Thread: Bin Laden Dead (Again)

Thanks

Default Bin Laden Dead (Again)

Since Bin/Zark "are dead" threads pop up fairly often, I'll drop in today's.

It comes from National Review Online.

---
    http://www.nationalreview.com/ledeen...0601090808.asp

January 09, 2006, 8:08 a.m.
    One Moment in Time
    Our age of revolution.

There's an old Chinese theory according to which the best way to understand historical events is not to reconstruct the sequence of "causes" by which the events were "produced," but rather to look at the unique characteristics of the moment in which the events occurred. I know there's an old Chinese theory for most anything, but this one has stayed with me ever since I first read about it in an essay by Carl Gustav Jung, and back in the Eighties it occurred to me that Pope John Paul II had understood its wisdom. The pope once remarked that there were times when dramatic change was impossible, and at such moments anyone who tried to achieve it was like the fool beating his head against a stone wall. But there were other times when the acts of a single individual could change the world. He knew he was living at such a time, and he saw his mission as inspiring individuals to take those actions, and change the world for the better. That was one reason why his famous call, "be not afraid," was so right for those times, and why a handful of brave individuals famously changed the world.
    [Munched]

This historical moment is not easy to understand, since we are in transition from a relatively stable world, dominated by a handful of major powers, to something we cannot yet define, since it is up to us to shape it. It seems clear, however, that there is a greater rapidity of change, accompanied — inevitably — by the passing of the leaders of the old order. This is particularly clear in the Middle East, where seven key figures have been struck down in the past six years: King Hussein of Jordan in February, 1999. King Hassan of Morocco in July of the same year. Syrian dictator Hafez al Assad in June of 2000. Yasser Arafat of the PLO in April, 2004. King Fahd of Saudi Arabia in May of last year. Ariel Sharon of Israel was incapacitated by a stroke in early January. And, according to Iranians I trust, Osama bin Laden finally departed this world in mid-December. The al Qaeda leader died of kidney failure and was buried in Iran, where he had spent most of his time since the destruction of al Qaeda in Afghanistan. The Iranians who reported this note that this year's message in conjunction with the Muslim Haj came from his number two, Ayman al-Zawahiri, for the first time.
    This remarkable tempo of change is not likely to diminish, as old and/or sick men are in key positions in several countries: Israel's Shimon Peres is 82. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is 82 (and his designated successor, Prince Sultan, is 81, and was recently operated for stomach cancer). Iran's Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, although probably in his sixties, is said to have serious liver cancer, and is not expected to survive the next year.
    And, of course, the patient activities of the Grim Reaper are not the only source of revolutionary change in the region. Saddam was a relatively young man (mid-sixties) when he was toppled by Coalition forces; the deposed Taliban leaders were relatively young as well (Mullah Omar is barely 50); and the likes of Bashar Assad, the Iranian mullahs (Khamenei is probably in his early sixties), and even the legions of the Saudi royal family have to contend with mounting animus from the West, and mounting cries for freedom from their own people.
    Much of the demographic component of rapid change comes from the enormous disparity between leaders and people. The wizened ayatollahs of Iran, like the gerontarchs of Saudi Arabia, seek to contain the passions of a population one or two generations younger, which is probably one reason why the mullahs turned to a youngster, the fanatical Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to crush all potential opposition to the Islamic republic. Most Iranians, two thirds of whom are younger than 35, do not take kindly to the white beard and beturbaned tyrants who have banned Western music and just last week began speaking of segregating the sidewalks of the country by sex; males on one side, females on the other, even as they announced the execution of a woman who dared defend herself against a rapist.
    In short, both demography and geopolitics make this an age of revolution, as President Bush seems to have understood. Rarely have there been so many opportunities for the advance of freedom, and rarely have the hard facts of life and death been so favorable to the spread of democratic revolution.
    The architect of 9/11 and the creator of Palestinian terrorism are gone. The guiding lights of our terrorist enemies are sitting on cracking thrones, challenged by young men and women who look to us for support. Not just words, and, above all, not promises that the war against the terror masters will soon end with a premature abandonment of what was always a miserably limited battlefield. This should be our moment.
    Faster. Please?

Thanks

Default Re: Bin Laden Dead (Again)

Time to issue silver bullets...

EM

Banned
    Thanks

Here's another expert piping up that Osama bin Laden is dead. This one is the most recent I have recieved from Down Under. Yellow highlighting mein for emphasis. (Yellow parens my comments on the text.)

Expert says Bin Laden could be dead

16jan06

A terrorism expert says he has seen evidence showing al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is either seriously ill or dead.

Dr Clive Williams, director of terrorism studies at the Australian National University, says documents provided by an Indian colleague suggested bin Laden died of massive organ failure in April last year.

"It does seem reasonably convincing based on the evidence that I've been provided with that he's certainly either severely incapacitated or dead at this stage," Dr Williams said.

