Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Police, TSA and other "Authorities"

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Police, TSA and other "Authorities"

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Just like the biker the other day. Why the FUCK do you place yourself in front of someone, brake check them and then decide "He was in the wrong"?
    I think that's an apples and oranges comparison.

One was acting in an unlawful manner as part of a mob and the other would be acting within the scope of their job trying to effect a lawful arrest.

I'm usually very quick to jump on JBTs acting like JBTs (like the oddly chronic shooting of dogs) but like I said, I think this is a case where the escalation was solely in hands of the perp (not going to call her a victim because she was a victim of her own design). Taking the article at face value, the officer did nothing but take her ID back to his car to run it and see if there were any outstanding warrants. Up to this point, she was likely going to just be getting a ticket and the car was probably going to impound, though the cop might have been nice enough to let her have someone come pick it up.

Once he was back to his vehicle, that's when she ran and voluntarily chose to make this a felony situation.

Very, very rarely is the roadside the place for the legal battle to be settled. In a roadside encounter you are likely much better off saying as little as possible while being polite, taking the summons (or arrest even), and then seeking the assistance of a lawyer and setting them loose on the state.

I'll even say that I agree completely with Mal that there are a lot of situations where the cop will unnecessarily escalate a roadside encounter. This just wasn't one of those situations though. Even in those cases where the cops are out of control, the courtroom is still the best place to deal with it.

Thanks

Agreed. Side of the road ain't the place. If I drive off, I'm in fear of my life and I'll be on the phone with 911 saying so.

I was stopped some months ago for a "tail light" issue. Turns out nothing was wrong with my taillight. Nothing was wrong with my brakes. Nothing was wrong with my lights at all.

I asked the officer why he really stopped me and he got pretty defensive about his job. I asked again, "Why was I really stopped?"

he finally told me to go and have a nice day.... it was disconcerting because there was NOTHING wrong with my lights, my blinkers, my flashers or my headlights. And yet he asked "Do you know why I stopped you?"

I said, "Nope, but I'm sure you will tell me...."

In fact, I KNEW it wasn't speeding because the limit is 65. I was doing 63 and had the cruise control set.

I didn't get angry, or yell at him or anything. I was polite (had on my USAF Retired hat, my badges from work and I got out of the vehicle when he said my tail light was out after I turned the lights on and then asked him to show me which one.... he backed off).

It comes down to "Why stop someone for nothing?"

It's a power trip. because he CAN.

Thanks

DHS.... again.

Former DHS Chief Privacy Officer Recounts How She Was Regularly Called A 'Terrorist' By The Intelligence Community

from the sickening dept

Mary Ellen Callahan was the Chief Privacy Officer (and the Chief Freedom of Information Act Officer) at the Department of Homeland Security from 2009 until 2012 (though, don't tell DHS, since they still have a page on their website about her claiming she still has that role -- even though she left over a year ago). You have to imagine that being the Chief Privacy Officer within DHS (or any part of the federal government, really) is a pretty thankless job, and it appears that was absolutely the case when Callahan was there. Last night, she was given an award by the IAPP, the International Association of Privacy Professionals -- and used it as an opportunity to reveal the work environment in her old job. From the sound of those in attendance, she gave quite a speech, unloading on the lack of respect for privacy in both the Department of Homeland Security and the wider intelligence community.

She apparently claimed that the number of privacy officers at the NSA was zero -- including the Chief Privacy Officer of the NSA. In other words, the position within the NSA is a joke, and that person has no interest, at all, in protecting Americans' privacy. But, apparently, she was just warming up, because (according to other attendees), she claimed that her office was accused of being "terrorists" once a month both by others at DHS as well as in the wider intelligence community. Furthermore, she was told that they would make her testify after the next terrorist attack, claiming it would be her fault, for daring to protect Americans' privacy. To her credit, Callahan apparently told those pressuring her that she would "happily" testify in support of her efforts to protect the privacy of Americans.

While this won't surprise the more cynical among you, it's an incredibly damning statement about how our intelligence community and the Department of Homeland Security view privacy, and piddly little things like the 4th Amendment. It also shows how merely hiring a "chief privacy officer" doesn't mean that an agency actually is concerned about privacy or that it makes sure to protect the privacy of the American public. It's quite common that defenders of DHS, DOJ and NSA overreach will point to things like "privacy officers" as if that means they take privacy seriously. However, it's often somewhat like a privacy policy -- something you can point to, but which no one pays attention to. And, there had always been assumptions that anyone who took that role seriously would get pressure, but it sounds like the pressure was even greater and more ridiculous than most people expected. Hopefully Callahan will speak out further on the kind of pressure she was put under while in that job.

Hat tip to Ryan Calo and Joseph Lorenzo Hall, for tweeting from the event.

