets here I'll take some pics and post my thoughts on it in the Firearms section.

Here's a video from the manufacturer on just how easy it is to install and what it does:

I will say I love the aesthetics and function of my VZ Grips on my Rock Island and that it keeps it looking like a 1911 but, this chassis/grip does add some modern versatility to it that could be very useful. In all honesty the VZ Grips are very likely to remain on but the Recover chassis will definitely be kept on the shelf for when needed.

Who knows, maybe I'll eventually get another 1911 just for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    Just picked up the 3 day pack.

Thanks for the tip Ryan!

v7
    Any pack yet?

I'm curious to get your impressions on it.

Thanks

Another deal from J&G Sales, the same place I got my Zastava pistol: Catamount Fury 12ga - $400

This is a 12ga semi-auto shotgun based off the AK platform much like the Saiga and VEPR shotguns. These are new production, Chinese imported shotguns. Shotguns are the only exception to the Chinese import ban and these just recently started coming in last year. Right after they started being imported they were in the $600-$700 range, up there with the Saiga. It appears they've come down quite a bit.

It also has a couple features the Saiga doesn't such as a Picatinny rail on top, hinged dust cover, Picatinny rail on the bottom, 3 different included chokes, and last round bolt hold open on all models.

Some people have reported issues with them and having to send them back to Century for repairs/smoothing out but a lot of others have reported pretty favorable reviews.

One thing to note, although they are patterned after the AK-like Saiga, existing Saiga magazines do not work directly. Supposedly the Saiga magazines can be modified to work though. From what I can tell this is only the case with the Fury, not the Fury II which has direct insertion magazines that are slightly different and do not rock in like magazines for the Fury.

Even though I've spent a lot more on firearms than I should have recently, I just couldn't pass one of these up at this price. This especially since I wasn't ever able to get on the Saiga 12 train back around 2005ish when they were under $300, before they became popular and more than doubled in price. I had been wanting one of these AK pattern semi-auto 12 gauges for a long time but couldn't justify buying the Saiga when I knew what they used to sell for. This seemed like a really good opportunity to scratch that itch.

I also ordered the optional 10 round Catamount magazine listed on the page as well as a 10 round Saiga ProMag magazine from Bud's Gun Shop (the best price I was able to find on those). I'm going to compare the two and see just what is required to modify since I wasn't able to find any information out there on how people were modifying them.

I'll post up a thread in the Firearms section to give my impressions on the gun and info on the magazines. I do plan to eventually convert it over to a pistol grip and standard AK buttstock but I'm not really in a rush to do that. When I do, I'll be sure I post information on it. For anyone curious about it, there is already info out on the internet on converted Furys.

Thanks

Any pack yet?

I'm curious to get your impressions on it.
    Smaller pack but very well made!

Glad I picked up 2.

Thanks fort the tip Ryan!!!

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information