Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing Persecution of Christians from the Far Left

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Growing Persecution of Christians from the Far Left

The effect of decades of tolerance in a society.

Michigan liberals attack Lansing congregation in the middle of Sunday worship

By Nick, Section News
    Mon Nov 10, 2008

This is what we're up against.

On Sunday morning, amidst worshiping congregants and following unifying prayers that our President-elect be granted wisdom as he prepares to lead our nation through difficult global, social and economic challenges, the Michigan left declared open war on peaceful church goers.

They did it with banners, chants, blasphemy, by storming the pulpit, by vandalizing the church facility, by potentially defiling the building with lewd, public, sex acts and by intentionally forcing physical confrontations with worshipers.

This didn't take place in some dystopian, post modern work of fiction and it didn't take place in San Francisco or Berkley. This was the scene at a Bible believing church in Lansing, Michigan.

I returned home myself yesterday, from church and an afternoon watching football with the family, to find an email in my inbox from a friend in the Capitol City. Isn't surprising to see her name in the inbox as she and I often compare notes on our Sunday services.

Truth be told, I've done my best over the last year to start a friendly little rivalry with her. My church is better than hers, I insist, and I have been known to tell her why. Hers is superior to mine, she reminds me, and lists the reasons. (I admit I'm maybe a tad hyper-competitive, but my church really is the best in the world.) Yesterday's email began with an understated proclamation; "So church today was exciting..."

On Sunday, November 9, 2008 Michigan liberals sat peacefully through announcements, worship and prayer for the sick, our nation and our President-elect before staging a coordinated, disgusting and repulsive attack on worshipers and the broader concept of the church itself at Lansing's Mount Hope Church.

The lefties were a part of a liberal organization known as Bash Back Lansing and their collection of radical blogs, including one of the state's most widely read "mainstream" progressive blogs (and none which will receive a link on this website) called on "queers and trannies" from across the state and the region to converge on Lansing for what they refer to as an "action." While many of the members claim to be anarchists (they drove on roads, ate non-garden grown foods, printed materials on products created by government protected free markets, wore clothing, talk incessantly about "organization," etc etc etc) their broader goal is stated plainly on one of their lefty blogs.

"I can tell you that we are targeting a well-known anti-queer, anti-choice radical right wing establishment."

Mount Hope, for the record, is an evangelical, bible believing church whose members provide free 24 hour counseling, prayer lines, catastrophic care for families dealing with medical emergencies, support groups for men, women and children dealing with a wide variety of life's troubles, crisis intervention, marriage ministries, regular, organized volunteer work in and around the city, missions in dozens of countries across the globe, a construction ministry that has built over 100 churches, schools, orphanages and other projects all over the world and an in-depth prison ministry that reaches out, touches and helps the men and women the rest of society fears the most. They also teach respect for all human life and the Biblical sanctity of marriage as an institution between one man and one woman.

This is what Michigan liberals label a "radical right wing establishment," and over 30 of them showed up in force yesterday. Wearing secret-service style ear pieces and microphones they received the "go" from their ringleader and off they went.

Prayer had just finished when men and women stood up in pockets across the congregation, on the main floor and in the balcony. "Jesus was gay," they shouted among other profanities and blasphemies as they rushed the stage. Some forced their way through rows of women and kids to try to hang a profane banner from the balcony while others began tossing fliers into the air. Two women made their way to the pulpit and began to kiss.

Their other props? I'll let them tell you in their own words... from another of their liberal blogs:

"(A) video camera, a megaphone, noise makers, condoms, glitter by the bucket load, confetti, pink fabric...yeh."

The video camera they put to good use as they attempted to provoke a violent reaction. The image of the pink-clad folks above is one of theirs, stating in a picture worth more than a thousand words the goals of the Michigan left.

The "open minded" and "tolerant" liberals ran down the aisles and across the pews, hoping against hope to catch a "right winger" on tape daring to push back (none did). And just in case their camera missed the target, they had a reporter in tow. According to a source inside the church yesterday there was a "journalist" from the Lansing City Pulse along for the ride, tipped off about the action and more interested in getting a story than in preventing the vandalism, the violence and anti-Christian hatred being spewed by the lefties. We'll see what he files and what his editors see fit to print.

Props were readily on display too, though some of the condoms may have been put to even more nefarious use.

An hour after police and security had collected and removed who they thought were the last of the liberals, a volunteer security person discovered two more, hiding, together, in a public restroom. While their compatriots engaged in openly violent protest in front of everyone these two snuck away to potentially stage their own protest of sorts, and only by the grace of God did one of the hundreds of kids at the church not happen upon that particular restroom in those moments. Precisely how long they'd been there and precisely what they'd been up to we don't know.

The church's response? After things settled down, the blasphemy ended, the lewd props removed and the families safe from fear of additional men and women running into and past them the pastor took the stage and led the congregation in one more prayer... not for retribution, or divine justice or a celestial comeuppance (that's what I'd have prayed for) but instead that the troubled individuals who'd just defiled the Lord's house, so full of anger and hate, would know Jesus' love in their lives and God's peace that exceeds human understanding.

Yesterday morning defined the difference between a church of believers and Michigan liberals. It also illustrated in shocking, painful detail precisely what we're up against.

http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2008/11/10/13335/904
    Attached Files Attached Files

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Growing Persecution of Christians from the Far Left

Reporter defends observer role in Michigan liberals' violent, anti-Christian Church attack

By Nick, Section News
    Posted on Tue Nov 11, 2008

Approximately five hours after RightMichigan brought you the first coverage of Michigan liberal activists' illegal, lewd, blasphemous and violent assault on peaceful worshipers at Mount Hope Church, the Lansing City Pulse went online with their story, filed by a writer who rode shotgun, tipped off in advance by radicals hoping to garner a little positive news media coverage.

His newspaper was identified early by witnesses on the scene but until his story hit the wires we didn't have the reporter's name. Now we do; Nathan Harris.

The initial RightMichigan story mentioned his presence on-site and I suggested that he was more interested in getting a story than in preventing the vandalism, the violence and the anti-Christian hatred being spewed by the lefties.

Mr. Harris didn't like that characterization and he let me know it.

Last evening (read: very early this morning) after I'd finally put the computer to sleep for the night Harris shot me an email instructing me on the proper role of journalists in situations like these.

Harris: I wanted to identify myself for you, put a name to the quote-unquote journalist, and let you know that, according to all professional guidelines I'm aware of, I stand by my story as reported. There is a specific role the press plays in our society, and there are significant questions that go along with putting that into practice. I know that I have a responsibility, though, to provide an accurate record of events, regardless of where my personal sympathies may lie for any given assignment.

