Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: War. War never changes.

Thanks

Default Re: War. War never changes.

Your drive-in is fucking amazing.

FWIW, I put a big water purifier there instead of pumps.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

The first DLC is out. I bought the DLC pack for $30 before it went up.

I've played the first bits of it, it's fairly easy, I hope they pump up the challenge.

I'm not going to get a chance to play much this weekend due to company but I'll try to get something done next week.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, saw that. And so far the impressions I've seen of it seem pretty decent. Appears to be a lot of options for building bots. Also, the Tesla Armor is back!

Truth is, I haven't played any Fallout in about a month and a half until the other day. Hell, haven't even finished the main story line yet.

I've seen the last couple patches come out and I've blocked my Xbox from external internet so it doesn't patch automatically. I'm not quite ready to lose my Dogmeat dupe glitch, caps glitch, shipment glitch, and MacCready headshot glitch just yet.

I guess I've just had a lot going on and just haven't felt real compelled to play. Not sure what it is but while I like the game, I just haven't felt driven to play it like FO3 and FNV. I think it is a number of reasons like the stupid way they've set up the random drops of legendary items (I still haven't gotten the explosive shotgun which is pissing me off) and truth is, I kind of resent the previously mentioned glitches being patched which don't really affect/break gameplay, you have to go out of your way to exploit (save for the MacCready perk), and are all things that PC players can accomplish via console. The stupid thing is those are only for things I enjoy having to be able to do things like build massive settlements all the while there are any number of game breaking glitches that go unpatched.

When I started back up the other day I did go and max out my affinity with Cait, glitch some more resources (I want a lot banked before I patch since I'm still not done settlement building and I hear building bots takes a lot), took out the Forged, and headed to Mass Fusion to do the trashcan glitch to get the Freefall armor.

I guess I'll get it updated eventually...

Thanks

It's finally going to be here in June!

Thanks

Mod support is officially out for Fallout on consoles.

I may have to give in and finally patch my game and download the DLCs that have been released. I've been blocking my Xbox's internet and have left FO at ver 1.2 or 1.3 since I didn't want to give up the settlement size, caps, and item duplication glitches but, it looks like there are mods that now take the place of all of those.

Supposedly if you run mods though you lose achievements but I don't care a ton about those and I thought I heard there is a mod that restores them.

I'll have to post up a list of the mods I'm considering once I settle on them.

I also recently picked up the new Homefront and Doom games for XB1. Haven't played Doom yet but do like the new Homefront. I liked the last one too and was never really sure why it didn't do all that well. I suppose my one complaint about the last one is that it was a bit too scripted. This new one is much more open world. Very similar to Freedom Fighters in that you can take on various objectives at different times and recruit a squad of rebels to join you.

Thanks

I hope they release the next DLC with a bit more of a challenge than the first one.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    I hope they release the next DLC with a bit more of a challenge than the first one.
    Which one?

Automatron or Far Harbor?

Far Harbor just dropped about 2 weeks ago and I've seen people saying it's more challenging than Automatron.

Thanks

Heh, goes to show. I didn't know a second one was up. I'll give it a go tonight.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Some advice I've seen, bring Nick and be prepared to deal with rads.

Thanks

I'm in lead plated power armor, I don't even notice rads. Nick didn't give me the opportunity but then again, I've got Cait already.

So far, it is definitely harder. There is this one cottage you have to secure and holy shit, I almost died...well, I mean I actually had to use a stimpak for once. I ended up going with the legendary endless ammo shotgun since I was blowing so much ammo.

It's a swarm! Fun!
    Last edited by Malsua; June 7th, 2016 at 15:32.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the ammo thing.

Thanks

Updated Fallout yesterday morning. I didn't go to bed until about 4am last night playing around with all of the mods that are available!

So awesome!

I'm going to say right off that I love the Cheat Room mod and I love the Scrap Fallout mod! Although, I may have run into an issue with Scrap Fallout where, after I spent a couple hours cleaning up all the trash and debris in Sanctuary (which those worthless settlers should be doing instead of hammering on walls), I came back after my first trip to the Cheat Room and all of the crap was back. Oddly though, Scrap Fallout wouldn't highlight any of it.

Going to get back on shortly and see if the stuff is still there or gone.

A bunch of other really great mods out there though. I need to put a whole list together.

Also, there's supposed to be another new DLC being released today or tomorrow called Contraption Workshop.

Thanks

I've been working on the latest DLC....the island of misfits. It's enjoyable.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I haven't started it yet but, an FYI with no spoilers, there's an unmarked quest involving the numbered generators.

Thanks

I've been playing with all the new mods on Fallout which is fun (and a bit frustrating, I'm running one mod which revamps Spectacle Island to be cleaner and flatter but I end up with floating rocks and grass all over the place possibly a result of one of my "green up the Wasteland" mods).

And with most of the TV shows off the air for the Summer I've needed something to watch so I've been putting on BSG for yet another rewatch. I'm still astounded a network like SyFy could put out 20 episodes per season of such high quality.

Then it hit me when I was playing a little bit ago... I thought wouldn't it be awesome if there was a mod to replace all of the Synths with Cylons!

I went and looked on Bethesda's site and left disappointed. No Cynth mod out there...

Won't somebody please make this so I can blast some frackin' toasters with my explosive combat shotgun?!?! It for the chirren...

Thanks

Hahaha!

Thanks

So this is how The Great War begins... Damn you RobCo and your poorly secured OS!

CNN Uses Screenshot From ‘Fallout 4’ To Show How Russians Hack Things

January 2, 2016

The thing about computer hacking is that it’s such a general, far-reaching term that it’s almost impossible to explain to someone who isn’t already familiar with it. So, news networks who need b-roll footage to show while they’re talking about hacking usually just show keyboards or random strings of letters and numbers, while the audience stares blindly at the screen, assuming that whatever they’re looking at is somehow related to the topic. Or, if you’re CNN, you steal footage from one of the most popular video games of the year and hope that nobody watching will recognize it.

In a recent story about President Obama proposing sanctions against Russia for its roll in cyberattacks targeting the United States, CNN grabbed a screenshot of the hacking mini-game from the extremely popular RPG Fallout 4. First spotted by Reddit, the screenshot shows the menacing neon green letters that gamers will instantly recognize as being from the game.

In Fallout 4 — as well as Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas — the player can hack computers to gain information or unlock doors and safes. It’s performed like a word puzzle, where the player has to find a specific word in a huge mess of letters and random characters. It’s simple but fun, but it has absolutely nothing in common with actual hacking, which is what makes it perfect for mainstream news viewers.

“If you want to talk about hacking on a major news network, your choices are either that or a scene from The Matrix,” one Reddit user sums it up. Sadly, they’re absolutely right.

I wonder how many times the Russians had to log off and log back in to reset their tries?

Thanks

I'm quite sure the Russians had the Hacker Perk maxed out so they didn't have to wait to retry.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

True.

Thanks

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I've seen rumor it's going to have online play in some form. I hope to God it's nothing more than possibly co-op. I don't want Fallout to turn into a MMORPG fuckfest. Online play is almost always the death and hollowing out of previously good campaign based games. Most every game that's gone this route ends up with a token campaign mode that takes less than 10 hours to beat.

Thread Information