Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Religion of Peace

Thanks

Default Re: The Religion of Peaceâ„¢

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

In quotes: Muslim reaction to Pope
    BBC Monitoring ^

(and Rick's reponses as well....)

Muslim political and religious leaders around the world have been reacting to a speech by Pope Benedict XVI in which he mentioned the Prophet Muhammad.

PALESTINIAN PRIME MINISTER ISMAIL HANIYA In the name of our Palestinian people... we express our condemnation of the statements of his Excellency the Pope, against Islam as a belief, sharia, history, and a lifestyle.

(Then perhaps you can take this from me, an American, who is not all that religious at all, and isn't Catholic either.... that that sharia and shove it....)

PAKISTANI PARLIAMENT The derogatory remarks of the Pope about the philosophy of jihad and Prophet Muhammad have injured sentiments across the Muslim world and pose the danger of spreading acrimony among the religions.

(Derogatory remarks from the Pakistani people in the past regarding American, Christiandom and other religions in GENERAL have been heard from your side. Why are you suddenly being HYPOCRITICAL of the Pope?)

HAMID ANSARI, CHAIRMAN OF INDIA'S MINORITY COMMISSION The language used by the Pope sounds like that of his 12th-Century counterpart who ordered the crusades... It surprises me because the Vatican has a very comprehensive relationship with the Muslim world".

(The language used by Muslims all over the WORLD has been 12th-Century since the 12th-Century. Why are you suddenly opposed to such thinking -- which, by the way it really WASN'T? Instead you're a HYPOCRIT...)

DIN SYAMSUDDIN, HEAD OF MUHAMMAD, INDONESIA'S SECOND LARGEST MUSLIM ORGANISATION The Pope's statements reflect his lack of wisdom. It is obvious from the statements that the Pope doesn't have a correct understanding of Islam.

(The lack of wisdom comes, not from the Pope, but from Islamic clerics boasting about the killing of Westerners, and the continued rhetoric that comes from them on the "utter destruction of Israel". Do these people think America will sit idly by and wait for that destruction and then for our own? NO)

AHMAD KHATAMI, IRANIAN CLERIC It is unfortunate to see that the leader of the world's Christians is so ill-informed about Islam and speaks so shamelessly.

(It is very unfortunate that the leaders of Islam are so utterly STUPID as to call people who don't follow their particular faith "Infidels" and "pigs" and "dogs". It is UNFORTUNATE that they spit in the face of America who has tried so hard to show you that democracy is better than slavery to your religion, that calls for the killing of Jews, Americans and others as you see FIT.)

Muslims around the world would surely react to such weak arguments and will invite those who misunderstand Islam to learn about the religion. We say that such insults will spread the influence of Islam further.

(The above statement is SOOOOO much a lie, as evidenced by the videos where Wigg and Sintani were FORCED at GUNPOINT to "accept Allah" and then LIE about it on video tape "we accept Allah of our own accord". That is a LIE and you know it, and the WORLD knows it.)

MOHAMMED MAHDA AKEF, EGYPTIAN MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD The remarks do not express correct understanding of Islam and are merely wrong and distorted beliefs being repeated in the West.

(Calling the Jewish people dogs and pigs do not express correct understanding EITHER. It shows a distinct LACK of humanity on the part of Muslims.)

SHEIKH YOUSSEF AL-QARDAWI, QATARI MUSLIM CLERIC AND HEAD OF ISLAMIC SCHOLARS' ASSOCIATION Our hands are outstretched and our religion calls for peace, not for war, for love not for hatred, for tolerance, not for fanaticism, for knowing each other and not for disavowing each other.

(IF your so called "religion of peace" calls for peace, then stand forth and OFFER PEACE without violence, without killing Westerners and accept the fact that there are other religions out there that disagree with yours and it isn't worth killing each other over. ACCEPT the fact that there will ALWAYS be people who are religious in SOME manner that are different from what you might think is right, and accept the fact that some of YOUR people have made your religion look BAD.)

We condemn this and we want to know the explanation of this and what is intended by this. We call on the pope, the pontiff, to apologise to the Islamic nation because he has insulted its religion and Prophet, its faith and Sharia without any justification."

