Thread: Palin-Biden debate

Thanks

Default Palin-Biden debate

I expect this confrontation to be significant and a topic unto itself so I'll start off the thread with a polite request for a good link to watch the debate via internet instant replay. Likely, several others as well as myself will be preempted from the live action, so a good full length video link would be much appreciated for this event. Thank you.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Palin-Biden debate

Bump...somebody help sami...
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Dunno... Fox News or CNN may have a live feed.

Thanks

Thanks

I managed to watch the RNC speeches on Fox just a half hour late. I did in fact watch the McCain Obama duel, but there were no cnn or fox leads. Finally I watched it in 11 parts, shuffling from one utube 2 another. Thanks.

Oh, and Sarah- remember not to bring the real Blackberry for research notes. Bring Piper's toy stuffed one that looks real and has a red flashlight. Shine it right between Joe's eyes and throw it at him. When he shrieks- (no lip synch or prompter now)-- "That's right Joe Blow- I'm gunna whoop yer commy black butt up and down Constitution avenue". When he protests racism and reminds you he is in fact white, remind him- "Hey- Joe's right. And Obamma aint no brother either- he's an oreo with cherry red lining."
    That should get things rollin.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

VP debate moderator's impartiality questioned

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer Wed Oct 1, 11:42 PM ET

AP Photo: In this image released by The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer, PBS correspondent Gwen Ifill is...

NEW YORK - PBS journalist Gwen Ifill, moderator of the upcoming vice presidential debate, dismissed conservative questions about her impartiality because she is writing a book that includes material on Barack Obama.

Ifill said Wednesday that she hasn't even written her chapter on Obama for the book "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama," which is to be published by Doubleday on Jan. 20, 2009, the day a new president is inaugurated.

"I've got a pretty long track record covering politics and news, so I'm not particularly worried that one-day blog chatter is going to destroy my reputation," Ifill said. "The proof is in the pudding. They can watch the debate tomorrow night and make their own decisions about whether or not I've done my job."

The day before the Joe Biden-Sarah Palin debate, columnist Michelle Malkin wrote in the New York Post about Ifill's book, saying "she's so far in the tank for the Democratic presidential candidate, her oxygen delivery line is running out."

In its online description of the book, Doubleday says that Ifill "surveys the American political landscape, shedding new light on the impact of Barack Obama's stunning presidential campaign and introducing the emerging young African American politicians forging a bold new path to political power."

The McCain campaign found out about Ifill's book in the last day or so, a spokesman said.

Ifill said Obama's story, which she has yet to write, is only a small part of the book, which discusses how politics in the black community have changed since the civil rights era. Among those subjects is Colin Powell, secretary of state in the Bush administration.

The host of PBS' "Washington Week" and senior correspondent on "The NewsHour" said she did not tell the Commission on Presidential Debates about the book. The commission had no immediate comment when contacted by The Associated Press. A spokeswoman for John McCain's campaign did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages.

Ifill's resume includes jobs at The New York Times, the Washington Post and NBC News. She moderated the 2004 vice presidential debate between Dick Cheney and John Edwards.

She said it was the publisher, not herself, who set the Inauguration Day release date. It will be released then whether Obama wins or loses.

Although Malkin raised the topic of Ifill's impartiality the day before the debate, the PBS journalist said that Time magazine noted she was writing a book in August, and that it has been available for pre-sale on Amazon.com. The book also is mentioned in a Sept. 4 interview she gave the Washington Post.

Ifill questions why people assume that her book will be favorable toward Obama.

"Do you think they made the same assumptions about Lou Cannon (who is white) when he wrote his book about Reagan?" said Ifill, who is black.

Asked if there were racial motives at play, she said, "I don't know what it is. I find it curious."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/...eOAqufbhZh24cA

Thanks

Fox will be live tonight, as well CNN.

Fox has a news feed that seems to work sometimes, but not always.

I suggest you go to Foxnews.com and check out various links there. There's a piece of software they use and you can download it to catch some live stuff.

I don't have the link or know the name of the stuff though, sorry.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ifill questions why people assume that her book will be favorable toward Obama.
    Huh? It might have something to do with the title. lol. If Obama wins, she stands to gain $300,000.00+. If Obama wins, conservatives had better start speaking up instead of trying to take the gentleman's approach. It's killing us. I hope Sarah Palin does well tonight yet she'll be portrayed badly no matter what after the debate is over. Whether this mod is able to be impartial or not isn't the point, although she kept this book from that commission which in itself shows an ethical issue, the election committee should have chosen somebody who isn't releasing a book on one of the candidates. Just unbelievable.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

sami,
    Fox News will indeed have a live feed on their site. Just saw them advertising it on their cable channel.

Thanks

Thanks, folks. I caught the last end and watched all mini-bites on utube.

Here's my favorite.
    http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=w7LAi5...eature=related

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

I thought she did fine. I also thought that both of them were a little bit too sugary for me. lol

They both made comments like "I think we both agree on that subject" and "I respect your position on this".

LOL

Otherwise, she looked good, stumbled on her words a couple of times and came off sounding natural, normal and unpracticed even though I am hearing news reporters still talking about "well, she had plenty of information read to her" and "She reads well" (implying that she was reading her answers).

Oh well.

Biden was continually snotty about several things. He seemed bitter to me.

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

My favorite part...

PALIN: Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again...
    Instantly reminded me of:

Thanks

There was a little too much canned talking points and buzz phrases thrown by both sides for my liking.

In my perfect little fantasy world they'd be sitting down in some coffee joint just talking off the cuff with real unscripted unrehearsed thoughts and opinions. But this is politics at the national level in 2008. That ain't gonna happen.

Thanks

I think that they have to hit the talking points or people won't see them as having thought stuff through.

However, she came off, in my opinion as exactly what she is. A down to earth, normal, every day Tax Payer who got pissed at her government because it was doing WRONG and went to FIX it.

We need a lot more like her, to be honest.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    In my perfect little fantasy world they'd be sitting down in some coffee joint just talking off the cuff with real unscripted unrehearsed thoughts and opinions. But this is politics at the national level in 2008. That ain't gonna happen.
    In my fantasy world, it would be this:

and it would have ended with Sarah leaving Biden strung upside down from the middle.

Thread Information