...I was uneasy with the conclusions you seem to draw on what I was up to Sunday and wanted to offer some correction. Thanks for your time.

Harris brings up an interesting point... journalists, in the best tradition, are there to watch, to listen, to observe and to record, but never to interfere (name that TV show). In other words, the conclusions I'd drawn in the initial story were 100%, spot-on, laser-focused accurate. He was, and admits, to being more interested in getting his story than in preventing violence, vandalism and anti-Christian hatred.

Here's the broader, ethical question... where does the responsibility of a journalist end and the responsibility of a human being, a moral agent, begin? Is it when there is a possibility of some uncomfortable moments? Maybe not. When there is an imminent threat of physical violence? See how suddenly the line blurs a bit?

According to the City Pulse:

City Pulse was alerted to the Bash Back event through a press release and had no prior knowledge of where the "action" would take place or what it would entail.

In the left's premeditated attack on church-goers at Mount Hope, violence wasn't just a possibility, one could easily argue it was the goal. One look at the liberal blogs promoting the event certainly erases any doubt that violence was at the very least a serious possibility. The thugs didn't post pictures of themselves dressed like terrorists, holding weapons and bragging about previous violent "actions" because they were planning on singing Kumbaya with the second graders in Sunday School. They weren't going there to stage a loud, raucus, legal protest. Half of them were wearing disguises, for heaven's sake!

The very fact that Mr. Harris and the City Pulse tagged along to the event provides ample evidence that they had a reasonable expectation of serious shenanigans. Newspapers, even "alternative" newspapers like the Pulse receive dozens of press releases and media advisories every day. Most of them, frankly, just aren't exciting.

Even a passing glance at the liberal Michigan blogs promoting this particular event made it abundantly clear, though, that excitement was the order of the day and the instant the radical caravan arrived at Mount Hope church, with Harris willingly in tow, it became even clearer that innocent men, women and children were in immediate danger.

So what's a journalist to do? Better yet, what's a human being to do?

Let me put it in these terms... had the City Pulse, an "alternative newspaper" received a media advisory about an imminent violent "action" against a local, gay night club would they have sent a reporter to tag along, watch and report on the violence or would they have alerted the proper authorities the moment the target was identified?

Doesn't take a journalist to figure out the answer to THAT question.

They'd have gotten on the horn right away, or alerted security on-site. And that would have been the RIGHT thing to do.

They'd have been irresponsible not to... the same way the City Pulse was irresponsible to allow peaceful moms, dads and kids to be victimized by the anti-Christian bigotry and violence of the left at Mount Hope on Sunday.

http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2008/11/11/14250/046

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

FAITH UNDER FIRE
    Lesbians, condoms go wild in attack on Christian church
    Making out at pulpit, shouting blasphemies in front of children

Posted: November 11, 2008
    9:07 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

Worshippers at a Bible-teaching church in Lansing, Mich., were stunned Sunday when members of a pro-homosexual, pro-anarchy organization named Bash Back interrupted their service to fling propaganda and condoms around the sanctuary, drape a profane banner from the balcony and feature two lesbians making out at the pulpit.
    According to a blog posting by Nick De Leeuw on Right Michigan, the Bash Back organization orchestrated a protest in front of Mount Hope Church to draw the church's security staff away from the sanctuary.
    Then Bash Backers who had dressed up and mixed in with church worshippers took action.
    According to De Leeuw, "Prayer had just finished when men and women stood up in pockets across the congregation, on the main floor and in the balcony.

"Jesus was gay,' they shouted among other profanities and blasphemies as they rushed the stage. Some forced their way through rows of women and kids to try to hang a profane banner from the balcony while others began tossing fliers into the air. Two women made their way to the pulpit and began to kiss," he wrote.

He cited the Bash Back organization's own announcement of other items members brought into the church, including "a megaphone, noise makers, condoms, glitter by the bucket load, confetti, pink fabric. ..."

According to the alternative Lansing City Pulse – which reported it was notified of the protest ahead of time and sent a reporter along instead of warning the church – the protesters also screamed at parishioners and pulled the church facility's fire alarm. Printed material protesters distributed said, "We specialize in confronting homophobia, transphobia and every and all other forms of oppression."

Photo by Bash Back of its own members, who disrupted a Michigan church service by flinging condoms around the sanctuary

The report said Bash Back issued a statement today confirming it targeted Mount Hope, which has about 5,000 church participants, because it participates in "the repression of queers."

On the newspaper's forum page, a contributor commented, "Homosexuals and anarchists. A perfect combination of human beings with no hope, no morals, no future."

Many demonstrators fled and the rest were quiet after sheriff's officers were summoned.

"Mount Hope churchgoers were unclear as to what the purpose of the demonstration was," said a statement from David Williams, a spokesman for the church.

"The leadership of Mount Hope Church does not attempt to identify the church as anti-homosexual, anti-choice, or right wing. The church does take the Bible at face value and believes what the Bible says to be the truth," Williams' statement continued.

"According to the Bible, Mount Hope Church believes homosexuality to be a sin, just as fornication, stealing, drunkenness, and lying are sins. No sin greater than the next. Mount Hope Church strives to follow Jesus' example of loving the sinner but not the sin while helping people change their lives for God's glory and their improved quality of life. Mount Hope Church also recognizes that to each person God grants freewill."

The church then offered help for people "caught up in unwanted sexual sin, drug abuse, and many other areas."

De Leeuw reported "the 'open minded' and 'tolerant' liberals ran down the aisles and across the pews, hoping against hope to catch a 'right winger' on tape daring to push back (none did).

"This is what we're up against," De Leeuw wrote. "Amidst worshiping congregants and following unifying prayers that our president-elect be granted wisdom as he prepares to lead our nation through difficult global, social and economic challenges, the Michigan left declared open war on peaceful churchgoers.

"Mount Hope, for the record, is an evangelical, Bible believing church whose members provide free 24-hour counseling, prayer lines, catastrophic care for families dealing with medical emergencies, support groups for men, women and children dealing with a wide variety of life's troubles, crisis intervention, marriage ministries, regular, organized volunteer work in and around the city, missions in dozens of countries across the globe, a construction ministry that has built over 100 churches, schools, orphanages and other projects all over the world and an in-depth prison ministry that reaches out, touches and helps the men and women the rest of society fears the most. They also teach respect for all human life and the Biblical sanctity of marriage as an institution between one man and one woman," De Leeuw wrote.

