Thread: Format Question

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Format Question

When I cut and paste my post from my WP to here, I lose all my paragraphs, tabs, etc. Am I doing something wrong, and if so, what can I do to fix this?

I have 2 pages in outline form for Field Sanitation and Hygiene, and I'd hate to continue in that form when I'll just have to revert to paragraphs to post here.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Format Question

I think it really depends on how you are copying something. If you are just using something like "Ctrl+C" or "Right Click+Copy" then it will more often than not keep the original format.

Doing the same from a word processor (i.e. Microsoft Word) can cause some odd errors (smilie faces in odd places). I'm not sure what causes this.

If however, you are using something like the Firefox extension "Copy as plain text" or copying to a text editor like Microsoft Notepad before copying to the message editor, you may be losing some formatting that way.

What I do when posting articles is I first copy to Microsoft Word (mostly to spell check everything) and make sure the layout is correct, then copy over to Microsoft Notepad to remove any of the oddities that Microsoft Office may add in. Then I copy from there over to the message editor here.

You may also try switching your message editor from the WYSIWYG mode that is default to another mode and see if that helps. You can do this by clicking on the button in the upper right hand corner of the message editor that has a small letter "A" and then a stylized letter "A". If I recall correctly, the one with the white background is more of a text editor style.

Hope that helps!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Re: Format Question

Thanks Ryan, I'll give that a try.

Thread Information