(Personally, I think the Pope would do well to tell you and your religion to "STUFF IT", I don't think he owes you jack and I think that it would do yourselves well to... as we say on the internet and America to STFU!)

ALI BARDAKOGLU, SENIOR TURKISH MUSLIM I do not see any use in somebody visiting the Islamic world who thinks in this way about the holy prophet of Islam. He should first rid himself of feelings of hate.

(We do not see that Islam has ridden itself of hate. When you do that, we'll think about doing the same.... until then, STFU)

SALIH KAPUSUZ, DEPUTY LEADER OF TURKEY'S RULING AK PARTY He has a dark mentality that comes from the darkness of the Middle Ages. He is a poor thing that has not benefited from the spirit of reform in the Christian world. It looks like an effort to revive the mentality of the Crusades.

(Dark mentality? Really. Osama Bin Laden, 19 hijackers, World Trade Center, USS Cole, thouands dead... who hates WHOM and where does the darkness lie? From whence does it cometh? From ISLAM)

GRAND AYATOLLAH MOHAMMAD HUSSEIN FADLALLAH, SENIOR LEBANESE SHIA CLERIC We do not accept the apology through Vatican channels ... and ask him to offer a personal apology - not through his officials - to Muslims for this false reading

(If *I* were the Pope, which I'm not, could never be and wouldn't want to be, I'd tell you to STFU. Accept what came from my official offices, or, ignore it as you will. I would not apologize to you low-life creatians who think that killing others is a good way to sacrafice for Allah. What an idiotic and MEDIEVAL, and BARBARIC concept.)

ORGANISATION OF ISLAMIC CONFERENCE STATEMENT The OIC hopes that this sudden campaign does not reflect a new trend for the Vatican policy toward the Islamic religion ... and it expects the Vatican to express its real vision of Islam.

(I hope the world has finally awakened to the NONSENSE that passes for religion called "Islam". It's a BS religion where people are killed for NOT believing. That isn't very HUMAN. In fact, again, it is BARBARIC and MEDIEVAL. Stop the killing, stop the hatred Islam, and the world will back off. But if you complain bitterly, then thou doth sufferth from "Methinks thou doth protest too much...")

YOUSEF AL-KHOEI, HEAD OF ISLAMIC CHARITY He should really know better than quoting a 14th Century Christian emperor who was a political man who made his statements for a political reason... I do not know why people choose to quote things out of context when you have clear instructions in Islam which says no forced conversion. Why do we need a Christian emperor to tell us what Islam is?

(REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!? Perhaps you shouldn't MIS-QUOTE a 4th CENTURY PROPHET OUT OF CONTEXT!!!!!!!!!! The Qu'ran translated LITERALLY means "Recitation"... so tell me that your people AREN'T MISQUOTING MOHAMMAD when they are telling others to kill in God's name!)

DR MUHAMMAD ABDUL BARI, MUSLIM COUNCIL OF BRITAIN One would expect a religious leader such as the Pope to act and speak with responsibility and repudiate the Byzantine emperor's views in the interests of truth and harmonious relations. Regrettably, the Pope did not do so and this has understandably caused a lot of dismay and hurt.

(*I* think the Pope has acted responsibly, pointing OUT to Muslims the world over the ERROR of their WAY, which is the medieval murder and mayhem visited upon peoples the world over, who are not muslim. What a crocketh which stinketh... Islam is NOT a religion of PEACE unless and until you tell your own people to STOP THE KILLING. The time is coming, and you're pushing the envelop where people are going to START PUSHING BACK!)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

There is an interesting and alarming trend being perpetuated with this latest round of Moslem outcry.

Muhammad Umar, chairman of the foundation, said: "This attack on Islam and Prophet Muhammad by Pope Benedict is recognition that he has fallen into the trap of the bigots and racists when it comes to judging Islam on the actions of a small number of extreme elements."
    Any and all public criticism of Islam seems to warrant marginalization of the speaker by the global community spearheaded by the Islamic public relations wing... CAIR, et al. The truth is being upended with right being made to appear wrong, etc. This is a seriously growing trend that appears to be escalating with time. The escalation of this tactic is made more pronounced by any and all political correctness, and the conciliatory atmosphere pervading contemporary international relations. It's a deathtrap being constructed by our own (and other) leaders.

