Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenging Obama's Eligibility to be President

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Challenging Obama's Eligibility to be President

Jerome Corsi who helped author the huge book Unfit For Command, the Swiftboaters' book against John Kerry, has a new book coming out on May 14 - Where's the Birth Certificate?: The Case that Barack Obama is not Eligible to be President

This issue is becoming quite the albatross around Obama's neck.

Also, in other surprising news, AZ Gov Jan Brewer vetoed the citizenship requirement bill (I refuse to call it the Birther Bill that it was so popular to refer to it as since, as everyone knows, Birther is a play on the slam of Truther as in 9/11 Truther). Haven't heard if the state legislature is planning an override.

Honestly, who the hell is going to ensure the Constitution is enforced?

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Question of the decade.

With no clear answer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    I hope that with the coming dollar collapse, this issue will not cause the final shot to the throat of our country through civil unrest.
    If it comes to factual light Barry O. is not eligible to be President, in my opinion even many that voted for him will riot, we'll lose what little credibility we have with other free nations, etc.

We're sitting on a lit powder keg.

Thanks

Ryan...

*I* will...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...?csp=obnetwork

Apr 20, 2011
    Copy of Obama birth certificate shown on TV -- persuades Bachmann

09:56 AM

573 Comments 3 Recommend

[IMG]http://c.gigcount.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEzMDMzMDc3MjIyNDYmcHQ9MTMwMzMwNzcyNzEwNS ZwPTEyNTg*MTEmZD1BQkNOZXdzX1NGUF9Mb2NrZV9FbWJlZCZn/PTImbz1jNDQ5MWQzMjllYTk*ZTdiYWU*ZDU1ZmI2MDM4ZmRkOS ZvZj*w.gif[/IMG]
    George Stephanopoulos of ABC's Good Morning America brandished an Internet copy of President Obama's birth certificate today -- and appeared to persuade a Republican critic that the so-called "birther" flap is a non-issue.

"That's what should settle it," said U.S. Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., who is considering a run for next year's Republican presidential nomination.

"I take the president at his word and I think -- again, I would have no problem and apparently the president wouldn't either. Introduce that, we're done. Move on."

Stephanopoulos showed Bachmann a copy of the Certificate of Live Birth published on FactCheck.org.

The exchange starts shortly after the 4:05 mark of the video.
    An excerpt from the interview:
    Stephanopoulos: Well I have the president's certificate right here. It's certified, it's got a certification number. It's got the registrar of the state signed. It's got a seal on it. And it says 'this copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding.'

Bachmann: Well, then that should settle it.
    Stephanopoulos: So it's over?

Bachmann: That's what should settle it. I take the president at his word and I think -- again I would have no problem and apparently the president wouldn't either. Introduce that, we're done. Move on.
    Bachmann noted that the birth certificate isn't a big issue anyway -- budget deficits and the federal debt are.
    See photos of: Barack Obama
    Last edited by American Patriot; April 21st, 2011 at 16:44.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate
    Barrack Obama

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

Ryan’s campaign began to crumble on Monday following the release of embarrassing records from his divorce. In the records, his ex-wife, Boston Public actress Jeri Ryan, said her former husband took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans.

"It’s clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan, 44, said in a statement. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign – the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."

Although Ryan disputed the allegations, saying he and his wife went to one ‘avant-garde’ club in Paris and left because they felt uncomfortable, lashed out at the media and said it was "truly outrageous" that the Chicago Tribune got a judge to unseal the records.

The Republican choice will become an instant underdog in the campaign for the seat of retiring Republican Senator Peter Fitzgerald, since Obama held a wide lead even before the scandal broke.

"I feel for him actually," Obama told a Chicago TV station. "What he’s gone through over the last three days I think is something you wouldn’t wish on anybody."

The Republican state committee must now choose a replacement for Ryan, who had won in the primaries against seven contenders. Its task is complicated by the fact that Obama holds a comfortable lead in the polls and is widely regarded as a rising Democratic star.

The chairwoman of the Illinois Republican Party, Judy Topinka, said at a news conference, after Ryan withdrew, that Republicans would probably take several weeks to settle on a new candidate.
    "Obviously, this is a bad week for our party and our state," she said.