"The church's response? After things settled down, the blasphemy ended, the lewd props removed and the families safe from fear of additional men and women running into and past them the pastor took the stage and led the congregation in one more prayer ... not for retribution, or divine justice or a celestial comeuppance (that's what I'd have prayed for) but instead that the troubled individuals who'd just defiled the Lord's house, so full of anger and hate, would know Jesus' love in their lives and God's peace that exceeds human understanding," De Leeuw wrote.

His blog attracted dozens of comments, including one that said it was just as well the protesters hadn't picked his church.

"It was well within the church members' rights to respond with non-lethal force to put an immediate end to this assault. It this happened in my house, I'd have every right to throw someone out a window or two."

In a statement posted on the Internet, Bash Back confirmed its "operatives" were in the service, "stood up, declared themselves fags, and began screaming loudly. … Another group threw over a thousand fliers to the entire … congregation. The fire alarm was pulled. Queers began making out in front of the pastor. And within a matter of minutes, everyone had evaded the guards and made their escapes."

The statement continued, "Let is be known: So long as bigots kill us in the streets, this pack of wolves will continue to BASH BACK!"

The report comes just a day after video documentation of pro-homosexual protesters in California challenging a 69-year-old woman to a fight because she was affirming the biblical perspective of homosexuality.

"This screaming and shouting, name-calling and pushing by homosexual activists is not unlike a small child throwing a fit because he doesn't get his way," said Randy Thomasson, chief of the Campaign for Children and Families, a leading California-based pro-family group. "The public is getting a clue that homosexual activists don't like democracy and are willing to trample anyone and anything that gets in their way."

California voters by nearly 53 percent to 47 percent last week adopted a state constitutional amendment limiting marriage to one man and one woman.

Learn about the intimidating tactics and brilliant marketing techniques being used by "gay rights" activists – read David Kupelian's controversial blockbuster, "The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom."

Gary Glenn, president of the American Association of Michigan and co-author of the Marriage Protection Amendment approved by Michigan voters in 2004, condemned the homosexual activist group's intimidation tactics.

"We will alert churches statewide of this now close-to-home threat of disruption of their members' freedom to worship in peace and safety," Glenn said, "but this is not the first time in history Christians have faced persecution or threats of reprisal for standing for their faith and values."

He predicted Americans, "particularly people of strong religious faith, are not cowards" and would not "be bullied by emotional adolescents who disrespect private property, the rule of law, and anyone who dares hold opinions diverse from their own."

"We will pray for and offer help to those who have gender identity and same-sex attraction disorders, but Americans will continue to reject their attempts to overturn the will of the people and impose their disorders on our children and society at large," he said.

Glenn said AFA-Michigan will join the Catholic League in urging Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox to investigate the organized violation of the church's private property rights and the group's threat of future disruptions of worship services.

Catholic League president Bill Donohue today issued a statement condemning the group's actions and accusing the news media of failing to report it with the same intensity they routinely do complaints by homosexual activist groups.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80743

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Gay rights protesters disrupt Sunday service

People threw fliers, shouted slogans at Delta Township church

Kathleen Lavey

klavey@lsj.com
    • November 12, 2008
    • From Lansing State Journal

DELTA TWP. - A radical gay rights group is claiming responsibility for a protest Sunday at Mount Hope Church in Delta Township.

Protesters who entered the Creyts Road church along with worshippers surprised the congregation when they stood up during the service, threw fliers at churchgoers and shouted slogans such as "It's OK to be gay," and "Jesus was a homo," according to David Williams, communications director at the church. His father, Dave Williams, is the church's longtime pastor. He was not preaching at the church Sunday.

Another group of protesters demonstrated outside the church at the same time as the indoor protest.
    The Eaton County Sheriff's Department responded to the scene Sunday but no arrests were made.
    In a released statement, David Williams said churchgoers were unclear as to the purpose of the demonstration.
    A Lansing group affiliated with a radical gay organization known as Bash Back, formed to protest the Republican and Democratic national conventions earlier this year, put out a call on the Internet on Oct. 7 for activists to come to a "radical queer convergence" in Lansing on Nov. 7-9.

A posting on its MySpace page declared the convergence a "fierce success."

Fire alarm pulled
    According to a report on the Bash Back group's news site, protesters inside the church pulled a fire alarm, unfurled a banner from the church balcony, shouted and threw fliers to the worshippers.

Outside the church, protesters carried picket signs and an upside-down, pink cross.

The conservative RightMichigan Web site posted an account of the incident Monday, and a number of conservative bloggers had picked up on the item by Tuesday.

Williams said the church had received 80 to 85 e-mails and phone calls by Tuesday, "from churches and individuals around the country to express their concern and general disgust for what happened on Sunday."

Nick De Leeuw of RightMichigan said he got his account of the incident from a church member who was there.

However, he said, the photo along with his report - of protesters dressed in black with their faces covered by pink, Middle-Eastern style headcoverings - was not from the protest at the church but from an earlier Bash Back protest elsewhere.

No arrests made
    Mount Hope Church, affiliated with the Assemblies of God denomination, teaches followers that homosexuality is a sin.

However, "Mount Hope Church strives to follow Jesus' example of loving the sinner but not the sin," Williams said.

The Eaton County Sheriff's Department got a call regarding the protest at about noon Sunday, said Lt. Jeff Warder.

Warder said protesters outside the church left peacefully when someone from the team of pastors came outside and told them they were not welcome on church property.

Warder said deputies did not handle the protest inside the building.
    No arrests were made.

In New York City on Tuesday, the conservative Catholic League said it would ask Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox to investigate the protest.

Typically, the sheriff's investigation would be turned over to the county prosecutor if the sheriff felt charges were warranted, said Matt Frendewey, spokesman for the attorney general's office. He said it would be rare for the attorney general's office to get involved in such a case.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...WS01/811120369

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Protest at Mormon Temple in Oakland

by Felix Barrett ( revolution.sfbureau [at] gmail.com )
    Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM
    On Sunday, November 9, more than 1000 people supporting the right of gay people to marry demonstrated at the Mormon Temple in the Oakland Hills. The protested targeted the Mormons who contributed over $18 million to the hate filled Proposition 8 campaign that banned gay marriage in the state. Police closed freeway exits and the streets near the temple as angry protesters lined the sidewalks outside the temple.

