Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: War. War never changes.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: War. War never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    I can see that I'm going to get into some dilemmas as the objectives are going to start clashing.

I always seem to end up BOS(F03, FNV), but maybe this time I'll go some other way.
    You are right. I won't spoil it for you but, was curious myself I've seen some of the possible outcomes (don't think I've seen them all). Still not 100% sure which direction I'm going to go but I'll likely go which ever path is for the Minutemen and/or the BoS. We'll see...

Thanks

Mal,
    If you don't like having to clear out the same places over and over, you might find this mod useful.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1371/?

Thanks

On Friday I finally took the time to figure out how to use the Xbox One's Game DVR app after a friend/coworker wanted to see my setups at Sanctuary and The Castle.

You can't upload them directly to YouTube but you can upload them to Microsoft OneDrive and then download them in MP4 format to then upload to YouTube.

I forgot to put these up yesterday so here they are now!

I've made further improvements this weekend, mostly with weapons turrets and the like so there are some changes since I made these vids. Sanctuary is now sitting at almost a 1000 rating.

Here's the entrance to Sanctuary:

Here's a 5 minute (the max time you can take video of on the Xbox) video tour of Sanctuary:

And here's a 5 minute tour of The Castle, including the walls rebuilt:

Thanks

Wow! That's great!

My fortifications really suck comparatively. I didn't even realize you could rebuild concrete. Well, I sorta did, just didn't bother with it.

I finished the main game by the way.

I sided with BOS over the Institute. I hated that Desdemona bitch, so I enjoyed murdering the railroad.

There was one scene with Liberty Prime that had me rolling!

I should see if I can record it, I found it very very funny. I actually had to stop to laugh.

I've been whittling down the all the misc quests and found some X1 armor so I'm in that now.

I finished at level 47.
    Last edited by Malsua; December 7th, 2015 at 20:01.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

As you can guess from my fortifications, I've made very little story progress.

I've leveled up so much from building (and thanks to the Idiot Savant perk) I'm almost level 30 but I think I'm only 25% through the story. I've got more game time than my brother and he's twice as far into it.

I don't think I've seen the Liberty Prime scene you're talking about but, I watched my brother playing through the quest last night to reactivate him and when he came online I was like, "Fuck yeah! Liberty Prime's back!"

I was doing a lot of caps glitching for materials but this weekend I discovered you can use the duplication glitch with Dogmeat to duplicate shipments of materials a lot faster. I now keep a chest with 1 of each shipment available in game. You can apparently also duplicate legendary weapons with him.

I've duplicated power armor but because of the size of the pieces it is VERY hard and your timing has to be absolutely perfect. I duplicated my T-45 for Piper that she's been wearing when we trek out. I just hit level 28 yesterday so I headed to 35 Court to grab the complete X-01 power armor set there.

Spent about 10 minutes trying to duplicate the X-01 helmet with Dogmeat back at Sanctuary and got fed up. I'll give it a try again later. I really want another complete set and I know they're extremely hard to come by.

Yesterday I also got Abernathy surrounded by a simple steel wall and put missile turrets all over the central structure. Next up will be Red Rocket.

I think once the GOTY edition comes out for PC I'm going to pick it up. There's just too many awesome mods out there for this game. I'll probably have to upgrade the GFX card in my HTPC and beef up the RAM. I'm thinking I may pick up the Steam Game Controller as well. I've got a friend that has it and he's done nothing but sing its praises.

Thanks

I'm watching Prime on the march now.

"Patriotism subroutines initiated!"

ETA: Does Liberty Prime have to choke a bitch?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I'm watching Prime on the march now.

"Patriotism subroutines initiated!"

ETA: Does Liberty Prime have to choke a bitch?

If I could ever get this thing to render, you can watch for yourself
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Ok...here we go. The fun moments are at 4:30 and 7:15 and at the end, when I give Elder Maxson a how-do-ya-do.

Last edited by Malsua; December 8th, 2015 at 16:22.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Haha! Great video! The two spots you mentioned are the ones I loved best too.

Took some balls shooting at LP. I was glad to see they didn't blow him up again. Hopefully in one of the DLCs we get to control him ourselves.

Thanks

Prime would be awesome to control.

Anyway, I found that do-over to be fun. Just lobbing constant nukes from Big Boy was a blast, literally.

I might go back and run the game from the Institute angle and see how that one rolls out.

I may also just keep working quests until I get most of the map cleared. It's wide open now....
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Wow...

Thanks

Well, looks like they've patched the caps glitch on Xbox. The Dogmeat dupe exploit is alive and well though.

Going to take my Xbox offline before I play Fallout each time and leave it unpatched until the first DLC comes out when I'll have to upgrade.

At least the dupe exploit still works and I've got at least 1 shipment of most materials so I can still construct the walls and defenses at all the other settlements I need to like Spectacle Island.

PC folks really do get all the cool shit. We can't even keep one way to have fun with the game.

Where else but PC can you play Fallout 4 as Liberty Prime!

Definitely getting the PC GOTY edition...

Thanks

And I absolutely lost it on this one...

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Well, looks like they've patched the caps glitch on Xbox. The Dogmeat dupe exploit is alive and well though.

Going to take my Xbox offline before I play Fallout each time and leave it unpatched until the first DLC comes out when I'll have to upgrade.

At least the dupe exploit still works and I've got at least 1 shipment of most materials so I can still construct the walls and defenses at all the other settlements I need to like Spectacle Island.

PC folks really do get all the cool shit. We can't even keep one way to have fun with the game.

Where else but PC can you play Fallout 4 as Liberty Prime!

Definitely getting the PC GOTY edition...
    I can think of a few places to send this guy to visit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Got some more videos of Sanctuary!

