Thread: Professional Olympiads?

Thanks

Default Professional Olympiads?

I am somewhat astounded at all the professional basketball players allowed in the Olympics. Jim Thorpe was stripped of 2 medals because he played semipro baseball years ago. Just doesn't seem right. Of course nothing about the Olympics seems right to me. I guess it all boils down to money as to who is allowed to host the Olympics. I am more than disgusted at China being given this years Olympics.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Default Re: Professional Olympiads?

Yeah, I hear all that, Luke. Especially concerning Tibet. I've gotta say, though, 3 cheers for our women sweeping in the fencing competition. You know, it's not just a sport, it's fighting, nice! And now Mark Spitz' record may be history. Go USA!
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I've not watched any of the Olympics due to its being hosted in China. Nor will I watch when the Olympics are hosted in Russia.

Sucks for the Olympians who have worked as hard as they have to get where they are but I won't have any part in giving the Chinese any sort of international prestige or support.

Thanks

I don't think I have watched the Olympics, nor cared one bit, since the 1970s.

After the murders at the German olympics, I pretty much wrote that stuff off.

It's nice to have competition, and yet, it's rather stupid
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I don't believe they should have ever allowed Pros into the olympics. The idea of the Olympics was much cleaner 40 years ago. I agree with Rick and don't follow them anymore.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

By the way Aplomb... My 5th grade teacher was childhood friends with Mark Spitz and I actually met him back when I was in that class. He was pretty cool.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

I both enjoy watching the Olympics (although I would totally change how they cover them) and am glad that the pros can participate ... I want to see the best the world has to offer. It also removes one area of easy cheating for the closed countries.

So ... does that get me kicked off the site. :P

-Bryk

Thanks

Originally posted by Brian Baldwin:
    By the way Aplomb... My 5th grade teacher was childhood friends with Mark Spitz and I actually met him back when I was in that class. He was pretty cool.
    I think most guys think some kid is cool when he's going out with their teacher. lol
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

The U.S. should have boycotted these Olympics.

I’m sure China is laughing all the way to the bank.

And I have never thought pro athletes should compete in the Olympics.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brykovian View Post
    So ... does that get me kicked off the site. :P

-Bryk
    Nah... The only thing that'll get you the boot is if you are a low down, dirty Steelers fan.

Oh... Wait... Guess not. We have one of those here!

Thread Information