All progressive people need to take a stand against this attack on fundamental rights.

mormonprotest_3_small.jpg

On election day, November 4, Proposition 8 passed in California. This proposition amended the California constitution to declare only “marriage between a man and a woman” would be recognized in the state—in effect reversing a June 17 California Supreme Court decision that allowed gay marriage. Now, this “Yes” vote on Proposition 8—by a margin of 52% to 48%—has effectively ended that right and, by changing the constitution itself, has made it much harder for the right to be restored.

The reaction to the passage of Proposition 8 has been immediate, and angry.

Los Angeles: Several groups announced a protest meeting in the City of West Hollywood the day after the election. West Hollywood is a city next to LA with a large and visible gay and lesbian population. Speakers voiced support for the election of Barack Obama as president and promised support for the lawsuits that had already been filed to invalidate the hateful proposition. But people in the crowd were impatient and were ready to step out into the streets and resist. An hour into the rally, two young women went into the street, and were arrested by LA County sheriffs. Hundreds, then thousands, of people followed their example, and marched off. With rainbow flags and clenched fists in the air, they marched east into Los Angeles. Homemade signs read “Equality Now!” “No Hate,” “Go to Hell Mormon Church” (the Mormons were among the reactionary religious groups who backed Proposition 8), “What Will They Take From YOU?” The cry went up “Gay, Straight, Black, White, Marriage is a Civil Right”…

Once the march kicked off, several thousand took to the streets and marched on CNN several miles away, and then moved to the tourist destination at Hollywood and Highland where they were met by phalanxes of LAPD riot police. In the face of this, one bold protestor ran through an LAPD police line and jumped onto, and then up and down on, a black and white police car, causing a sensation among the crowds of people. As this was happening simultaneous marches were occurring over a wide area of the city, with many thousands involved, and support growing. The following day thousands marched on a Mormon temple in West Los Angeles.

One man at the protest said gays are among the first targets, but others are going to be next. Another person pointed out that passing a proposition like this in California, which is supposed to be a liberal state, would set a very bad precedent. The defiance, righteous anger, and no business as usual character of this upsurge is a welcome development that needs to spread.

San Francisco: “We Will Not Be Quiet” Chanting, “Whose Rights? Our Rights!” and “We will not be quiet!” more than ten thousand demonstrators took to the streets of San Francisco on Friday evening November 7 to protest the passage of Proposition 8 in California, blocking traffic during rush hour on Market Street, the main thoroughfare through San Francisco’s downtown and filling the streets of the famous Castro District and other parts of the city with a spirit of defiance. A large group of the protesters took the intersection of 9th and Market near San Francisco City Hall for hours, locking arms and refusing to move. The crowd was made up of mainly people in their 20s or younger and of all nationalities. Many heard of the protest on Facebook or via text messages from their friends or from signs posted in subway stations. This was the second protest in San Francisco in the three days since the election.

Around the country: The Salt Lake City Tribune reported that on Friday, November 7, “More than 3,000 people swarmed downtown Salt Lake City to march past the LDS temple and church headquarters, protesting Mormon involvement in the campaign for California’s Proposition 8.” And that after a rally, “the masses headed west…shouting chants such as: ‘What do we want? Equality! When do we want it? Now!’” In Chicago more than 500 people protested the induction of Christian fascist James Dobson into the Radio Hall of Fame – Dobson and his Focus on the Family organization played a major role in getting that proposition onto the ballot and in the campaign for its passage.
    http://revcom.us

Can I Vote on Your Marriage? by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_4_small.jpg

What's Next? Seperate Water Fountains? by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_11_small.jpg

We Won't Sit in the Back of the Bus by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_8_small.jpg

Police by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_9_small.jpg

33 Years Together by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_6_small.jpg

We Will Not Surrender by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_5_small.jpg

Love by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_1_small.jpg

Equal Rights by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_2_small.jpg

Seperate is not Equal by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_7_small.jpg

Hypocrites by Felix Barrett Monday Nov 10th, 2008 11:53 AM

mormonprotest_10_small.jpg

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Gay Marriage Demonstrators Move to L.A. Cathedral, Saddleback Church

From CITY NEWS SERVICE 09.NOV.08

'What a lot of religious people of all faiths did to us on last Tuesday was just wrong and it’s unfair,' says one protestor.

About 200 gays and lesbians upset over the voter- approved ban on gay marriage marched from East Los Angeles to the downtown Catholic Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels Sunday.

Other protests occurred in Orange County at the evangelical Saddleback Church in Lake Forest and a Mormon church in Laguna Niguel.

Meantime, clergy at All-Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena announced they will continue to conduct wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples, even though county clerks have stopped issuing marriage licenses.

The protests and rallies, which have occurred every day since Tuesday, are in response to voter approval of Proposition 8, which amends the state constitution to restrict marriage to between a man and a woman.

The ballot measure overturns a Supreme Court decision in May that struck down Proposition 22, a 2000 ballot measure, also approved by voters, that banned same-sex unions. Over the summer, some 18,000 same-sex couples tied the knot, and the status of those unions are now in question.

Lawsuits have been filed to once again overturn the ban. Many gays are comparing the battle for equal marital rights to the civil rights movement of the 1960s.

Today’s Los Angeles demonstration, organized by a Hispanic group, Latino/a LGBT, began at 1 p.m. in Lincoln Park.

A couple hundred protesters marched from the park to the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, 555 W. Temple St., where they joined other protesters, without any incidents, said Officer Julianne Sohn of the Los Angeles Police Department.

The day after the election, Catholic Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Los Angeles Archdiocese issued a statement thanking his parishioners for supporting Proposition 8.

“I am grateful to the Catholic Community of Los Angeles for your commitment to the institution of marriage as fashioned by God and to work with such energy to enshrine this divine plan into our state’s Constitution,’’ he said.

Mahony said support for Prop. 8 had nothing to do with discrimination against gays.

“Proposition 8 is not against any group in our society,’’ he said. “Its sole focus is on preserving God’s plan for people living upon this earth throughout time. The Catholic Church understands that there are people who choose to live together in relationships other than traditional marriage. All of their spiritual, pastoral and civil rights should be respected, together with their membership in the church.’’

Protesters disagreed.

“What a lot of religious people of all faiths did to us on last Tuesday was just wrong and it’s unfair,’’ Rakefet Avergel told ABC7. “We don’t want to bother them at their church, but they bothered us at the polls.’’

“We wanted to show that we are part of the Latino community and there is a strong part of the Latino community, and the black community, that is supportive of [lesbian gay bisexual transexual] rights,’’ Richard Alvarez of the ANSWER Coalition told ABC7.

