Thread: War. War never changes.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: War. War never changes.

Not mine but made me

Thanks

As an aside, I am currently Xbox-less but only until Tuesday.

Gamestop is having a $250 credit toward a traded in XB1 or PS4 when you buy a new XB1. I paid $270 for my 500GB basic XB a month or so ago (it was new but open box).

I was planning on getting the XB Elite controller which is like $150 for some of the added buttons and other features it has.

So, I figured why not trade in the bare bones XB1 for the Elite system which is $500 but has a faster 1TB hybrid SSD HD, and will come with the $120 Elite controller I was going to buy anyway.

On top of that, Gamestop has a bonus where you get a game of $60 value or less free with it (going to pick up Black Ops 3 which I was considering getting to play with my brothers anyway). So I'll really only be out an extra $40 for the upgraded system.

I also kept the new controller that came with my system and traded in a controller that was on the fritz my one brother hand.

All in all, I think I did well on the deal.

Unfortunately, my local Gamestop was out of Elites when I went to trade in my system on Saturday but I put in a hold request and should have one in my hands tomorrow. The system is apparently only sold at Gamestop and the Microsoft stores and is a hot item.

Thanks

Heh, I've found that Dogmeat will often draw attention when I don't want him to. He ends up getting beat to shit a lot, and frankly, I mostly ignore him. Sometimes he's fighting someone and I can't figure out where the fuck he went!

Really annoying!

I'm currently 21 or 22, in Type D power armor.

I took the local leader perk and have established some supply lines. I've been focusing more on minute men quests, not for any particular reason other than I seem to clear one and get two more. That sort of frustrates me, I like clearing shit out!

I have probably a dozen settlements now, including the big ghoul one out east. I dropped two massive water purifiers in their pool and anyone that's short on water, now gets a boost from there. It works out pretty well.

I also dumped about 10 turrets all around that one. Any invading super mutes will get mowed down.

I've been purposefully avoiding the main quest line which I assume is anything that has to do with finding my son.

I'll do BOS and minutemen stuff for a while until I have 90% of the northern half of the map done, then I'll start on those.

Still having fun, I still find that I'm getting smacked by something and I find it hard to figure out where it's coming from. I have a 7 in perception, so that's not it. Not sure what the problem is.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Mal,
    Looks like the folks at Prima have read your mind about the guide. I was looking at some of the paperwork the strategy guide came with and saw this...

My one brother that's playing this has done the Local Leader perk as well. He's almost completely walled in Sanctuary and is starting to set up turrets and guard posts around the perimeter.

I'd heard at some point Syths attack sanctuary so walling it up seems prudent. I'll be doing that as well.

I think I'm going to build a high rise palace for myself in Sanctuary at some point.

I have no idea why they went and screwed with Perception the way they did...

Thanks

Thanks

I don't think I need the guide...people are complaining that it's not very deep. I'd like a Captain Morgan version of online guide though
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I've ALSO found that i've got a bad case of weight creep. Next thing I know, I'm trolling around at 90% of cap, pick up a missile launcher and it's back to the fricking vendors!

I'm burning cores like mad, but I seem to be staying ahead of it so far.

Calling in an Artillery strike was fun. Did my first real run with that on Sunday. Found out you can't call a second one in right away.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Besides the unlimited cap exploit that is out there now, there is an item duplication exploit (so free mininukes and fusion cores).

Drop an item you want to duplicate, tell Dogmeat to fetch it, but pick it up before he can get to it. You'll then have one in his and your inventory.

Thanks

I run on a PC...I've got the ultimate in duping. It's called Player.additem. I've only used it when I was missing a frickin screw and didn't want to run back to home base.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

LOL! Yeah, you and your tilde button.

If you don't have it, you might find this useful...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true

Thanks

I think I may make fortress Sanctuary
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I'll have to post some pics of my brother's setup that I helped him design while I was without an Xbox.

Mine won't look too different.

Thanks

There are some lines you just don't cross...

Thanks

Eh, could be photoshopped just to get attention.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Not an unlikely possibility though... Bitches be crazy!

Thanks

Ok, so I flattened a ton of junk. I wrapped Sanctuary in a steel fence and added a few turrets.

Sanctuary now has a defense rating of 455.

Most of it are base turrets, but I have 2 giant generators attached to 5 laser turrets each

If anything takes a run at my settlement, they're fucked. Of course, the game will pop 'em right in the middle of town.
    Last edited by Malsua; November 19th, 2015 at 12:28.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

By the way, I was at the above pictured place and I had Caite with me...she triggered the damn guns.

So here's most of my Sanctuary set up. I have a few more in the back and a few at the path to the Vault.

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Awesome! When my brother gets home I'll have to get those pics of his layout.

Going to start working on mine tonight.

Thanks

Ok, so I've officially gone round the bend as far as the Minutemen go. I'm starting to get repeat quests to the same places.

Settler "Oh, the raiders showed up, we have go and hide when they arrive, can you go kill them?"

Me: "Really?, so all these turrets here malfunctioned? You know, the ones that make so much noise that if you listen closely you can hear them from Diamond City?"

Me: "I've got a better idea. Rather than rescuing your friend, cleaning out the Corvega assembly plant or the federal stores again, I'm going to command you to become a supply line to a settlement"

...and there she goes.

So I finally did the Nick Valentine and Follow the Railroad quests.

I now have T-60E. Woohoo

I can see that I'm going to get into some dilemmas as the objectives are going to start clashing.

I always seem to end up BOS(F03, FNV), but maybe this time I'll go some other way.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

LOL! Yeah... Just found out about the locations that continually need babysitting myself.

Had cleaned out the Corvega Plant, had showed clear on the map forever, didn't pay it any attention and decided to fast travel there to get to a quest and all of the sudden I'm under fire! I was in my T-45c and had Old Faithful so no biggie but still, why do these places need to constantly need babysat? There can't be THAT many raiders in the Wastes.

As for the pics I promised, decided to forego posting my brother's layout and post mine so I've been hard at work caps exploiting for building material to turn Sanctuary into Fort Kickass.

My faithful companion, Piper!

(And yes, that is my house behind her with the doors boarded up to keep those scrubs out when I'm not there)

The entrance to the jewel of the Wasteland:

A view down the right side:

On the inside of the right side:

Down the left side, from the inside (forgot to take on outside):

Ground level inside the front gate and Piper photobombing:

Was trying to get a shot of the generator, laser turrets, and spot lights but Piper photobombed the shot again. Guess I should have sent her somewhere...

The wall runs against one of the houses and allows quick access to the roof. Here's an overview shot of the front gate:

The back gate doesn't look nearly as pretty thanks to the terrain. I had to get creative to make it work so I didn't bother with pics of it.

The wall is almost complete but I ran out of concrete. Each block uses 3 concrete. Also some small things were changed since I took those but nothing big.

I really wish there were sandbag and low wall options you could build. I'd really like to have sandbags in that gap over the front gate (and same type on the back).

There are also some other improvements to be made such as more turrets, some bunkers, and whatnot.

Need to do the mission to retake The Castle soon so I can start building artillery.

Eventually I'll settle Spectacle Island and build that up the same. Maybe The Castle as well...

Thread Information