Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: America will face Riots, Marches, and Revolution

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: America will face Riots, Marches, and Revolution

I would add a caveat to your above with oil Rick. Oil does not do long term storage well and will go rancid much sooner than most all your other food preps will go bad. Make sure you rotate it frequently. I know there are good alternatives to oil but I can't recall them at the moment. I'll try to do a little digging and report back.

Also, if your oil does go rancid, don't throw it out! You can still use it as lamp oil!

Thanks

Found it! Store shortening instead of oil. A can of shortening should last several years kept cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post

If you aren't in the 48% yet, here's a little reinforcement.

Clayton County, Georgia Food Stamp Snafu Angers Many
    August 10, 2011

YouTube: Clayton County, Georgia Food Stamp Snafu Angers Many

(The original Fox video player wasn't working here so I had to rehost the video so you all could get the full "flavor")

Anger and frustration from dozens of Clayton County parents who say their children are going hungry after their food stamps were suddenly cut off.

State officials admit that something went wrong down in Clayton County at the office that administers food stamps and Medicaid but they're still not sure what.

Parents say they can't buy food without those food stamps.

Terry Clark says she stood in line for more than six hours at Clayton County's Human Services Office because food stamp help for her six children unexpectedly ended.

"There's no telling my kids we can't eat. I'm not taking no. We don't deserve that. Nobody should go hungry here in Georgia," said Terry Clark.

State officials say the office was overwhelmed Tuesday with dozens of families facing a similar problem. The food stamps are just not there.

"Me and my kids they haven't ate since this morning. I was supposed to get my food stamps yesterday and I got nothing," said a mother.

A state spokesperson says what happened was out of the ordinary and unexpected but she said they don't know yet what went wrong -- what was the glitch that lead to this mess?

"Our budgets have not been increased, they've been decreased," said one official.

The office director admitted there were problems as he tried to calm fears.

In a statement, a state spokesperson says, "We have both state and county staff working to understand the cause of the problem today. We are working to ensure people receive their food stamps as soon as possible."

"I'm a cancer patient. I need these pills to survive," said Candace Bennett.

Candace Bennett says her cancer medications have nearly run out and after spending all day at the office. Her Medicaid and her food stamps are both still on hold.

State officials say that the Clayton County office was closed Monday because of furloughs and that could have contributed to the lines. They are investigating whether some sort of paperwork or computer problem might have lead to some families getting their benefits cut off by mistake.

Thanks

Oh, and another vital addendum to Rick's post.

Stock LOTS of salt. Iodized and non-iodized. Iodized for general eating. Non-iodized for meat preservation.

Salt is very cheap right now ($0.48 a can for both varieties at Walmart near me) so get it while you can.

Keep in mind that salt is vital to life. I can attest to this in my personal experimentation with fasting. You go a couple days with no food and no salt and you will start getting headaches and eventually start feeling "disconnected". A small glass of salt water and you're back to mostly normal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    Did You mean 'Flava'?
    Yeah, LOL!

Thanks

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Found it! Store shortening instead of oil. A can of shortening should last several years kept cool.
    That's true, but you still need oil for the beginning of the disaster.

You will need some in your system, and you can as mentioned use it as lamp fuel.

Oil actually lasts a pretty long time, probably as long as you'll need it.

I don't and wouldn't expect a complete break down to last more than a few months at most.

But, buy both. Oil and shortening. Gues you can make soap out of shortening too (lol)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

911 Calls From Wisconsin Fair Reportedly Show Some 'Flash Mob' Attacks Were Racially Motivated
    August 11, 2011

Audio recordings of 911 calls made during the Wisconsin State Fair indicate that some of the violence allegedly perpetrated by so-called "flash mobs" may have been racially motivated, Fox 6 reports.

Thirty people were arrested on Aug. 4 when mob attacks erupted at the fair on opening night. At least 18 people were injured in or around the grounds, including seven police officers.

Authorities have since been investigating allegations of race-based assaults near the state fairgrounds in which the alleged perpetrators were all African-American and the victims were either white or Hispanic.

Fox 6 reports that the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department released audio of 911 calls made from the fair that graphically detail the nature of the attacks.

One caller told dispatchers, "A whole bunch of black dudes f----- jumped on me. I'm bleeding all over," according to the station.