About 70 percent of blacks and a majority of Hispanics voted for Proposition 8, according to election officials.

Although Sunday’s protests were smaller than some last week, activists vowed the rallies will continue.

“Civil rights is a movement. It is not an event, and every struggle for civil rights has had its fits and starts — everyone needs to stand up and be visible,’’ Paul Heinsbaugh told the TV station.

By 4 p.m., most people were making their way back to the park, Sohn said.

In Orange County, about 300 people showed up outside Saddleback Church this morning to protest passage of Proposition 8, the Orange County Register reported.

They held signs reading “shame on Rick Warren,” the church’s pastor, and “preach love, not discrimination,” while chanting “equal rights now,” the newspaper reported.

On Oct. 24, Warren endorsed Prop. 8. In an e-mail to his followers, he said, “For 5,000 years, every culture and every religion — not just Christianity — has defined marriage as a contract between men and women. There is no reason to change the universal, historical definition of marriage to appease 2 percent of our population.’’

“You just can’t take away someone’s rights and have them still be quiet about it,’’ protester Ryan Jones told ABC7. “Vote or not. It’s just absolutely inappropriate to do so. It’s not even about marriage on some level. It’s about discrimination.’’

“Imagine if Proposition 8 said now we are going to make marriages between interracial couples illegal,’’ protester Eddy Gutierrez told the TV station. “We would have riots in the streets. People would go, ‘that’s unconscionable. And yet, because it’s gay people, it’s somehow okay.’’

Prop. 8 passed by a margin of 52.5 percent to 47.5 percent, and about 57 percent of Orange County voters supported the ballot measure, according to the Register.

A smaller protest was held at a Church of Latter-Day Saints in Laguna Niguel and at a Mormon temple in Westwood.

Advocates of same-sex marriage are especially angry at the Mormon church because its head encouraged members to contribute money to the “Yes On 8’’ campaign.

“No one’s religious beliefs should be used to deny fundamental rights to others,’’ Lorri L. Jean, chief executive officer of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, said earlier. “Our civil rights are inalienable.’’

Jean said Mormons — at the urging of church President Thomas Monson — contributed more than $15 million to fund the campaign in support of Proposition 8.

“It is a travesty that the Mormon Church bought this election and used a campaign of lies and deception to manipulate voters in the great state of California,’’ Jean said.

The Mormon church in Salt Lake City issued a statement denying that the church’s opposition to same-sex marriage has anything to do with bigotry.

“It is important to understand that this issue for the church has always been about the sacred and divine institution of marriage — a union between a man and a woman,’’ according to the statement. “Allegations of bigotry or persecution made against the church were and are simply wrong. The church’s opposition to same-sex marriage neither constitutes nor condones any kind of hostility toward gays and lesbians.

“Even more, the church does not object to rights for same-sex couples regarding hospitalization and medical care, fair housing and employment rights, or probate rights, so long as these do not infringe on the integrity of the traditional family or the constitutional rights of churches.’’

At the liberal All-Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena, clergy said they will defy the ban on gay marriage and continue to perform wedding ceremonies, which they have been doing for 18 years.

“The only difference will be that we will not actually be signing marriage certificates,’’ the Rev. Ed Bacon told the Pasadena Star on Friday.

The newspaper reported that 57 percent of Pasadena voters supported Proposition 8.

“How dare a religious body say that these people are not holy and that their relationships are not holy,’’ Bacon said Sunday. “We know that they are sacred.

“The only way [opponents of gay marriage] could win was to deceive the voters,’’ he said during his Sunday sermon. “Our task is to continue to stand in solidarity with one another with the incredible coalition of communities that has been created through this campaign.’’

“One of the most important things we’re celebrating here today is freedom of religion,’’ said the Rev. Susan Russell. “Because of the separation of church and state, we consider all of our couples married in the sight of God in a way that is completely separate from civil marriage. I think that was the big challenge, the message that didn’t get through as well as it should have during the Proposition 8 campaign.

“Just as God’s blessing is available to us all, so should the blessing of the church be available to couples who find each other, fall in love, want to commit themselves to each other until death do they part,’’ she added. “I think we need to treat those couples equally. We’ve been doing that here for 16 years. And for a brief, shining moment, we had 140 days where we got to treat them equally. We’re going to continue to work very hard to see to it that we get back to that place.’’

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger also commented on Proposition 8 Sunday, saying he was disappointed that it passed.

“It is unfortunate,’’ he said on CNN’s “Late Edition.’’ “But it is not the end because I think this will go back into the courts. … It’s the same as in the 1948 case when blacks and whites were not allowed to marry. This falls into the same category.’’

On Wednesday, Robin Tyler and Diane Olson — the lesbian couple whose lawsuit prompted the state Supreme Court to strike down Proposition 22 — had their attorney, Gloria Allred, file a writ with the high court, challenging Proposition 8.

The gay rights group, Lambda Legal, is also challenging the validity of the ballot measure.

Santa Clara University law professor Gerald Uelmen told the Los Angeles Daily Journal he doubted any challenge to Proposition 8 would succeed, but attorney Jennifer Pizer of Lambda Legal disagreed, saying Proposition 8 was tantamount to revising, not simply amending, the state constitution.

“The magnitude here is that you are effectively rendering equal protection a nullity if a simple majority can so easily carve an exception into it,” she told Los Angeles Times last week. “Equal protection is supposed to prevent the targeting and subjugation of a minority group by a simple majority vote.”

http://www.laindependent.com/default...endent&he=.com

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Gay anarchist group infiltrates, protests outside Eaton County church

Tuesday, November 11,2008

Gay anarchist 'action' hits church

by Nathan Harris

(Nathan Harris/City Pulse) The "outside team" focuses its attention on traffic passing by the Mt. Hope Church in Eaton County.

A gay anarchist group infiltrated the Mt. Hope Church in Eaton County Sunday morning, disrupting a service by pulling a fire alarm, dropping leaflets and yelling at parishioners, a pastor said.

The group, Bash Back, was simultaneously picketing outside the church, beating on buckets and using a megaphone to shout “Jesus was a homo” and other slogans as confused churchgoers continued to enter the building.

Members of Bash Back issued a press release Tuesday saying that it targeted Mt. Hope, a church that claims a flock of around 5,000, because it is "complicit in the repression of queers in Michigan and beyond."

According to the Myspace.com page of the Lansing chapter, the network initially sprung up with the intent of increasing homosexual visibility within the anarchist community.