Thanks

I'm sure there's a lot more to this.... but seriously... shooting an old lady? The "person" on the road was who?

Now, this is the problem: "It was not immediately clear what exactly prompted the trooper to fire his gun. Officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding Lawrence's death."

If someone comes over and punches me in the face then runs away, I can't legally pull out my gun, follow him to a parking lot and shoot him dead. No matter how big he is.

If he punches my wife in the face and runs off... I still can't shoot him.

If it appears he's going to kill someone, I can. I just can't chase him down and do it.

A cop has to be held to the same standard.

So - when it comes out what she did to prompt a discharge of a fire arm - fine, until then, it needs to be questioned.

Because police officers are in uniform and are sworn to uphold the law, and because lately so many have broken the law themselves all this crap should come out quickly and accurately.

There should be NO QUESTION that if a cop pulls his weapon out and has to shoot there was a legitimate reason for doing so. Lately that isn't always the case.

I know we beat this one to death but I wanted to pass on some information I just learned about as I was doing some reading on a recent trooper shooting in Oregon.

There exists case law which allows a police officer to use deadly force to "prevent escape if the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

Here's a link to it - Tennessee v. Garner.

Thanks

There is case law to allow shooting if the police believe the fleeing individual is a felon. There's a difference... but, what's done is done.

And theres been another incident in DC with the gal in the black car.

Just suffice it to say, we're next. All they have to do is SAY we were fleeing and dangerous. That's the problem with this whole thing. Witnesses???

Thanks

Idaho Police Departments Arming And Gearing Up For War Against We, The People

October 6, 2013 twg2a PitBull

The MRAPs, checking in at more than 10-feet tall and in excess of 14 tons, were specially designed to handle ambushes by insurgents and withstand landmine explosions. Several federal agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, use MRAPs in certain operations, including disaster response and bomb situations.
    But, the acquisition might lead one to wonder: Why in the world does the Preston Police Department and the other Idaho agencies need such a heavily fortified piece of equipment?
    Answer: Gun violence.

CONTINUE READING: http://www.idahoreporter.com/2013/at...comment-117863

Thanks

I'm more inclined to believe Idaho police departments are gearing up against the federal government.

Thanks

Maybe, Ryan... maybe not.

I just thought I'd post that for you though, lol

Thanks

Now I've heard it all...

Federal air marshal accused of taking photos under women's skirts

Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A federal air marshal has been arrested and accused of taking cell phone photographs underneath women's skirts as they boarded a plane at Nashville International Airport.

Nashville police say Adam Bartsch was on duty on Southwest Airline Flight 3132 on Thursday when a witness noticed he was taking the photos and grabbed his cell phone. Police say the witness notified a flight attendant and Bartsch was taken off the flight and charged with disorderly conduct.

Nashville station WKRN-TV reports the Transportation Security Administration said Thursday afternoon that Bartsch was removed from duty and the TSA is assisting with the investigation. The agency said it's in the process of suspending or terminating Bartsch's employment.

Here's the perp:

This image provided by the Nashville Police Department shows Adam Bartsch after he was arrested Oct. 17, 2013. The federal air marshal has been arrested and accused of taking cell phone photographs underneath women's skirts as they boarded a plane at Nashville International Airport.

Thanks

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Who hired the plain clothes Law Enforcement Snipers at Keene Pumpkin Fest 2013?

Reporting by James Cleveland, Garret Ean and Graham Colson. Curated for the SoA by TalleyTV.

Four Sniper Teams Deployed Downtown Keene ...
    Facebook
    ·
    2 days ago

Graham Colson, an area resident for 15+ years who has been to Keene Pumpkin Fest for just as long, said the presence of snipers was unprecedented. He was able to take the above image of a two person sniper team on the rooftop of the Keene Apartments building overlooking Roxbury & Central Square earlier today.

KPD Confirms: "The pictures you put on your website were police officers."

As can be seen in the video below, Lt. Steven Tenney of the Keene Police Department told Garret Ean of Keene Peaceful Streets that the men identified in this post are members of unspecified law enforcement agencies. As we learn more we will share updates here.

2013 10 20 Keene Peaceful Streets x005
    fr33mantvraw

The photo appears to show two unidentified males standing in front of a sniper rifle and a map of downtown Keene as they overlook thousands of Pumpkin Fest celebrants. An open door reportedly led to the stairs and a ladder behind these two mysterious individuals in civilian clothing. They were likely too focused on the people filled streets to notice the photojournalists behind them.

Police_Sniper_Team_Pumpkin_Fest_2013_Keene_NH_X001
    lightspeedliberty
    ·
    2 days ago

@LightSpeedLiberty was first to post video of these two men with a nearby sniper rifle overlooking the PumpkinFest attendees (above) while Keene Peaceful Streets has an image featuring the front of the would-be sniper and his spotter (below). The only insignia visible is that of the Boston Red Sox worn on the hat of the man to the left.