In my book, if the Pope has made statements that garner public outrage by the Islamic community, he is doing a good thing. It sounds like Pope Benedict has some distinct conservative views and may even recognize the enemy for what it is... a threat to the population of the entire globe.

Thanks

In response to your post, MMCO...

Pakistan summons Vatican ambassador over Pope remarks
    AFP ^ | 9/15/2006

ISLAMABAD (AFP) - Pakistan's foreign ministry summoned the Vatican ambassador over the remarks by Pope Benedict XVI linking Islam with violence

"Apostolic Nuncio (Ambassador of the Holy See) was called to the Foreign Office," the ministry said in a statement on Friday.

"He was conveyed that the regrettable remarks attributed to Pope Benedict XV1 ... were deeply disturbing for Muslims all over the world, and had caused great hurt and anguish," it said.

"It was underlined that at a time when there was an acute need for promoting inter-faith harmony such remarks, regardless of the context, were very unfortunate."

The Apostolic Nuncio regretted the hurt caused to Muslims and said that the media had totally misconstrued certain historical quotes that the Pope used in a lecture, the ministry said.

He promised to sincerely convey the sentiments of the government and people of Pakistan on the issue to the Vatican.

Pakistan's parliament earlier Friday unanimously condemned Pope Benedict XVI and passed resolutions demanding that he withdraw what it called "derogatory" remarks linking Islam with violence.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

In regard to the thread being amongst the Religion topic heading...

(I hope the world has finally awakened to the NONSENSE that passes for religion called "Islam". It's a BS religion where people are killed for NOT believing. That isn't very HUMAN. In fact, again, it is BARBARIC and MEDIEVAL. Stop the killing, stop the hatred Islam, and the world will back off. But if you complain bitterly, then thou doth sufferth from "Methinks thou doth protest too much...")

Islam, in my view, predicated on Biblical knowledge, research and understanding, with a emphasis on the Truth, is a religion founded and supported by Satan and the hosts of hell. In view of the products of Islamic culture, as Rick outlines, one can readily define Islam in this way. Not a very well-liked or popularly accepted perspective in our contemporary culture; however, I never claimed to be, nor will I ever support the political correct way of thinking.

Thanks

Oh they wanna summon do they?

Well as long as those hypocritical bastards are in a "summoning" kind of mood....let them summon
    Nasir Ashraf

and let the Pakistani government summon up an apology to this CHRISTIAN INFIDEL who was beaten by some muslim swine for the horrible crime of drinking water.

Thanks

We handed Islamofacists our most technologically advanced and most powerful weapon when we handed them Political Correctness.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

I guess I should have posted this article over, but here is my answer.

The Muslim Problem and What to Do about It
    http://www.transasianaxis.com/

Thanks

GRAND AYATOLLAH MOHAMMAD HUSSEIN FADLALLAH, SENIOR LEBANESE SHIA CLERIC We do not accept the apology through Vatican channels ... and ask him to offer a personal apology - not through his officials - to Muslims for this false reading
    There's a statement of reiteration, but not an apology. There has been no retraction. http://www.zenit.org/english/
    Concerning the reaction of Muslim leaders to certain passages of the Holy Father's address at the University of Regensburg, it should be noted that what the Holy Father has at heart -- and which emerges from an attentive reading of the text -- is a clear and radical rejection of the religious motivation for violence. (emphasis mine)

It was certainly not the intention of the Holy Father to undertake a comprehensive study of the jihad and of Muslim ideas on the subject, still less to offend the sensibilities of Muslim faithful.

Quite the contrary, what emerges clearly from the Holy Father's discourses is a warning, addressed to Western culture, to avoid "the contempt for God and the cynicism that considers mockery of the sacred to be an exercise of freedom" (homily, Sept. 10). A just consideration of the religious dimension is, in fact, an essential premise for fruitful dialogue with the great cultures and religions of the world.

And indeed, in concluding his address in Regensburg, Benedict XVI affirmed how "the world's profoundly religious cultures see this exclusion of the divine from the universality of reason as an attack on their most profound convictions. A reason which is deaf to the divine and which relegates religion to the realm of subcultures is incapable of entering into the dialogue of cultures."

