Thread: America accused of stealing constitution from Ukraine

Thanks

Default America accused of stealing constitution from Ukraine

America accused of stealing constitution from Ukraine
    Russia Today ^ | 7/1/08

An ancient Ukrainian code was used as the basis for the United States constitution, insists Ukraine’s Prime Minister, Yulya Timoshenko. She made the extraordinary claim while addressing compatriots on the country’s Constitution Day, on June 28.

The Gas Princess said: “The Ukrainian state has an undeviating constitutional tradition. In 1710, when civilised Europe was tentatively mulling over the separation of powers, and baron de Montesquieu even didn’t start writing The Spirit of the Laws, Ukraine had its own constitution by Pylyp Orlyk.”

Timoshenko also claimed that she once read that the U.S. and some of the European constitutions were copied from the Ukrainian one. However, she failed to recollect the source.

It seems Timoshenko's mysterious recollection will remain unanswered.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: America accused of stealing constitution from Ukraine

Coming up next: Thomas Jefferson's real name is Tomishenko Jefferson!

If I don't use humor with some of this stuff, Ima gunna bust.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

Default Re: America accused of stealing constitution from Ukraine

Actually we took several aspects from the Iroquois nations and other places. Put it together with our real statesmen of the time and what they felt would insure a more perfect union... In the end it's all American. May as well suggest that Moses stole the 10 commandments from Mesopotamia since similar rules are written amongst their laws. Or that Jesus stole his teachings from Buddah since they were so similar. The fact is that comonsense is an unchanging force throughout history. You'll find GOOD laws that match up in every advanced civilization. Thou shalt not commit murder is the same in Cromagnon times as it is 40,000 years later in our Declaration of Independance when we suggest the inalienable right to life. The Ukraine therefore can just think it through and then STFU.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thread Information