The “action” began early Sunday morning at the Northstar Center on Lathrop Street in Lansing where a group of around 20 protesters gathered. Pink bandanas, signs, a rainbow-colored “Bash Back!” flag and a pink, wooden cross were distributed among about half the group — the “outside team.” The rest — “inside team” — were dressed in conservative clothes and carried Bibles and stacks of fliers, intending to blend in to the church‘s 11:30 a.m. “contemporary-laid back service.”

City Pulse was alerted to the Bash Back event through a press release and had no prior knowledge of where the “action” would take place or what it would entail.

“We’re having an action today,” one of the organizers told this reporter at the Northstar Center. “You’re in for a treat.”

Bash Back began picketing outside the church doors soon after the 11:30 service began. The group also handed out fliers, which were much calmer in tone and targeted more at the curious than the angry.

“We specialize in confronting homophobia, transphobia and every and all other forms of oppression,” the fliers read. “We strive for the liberation of all people.”

After a few minutes of protesting in front of the church doors, the “outside team” was asked to move its protest to the street, about 100 yards from the building. The team, standing beneath a row of tall flags that flank the entrance to the fortress-like church, focused its energy on the passing cars.

About 40 minutes into the service, the “inside team” ran from the building to their cars and drove away.

The Rev. John Elieff, “Helps Minister” at Mt. Hope Church, said Bash Back members disrupted the service by bursting into the sanctuary, throwing fliers, hanging a banner from the balcony and pulling fire alarms.

“It was an unwelcome and violent demonstration,” he said.

When Eaton County Sheriff’s deputies arrived, they questioned the remaining protestors in the church parking lot. Elieff and other church staff questioned the Bash Back members why Mt. Hope Church had been singled out.

“I don’t know,” was an almost universal response.

Elieff acknowledged the group’s right to protest, but he said the church’s civil rights were infringed upon when the service was disrupted.

No one was arrested at the church, and, Elieff said, as far as he knew, no arrests have been made.

“I would have preferred that they had all been taken in,” he said.

Elieff called Bash Back’s description of the church as a “well-known anti-queer, anti-choice radical right-wing establishment” a “gross misinterpretation.”

He said the leadership of Mt. Hope Church attempts to identify the church as neither anti-homosexual nor anti-choice, but that homosexuality is one of many sins the Bible condemns.

“Mt. Hope Church struggles to follow Christ’s example of loving the sinner and not the sin,” he said.

http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/lans...ts-church.html

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

November 11, 2008...12:25 pm

The Winds of Persecution Blow

Gay Protesters Target Christians, Target Churches in CA and MI,

Assault Elderly Woman

Link: http://www.kpsplocal2.com/global/vid...D&rnd=10689379

No, the above picture is not a picture of Jihadists and militant proponents of Islam, but militant homosexual anarchists that have gone ballistic over the passage of Proposition 8 banning Gay Marriage in California.

I find it ironic that the on the same week as the anniversary of Kristallnacht 70 years ago this past Sunday - another mobbed is whipped into hatred and frenzied rage against a religious people. The rage is sweeping the country in the post-Obama, post Prop-8 Election aftermath where the radical Left, asserting victory in both the election and the Culture War has declared outright war on the Religious Right.

Near-riots have engulfed California and the angry mob has targeted churches to vent their rage over the decision by California voters to ban Homosexual marriage in the State’s Constitution. Homosexual mobs and rabid Leftists surrounded the Mormon Temple in Oakland and protested.

They also protested Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church and the Catholic Cathedral in L.A.

As one protester stated: “What a lot of religious people of all faiths did to us on last Tuesday was just wrong …We don’t want to bother them at their church, but they bothered us at the polls.’’

So in other words, because people of faith voted their conscience as provided by the Constitution - they dared “bother” the deviate with their vote and now the deviates will seek retribution because of their vote. I thought these people cherished democracy? What these mobs have illustrated is that your right to vote, your right to speak, your right to protest is a right only THEY are allowed to have. You and I are to sit down and shut up while they force us to call a sin goodness by demand. The mob will attack you for exercising the same rights they claim for themselves.

For the radical Left, democracy only applies when they get what they want. If a vote goes against what they demand, they will riot and assault to terrorize the community into submitting to their demands.

We used to call this tyranny and mob action by malcontents, but today the mob and the media will simply call it a ‘demonstration’.

Even when Christians are assaulted by these mobs.

An elderly Christian lady, who was bold enough to stand up and assert her faith, her opinion on the public court steps was assaulted by these mobs. I daresay this lady has more guts and faith than the majority of the preachers and pastors in the pulpits of America.

She was assaulted for it.

But it does not end there.

In Lansing Michigan on Sunday, A gay anarchist group infiltrated the Mt. Hope Baptist Church in Eaton County Sunday morning while part of the group protested outside, infiltrators inside then disrupted the service pulling a fire alarm, dropping leaflets and screaming at parishioners in their own house of worship.

We may wave off these actions as limited, as a tiny aberration by a small group of disgruntled minorities - but you would be ignorant of the rising zeitgeist blanketing the nation.

The Marxist/Radical Left in this country HATE Biblical Christianity. In fact, the radical Left has allied itself with radical Islam and dictatorial Socialists in an unholy alliance against America and biblical Christianity. The portents of both conflict and persecution against those of faith has gone up a hundredfold in the past week.

I am watching the signs, and the storm clouds of biblical Christian persecution are gathering in America. Already the winds of hatred are blowing. A new Christianity of Secular Leftists is being decreed the “real” Christianity in America, and seeks to deconstruct biblical faith in the country.

Unfortunately, the Christian Church in America only has itself to blame for the coming assault and persecution of faith. They rolled over and let the culture fall to the secular hedonists, and instead of influencing the culture to stay the straight and narrow path - the church has hid itself from the culture, or has been corrupted by the culture itself.

Perhaps if Christians had the convictions and fortitude of the lady in the video, we would not be witnessing a light repeat of history.

But the storm itself is just gathering it’s strength, building. The time will come soon when the storm matures to it’s full fury, and blows across the land.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

FAITH UNDER FIRE
    Gift bag bomb explodes at Christian missionary's home

Neighbors fear pink-wrapped package may have targeted daughters

Posted: November 11, 2008
    10:04 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Christian missionary Gary Stevenson and his family

Christian missionary Gary Stevenson thought the pink, gift-wrapped bag he found on his doorstep was a present left for one of his toddler daughters, but when he brought it inside his home, the bomb within the bag exploded.