Wordpress
    ·
    2 days ago

Can you help identify these people? Use the comments or contact me directly at 678.TALLEYTV / talleytv@gmail.com.
    - One reader contacted the NH National Guard who referred Pumpkin Fest issues to the Keene Police Department so s/he guesses that they were not involved. Plus they tend to wear uniforms.

Police_Sniper_Team_Pumpkin_Fest_2013_Keene_NH_X002
    lightspeedliberty
    ·
    2 days ago
    "The Pumpkin Festival is a community-hosted, family-friendly celebration of fall and of what is unique about Keene and the Monadnock region. It is also a celebration of artistry and creativity and a demonstration of our area’s commitment to non-profit efforts to serve those in need."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Not a very good sniper team if they were a: Made b: snuck up upon.

I'm unsure who thinks snipers like this will ever do any good. This is simply more militarization of our police force. I'm just surprised these dinks weren't in bloused out pants wearing black boots, black vests and covering their faces with balaclavas.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

It is a VERY bad idea to put snipers up like that. You don't place people in that kind of position.

Thanks

Remember Pepper Spray Cop?

Infamous Pepper Spray Officer Wins Thousands in Compensation Case

Policeman suffered stress and depression after notorious action
    By David Stout Oct. 24, 2013

Brian Nguyen / Reuters A University of California Davis police officer pepper-sprays students during their sit-in at an "Occupy UCD" demonstration in Davis, California November 18, 2011.
    After a video showing police officer John Pike pepper spraying Occupy protestors at the University of California-Davis campus in November 2011 went viral, Pike allegedly received death threats and suffered depression.
    The stress was so great that Pike was able to reach a settlement with his former employer for $38,000 in a workers compensation suit this week for the psychological damage he suffered, reports the Guardian.
    After the incident occurred, Pike was put on administrative leave and was fired the following year. In the episode’s wake, the university also reportedly shelled out $1m in settlements with protestors that were peppered sprayed during the demonstration.

Thanks

Yeah, I remember him. I also know the fucker was making 118k/year as a cop.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

He got suspended, then fired. Now he gets money cuz he's a crybaby wussy who got his feelings hurt.

Thanks

He got suspended, then fired.
    At least there's a silver lining.

Frankly, they should have just cuffed those idiots and dragged them off...using a truck.
    But the cop is a flaming jackoff as well and I'm glad he got fired from his $118k/year job as a cop. Geezus...try to make that in private industry as a cop...he'll be working the graveyard shift for $8/hr
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Police State Update: Third Person Reports Being Anally Violated By Cops

12 Nov Stop The Madness: Third Person Reports Being Anally Violated By Police – Daily Caller
    A third New Mexico resident is claiming that she was physically abused by police and medical staff who exceeded their authority to search for drugs she never had.

The woman’s attorney came forward with her story just a few days after a local news channel reported similar stories involving New Mexico police forcing two suspects to undergo invasive surgery to prove they weren’t carrying drugs. Police used expired and nonexistent warrants to justify the improper and unethical searches, according to KOB-TV 4.
    The unnamed woman is being represented by Laura Schaur Ives of the New Mexico chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union. Schaur told KOB-TV 4 that her client was stopped by police in El Paso, Texas. After a drug-sniffing dog indicated that she might have drugs, police strip-searched her and then allegedly assault her by sticking their fingers into her vagina.
    When the on-site search failed to turn up any drugs, police took the woman to University Medical Center of El Paso. There, she was given an X-ray, cat scan and full body search. Medical personnel probed her anus and vagina, according to Schaur.
    “They then did a cavity search and they probed her vagina and her anus, they described in the medical records as bi-manual – two-handed,” she said in a statement. “Again, they found nothing.”
    Schaur claims that police did not have a warrant to conduct the search.
    If this horror story sounds familiar, it’s because two other New Mexico residents were violate by drug-seeking police officers. Timothy Young and David Eckert were pulled over for traffic violations in separate incidents, and were searched on the authority of the same unlicensed drug-sniffing dog. They were then taken to Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, New Mexico, where doctors performed a full battery of invasive medical procedures.
    While these incidents involved New Mexico police, the woman who Schaur represents was allegedly handled by Customs and Border Control – suggesting that abusive practices are not limited to a single malicious police department.
    All three victims protested their treatment at the hands of police and medical staff and refused to be examined.
    Not only were their protestations ignored, but in Eckert’s case, doctors even stuck him with the bill for his own forced colonoscopy.
    Click HERE For Rest Of Story

Thanks

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the K9 unit is the "wink and a nod" version of probably cause.

You have to wonder what these people are thinking. It also makes you wish for these fucking rogue cops to get pulled over and have the full Abner Louima treatment.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Dogs are probable cause. Yes.

Thread Information