Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: War. War never changes.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: War. War never changes.

This is bullshit...

I've got 2 XB1 PipBoy editions on pre-order (I'm flipping one for as much as I can get for it from some sucker who just has to have one for Christmas). One is from Amazon and one is from Walmart.

I'm seeing people already getting tracking numbers for Amazon orders but mine is only saying "Expected to Ship Nov 10" and "Arriving Nov 16 - Nov 17".

Walmart order says "Arrives by Tue, Nov 17" and it is supposed to be going to my local store.

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

I've had the Walmart pre-order since June 23 and the Amazon since June 24 and it's showing I'm not supposed to get them until a week after launch?!?! With pre-orders so far in advance, how in the hell is it not supposed to be in my hands on launch date?

Thanks

My "pre-order" downloaded last night on Steam.

I think tomorrow is a day off

Also, for what it's worth, I have had a pre-order arrive on launch day before but that was a Newegg purchase.
    Last edited by Malsua; November 9th, 2015 at 12:31.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Update to my shipping dilemma...

Walmart decided on their own to get it shipped and it is scheduled for delivery at my store tomorrow. Kudos to Walmart for being on the ball!

Amazon, however, required a phone call. After a 15 minute phone call to a woman in India and me wanting to know why when I ordered it 5 months in advance it wasn't going to arrive on Tuesday, they changed the shipping to one day so it should be shipping today and in my hands tomorrow. Haven't checked today to see what the status is though. Fingers crossed...

Thanks

At least you'll get to put in a few hours. There will probably be some updates tomorrow.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Clueless Gamer with Conan O'Brien.

They left out the intro to the segment. I'm going to record it off my TV and upload it in a bit.

Thanks

Here's the beginning they cut out of the Clueless Gamer segment. Available in 1080p!

Thanks

So...I'm about 11 hours in. stopping for the day.

I'm enjoying it so far!

I almost took the chick...I mean if I have to watch someones ass for 200 hours...well, maybe it should be a female.

I'm a minute man and doing the Brotherhood. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Shrug. Just playing it by ear
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

LOL! I'm only about 5-6 hours in. Got home late today.

Truth is I don't even feel like I've scratched the surface of this game. Originally I bought the Vault Dweller's Survival Guide because I thought it'd make a cool addition to the collection but after looking through it, I have a feeling it will actually come in very handy. It has all the many, many locations in the world and tells you if there's any rare loot there. Also comes with a map and a couple other goodies. It's definitely a very good value at $25 and it looks cool.

So far for game progress I've made it to the Red Rocket and picked up Dog/Dogmeat.

Reason why I haven't made more progress is I spent a ton of time running around Sanctuary scrapping almost everything that wasn't nailed down just to clear up the area and get the workshop set up.

Already built myself a Hardened 10mm. Seems to do okay with 22 DMG. Would like to find some better armor.

Gameplay is great so far. The crafting aspect is going to chew up a lot of time. Not sure I like how the Critical Hit thing works now. Maybe as I encounter more fights I'll change my mind on it. Also don't like how VATS doesn't freeze time 100% any more. At this point I'm kind of wishing they would have left that stuff the same as FO3 and FNV.

Graphics are definitely next gen. Everything looks very polished. I'm sure it's better for the Glorious PC Master Race though.

Overall, this definitely looks to be a great continuation of the Fallout lore and worth the wait.

I'll also mention some details about the PipBoy Edition I got. The big storage case is nice for sure. The display stand looks decent.

With the PipBoy itself, none of the larger size phones like the Samsung Note or iPhone 6 Plus will fit in it. If you've got a Galaxy or standard sized iPhone you're good to go. Thankfully I've got an S3 I can stick in it since my 6 Plus is a no go. Good thing I didn't actually plan on doing the 2nd screen experience with it in there though.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed in the PipBoy itself. The construction really does feel on the cheap side. I wasn't expecting Otterbox/Lifeproof type construction and I certainly wasn't planning on wearing it around town but, it does feel flimsy. Also, it only has 2 little orange LED lights that light up on it. You mean you couldn't illuminate the dials too and add some other small, nifty features for paying double what the game by itself costs? I guess it will look okay sitting with the rest of the Fallout collection but it is a bit lackluster.

Thanks

If you run down the road from the Red Rocket...armor won't be a problem any longer.

I use the Red Rocket as my repair depot, and while I scrapped a bunch of shit in Sanctuary, I'm really only pulling down stuff if I run low on Materials. I've got a full settlement set up there and as far as I can tell, there are no raiders nearby or anything like that so I've just got turrets on the bridge.

I may look into that Guide. Be nice if there was a digital version.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

More game time in...

I'm in Concord poking around. Haven't jumped into the fight yet.

Just noticed you can no longer pick things up like in FNV. Dumb...

Also, I have no idea how I'm going to remember the locations of all of these locked safes I'm having to bypass because my skill is too low. Must be a half dozen so far.

Thanks

That reminds me, I need to raid Concord. I cleaned it out of raiders but I suspect there's a zillion things I missed.
    Last edited by Malsua; November 11th, 2015 at 20:22.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Question... Do enemies no longer show as red hashes on your display at the bottom before you can see them? I've had the music go "action" before I've seen anything there running across things like bloodbugs and bloatflies.

My Perception is at 6 so I can't see how that would be too low.

Thanks

Nevermind... Just took on some Mirelurks at the quarry and saw it does show the red hashes. Not sure why I'm not getting them further out when enemies are nearby.

Thanks

Okay, I figured out you can pick up items. Hold the use/interact button while focused on it.

Thanks

Vault-O-Mania!

Oh yeah brother!

(Not mine! )

Thanks

I've found that I'm having trouble figuring out who is shooting me. I'm taking damage, I twist around and don't see anything....it shows up in VATS but it's annoying.

I spent about an hour making the girl HOT then I ran the guy anyway. I gave my dude the creeper haircut. lol.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

LOL! I'll get a pic of my guy if I can get the game to load. It's sitting here on the loading screen with the icon pulsing and has been for the last 10 minutes. Going to shut my Xbox off completely and see if that helps. My luck my saved game will be corrupted...

And I've run into the same problem as you. I wish they wouldn't have changed the perception. It was nice once you got that up to know if you were going to be walking into trouble. Kind of the whole point of perception, I thought. Not sure what use it is now...

With the new Ghouls, after clearing out the Super Duper Mart in Lexington, all I can say is holy hell! They've made them straight up zombies that are now 10x harder than they used to be. They play dead, crawl in windows, and keep attacking even after loosing arms and legs. Damn! Thank God for the 12ga. Just need to upgrade from this double barrel to a combat shotgun though.

Thanks

Resetting did the trick. Pay no attention to the crappy pic quality. I was too lazy to get up so I used the digital zoom on my phone.

Here's my guy with a new Ushanka hat he found at Super Duper Mart!

Here's his regular getup. Hard hat is the highest DR headgear I have right now besides the T45. And the sunglasses are PER +1 so I even wear them at night. Otherwise my highest DR outfit is the Drifter Outfit I found right outside Sanctuary.

And here he is as he looks...

I didn't change a ton on him from the way he looked originally. Kept the original hair style which I can't remember what it's called. Facial hair is, I think, the Full Throttle. Basically a goatee with shorter facial growth.

Thanks

I'm finding that ghouls are easy. I'm in Type B power armor and wielding a Razor baseball bat. BATTER UP! (actually, didn't get that perk).

Of course, I'm level 14 or something. No big deal. One swat, down they go.

Last edited by Malsua; November 13th, 2015 at 02:11.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Nice! I think I'm at level 7 or 8 right now. I'd have to look.

Thread Information