Stevenson suffered multiple lacerations and burns, deep cuts on his head and chest, and underwent surgery to remove shrapnel from his liver. But he is expected to make a full recovery.

His daughters, age 1 and 3, were away with their grandmother at the time, the Vancouver Province reports about the attack in Langley, British Columbia, but his wife and three others who were helping the family in the process of moving to a new home were in the house. Only Gary was injured in the blast, which scattered pink tissue paper throughout the residence and punched shrapnel holes in the walls.

"What's really terrifying is who would put a bomb in a gift bag that was in pink?" Miles Forrest, a friend of the Stevensons told the Province.

"Was somebody trying to kill his daughters? He was going to give it to them but … luckily, in a way, he opened it ahead of time," said Forrest.

Stevenson is a missionary with Power to Change, a ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ Canada, serving on the campus of Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, British Columbia.

Twenty neighboring units in the Stevenson's townhome complex were evacuated and searched following the explosion, but police bomb squads and dog teams were unable to find any other explosives.

"At this point in the investigation," Royal Canadian Mounted Police Const. Holly Marks said in a statement, "police have not yet determined whether this incident was targeted or random."

Guy Saffold, executive director of ministries at Power for Change told CTV British Columbia that Stevenson is recovering well, asking for chocolate and his Bible to be by his side.

The ordeal, however, has left the Stevenson family shaken, reports Saffold.
    "You understandably feel very unsafe when you don't know why you were targeted or if you were targeted and what may have happened," Saffold told The Toronto Globe and Mail.

Saffold said Stevenson "was asking people to pray that he gets better soon, [and he is] also asking people to pray that police would find some leads, to know why this was done and have some closure."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

White powder sent to Mormon temples in Utah, LA

Nov 13, 10:08 PM (ET)

p {margin:12px 0px 0px 0px;} LOS ANGELES (AP) - Letters containing a suspicious white powder were sent Thursday to Mormon temples in Los Angeles and Salt Lake City that were the sites of protests against the church's support of California's gay marriage ban.

The temple in the Westwood area of Los Angeles was evacuated before a hazardous materials crew determined the envelope's contents were not toxic, said FBI spokesman Jason Pack.

The temple in downtown Salt Lake City, where the church is based, received a similar envelope containing a white powder that spilled onto a clerk's hand.

The room was decontaminated and the envelope taken by the FBI for testing. The clerk showed no signs of illness, but the scare shut down a building at Temple Square for more than an hour, said Scott Freitag, a spokesman for the Salt Lake City Fire Department.

None of the writing on the envelope was threatening, and the church received no calls or messages related to the package, Freitag said.
    Protests in recent days have targeted the Mormon church, which encouraged its members to fight the recently passed amendment banning gay marriage in California.

Authorities are looking into several theories on who sent the letters and why, Pack said.

Anthrax mailed as a white powder to Washington lawmakers and media outlets killed five people and sickened 17 just weeks after the attacks of September 11, 2001. Periodic hoaxes modeled on the anthrax mailings have popped up since then but usually prove harmless.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081114/D94EEP9O2.html

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Obama's Plan for the Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender "Community"

Support for the LGBT Community

"While we have come a long way since the Stonewall riots in 1969, we still have a lot of work to do. Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans. It's about whether this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect."
    -- Barack Obama, June 1, 2007

The Obama-Biden Plan
    Expand Hate Crimes Statutes: In 2004, crimes against LGBT Americans constituted the third-highest category of hate crime reported and made up more than 15 percent of such crimes. Barack Obama cosponsored legislation that would expand federal jurisdiction to include violent hate crimes perpetrated because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical disability. As a state senator, Obama passed tough legislation that made hate crimes and conspiracy to commit them against the law.

Fight Workplace Discrimination: Barack Obama supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, and believes that our anti-discrimination employment laws should be expanded to include sexual orientation and gender identity. While an increasing number of employers have extended benefits to their employees' domestic partners, discrimination based on sexual orientation in the workplace occurs with no federal legal remedy. Obama also sponsored legislation in the Illinois State Senate that would ban employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

Support Full Civil Unions and Federal Rights for LGBT Couples: Barack Obama supports full civil unions that give same-sex couples legal rights and privileges equal to those of married couples. Obama also believes we need to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions. These rights and benefits include the right to assist a loved one in times of emergency, the right to equal health insurance and other employment benefits, and property rights.

Oppose a Constitutional Ban on Same-Sex Marriage: Barack Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2006 which would have defined marriage as between a man and a woman and prevented judicial extension of marriage-like rights to same-sex or other unmarried couples.

Repeal Don't Ask-Don't Tell: Barack Obama agrees with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili and other military experts that we need to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The key test for military service should be patriotism, a sense of duty, and a willingness to serve. Discrimination should be prohibited. The U.S. government has spent millions of dollars replacing troops kicked out of the military because of their sexual orientation. Additionally, more than 300 language experts have been fired under this policy, including more than 50 who are fluent in Arabic. Obama will work with military leaders to repeal the current policy and ensure it helps accomplish our national defense goals.

Expand Adoption Rights: Barack Obama believes that we must ensure adoption rights for all couples and individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation. He thinks that a child will benefit from a healthy and loving home, whether the parents are gay or not.

Promote AIDS Prevention: In the first year of his presidency, Barack Obama will develop and begin to implement a comprehensive national HIV/AIDS strategy that includes all federal agencies. The strategy will be designed to reduce HIV infections, increase access to care and reduce HIV-related health disparities. Obama will support common sense approaches including age-appropriate sex education that includes information about contraception, combating infection within our prison population through education and contraception, and distributing contraceptives through our public health system. Obama also supports lifting the federal ban on needle exchange, which could dramatically reduce rates of infection among drug users. Obama has also been willing to confront the stigma -- too often tied to homophobia -- that continues to surround HIV/AIDS. He will continue to speak out on this issue as president.

Empower Women to Prevent HIV/AIDS: In the United States, the percentage of women diagnosed with AIDS has quadrupled over the last 20 years. Today, women account for more than one quarter of all new HIV/AIDS diagnoses. Barack Obama introduced the Microbicide Development Act, which will accelerate the development of products that empower women in the battle against AIDS. Microbicides are a class of products currently under development that women apply topically to prevent transmission of HIV and other infections.

From Obama's Official Government website Change.Gov:
    http://www.change.gov/agenda/civil_rights_agenda/

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Sparks fly as 'gay' activist mob swarms Christians

Residents of homosexual district: 'We're going to kill you. We know who you are'

Posted: November 17, 2008
    10:16 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

Hundreds of homosexual activists rushed out of bars and swarmed a group of Christians who were singing songs in San Francisco's Castro District – and some even threatened to kill the worshippers.