What is clear then, is the Holy Father's desire to cultivate an attitude of respect and dialogue toward other religions and cultures, including, of course, Islam.
    Oh, and apparently it wasn't worth our Pope's time to respond as this comes from Jesuit Father Federico Lombardi, speaking for the Vatican.

Thanks

http://clarityandresolve.com/

Meanwhile In Moderate™ Islamic Turkey...

As Islamosupremacists in Turkey compare Pope Benedict to Hitler there's a hot new novel burning up the Turkish bestseller list (following on the heels of Mein Kampf—no I'm not joking) called Attack on the Pope. And if that's too vague for you, the subtitle is Who will kill Benedict XVI in Istanbul?. (salute to Allahpundit)
    Benedict XVI is set to visit Turkey in November, for those looking to descry omens, here's one that's not terribly encouraging: A potboiler novel currently on bestseller lists in Turkey titled Papa'ya suikast ("Attack on the Pope") predicts that Benedict will be assassinated.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    We handed Islamofacists our most technologically advanced and most powerful weapon when we handed them Political Correctness.
    Absolutely right on in this assessment. The question might be... Is there a way to reverse the damage caused and being continually perpetuated by political correctness? If not, the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming in our direction.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    Absolutely right on in this assessment. The question might be... Is there a way to reverse the damage caused and being continually perpetuated by political correctness? If not, the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming in our direction.
    I also completely agree with Brian.

And to MinutemaCO, I'll add that I don't believe we'll every change our PC ways.

The headlight of that train headed our way has a seat reserved for us - we bought and paid for it with our PC BS.

Thanks

*I* for one will NOT accept Political Correctness. I never will. And anyone that wants to play PC can kiss my white ass.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This has got to be the quote of the day. If it weren't so sad and pathetic.....it would be funny.

“Anyone who describes Islam as a religion as intolerant encourages violence” ....Pakistan Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam

Thanks

Bear with me.

Over the last few years, I’ve read “a little” regarding the true nature of islamoterrorists. And even less regarding Islam.

These past 3 weeks, I’ve read a lot.

And we are in deep f*cking sh*t unless we pull our collective heads out.

This morning on Bill Bennett’s Morning in America, Steve Malzberg interviewed Feisal Abdul Rauf, the author of What's Right with Islam: A New Vision for Muslims and the West.

Feisal Abdul Rauf. Pic from JihadWatch

Early in the program, he stated the Pope’s remarks were, and I quote, “disingenuous.” Steve didn't spend much time on that, plus I was just waking up.

Here is an editorial review of What's Right... by Publishers Weekly:
    Amazon.com

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly

Rauf, a Manhattan imam whose mosque is only 12 blocks from the World Trade Center site, argues that what keeps the Islamic world and America apart, and what fuels Islamic terrorism, is economics, politics, Muslim defensiveness—everything but religion. In fact, Rauf believes that America best represents Islam's true values. His major theme is the existence of an "Abrahamic ethic" which undergirds all the monotheistic religions and extols equality and justice. If Muslims, especially American Muslims, harness this Abrahamic ethic, Rauf promises Islam will once again contribute to the universal striving for a better society. In countering Bernard Lewis's What Went Wrong?, Rauf raises numerous valid points: the U.S. overthrow of democratic Islamic regimes in Iran and Indonesia; U.S. creation and sponsorship of Afghan mujahideen to fight the Soviet Union; the anti-Muslim bias of American media (a point echoed by Karen Armstrong in the foreword); the massive, debilitating effect colonization had on most of the Islamic world; and the "drawing [of] lines" in the Middle East and South Asia by European powers after WWI and WWII, dooming countries with wildly diverse populations to perpetual unrest. However, Rauf presents these points sporadically and less eloquently than some previous commentators. The book's strengths include a concise history of Islam as well as brief but valuable insights into the American Muslim community. The few references to his own personal story also resonate: "Like many immigrants from Muslim lands, I discovered my Islam in America."
    Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Now, the items highlighted in the review above are exactly how Rauf tried to explain away - HOW HE JUSTIFIED - the acts of terrorism perpetrated by Osama bin Laden.