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn has called the attacks "reprehensible," and some fairgoers said it appeared bystanders were targeted because of their race.

The alleged attacks at the Wisconsin State Fair are part of a string of "flash mob"-generated violence around the country -- including cities like Philadelphia and Chicago -- in which packs of dozens or even hundreds of youths appear seemingly out of nowhere to commit assaults, robberies and other crimes against innocent bystanders.

Click here for more on this story from Fox6Now.com

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

As to salt, The 40 pound bags for use in water systems. It is not iodized, but is it useable? If so, I am set for years in that as our system was faulting and not using the holding bin as normal for some time before we realized it. In the meantime, our service company kept delivering bags of the stuff.

So, is that useable for consumption? I think it is just straight salt in big crystals.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

If you aren't in the 48% yet, here's a little reinforcement.

Clayton County, Georgia Food Stamp Snafu Angers Many
    It's coming, when we run out of money it will be like Katrina.

The Left hatched this dangerous scheme years ago to enslave a class of people who would vote the way they want in exchange for entitlements to stay in power at any cost.

This part of society has grown to become an enormous caged monster taking more and more taxpayer money every year to contain them.

When the money runs out and the fences break down S will HTF.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    ...an enormous caged monster taking more and more taxpayer money every year to contain them.

When the money runs out and the fences break down S will HTF.
    The other type of Zombie for a run through Apocalypse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    As to salt, The 40 pound bags for use in water systems. It is not iodized, but is it useable? If so, I am set for years in that as our system was faulting and not using the holding bin as normal for some time before we realized it. In the meantime, our service company kept delivering bags of the stuff.

So, is that useable for consumption? I think it is just straight salt in big crystals.
    I would say, "depends."

I believe that so long as it isn't the "Rust Remover" type with additives and specifically says it is of the sodium chloride variety, you should be good.

Thanks

We have to add the rust remover between layers. I will go down to the basement later or tomorrow and see what the bag says. Have to get going to work now. Bah. Its Sunday. Thanks Ryan!

Thanks

Are investors pulling out from an Obama Administration's redistributive economy?

Mainstream Economist: Marx Was Right. Capitalism May Be Destroying Itself

Nouriel Roubini is a mainstream economist who teaches at New York University and may be best known as one of the early predictors of the '08 crash.

He is no Marxist.

But today, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Roubini admitted that Marx was right about Capitalism and raised the possibility that Capitalism is destroying itself in the way Marx outlined more than a century and a half ago.

I've produced a rough transcript (Roubini's accent gives me some trouble) of the critical portion of this very interesting interview. I urge you to read each word carefully at least once, if not twice.
    WSJ: So you painted a bleak picture of sub-par economic growth going forward, with an increased risk of another recession in the near future. That sounds awful. What can government and what can businesses do to get the economy going again or is it just sit and wait and gut it out? Roubini: Businesses are not doing anything. They're not actually helping. All this risk made them more nervous. There's a value in waiting. They claim they're doing cutbacks because there's excess capacity and not adding workers because there's not enough final demand, but there's a paradox, a Catch-22. If you're not hiring workers, there's not enough labor income, enough consumer confidence, enough consumption, not enough final demand. In the last two or three years, we've actually had a worsening because we've had a massive redistribution of income from labor to capital, from wages to profits, and the inequality of income has increased and the marginal propensity to spend of a household is greater than the marginal propensity of a firm because they have a greater propensity to save, that is firms compared to households. So the redistribution of income and wealth makes the problem of inadequate aggregate demand even worse.

Karl Marx had it right. At some point, Capitalism can destroy itself. You cannot keep on shifting income from labor to Capital without having an excess capacity and a lack of aggregate demand. That's what has happened. We thought that markets worked. They're not working. The individual can be rational. The firm, to survive and thrive, can push labor costs more and more down, but labor costs are someone else's income and consumption. That's why it's a self-destructive process.
    The full interview is here.

The portion where Roubini talks about Marx and excess capacity is here.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

What Roubini stated is a part of my personal research I have been doing. There is actually much more to this down spiral.

Thanks

Kansas City, Missouri Plaza Mayhem Prompts Call For Change
    August 15, 2011

Kansas City Mayor Sly James vowed Sunday that he’d take steps to end large, nighttime gatherings of unsupervised teenagers and preteens on the Country Club Plaza by holding parents to account.