Dr Williams said Ayman al-Zawahiri, bin Laden's deputy who was the target of a US air strike in Pakistan last week, has been making all statements on behalf of the terror network for the past year. (True - OBL has not been heard from since the US election speech of late October 2004.)

Dr Williams said proving whether the terrorist leader was still alive might be impossible. (True) "It's hard to prove or disprove these things because there hasn't really been anything that allows you to make a judgment one way or the other," Dr Williams said.

"But it does seem strange that Dr Zawahiri has been making all of the statements since then, and nothing's been heard from bin Laden since, I think, the December of the year before." (Close, but no cigar.)
    Dr Williams said even if bin Laden was dead, those who upheld the same philosophies would continue to fight for their cause. (True. it doesn't matter one whit if OBL, al-Zawahiri and al-Zarqawi all bit the big one because :

A. The global jihad comes directly from the teaching of the Quran, and
    B. Therewill always be a Muslim leader stepping up to carry the black flag of Jihad.

Now it seems clear that function has been claimed and fully undertaken by the President of Iran, Mahmoud Admadi-Nejad.)

Thanks

Al Jizz is reporting that Osama is back from the grave and offering a truce. Of course, I seem to recall he did something similar before, this may just be a recut or a voice impersonator.

-Mal

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...1A9678D922.htm

hursday 19 January 2006, 18:39 Makka Time, 15:39 GMT
    Bin Laden had not been heard from since December 2004
    Related:
    Al-Zawahiri: Bin Ladin still in charge

Tools:
    Email Article
    Print Article
    Send Your Feedback

In an audio tape broadcast on Aljazeera, Osama bin Laden has warned that al-Qaida was preparing an attack very soon, but also offered Americans a "long-term truce".

"The new operations of al-Qaida has not happened not because we could not penetrate the security measures. It is being prepared and you'll see it in your homeland very soon," the voice attributed to bin Laden said, apparently addressing Americans.
    But the voice on the tape, which appeared to be aimed at the American public, also offered a truce: "We do not mind establishing a long-term truce between us and you."
    The tape, broadcast on Thursday, comes after months more than a year of silence from the al-Qaida leader.
    "This message is about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and how to end those wars," it began.
    "It was not my intention to talk to you about this, because those wars are definitely going our way.
    "But what triggered my desire to talk to you is the continuous deliberate misinformation given by your President [George] Bush, when it comes to polls made in your home country which reveal that the majority of your people are willing to withdraw US forces from Iraq.
    Americans want peace
    "We know that the majority of your people want this war to end and opinion polls show the Americans don't want to fight the Muslims on Muslim land, nor do they want Muslims to fight them on their (US) land.
    "The new operations of al-Qaida has not happened not because we could not penetrate the security measures. It is being prepared and you'll see it in your homeland very soon"
    Osama bin Laden
    "But Bush does not want this and claims that it's better to fight his enemies on their land rather than on American land.

"Bush tried to ignore the polls that demanded that he end the war in Iraq.
    "We are getting increasingly stronger while your situation is getting from bad to worse," he told the US, referring to poor US troop morale and the huge economic losses inflicted by the war.
    "The war in Iraq is raging and the operations in Afghanistan are increasing."
    Truce offer
    "In response to the substance of the polls in the US, which indicate that Americans do not want to fight Muslims on Muslim land, nor do they want Muslims to fight them on their land, we do not mind offering a long-term truce based on just conditions that we will stick to.
    "We are a nation that Allah banned from lying and stabbing others in the back, hence both parties of the truce will enjoy stability and security to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan, which were destroyed by war.
    "In response to the substance of the polls in the US, which indicate that Americans do not want to fight Muslims ... we do not mind offering a long-term truce based on just conditions that we will stick to"
    Bin Laden
    "There is no problem in this solution, but it will prevent hundreds of billions from going to influential people and warlords in America - those who supported Bush's electoral campaign - and from this, we can understand Bush and his gang's insistence on continuing the war."

Addressing Americans again, he said: "If your desire for peace, stability and reconciliation was true, here we have given you the answer to your call."
    Bin Laden, who had not been heard of since a 27 December 2004 audiotape in which he anointed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Iraq's most wanted man, as al-Qaida's leader in Iraq, also said his network was winning the war against the US.
    "I would like to tell you that everything is going to our advantage and the number of your dead is increasing, according to Pentagon figures."
    Ayman al-Zawahiri, bin Laden's deputy, said in a September videotape that his leader was still alive and leading the jihad against the West.

Thanks

I'll add that what Osama is offering, if anything at all is a Hudna. Or Temporary peace. Essentially when Moos are getting their asses blown to bits, they offer a "truce", a false truce called a Hudna. It's simply to let them re-group while the heat is off.

-Mal

Thanks

In other news, Bin Laden has offered Mr. Murtha a position in his depleted leadership ranks, and the Democrats have offered Bin Laden the job of Minority Whip.