This guy is nothing buy an Ismaloterrorist apologist. And he works his craft right down the street from where the WTC was attacked and destroyed.

Please read this March 2002 butt-kissing interview of Rauf conducted by PBS/Frontline

In the following interview, Rauf thinks it’s all ‘Bush’s fault‘ - to use the Left‘s vernacular.
    BeliefNet.com

Islam and America, Three Years After 9/11

Far from being incompatible, Islamic values and American values are very similar, says a Muslim leader.

Interview by Laura Sheahen

SNIP

Laura Sheahen:
    About the media: Muslim leaders frequently condemn terrorism, but many non-Muslim Americans don’t seem to be aware of that. Why is there the perception that no one is speaking out?

Rauf:
    The media is not amplifying the message of these condemnations as much as they could. Another reason is that American foreign policy has contributed to a lot of the rage and anger in the Muslim world. It’s important that America is seen as even-handed in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

It’s also important that America not be seen as a marketer of ethics which are not acceptable not only to Muslims, but to believers, whether they are Muslims, Christians or Jews. We don’t like pornography, something which reduces family values, the violence we see from Hollywood. That’s the picture people are seeing of America.

SNIP

Laura Sheahen:
    Some Christians point to violent passages in the Qur’an. Other Christians point out there are similarly violent passages in the Bible. Do Muslims tend to downplay these Qur’an passages just as Christians do with the Bible? For example, at a Christian church service in America, you’re unlikely to hear a Bible passage where people are urged to kill each other even though such things are in the Bible. Is it the same with the Qur’an? Would such passages be read at mosques?

Rauf:
    They are certainly not mentioned as the meat of the religion. Having said that, [some] groups feel that Islam is under attack--a few young males say, "the West is engaged in a crash of civilization, they want to destroy Islam, we have to protect it." So they would draw from these controversial passages in the Qur’an.

SNIP

Laura Sheahen:
    What do you wish writers like Bernard Lewis, who have been very critical of Islam, understood about Islam? Your book points out that they are not getting certain things.

Rauf:
    I wish they would speak more of the multicultural heritage of Islam and point out that the conflict is not one of religion but one of issues of power, issues of economics. It’s not religion so much; it’s a way of thinking how to structure societies.

What they contend is a problem with the religion of Islam is really a problem with the mindset of people or governments or people in power.

Fascism can exist under any ideology. Fascism can exist under Christianity, which happened [with] the Inquisition in Spain or other parts of Europe. Fascism can exist under atheism, like what happened under the Communist world. It can happen under Islam, which has happened with the Taliban. Some people even believe the McCarthy era in this country was the closest we came to a fascism under democracy.

But we must not confuse fascism with Christianity and say that what happened in the Inquisition came out of Christian ideology. We have seen fascism now in the name of Islam.

Laura Sheahen:
    What have you been hearing from the U.S. Muslim community about profiling at, for example, airports? How do you see the situation and what do you wish would happen?

Rauf:
    There’s no doubt we’ve been profiled since 9/11. The Patriot Act has kind of made Muslims... there’s a sense of "guilty till proven innocent" rather than the other way around. Certainly the Cat Stevens [detainment] and the [Tariq] Ramadan incident.

Cat Stevens becomes a Muslim and talks about Muslim issues and that’s looked at differently. Madonna takes Jewish Kabbalism. We don’t say that because Madonna practices Jewish mysticism and has gone to Israel, she’s embraced the philosophy of Sharon or she is becoming a rabid, anti-Arab settler-type person. So why should we associate Cat Stevens, who has become a practicing, devout Muslim, with terrorism?

SNIP

I wasn’t able to find Steve Malzberg’s interview of Rauf online yet.

Please search for it and read it. Although it’s just another page in this mess, it is very eye opening for those with their eyes yet closed.

Banned
    Thanks

IT DOES NOT GET ANY CLEARER THAN THIS. THIS IS SOMETHING EVERYONE MUST READ IN ITS ENTIRETY. PUT EVERYTHING ELSE ASIDE AND READ THIS UNITERUPTED.

