Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patriot Day

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Patriot Day

I know this board has moved from an active community to more of a historical repository of information but I still want to keep certain events alive, like changing the home page to each of those killed 21 years ago today.

If I'm honest, this 9/11 has kind of snuck up on me between work and the rapidly changing world events of Ukrainian victories over Russia I have been trying to keep track of over the last couple days.

That said, it is no less a memorable and somber event 21 years later than it was that morning, watching helpless people jump dozens of stories to their certain death and those towers fall or, the last courageous moments on Flight 93.

I'm on a number of Conservative/2A/Patriot related mailing lists and the only 9/11 remembrance email I see in my inbox as of posting this is from my local range. Maybe now that we're 20+1 it's officially, unofficially fallen off everyone's radar and people are "moving on".

That does certainly seem to be the case with the DoD: National Defense Service Medal won’t be awarded after December

So, just a reminder, it's up to each of us, anyone who is still reading anything posted here, to keep that fire of remembrance burning.

God Bless us and those we lost that day.

ETA: As of this morning, I actually did get a couple more emails from vendors you'd expect but just a handful.

Thanks

For anyone still reading this...

After having the whole day to take in, I'm not sure what's different this year versus last, but it seems like I've seen markedly more remembrance and reflection of 9/11 this year than last.

Maybe it had something to do with COVID overshadowing everything last year. I don't know.

This makes me feel a little better than last anniversary.

That said said, I have seen a definite uptick in the conspiracy assholes. They can eat shit and choke on it. I watched that day happen.

Thanks

I still remember that morning vividly. all these years later, it's still crystal clear.

Hope you're doing well, Ryan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    I still remember that morning vividly. all these years later, it's still crystal clear.

Hope you're doing well, Ryan.
    Doing as best as can be expected given the current state of affairs. Thanks! Hope you're well as well.

Like you, I still remember that morning quite vividly also.

Last Sunday, 9/10, I was out in my shop working on my truck. Had the TV on to watch the Bengals. Left it on through the game after. The second game concluded and I was still at work when 60 Minutes came on. They ran a feature piece on 9/11. Seeing all those sights and sounds from that day still makes me sad and angry, especially the folks that jumped.

Thread Information