Osama's official Declaration of War said there were to be no negotiations with the infidels, only destruction and subjugation.

If this is Bin Laden (I think it is, because Al Qaeda's news network, Al Jazeera, knows the provenance of these tapes), he is not making this offer from a position of strength.

EM

Thanks

Cut and Run Murtha, the same dink who says we shouldn't leave Iraq so that it looks like a victory :0. What a douche nozzle.

In other news...

http://news.yahoo.com/

CIA Confirms It's Bin Laden on Audiotape

AP - 20 minutes ago CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Jazeera on Thursday aired an audiotape from Osama bin Laden, who says al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offers a truce on "fair" but undefined conditions. The CIA has authenticated the voice on the tape as that of bin Laden, an agency official said.

----
    Ole binny regened some organs apparently.

-Mal

Thanks

From Nihilist in Golf Pants:

Top 11 Highlights of the New Osama Bin Laden Tape

11. Outraged that Bush would wiretap him without a warrant

10. Is “troubled’ by the Alito nomination

9. Issued a fatwa banning Chad the Elder from playing hockey

8. Wholeheartedly endorses the McCain anti-Torture Amendment

7. Wants to know where he can get his hands on a Brokeback Mountain bootleg DVD

6. Denied ever being a member of ZZ Top

5. Regrets that Bush made him kill Cindy Sheehan’s son

4. Warns the producers of “24” not to portray Muslims as terrorists

3. Upset that people keep saying that he’s dead

2. Threatened more terrorist attacks unless Fox agrees to broadcast another season of “The Simple Life”

1. Wants Jimmy Carter to negotiate a truce
    -------------------------------------------

EM

Thanks

And he's dead yet again!
    -Mal

----------
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...243.shtml?s=et

Rep. Curt Weldon, who broke the Able Danger story last year revealing that military intelligence had identified lead hijacker Mohamed Atta as a terrorist threat before the 9/11 attacks, now says that Osama bin Laden has died.

Weldon made the stunning claim during an interview Wednesday with the Philadelphia Inquirer, which reported: "Weldon is making explosive new allegations. He says a high-level source has told him that terrorist leader Osama bin Laden has died in Iran, where he has been in hiding."
    Weldon cited as his source an Iranian exile code-named Ali, telling the paper: "Ali's told me that Osama bin Laden is dead. He died in Iran."

Weldon said he last spoke to Ali three weeks ago. The Iranian exile was a prominent source for his 2005 book, "Countdown to Terror." The book also contained the first mention of the Able Danger data mining operation.
    The Pennsylvania Republican has long alleged that bin Laden has been using Iran for sanctuary.

In June last year, Weldon said in a TV interview: "I'm confident that I know for sure that [bin Laden] has been in and out of Iran ... Two years ago, he was in the southern town of Ladis, 10 kilometers inside the Pakistan border. I also know that earlier this year, he had a meeting with al-Zarqawi in Tehran ...

"If you look at the recent comments coming out of both the CIA and some of our military generals in theater, they're now acknowledging the same thing that I've been saying - that in fact, he's been in and out of Iran.
    "[But] no one can prove it exactly until we capture him."

Banned
    Thanks

"Ali" is, according to someone I know well, one outstanding HUMINT source on many, many things going on in Iran. He is apparently very well connected to internal resistance fighting the Islamic regime. Still, irregardless of Usama's ambient temperature, this goes more along the information trail that following the events of Tora Bora in late 2001, Usama made his way clandestinely from the Pak-Afghan border to Iran, and he'd been there ever since with his son, Saad, his favourite wife, and other hierarchy of the Qaedat-al-Jihad leadership.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne
    "Ali" is, according to someone I know well, one outstanding HUMINT source on many, many things going on in Iran. He is apparently very well connected to internal resistance fighting the Islamic regime. Still, irregardless of Usama's ambient temperature, this goes more along the information trail that following the events of Tora Bora in late 2001, Usama made his way clandestinely from the Pak-Afghan border to Iran, and he'd been there ever since with his son, Saad, his favourite wife, and other hierarchy of the Qaedat-al-Jihad leadership.
    I am still trying to locate the book that has two seperate Iranian sources corraborating this story.

With more and more reports coming out that Iran is helping insurgents in Iraq, it only makes sense that bin laden is in Iran. With reports of Zarqawi hiding out along the Iraq/Iran border, I have no doubt he frequently goes into Iran. It is quite possible that he meets with bin laden and the two of them formulate strategy.

Thanks

Sounds like they got him.

Thanks

Breaking News, Generalismo Franco is still dead.
    SNL, 1985...
    I watch too much TV>
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Benazir Bhutto- Bin Laden was Murdered

Video of Benazir Bhutto's interview from 3 year ago, at around 2:18 min she mentioned the name of a person who murdered Osama Bin Laden.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I heard Hitler was still dead too.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yeah, I heard good old Elvis is still kickin' it someplace too.... LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information