A Sermon for the West

The American Enterprise Online | January 10, 2003

On October 22, 2002, Oriana Fallaci addressed an audience at the American Enterprise Institute. Following are short excerpts from her talk. Ms. Fallaci, a native of Florence, Italy and a life-long journalist, caused turmoil across Europe with the publication of her book The Rage and the Pride, calling the West to stand up to the Islamic world.
    "I don’t hide. I never have. I stay at home because I like to stay at home, and at home I work. I have not appeared in public for at least ten years. No interviews, no TV.
    Why am I here, then? Because, since September 11, we are at war. Because the front line of that war is here, in America. Because when I was a war correspondent, I liked to be on the front line. And this time, in this war, I do not feel as a war correspondent. I feel as a soldier. The duty of a soldier is to fight. And to fight this war, I deploy a personal weapon. It is not a gun. It’s a small book, The Rage and The Pride.
    My soldier weapon is the weapon of truth. The truth that begins with the truth I maintain in these pages:
    From Afghanistan to Sudan, from Palestine to Pakistan, from Malaysia to Iran, from Egypt to Iraq, from Algeria to Senegal, from Syria to Kenya, from Libya to Chad, from Lebanon to Morocco, from Indonesia to Yemen, from Saudi Arabia to Somalia, the hate for the West swells like a fire fed by the wind. And the followers of Islamic fundamentalism multiply like a protozoa of a cell which splits to become two cells then four then eight then sixteen then thirty-two to infinity. Those who are not aware of it only have to look at the images that the TV brings us every day. The multitudes that impregnate the streets of Islamabad, the squares of Nairobi, the mosques of Tehran. The ferocious faces, the threatening fists. The fires that burn the American flag and the photos of Bush.
    The clash between us and them is not a military clash. Oh, no. It is a cultural one, a religious one. And our military victories do not solve the offensive of Islamic terrorism. On the contrary, they encourage it. They exacerbate it, they multiply it. The worst is still to come.”
    President Bush has said, “We refuse to live in fear.”
    Beautiful sentence, very beautiful. I loved it! But inexact, Mr. President, because the West does live in fear. People are afraid to speak against the Islamic world. Afraid to offend, and to be punished for offending, the sons of Allah. You can insult the Christians, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Jews. You can slander the Catholics, you can spit on the Madonna and Jesus Christ. But, woe betide the citizen who pronounces a word against the Islamic religion.
    My small book is not tender with Islam. In certain passages, it is even ferocious. But it is much more ferocious with us: with us Italians, us Europeans, us Americans.
    I call my book a sermon—addressed to the Italians, to the Europeans, the Westerners. And along with the rage, this sermon unchains the pride for their culture, my culture. That culture that in spite of its mistakes, its faults, even monstrosities, has given so much to the world. It has moved us from the tents of the deserts and the huts of the woods to the dignity of civilization. It has given us the concept of beauty, of morals, of freedom, of equality. It has made the unique conquest in the social field, in the realm of science. It has wiped out diseases. It has invented all the tools that make life easier and more intelligent, those tools that our enemy can also use, for instance, to kill us. It has brought us to the moon and to Mars.
    The above cannot be said of the other culture. A culture, which has produced and produces only religion, which in every sense imprisons women inside the burkah or the chador, which is never accompanied by a drop of freedom, a drop of democracy, which subjugates its people under theocratical, oppressive regimes.
    Socrates and Aristotle and Heraclitus were not mullahs. Jesus Christ, neither. Leonardo da Vinci and Michaelangelo, and Galileo, and Copernicus, and Newton and Pasteur and Einstein, the same.
    My book is also a j’accuse. To accuse us of cowardice, hypocrisy, demagogy, laziness, moral misery, and of all that comes with that. The stupidity of the unbearable fad of political correctness, for instance. The paucity of our schools, our universities, our young people, people who often don’t even know the story of their country, the names Jefferson, Franklin, Robespierre, Napoleon, Garibaldi. And no understanding that freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline.
    I accuse ourselves also of another crime: the loss of passion. Haven’t you understood what drives our enemies? What permits them to fight this war against us? The passion! They have passion! They have so much passion that they can die for it!
    Their leaders, too, of course. I met Khomeini. I discussed with him for more than six hours in calm, and I tell you that that man was a man of passion. I never met bin Laden. But I have well observed his eyes. I have well listened to his voice. And I tell you that that man is a man of passion. We have lost passion.
    Well, I have not. I boil with passion. I, too, am ready to die for passion. But around me, I see no passion. Even those who hate me and attack me and insult me do this without passion. They are mollusks, not men and women. And a civilization, a culture, cannot survive without passion, cannot be saved without passion. If the West does not wake up, if we do not refind passion, we are lost.
    To quote from my book:
    “The problem is that the solution does not depend upon the death of Osama bin Laden. Because the Osama bin Ladens are too many, by now: as cloned as the sheep of our research laboratories…. In fact, the best trained and the more intelligent do not stay in the Muslim countries... They stay in our own countries, in our cities, our universities, our business companies. They have excellent bonds with our churc hes, our banks, our televisions, our radios, our newspapers, our publishers, our academic organizations, our unions, our political parties…. Worse, they live in the heart of a society that hosts them without questioning their differences, with- out checking their bad intentions, without penalizing their sullen fanaticism.
    If we continue to stay inert, they will become always more and more. They will demand always more and more, they will vex and boss us always more and more. ’Til the point of subduing us. Therefore, dealing with them is impossible. Attempting a dialogue, unthinkable. Showing indulgence, suicidal. And he or she who believes the contrary is a fool.

Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 19th, 2006 at 17:45.

Thanks

This lady was nothing short of brilliant. A brilliant jewel. Her country and the free world mourn her. She passed away 4 days ago in her native Florence, Italy on Sept. 15, 2006.
    If I may, I'd like to politely disagree with her on this one small issue.

Haven’t you understood what drives our enemies? What permits them to fight this war against us? The passion! They have passion! They have so much passion that they can die for it!
    I believe what drives our enemies is not passion but HATRED.
    Hatred is the not a "quality" that they possess is such an abundance that they can die for it. Hate is an infection. They hate the USA, they hate the American people, they hate the Isreali people, they hate democracy, they hate freedom, they hate anything non-islamic and I believe they even hate each other, maybe to a lesser degree than they hate us...but it's hate none the less. Hate is what motivates and drives these people.

The ferocious faces, the threatening fists. The fires that burn the American flag and the photos of Bush.
    Ferocious and threatening? HATE. Nothing but hate. Pure, evil hate.
    Let them hate us if they wish.....we will defend lifes good ideals....and we WILL prevail over hate.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bagadonuts View Post
    This lady was nothing short of brilliant. A brilliant jewel. Her country and the free world mourn her. She passed away 4 days ago in her native Florence, Italy on Sept. 15, 2006.
    If I may, I'd like to politely disagree with her on this one small issue.

I believe what drives our enemies is not passion but HATRED.
    Hatred is the not a "quality" that they possess is such an abundance that they can die for it. Hate is an infection. They hate the USA, they hate the American people, they hate the Isreali people, they hate democracy, they hate freedom, they hate anything non-islamic and I believe they even hate each other, maybe to a lesser degree than they hate us...but it's hate none the less. Hate is what motivates and drives these people.
    Joey,

I agree. "Passion" was definitely the wrong term for Oriana Fallaci to use. I have to wonder if this was originally done in Italian and translates to English this way?

In any case, suicidal maniacs do not commit their acts out of "passion", they do so because the ideology they were brainwashed into since childhood makes it obligatory for them.

Everyone: seeing is believing... see children being brainwashed in islamofascist hate before your own eyes in the YouTube video link below ... these children will someday murder your own children unless we put a stop to this madness NOW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HlaVpqUXF0
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 19th, 2006 at 18:15.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post

A Sermon for the West

By Oriana Fallaci

The American ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Enterpriselace> Online | January 10, 2003
    fficeffice" />>>

SNIP

If we continue to stay inert, they will become always more and more. They will demand always more and more, they will vex and boss us always more and more. ’Til the point of subduing us. Therefore, dealing with them is impossible. Attempting a dialogue, unthinkable. Showing indulgence, suicidal. And he or she who believes the contrary is a fool.”>>
    And there it is.

The choice is ours.

Thanks

eye opening video. No extreme radicals there, just the regular version of Islam and all the hate that comes with it. We can continue to blame "radicals" or we can wake up to the reality of what Islam is.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thread Information