As recently as Thursday, spokesmen for the Ryan campaign still insisted that Ryan would remain in the race. Ryan had defended himself saying, "There’s no breaking of any laws. There’s no breaking of any marriage laws. There’s no breaking of the Ten Commandments anywhere."

The Standard Ltd
    I & M Building, Kenyatta Avenue,
    P.O Box 30080, 00100 GPO, Nairobi-Kenya.

Tel. +254 20 3222111, Fax: +254 20 214467, 229218, 218965.
    Email:
    editorial@eastandard.net, online@eastandard.net
    News roomTel: +254 20 3222111, Fax: +254 20 213108.
    Advertising:
    standard.ads@swiftkenya.com

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Donald Trump in Combative Exchange with Reporter over Obama Birth Certificate

4/19/11 - Here is video from this morning of Donald Trump getting into a combative exchange with ABC News' - and former Clinton White House official - George Stephanopoulos over the issue of President Obama's Birth Certificate. At one point, Trump told him "you've been co-opted by Obama and his minions."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Well, if the Left Wing media touted it then, it should be good enough to tout NOW.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Rep. Michele Bachmann says birther issue is 'over'; joins other Republican presidential hopefuls

By Michael Sheridan
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 11:02 AM

Scott Olson, Steve Pope, Mendel Ngan/Getty

Rep. Michele Backmann has apparently joined former governors Mitt Romney (l.) and Tim Pawlenty (r.) who have turned their backs on theories championed by birthers.

Take our Poll

Bye-bye Birthers

Should the Republican party make a united effort to distance itself from the discredited birther claims?

Related News

Could Republican leaders finally be bailing on birthers?

Tea Party cheerleader Rep. Michele Bachmann - who has repeatedly pandered to those who believe President Obama was not born in the United States - has become the latest presidential wannabe to seek an end to the birther debate.

Bachmann said the issue of Obama's origins was "over" after being presented with a copy of the President's certification of live birth - proof that he was born in the state of Hawaii - on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"It's certified, it's got a certification number, it's got the registrar of the state, signed, it's got a seal on it," George Stephanopoulos told the congresswoman. "And it says this copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding."

Bachmann was quick to reply: "Well, that should settle it," she said. "Move on, end of story."

The Minnesota Republican then stressed that there were far more important things to address in this country.

"That is not the main issue facing the United States right now," she said.

Bachmann has skirted the edge on the birther issue for months. While often insisting she "takes the President at his word," as she did on GMA as well as "Fox & Friends" Wednesday morning, she has never flatly countered their wild claims, either.

Donald Trump and Sarah Palin continue to feed the birther claim that Obama was not born in U.S. (Larry Marano/Getty; Spencer Weiner/AP)

"I'll offer my birth certificate in [the] first debate," the potential 2012 candidate said Monday, feeding without directly addressing the conspiracy - a game played by many Republicans trying to court conservatives.

Other Republicans with an eye on next year's race for the White House have also begun to move away from the birther fringe, suggesting that they may be seeking to shed the discredited theory in the months leading into campaign season.

"I think the citizenship test has been passed. I believe the President was born in the United States," said GOP favorite Mitt Romney last week. "There are real reasons to get this guy out of office."

Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said on MSNBC in March that "I, for one, do not believe that we should be raising that issue. ... I think President Obama was born in the United States."

Mike Huckabee, another popular Republican, called the birther theories "nonsense" and said birthers were wasting "time and energy" making claims that Obama is not eligible to be commander-in-chief.

Of course, not everyone is turning their backs on these conspiracy theorists.

Donald Trump has repeatedly made an issue out of Obama's birth certificate, causing many to dismiss him as a political "sideshow." Yet his efforts have been applauded by another presidential hopeful, Sarah Palin.

"He's not just throwing stones from the sidelines, he's digging in," Palin said April 10 on Fox News.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Every once in a while I ask folks to read an article 3 times.

I'm doing that again.

This starts out about Barry O's birth cert, but stresses something I've mentioned many times before; that I'm not yet sure the majority of American people think this nation is headed in the wrong direction.

I do realize last election things swung back a bit.

