Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: War. War never changes.

Thanks

Default War. War never changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSdbSNckTQ

I've have been having a blast running around in Post Apocolyptia.

Future Obamaland.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: War. War never changes.

Fallout 3 is supposed to be a great game; preps the mind for what's comin.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been thinking about picking up Fallout 3 from the screenshots and trailers I've seen but haven't played any of the other titles in the series. In light of that, will I be able to pick this up and get right into it?

Thanks

Yes, it's a stand alone game. The plot is spelled out in the opening movie. It boils down to this...Vaults were built underground and your family got into one before the bombs fell. A crisis occurs and you leave the vault(different reasons in each game but amounts to the same thing). You wander the wasteland, find people who ask you to do things and you follow the main plotline(the reason you left in the first place) at your leisure. It's totally open ended.

Some of the more interesting things come as perks. I've taken Finesse and Bloody Mess. One improves your accuracy, the other adds damage(and explosive results) and using VATS(vault assisted targeting system) you can target body parts. Needless to say, with the sniper rifle(or anything high power) I tend to blow heads clean off. Reminds me of Platoon. "You ever see a head come apart like that?". Also all VATS shots are done in various slo-mo angles. Nothing like seeing a super mutant's head go flying.

The game is part FPS, part RPG and it's set in a Nostalgic 40s kinda theme but in 2272 or something. This particular one is done in and around Washington DC so all the sights are there.

You can actually solve the game practically without killing anyone if you decide to go high speech/barter and doing the sciences. It's fun to kill shit though.

There are radio stations, one is a patriotic themed thing and one other is "pirate radio" kinda like Dave Rabbit(vietnam era pirate dj in Saigon), telling jokes, doing news and giving snarky public service announcements.

It's addicting.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Sounds like I'll be putting it on my list then!

Thanks

I've finished the game but I went back through and Fraps'd the last bit.

This is a MAJOR spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled. If not, enjoy. Not sure why it came out so dark. Maybe I should re-film it during the day.

Listen to Liberty Prime as he takes out Communists. "Communism is the definition of failure". LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRFr03jhCIE
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

That is pretty good! I will definitely be picking this up for 360!

Thanks

That has to be some of the most fun I've ever had in any game.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Just got Fallout today in trade for an old wireless router I had!

Started playing it, made my way out of the Vault and, into the immediately surrounding wasteland (chose "Gun Nut" for the level 2 Perk upon leaving, BTW ). Went into the elementary school and got overwhelmed by raiders and died. I need bigger guns.

I've got to say, this game is pretty in depth and complex! Any helpful hints Mal?

Thanks

Yeah, go to Megaton. Do all the quests there. It'll get you up high enough to start moving on. Save alot. VATS on heads. If you critical, you kill faster. If you vats while sneaking, it's an auto critical. Level matters so those first quests at megaton really help to get you over the newbie hump. I spose if you had any specific questions, I could address that.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

After fighting my way through the Capital Building, The Mall, and making my way to the Washington Monument my 360 decided to freeze up on me. No big deal, right? After all, it has done it a couple times before on other games. Powered it off and back on and boom... Red Ring of Death.

And it just so happens that my 360 is 3 months out of warranty on the 3 year RROD warranty. So, we'll see if MS steps up to the plate and will repair it anyway.

I've even got the 3 Fallout expansion packs "Operation: Anchorage", "The Pitt", and "Broken Steel" for when I complete the base game.

Damn RROD...

Thanks

Damn, I didn't even know there was an expansion already.

It looks like the PC version isn't out yet. boooo

I'll get that on order right away
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

i've started a new char, going to go more evil than last time (which was pretty evil).

oh, and only quests worth doing in megaton are from moira and the girl in the bar. moira lives if you nuke MT but the other girl doesn't, so you'd have to finish that quest before you nuked the town.

Thanks

I've ended up pretty evil but only because I will steal anything not nailed down and sell it for a few caps. Might explain why I have over 11k.

Edit: Oh, and 17 mini-nukes!
    Last edited by Ryan Ruck; May 19th, 2009 at 17:11. Reason: Addition

Thanks

yep i'm a clepto too, but more of a "hey look at that scavenger out here all alone..."

Thanks

I've got to ask... Am I the only one that launched a mini-nuke at the bomb in Megaton to see if it would set it off?

Thanks

I can't say that I actually shot the mini nuke in Megaton.

I did do the Ten Penny thing...Poof.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Fallout "New Vegas" Info From PC Gamer

February 6th, 2010

Bethesda dropped the first teaser for Fallout: New Vegas this week, which is down for a fall release on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, and now there's rumors circulating that PC Gamer has had the first look at it.

Here's what was gleaned from it by All Games Beta:

* There is an optional hardcore mode, the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant etc. Normal mode is more similar to Fallout 3 gameplay.
    * The storyline is focused on the New California Republic vs. Caesar's Legion vs. New Vegas residents.
    * You are not a vault dweller but are given a Pip-Boy by someone who is one.
    * There is a screenshot of a vault suit as well.
    * There is an assault rifle looking like the M4, as well as a new big gun with a backpack, held like a minigun.
    * There are special moves for melee weapons in VATS – specifically a move for a golf club called "Fore" which seems to be a groin shot.
    * The Hoover Dam is in the game and is supplying electricity to the city.
    * There is a quest to rescue a ghoul from some super mutants. The ghoul can then become your companion.
    * The Geckos are back.
    * There are both dumb and intelligent super mutants, including the elite Nightkin.
    * Some super mutants look similar to the ones in Fallout 3, while others are new. There is e.g. a female super mutant with a 1950s hairstyle who apparently is one of their leaders.
    * Screenshots include a guy with a beard and straw hat, a ghoul an NCR Ranger
    * The only picture of New Vegas itself is concept art and not a screenshot
    * Some location screenshots include a huge model dinosaur advertising a hotel, some satellite dishes, an array of solar panels
    * A character generation shot showing a "vigor machine" instead of the skill book
    * NCR base is the McCarran Airport, Caesar's Legion is based in the Vegas Strip, while super mutants are based in a place called Black Mountain. There is also a town called Fremont and another called Primm. A topless revue is mentioned as being in the latter.
    * NCR Ranger armor is similar to a brown combat armor with sleeves, there are concept arts of a Ranger
    * Skils have a bigger effect on conversation choices. E.g. someone with a high Explosives skill may be able to have a conversation about explosives where appropriate.
    * There is a Reputation system in addition to Karma.

Sounds lovely.

I'm still playing through Fallout 3 by the way. I've gotten through the main story line and Operation Anchorage DLC and, am working on Broken Steel DLC. Still need to get to The Pitt DLC, Point Lookout DLC, Mothership Zeta DLC, and all the side missions.

Thanks

so sweet can hardly wait for this!

Thanks

Some new Fallout: New Vegas footage! Video of the new trailer and some gameplay footage from E3.

Trailer:

Gameplay:

October 19th can't come soon enough!

Thread Information