Thread: U.S. consulate in Monterrey attacked

Thanks

Post U.S. consulate in Monterrey attacked

I don't know if you saw this on the news, maybe it wasn't really broadcast over on the States. Gunmen crashed a vehicle on to the front gate, fired a few shots on the building then threw a grenade, which fortunately didn't explode.

U.S. Consulate in Monterrey Attacked

Monday , October 13, 2008 Posted: 08:21 AM

No injuries reported
    MONTERREY Monterrey, Mexico - Police are trying to figure out a motive after an attack on the U.S. embassy in Monterrey. Two gunmen opened fire on the U.S. consulate building.

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2008/10/1...errey-Attacked

Thanks

Default Re: U.S. consulate in Monterrey attacked

Typical Muslim tactic. I guess the Mexicans are learning.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

No, hadn't heard anything about that. Wonder what the motive was?

Thanks

My bet is on organized crime using scare tactics just because they can... anyways this adds up to the feeling of insecurity by showing that even what we perceived as the unpenetrable bastion of U.S. sovereignity on foreign soil, can be messed with.

Can U.S. military personnel fire into another country if a consulate or embassy is being attacked? (my guess is Hell yeah!) If so, I don't think 4 or 5 guys would mind posting guard duty here in monterrey with a few SAWs and some .50 cal's. That would either deter further attacks or suprise the hell out of any morons who dare attempt something else.

Thanks

Gunshots were fired in the vicinity of the U.S. Consulate in Monterrey on 16 October 2008. Mexican soldiers and police officers immediately surrounded the building, but were unable to find the assailant. Officials have not yet determined whether the gunshots specifically targeted the consulate. The incident follows a similar event at the consulate on 12 October, when unknown assailants fired gunshots and threw a grenade (which did not explode) at the facility in the middle of the night. Authorities have not yet determined whether the two events are linked. The consulate suspended all consular services on 16 October, but is expected to resume normal operations on 17 October. The consulate has heightened security in response to the situation.

Jag

Thread Information