2012 will be the big tell.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/04/22/about-the-birth-certificate/print/

About the Birth Certificate

Posted By Benjamin Shapiro On April 22, 2011 @ 12:50 am In Daily Mailer,FrontPage

Two days ago, Matt Drudge linked to a new book by Jerome Corsi, unflinchingly titled Where’s the Birth Certificate? The book immediately leapt to number one on Amazon.com, where it has remained ever since.

The media has shown its usual incredulity at the indisputable stupidity of the American people. How could so many people question President Obama’s birthplace? How could they wonder about his origins? Are they all simply racist?

The answer, of course, is that Americans are desperately seeking an answer to a simple question: why does President Obama appear to be so un-American? The term un-American here is not synonymous with anti-American (though Obama has been that on occasion); instead, it merely signifies that President Obama is unconcerned with typical American principles and traditions. He sees capitalism as selfish and evil, religion as dangerous and oppressive; he sees the Constitution as antiquated and entrepreneurialism as exploitative. He is the representative of the Fareed Zakaria ideology at work, celebrating the post-American world.

When America elects a president like this, many Americans begin wondering how it happened. There are always two answers to such difficult questions: the first is optimistically externally-oriented, while the second is realistically reflexive. It is far easier to believe that the problem of un-Americanism lies outside our borders, that within we are unified. Hence the oddly persistent belief that politics stops at the water’s edge, that our politicians unify around foreign policy. But that belief has been obsolete since the 1960s; hence the persistent outrage when certain politicians (see Pelosi, Nancy) travel abroad and then criticize their fellow American officeholders (see Bush, George W.). We like to think that if we hang together, we will not hang separately.

Thus the stubborn belief that President Obama is born outside the United States. If he was, the unspoken logic goes, we can understand where he picked up his un-American philosophy. He is not one of us – he is rather a member of the same global community that despises America and tolerates Islamism, that slams American consumerism and praises Chinese communism, that rips evangelical Christianity while ignoring Muslim-imposed clitorectomy. We need not worry about our domestic institutions, goes the line of thought – instead, we must focus on protecting ourselves from foreign infiltration.

More realistically, however, President Obama is the culmination of a century of foreign infiltration already in place. The turning of America’s institutions of higher education took place decades ago; it is too little too late to focus on such infiltration now. Beginning in the early 20th century, America’s colleges and universities were infiltrated by German thought, then thought to be the most sophisticated in the world. That school of thought, a merger of Hegelian utopianism and Marxist classism, quickly infected America’s halls of power. Theodore Roosevelt, always trendy, bought into the new “progressivism” with alacrity, jettisoning the Constitution and capitalism in the process. Bringing this perverse ideology to American shores, Teddy announced, “We of to-day who stand for the Progressive movement here in the United States are not wedded to any particular kind of machinery, save solely as means to the end desired.” This was the philosophy of incipient dictatorship. It was brought to its near-term apex under a college professor, Woodrow Wilson, who thought that the Constitution itself needed to be stripped away.

Even as Wilson and Roosevelt began implementing German philosophy in American government – with disastrous results including the decimation of growing American industries and a bizarre foreign policy focused on global institutions rather than American interests – Europeans abroad began to plan the next step of the American takeover. Members of the Frankfurt School, German philosophers who recognized that class conflict would not take place openly, traveled to the United States, where they proceeded to agitate for an even more extreme version of German Hegelian-Marxism.

Frankfurt School philosophers believed that Marxism had failed to produce widespread transnational class uprisings because societies were already too ensconced in a culture of capitalism. Culture and society themselves had to be destroyed in order to make way for a new brand of equality.

And the first step toward such a revolution was destruction of traditional logic, destruction of traditional mores, and destruction of America’s homegrown culture. Men like Herbert Marcuse led the charge here, telling members of President Obama’s generation to make love, not war, and to fight the powers that be. America was cruel, and only by indoctrinating Americans in a new way of thinking could that cruelty be fought.

The philosophy of the Frankfurt School, making an alliance with trendy French post modernism, spread like wildfire through the academic world.

Traditional history courses were torn down in favor of “queer” studies, black studies, Asian studies, women’s studies; language was deconstructed in order to remove its capitalistic foundations; traditional sexual mores were torn asunder in the name of “tolerance.”

