Thread: Military Overflight In Georgia Stopped 'Bloodshed': Russia

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Military Overflight In Georgia Stopped 'Bloodshed': Russia

Military Overflight In Georgia Stopped 'Bloodshed': Russia
    Russian military jets flew over the breakaway Georgian province of South Ossetia this week in order to prevent imminent "bloodshed," the Russian foreign ministry said Thursday

"The need arose to take urgent and effective measures to prevent bloodshed and to keep the situation peaceful," the ministry said in a statement.

"To determine the circumstances, Russian air force planes made a short flight over the territory of South Ossetia."

The statement marked an unusual admission from Russia that it had sent military aircraft over a separatist region in Georgia. Past Georgian accusations of Russian military overflights have been denied by Moscow.

"As subsequent events showed, this step cooled hotheads in Tbilisi and prevented the situation from evolving through use of force, which had become highly likely," the Russian statement said.

Russia said it had received information indicating that Georgian troops were preparing a military operation in South Ossetia to free four Georgian soldiers arrested Tuesday by authorities in the breakaway province.

The statement from Moscow was issued a day after Russia and Georgia traded accusations about military flights over South Ossetia, one of two separatist provinces in Georgia.

On Wednesday, a spokesman for Russian peacekeepers in the region accused Georgia of flying two fighter jets over South Ossetia the previous day.

Georgia then quickly retorted that the military planes were in fact Russian and that there were four of them.

A flight ban has been in place in South Ossetia for years as part of ceasefire arrangements in the conflict zone.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice paid a visit Wednesday and Thursday to Tbilisi, where she reiterated Washington's support for the country's pro-Western leader and called for an end to violence in Georgia's separatist regions.

Thanks

Default Re: Military Overflight In Georgia Stopped 'Bloodshed': Russia

Ryan, I could have SWORN I saw this same article posted earlier last week. Is this a dupe or something?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this is the thread you may be thinking of that you posted on the 15th.

http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4944

Thanks

Maybe so. I got a very bad migraine on friday when I was looking at the site here.... (No the site didn't cause it!)

Anyway, sometimes my migraines are goofy and make me remember things like "deja vous" - that is, I remember something from sometime back, when it was only yesterday. lol

Seriously though, I could have sworn I saw that same title someplace (maybe another site, perhaps in the news.... etc?) early last week and it was kind of making me get another headache trying to remember.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information