How, he didn’t know.

But whatever plan is developed, it will be a joint effort of the mayor and the City Council, James said after consultation with school officials, police and the juvenile court, among others. And James promised that the plan will be in place before next weekend.

It may or may not include an early curfew, as some are calling for.

“We can’t expect that imposing a curfew is going to stop some 15-, 16-, 17-year-old from bringing a gun to anywhere,” he said at an afternoon City Hall news conference. “On the other hand, we should be able to expect parents not to have their 13-year-old children on the Plaza getting shot.”

His announcement came a day after the Saturday night shooting that saw three youths wounded and the mayor forced to the ground by his security team. James, along with former Councilman Alvin Brooks and a group of ministers, was at the Plaza talking with kids and assessing the crowd problem in response to calls from Plaza owner Highwoods Properties and others to roll back the current midnight curfew on weekends to 9 p.m.

“A curfew would have merit in our view, but that is a decision our capable mayor and his team of municipal experts need to weigh,” Highwoods said in a statement issued Sunday.

The shootings occurred shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday near 47th and Wyandotte streets. When shots rang out — witnesses reported hearing five or six — James was about 50 yards away. His two bodyguards pushed him to the ground and drew their guns.

“They basically forced me into the flowerbeds by the Cheesecake Factory,” James said.

He was uninjured. But two boys and a girl — 13, 15 and 16 years old — were wounded. A bullet grazed the girl’s face, and the two boys were shot in their legs, police said. None of the injuries was life-threatening. James said all three youths were in stable condition on Sunday.

Kansas City police continue to investigate the shootings and interview witnesses. Police believe some witnesses know the shooters’ identities but are reluctant to reveal their names.

The Plaza has been the scene of large crowds of underage people both this year and last, mostly on warm weekend evenings in the spring, summer and fall. Some come to see a movie and others are there simply to hang out, James said.

Generally, they are well behaved, but there have been sporadic bouts of violence and disorder.

The first notable occurrence was on April 10, 2010, when as many as 900 youths, some as young as 11, converged on the shopping and entertainment district that Saturday night. Police responded to reports of vandalism and assaults. One group of teens robbed and beat a couple from Grandview. A girl in a prom dress was shoved into a fountain. Fights broke out.

Police used pepper spray to disperse groups who refused to move along when instructed to do so.

Afterward, city officials and community leaders expressed their concern by staging a summit to look for ways to deal with the situation. The general agreement was that kids needed more activities.

At the time, City Councilwoman Cindy Circo said she would put together a “youth master plan” to see where there might be gaps between programs like Night Hoops basketball and other activities. However, no plan was developed. Circo now says she is unconvinced that more city-sponsored activities are the solution.

“We can have organized programs, but the kids who need to be there, aren’t,” she said in an interview before Saturday’s incident.

Circo, the mayor pro-tem, was at James’ side on Sunday as the mayor acknowledged that while more youth activities would give kids more things to do, it was not the city’s responsibility alone. Churches, schools and businesses, also, need to get involved, he said. But most of all he blamed parents for allowing their children to roam unattended late into the night at the Plaza and other gathering places in the city.

“We have a youth problem on the Plaza, but first and foremost we have a parent problem,” he said.

James said many of the kids he spoke with Saturday were from Wyandotte County, Grandview, Raymore and other suburbs, and had been dropped off by their parents. Any new plan of action the city develops, James said, needs to be aimed at getting the attention of parents who, he said, use the Plaza as “a babysitter.”

“How do we hold parents responsible?” he asked.

Police have repeatedly called on parents to be more responsible.

Philadelphia over the weekend began enforcing a 9 p.m. curfew on Fridays and Saturdays in areas that have seen even worse problems than Kansas City has experienced. Police arrested about 50 people the first night. Teens can be fined up to $300 and parents $500.

Kansas City’s current curfew is midnight on weekends and 11 p.m. the rest of the week. An initial violation results in a $1 fine. Subsequent violations are $500 or probation, which includes family counseling.

Exceptions to the curfew include going to work, school activities and doing errands for a parent, among others.

Among Plaza merchants who spoke with a reporter on Sunday there was a strong consensus that serious steps are needed to solve what they see as a serious problem.