First my indoor shopping mall.

Need my first Medic perk rank to build the clinic booth. That's next.

Next up, the town gymnasium. Built on the slab next to the Workshop building.

And now, the Tower of Power! Built on the slab at the end of the cul-de-sac. This is literally the tallest you can build in Sanctuary. It will not let you build any higher and if you go to the top while in Workshop mode it will auto exit you.

A couple other videos. I call this the "Fun With Mini-Nukes" series!

Ran into a Behemoth...

Was at Big John's Salvage. Didn't have an appropriate optic on my Overseer's Guardian to reach out and touch someone, and didn't have my Freezing .50 sniper yet and the regular one wasn't getting the job done. Got tired of the back and forth with these Super Mutants. Place was loaded with them and these were the last of them.

I'll put that shit right through your bedroom window bitch!

Mini-nuke right in the junk!

Thanks

Wow, that's some serious building.

I've just recently gotten around to adding some walls to my "dorms"

I use the square prefab and toss some mats down on it for bed count.

I noticed they rarely used them so I put on walls...and then they did. There must be some code in there about that.

I FINALLY drained Preston Garvey dry. I've completed so many of his quests, he's plum out. It got to the point that they'd send me to that fucking corvega plant...I'd nuke the guys at the door...go inside, tcl(no clip) my way to the boss, off him and leave. I HATE THAT BUILDING!!!!!! It's too hard to get to the boss area.

The sanctuary kidnappers must have happened at least 10 times....right past all my armaments.

One other question...How were you able to build all that shit? I ran out of space with relatively modest buildings. Hell I don't even have the castle walled in and I "can't build any more".

And the suits of Power Armor? I think I have a set of each(45, 51, 60 X1) and I gave Danse's T-60 to Caite. I also found a suit in the harbor some place. You had like 50.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Pretty sure the Corvega Plant was one of my first places I went starting out.

If you fight your way around the left taking out the enemies above and go up the ramp drive there are a couple back entrances. One on the immediate right going up some catwalks. The other going up the catwalks on the left and crossing over through the skywalk.

I think I took the first one. Then I sneaked through to get to the Protectron in the boss area and activated him in police mode. Used him to take out a couple of the raiders and distract the others until he ended up riddled with bullets. In between I'd hide to do sneak attacks from the shadows.

The internal layout is very confusing though and I always get turned around in it.

I think there is also another underground way in because if you go down into the guts, you'll find how the raiders get in through a pipe. I hate going underground so I've never ventured into it. Just killed the raiders and ghouls in there.

As for bed situation, yeah, found that out. The people want actual shelter to sleep in.

For the settlement size limit, there's a glitch that lets you bypass it. Only really useful if you're on XB1 or PS4. Since you're on PC, I know there's a mod out there to get rid of the limit.

But, if you're curious, this is the glitch:

I've had to do it once at The Castle and once at Sanctuary. The Castle is going to need it again soon. The size limit on that is pretty small and it comes pre-packed with a ton of crap.

So far I have not run into any frame rate issues, I believe, because of how limited the draw distance is on the consoles.

If you watch it again, most of the power armor on the second and third levels are actually stripped frames I've picked up doing the caps glitch from Arturo in Diamond City. It helped to use them to carry more back to Sanctuary.

Granted I've now got a number of parts to build into complete sets of T-45s, T-51s, and T-60s.

Most of the complete sets I've got I've picked up from the Atom Cats using the caps glitch there. They sell complete sets of Atom Cats T-60s as well as various parts of the others. I also have, I think, 3 BOS T-60s I haven't built.

I've found one complete set of X-01 at the top of 35 Court and most of a set (minus a helmet and arm) at Fort Strong. I used the Dogmeat dupe glitch to duplicate my X-01 helmet and arm for it. I originally used the glitch to duplicate that first T-45 set. There's supposed to be another X-01 set at an abandoned house in the Glowing Sea. I'll be looking for that when I head that way for the main quest. By the way, with the Leaded armor, my X-01 has Rad Resistance of 1600+.

Thanks

I don't know if this is news to anyone else but I just found a video that came out last month that there is some storyline and dialog removed from the game related to the BoS ending that would have totally changed the direction of the game.

No word on why it was removed but I think it would have been a much better ending than the ones available.

Don't watch if you don't want spoilers on the BoS ending...

Thanks

I would have liked an "everyone wins" scenario.

Minutemen create and maintain settlements
    BOS provides security in the Commonweath vs raiders/mutes/bugs/whatever
    Railroad comes out of the shadows and provides a way out of the commonwealth for Synths that wish to leave the institute.
    The institute continues its research but lets Synths leave that want to leave.

Institute and BOS scientists could come to an understanding and work together.

The peace would be tenuous but possible. I know the BOS would want to force its will on the rest, but perhaps if Elder Maxxon was ganked and the protagonist of the game became the leader of the Institute, BOS and Railroad, it could be made to work.

Once power was consolidated into one man, then my ultimate plan for conquest could commence. I would create armies of Synths shock troops, use the BOS for lift capacity and enslave the settlements into food production. The Railroad folks would act as the lead infiltrators and precede invasions by replacing key figures with Synths.

When the forces arrive at the next population area, the Synth quislings would surrender to my forces while the shock troops would move in to maintain order. The BOS would then squish any remaining resistance. I would absorb the NCR/Enclave or whatever their successive organizations became until I've consolidated by power over the entire CONUS.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Oh yeah, forgot I was going to comment on your above Mal....

Sounds like you've pretty much mapped it all out!

Here's how Starlight currently looks:

By the way, I've just completed walling in the entirety of Spectacle Island. It is most impressive.

Thread Information