President Obama was the result. He grew up abroad, to be sure, but he spent most of his educational career right here in the United States, indoctrinated in the traditions of the progressives and the Frankfurt School. Ironically enough, the biggest problem for America arises if President Obama was born here – because if he was, the problem of un-Americanism is now internal rather than external. Perhaps that is why so many Americans wonder about the birth certificate – they hope against hope that President Obama is a symptom of a foreign ill rather than a domestic one. No matter whether Jerome Corsi comes up with evidence of Obama’s foreign birth, however – it is clear that the problem of Obama-esque un-Americanism is now endemic to American culture herself. We have an ideological problem in our midst, and no amount of digging in Kenya and Indonesia is going to solve a problem that now starts right here.
    Last edited by Backstop; April 23rd, 2011 at 21:03.

Thanks

That article is spot on a number of levels!

Thanks

Yessir Ryan - it resonated big time with me on many levels.

If Barry O. gets re-elected, I think we'll see some factual proof relating to the stuff I highlighted in orange.

Otherwise, the pendulum I mention every so often will swing back to the right just a bit in 2012.
    Last edited by Backstop; April 24th, 2011 at 02:24. Reason: I don't know the difference between yellow and orange.

Thanks

Few years ago, I would have agreed with you here:

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    Not that there should be a religious test for office in this country, but Obama is likely to belong to a sect that means to overthrow the Republic along with the rest of the non-moslem planet.
    Now I'm torn.

No way in hell do I want a President that is a Muslim.

That's as far as I've been able to work through it, as I can't construct a test, write a law, etc. that would fit the bill.

Thanks

Edit:

I'm still working on this, but Snopes says it's false; "kenyan" was added by the Sunday Standard, and was not part of the original AP article.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/ap.asp

-----------------------

I'm trying to verify this.

Look what somebody found:

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20040627142700/eastandard.net/headlines/news26060403.htm

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

Ryan’s campaign began to crumble on Monday following the release of embarrassing records from his divorce. In the records, his ex-wife, Boston Public actress Jeri Ryan, said her former husband took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans.

Barrack Obama

"It’s clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan, 44, said in a statement. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign – the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."

Although Ryan disputed the allegations, saying he and his wife went to one ‘avant-garde’ club in Paris and left because they felt uncomfortable, lashed out at the media and said it was "truly outrageous" that the Chicago Tribune got a judge to unseal the records.

The Republican choice will become an instant underdog in the campaign for the seat of retiring Republican Senator Peter Fitzgerald, since Obama held a wide lead even before the scandal broke.

"I feel for him actually," Obama told a Chicago TV station. "What he’s gone through over the last three days I think is something you wouldn’t wish on anybody."

The Republican state committee must now choose a replacement for Ryan, who had won in the primaries against seven contenders. Its task is complicated by the fact that Obama holds a comfortable lead in the polls and is widely regarded as a rising Democratic star.

The chairwoman of the Illinois Republican Party, Judy Topinka, said at a news conference, after Ryan withdrew, that Republicans would probably take several weeks to settle on a new candidate.

"Obviously, this is a bad week for our party and our state," she said.

As recently as Thursday, spokesmen for the Ryan campaign still insisted that Ryan would remain in the race. Ryan had defended himself saying, "There’s no breaking of any laws. There’s no breaking of any marriage laws. There’s no breaking of the Ten Commandments anywhere."

—AP
    Last edited by Backstop; April 24th, 2011 at 02:53.

Thanks

That may have been posted much earlier in this thread when the whole eligibility issue was raised. I'm pretty sure there were a couple articles from when the election was first kicking off talking about his foreign birth.

Thanks

Thanks

Haven't read all 7 pages yet, but it may be interesting.

Obama’s Young Mother Abroad

Thanks

I'm not up to researching this guys, but might I suggest a method to determine the veracity of these stories?

There are a couple of things. The cheap and free way is to use Google, the "Way Back Machine" I think it is called.

The expensive way is "Lexus-Nexus". We ought to have a subscription to that for our mods and admins here but I think it's pretty expensive. Supposedly, and I don't know these days, but you can seek information on all sorts of old articles and get real dates and data from it.

But... dunno much more.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Now that's what I call a BFH.

That article is spot on a number of levels!

Thread Information