Thread: M.I.A. paper planes

Thanks

Default M.I.A. paper planes

What a catchy tune. This song is the most requested song stated one Denver radio station today, 107.5fm. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow, by the way. So check it out!

I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: M.I.A. paper planes

I just couldn't get the lyrics. Oh...here they are:

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.ph...22107858677867

I fly like paper, get high like planes
    If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name
    If you come around here, I make them all day
    I get one down in a second if you wait

I fly like paper, get high like planes
    If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name
    If you come around here, I make them all day
    I get one down in a second if you wait

Sometimes I feel sitting on trains
    Every stop I get to I'm clocking that game
    Everyone's a winner now we're making that fame
    Bona fide hustler, making my name

Sometimes I feel sitting on trains
    Every stop I get to I'm clocking that game
    Everyone's a winner now we're making that fame
    Bona fide hustler, making my name

All I want to do is BANG BANG BANG BANG!
    And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

Pirate skulls and bones
    Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
    Running when we hit them
    Lethal poison through their system

Pirate skulls and bones
    Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
    Running when we hit them
    Lethal poison through their system

No one on the corner has swagger like us
    Hit me on my banner, prepaid wireless
    We pack and deliver like UPS trucks
    Already going to hell just pumping that gas

No one on the corner has swagger like us
    Hit me on my banner, prepaid wireless
    We pack and deliver like UPS trucks
    Already going to hell just pumping that gas

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

M.I.A.
    Third world democracy
    Yeah, I got more records than the K.G.B.
    So, uh, no funny business

Some, some, some, I some I murder
    Some, I some I let go
    Some, some, some, I some I murder
    Some, I some I let go

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

And KA-CHING!
    And take your money

Here are some of the things that are being said about it:

http://idolator.com/399288/because-s...to-the-hot-100

This week, seemingly out of nowhere and thanks to none of the above efforts, M.I.A. has her first hit on Billboard's Hot 100, "Paper Planes," which makes its debut all the way up at No. 55.

M.I.A. can credit the House Of Apatow for her sudden chart fortunes, as trailers and ads for the forthcoming Seth Rogen/James Franco stoner comedy Pineapple Express prominently feature the track.

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.ph...22107858677867

by killstar on 08-23-2007 @ 08:15:33 PM
    this is what M.I.A says [about paper planes]:

" I was going to get patties at my local and just thinking that really the worst thing that anyone can say [to someone these days] is some shit like: ”What I wanna do is come and get your money.” People don’t really feel like immigrants or refugees contribute to culture in any way. That they’re just leeches that suck from whatever. So in the song I say All I wanna do is [sound of gun shooting and reloading, cash register opening] and take your money. I did it in sound effects. It’s up to you how you want to interpret. America is so obsessed with money, I’m sure they’ll get it. "
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

And lastly: GRAPHIC WARNING

M.I.A. Paper Planes Diss By DeLon - (Gruesome Footage) - 4 min - Aug 4, 2008

(2 Ratings) Rate:
    Paper Planes By M.I.A. - See what the song and MIA really stand for! Presented by DeLon. An Emerging International Star with Sri Lankan desc...all » Paper Planes By M.I.A. - See what the song and MIA really stand for! Presented by DeLon. An Emerging International Star with Sri Lankan descent, DeLon, represents peace and unity in Sri Lanka. Google: "LTTE" and get more info at www.delonmusic.com!«
    Last edited by Aplomb; September 2nd, 2008 at 07:24. Reason: video hunting

Thanks

That second video is just the same as the first, and it's not working, sorry. I will replace the DeLon youtube one if and when it gets removed again.

http://www.delonmusic.com/news.html#Press%20Release%201

Press Release

Interscope artist M.I.A. exposed for promoting terrorism

LOS ANGELES, CA, AUGUST 1, 2008 - Sri Lankan/American hip-hop artist, DeLon, exposes Interscope recording artist, M.I.A., as a supporter of terrorism, through her affiliation and promotion of the terrorist group, The Liberation Tiger Tamils of Eelam (LTTE). The LTTE has long been recognized by the FBI as one of the deadliest terrorist groups in the world, and has been credited with the perfection of the use of suicide bombers, invention of the suicide belt, mass recruitment of child soldiers, and pioneering the use of women in suicide attacks. The LTTE is only terrorist organization to have assassinated two world leaders.

On July 29, 2008, DeLon posted his remixed version of M.I.A’s song, “Paper Planes” on YouTube. The educational video contained graphic evidence of M.I.A’s promotion of the LTTE. Within 12 hours of release, the video drew over 6,000 user views and comments. Minutes later, Interscope under the Universal Music Group (UMG) umbrella, had the video removed from YouTube for “endangerment” of M.I.A.’s phony reputation as a “Freedom Fighter.” Subsequently, DeLon is filing a lawsuit against UMG for infringement of his 1st Amendment rights. On July 31, 2008, the video was made available for download at: http://public.me.com/ceylonrecords and generated over 3,000 downloads in just 2 hours.

As the most recognizable Sri Lankan hip-hop artist after winning the “Best Rap Performance” Award from Derana Music Television (equivalent to MTV in the U.S.) and an emerging international star, DeLon, uses his visibility and music to draw light to the LTTE’s ongoing and inhumane terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka. As one of the few entertainers willing to stand up to the LTTE, DeLon has drawn mass popularity from Sri Lankans and Sri Lankan expatriates throughout Sri Lanka, Australia, Germany, the UK, Canada, France, and the United States.

DeLon is the first Sri Lankan/American to ever land on the U.S. Billboard Charts, a feat he accomplished twice for his singles: “Calor De La Salsa” and “Nasty Girl.” As exemplified with his “The Unity Through Education Tour,” where he spoke to students in over 65 High Schools and Colleges in the Greater LA area, DeLon stands for unity, positivity and human causes that plague our society.

Recently partnering with Greenpeace Organization, and through his own nonprofit, The Sri Lanka Foundation, DeLon has helped spread light on the atrocities around the globe through his music and has built over 80 houses in Sri Lanka after the wreckage of the Tsunami in 2004.

Thanks

Freedom of Speech and Expression, without responsibility.

That's the Left for ya....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information