“This isn’t the first time. There have been multiple shootings,” said Lydia Wade, 19, an employee at Cold Stone Creamery, citing an instance several weeks back in which gunshots were fired just west of the Plaza along 47th Street.

Wade said that only recently has she felt less safe and greater trepidation at the Plaza. Although Wade did not work this most recent Saturday night, she said she often does work the late Saturday night shift.

“Usually, Saturday nights, there are large groups of children who don’t even look like they should be on their own,” she said. “They’re out at, like, 11 p.m. They look like they’re 7 or 8 years old.”

She recalled one night seeing a band of what she estimated to be 20 to 40 teenagers and young children just walking together down the center of 47th Street.

“The police had to chase them out of the street,” she said.

A handful of merchants said they are torn between striking a balance between the rights of kids to congregate against business interests and the safety of other Plaza-goers.

“As a businessperson, it’s not good for business,” said Jocelyn Scoggin, an employee at the nearby shop Origins. “But do the kids have the right to walk where they want? They do.”

In an ill economy, she said, neither the Plaza nor the city can afford a reputation that damages commerce.

Scoggin said that after Saturday night’s shooting, she understands how the parents of any child, particularly teenagers, would be reluctant to send their children to the Plaza unaccompanied on a weekend night.

At N Valentino, manager Julie Brunson, 27, supports a curfew even though her store closes at 8 p.m.

“It doesn’t matter whether it happens at 8 at night or 2 in the morning,” she said of the violence. “When you have situations like this where people work, people live, people shop, it doesn’t help. I don’t want it to give people the wrong idea of the Plaza.”

On Saturday night, P.F. Chang’s manager Tony Hayman, 35, said he heard what he believed to be the first of at least six gunshots about 10:45 p.m. The doors to the restaurant had already been locked, he said, because of the late hour.

He said his first concern was to keep patrons inside as a mass of kids ran through the Plaza and police descended on horseback and in patrol cars. At least one helicopter hovered above.

“What really made it surreal was to see the yellow crime scene tape wrapped around the Plaza,” he said.

All open shops on the Plaza, he said, ended up closing early, including P.F. Chang’s.

“People were calling us and asking if there was a riot,” he said.

On Sunday, Hallie and Rob Stewart of Lenexa strolled along the Plaza with their 7-month-old son, Braylon. The couple moved to Kansas City in March from the Minneapolis area. They hadn’t heard of the shooting, but said that they recalled that several years ago the Mall of America was also forced to take measures, including a curfew, when groups of teenagers became overwhelming.

“I can see both sides of it,” Rob Stewart said. “On one hand, teenagers like to linger around. But I have to tell you, in terms of the economic impact, I’d rather have a curfew and make things safer than not.”

Thanks

Why is he doing this again?

Are the kids RIOTING?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

'London is coming to U.S.'

Posted: August 12, 2011
    9:32 am Eastern
    © 2011

A London rioter told a reporter that looters were "showing the rich we can do what we want."

Rush Limbaugh played the audio and remarked: "We already have near race riots at the Wisconsin State Fair in a state where that kind of thing is not known for. I'm telling you. These are the equivalent of Obama voters in the United States, people you just heard here on the BBC" (FREE audio).

Limbaugh mocked one of his favorite targets, MSNBC's newest host, Al Sharpton. When a broken teleprompter left the "reverend" trying, and failing, to speak articulately, Limbaugh had a field day (FREE audio).

"Now, we as you know, ladies and gentlemen, I – speaking personally – have a great love and affection for the broadcast business," Limbaugh said. "I want everybody who enters it to represent it well. I want everybody who is in broadcasting to be a credit to the industry. I don't want it to have a poor reputation. That's why I cringe when people with no experience are given jobs."

Michael Savage

"There's no England anymore."

That refrain from a song by The Kinks is one Michael Savage has played on his show in the past, but never was it more appropriate than this week. As London burned for the third day in a row, Savage called the rioters "vermin" and condemned them along with the authorities whose suicidal social policies led directly to the current catastrophe (FREE audio):

Savage called it "one of the saddest days in American history" when 21 members of the elite Navy Seal Team 6 were killed after their helicopter was shot down by the Taliban. He blamed the Defense Department for putting these heroes in harm's way and blasted Obama for not even asking Americans to observe a moment of silence to morn the loss (FREE audio).

Sean Hannity
    Guest host Larry Elder sat in for Sean Hannity on Monday and talked about the real cause of America's debt crisis.

"The problem with this country," Elder told listeners, "is that this country has three forms of entitlement programs, and they are all on automatic pilot: Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Even Bill Clinton, right before he was impeached, was about ready to propose privatizing Social Security, and they would have gone along with it. It isn't that nobody cares about old people, but any commodity, whether its eggs or health care, if you want to make it more accessible, and cheaper, to the widest number of people possible – prices, private sector, competition and capitalism are the best ways of dealing with this" (FREE audio).

When he returned to the mic, Hannity took up the theme, saying: "This is the most predictable economic crisis that we have ever had in our history. If you doubt it, look what is happening in London. London serves as a great warning to us. If we continue to follow this 'nanny, caretaker, womb-to-the-tomb' socialist society path – this is what our future is if you can't afford to pay for it all. This is what's coming to the country" (FREE audio).

Mark Levin

It was a "meeting of the Marks" as Levin welcomed author Mark Steyn on the program for a lengthy and invigorating talk about his eagerly awaited new book, "After America: Get Ready for Armageddon." Levin recommended the book wholeheartedly, and told his guest, "We have to talk more often!" (FREE audio).

Later in the week, Levin endorsed Indiana State Treasurer Richard Mourdock for Senate against longtime incumbent Richard Lugar, and explained why (FREE audio).

Laura Ingraham

Mark Steyn joined Laura to talk about his new book "After America," which is already a bestseller (FREE audio).

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter received national attention this week for his sermon condemning violent African-American youth. He was Laura's guest, talking about what inspired this African-American mayor to speak out.

On a similar topic, Britain's most controversial teacher, Katharine Birbalsingh, offered her no-nonsense first-hand account of life in London's riot-plagued low-income areas.

Also this week, "the godfather of the Tea Party," financial expert Rick Santelli, gave Laura and her listener a candid assessment of the U.S. economy (FREE audio).

Glenn Beck

Did he or didn't he? Glenn Beck and his on-air crew had considerable (somewhat tasteless) fun at Rep. Barney Frank's expense, when the veteran lawmaker apparently passed gas on live TV (FREE web cam).

Not surprisingly, a quick search of Amazon.com reveals that the prolific Beck has some new books coming out in the next 12 months. Titles include "The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed about Thomas Jefferson," "I Am George Washington" and the Christmas fable, "The Snow Angel."

And now, from the left side of the dial

Al Sharpton can't seem to catch a break.

First, Rush Limbaugh mercilessly mocked Sharpton's teleprompter malfunction. Now, Sharpton's own radio listeners are turning against him.

One caller asked Sharpton if he was planning on paying his back taxes.

"It's more than clear that he owes the IRS a bundle," noted Radio Equalizer's Brian Maloney (FREE audio).

Sharpton and one of his "expert" guests also proclaimed on the air that the economy wasn't really in such bad shape!

However, Sharpton's "expert" got the U.S. debt-to-GDP numbers wrong: It isn't 1.6 percent, but an astonishing 102.63 percent!

Oh well, close enough for Al Sharpton. He's obviously not very good with money anyhow.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

New Video Surfaces Showing Unprovoked Attack by Philadelphia Teens
    August 18, 2011

A new video has surfaced showing a group of teen girls attacking a worker outside City Hall in Philadelphia, myfoxphilly.com reports.

The video, shot in May, shows a woman being attacked in broad daylight. The video shows the woman walking outside City Hall when a pack of teenage girls appears from behind her and slams her into the ground, hitting her repeatedly.

The woman said the attack was relentless.

"When I was in the air was when they got the first punch on my face that scared me I’ve never been punched like that,” she told myfoxphilly.com.

In the video, the girls are seen laughing, screaming and even dancing.

The city of Philadelphia has been plagued by teen mob violence and recently instituted a curfew in an attempt to curb the attacks.

Police have been contacted and are investigating the attack.

Click here for more on this story from MyFoxPhilly.com.
    Video at the above link.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

The only thing that will stop these attacks are for the teens to fear getting hurt by the person they plan to attack.

And until that happens, the attacks will continue.

It's like warfare; you gotta make the conquest not worth the cost.

Thread Information