A group of Christians had been singing and praying in the "gay" district for several days, but they never expected an angry mob would run them out. However, that's what happened Friday night.

One woman who was attacked told her story at Pastor Lou Engle's Justice House of Prayer in San Francisco. She said the group's fellowship had been peaceful for several nights before the riot.

"People would come stand with us and join us," she said. "We got to pray for some people."

But then angry men began yelling profanities and warning the Christians to leave the district.

(Warning: Video may contain offensive language)

One asked, "Why are you here?"

The leader of the group said, "We're here to worship God, and we're here because we love you."

A group of men approached the Christians and covered them with a large cloth, backing them into a corner. Then the angry mob began swearing and growing larger. The bars began emptying out, and a crowd completely surrounded the Christians.

The worship group began singing "Amazing Grace," while an estimated 500 "gay" advocates sang, "We Shall Overcome."

The woman said she and her friend were doused with hot coffee. One man took a Bible from her friend, hit her on the head with it, pushed her to the ground and began kicking her. People began lunging at the Christian group, blowing whistles in their ears.

"They started saying, 'We're going to kill you,'" she said. "They started taking our pictures and saying, 'We're going to kill you. We know who you are."

Then she said a man jumped through the crowd and pushed her forehead.

Just then, a squad of police officers arrived in riot gear, surrounding the Christians and forming a protective human wall.

She said the police told them, "You have to leave if you want to make it out."

When the group continued praying, an officer came back and said, "You don't have a choice anymore. We're going to escort you out."

The officers then took the Christians to their cars. The angry mob began lunging at them through the riot gear and chanting "Shame on you!"

Some yelled, "We are going to follow you all the way home!" Others called the Christians "hypocrites."

One man screamed into a camera, "We don't ever want them coming back. Do you understand that, other Christians? Do you understand that, other Mormons? I'm talking to you, people. Yeah, you. Stay out of our neighborhood if you don't like us. Leave us alone!"

Learn about the intimidating tactics and brilliant marketing techniques being used by "gay rights" activists – read David Kupelian's controversial blockbuster, "The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom."

The woman said her group had merely organized a peaceful fellowship and wasn't there to condemn homosexuals.

"We hadn't preached," she said. "We hadn't evangelized. We worshipped God in peace, and we were about to die for it."

"Their rights were respected," Joe Schmitz, an opponent of Prop. 8, told San Francisco's KTVU Channel 2. "They got a chance to go ahead and pray on the sidewalk, and I had the opportunity to express my freedom of speech, which is telling them to get out of my neighborhood."

The following day, approximately 20,000 people marched in San Francisco to protest passage of California's Proposition 8 protecting traditional marriage. Several thousand people conducted other protests around the nation in cities such as Manhattan, Chicago and Los Angeles. According to reports, many protesters feeling emboldened by the recent election chanted, "Yes we can!" – a slogan popularized by the Barack Obama campaign.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81310

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

FBI Investigates Mysterious Package at Syracuse Jr. High

FBI Investigates Mysterious Package at Syracuse Jr. High

Created: Tuesday, 18 Nov 2008, 10:05 AM MST

The FBI investigated a mysterious package delivered to the LDS seminary building at Syracuse Junior High on Tuesday, November 18, 2008.

SYRACUSE, Utah -- Syracuse Junior High School was placed on lockdown Tuesday morning as the FBI investigated a mysterious package delivered to a nearby seminary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Authorities say that the envelope was addressed to the LDS church but had the seminary's address. They say that the envelope had "suspicious markings," but did not elaborate further as they are still investigating.

A hazardous materials team was also dispatched to the scene at 1450 South 2000 West in Syracuse.

Students were evacuated from the seminary to the school. Witnesses at the scene say the seminary was taped off for the investigation. Officials are asking parents not to pick up students attending the school.

Watch FOX 13 News and MyFoxUtah.com for the latest.

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages...Y&pageId=1.1.1

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Homosex-fest mocks traditional families
    Folsom Street poster suggests norm includes leather, nudity

Posted: May 18, 2009
    10:02 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh

Editor's note: The poster image included in the following story may be objectionable to readers.

Promoters of an annual sex event in San Francisco who in 2007 mocked the famous Leonardo da Vinci painting of the Last Supper to publicize the Folsom Street Festival this year are making fun of the traditional family in their poster.

The organizers for the X-rated Folsom Street Fair have produced a poster to promote this year's event that features half a dozen actors and actresses playing the roles of the iconic "nuclear family" photograph from 40 years ago – dressed in leather, holding fetishes and not quite fully clothed.

"Will House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., denounce this attack on the natural family, or will she continue to pander to her homosexual base – as she did by refusing to condemn a version of the above that blasphemed the Last Supper?" asked Peter LaBarbera, of Americans for Truth.

"Few Americans have any clue about just how deviant America's Queer Mecca is," he said.

WND reported on last year's event, when the local Chronicle newspaper documented: "There were naked people selling bondage gear and naked people seeking support for measures on the Nov. 4 ballot. There were naked people with cameras, taking pictures of other naked people. One man wore only an 11-foot Burmese python, which curled around his waist."

The festival, which celebrates deviant sex, including homosexual activities, has turned in recent years into a daylong showing of nudity and public sex acts with promotions of the unnatural and pornographic – all on the public streets of San Francisco with formal approval from Mayor Gavin Newsom.

"Entry signs to the fair said, 'Nudity is illegal,' but thousands of people took advantage of the fact that nudity and decency laws were not enforced by the police," LaBarbera's report on last fall's event said.

He published several edited photographs documenting the exhibitionism and nudity that ran rampant. Other websites, to which WND is unable to link because of their graphic nature, published fully X-rated photographs of events there.

Linda Harvey of Mission America described the 2008 event as a "massive pagan pansexual street party, complete with instances of full nudity, homosexuality, and crowds gathered around people being whipped for sado-masochistic pleasure."

"How Mayor Newsom and Nancy Pelosi can allow this in the city they represent is beyond all understanding," she said. "It truly seemed like the beginning of the end of civilization."

While the homosexual crowd was expected, "many partially or fully nude," Harvey said she found it surreal that couples, young women and young adults also were present.

The Folsom Street sex-fest fair poster ridiculing the iconic 1950s 'nuclear family' photograph has been slightly modified in order to be reproduced here.

LaBarbera noted that the California Catholic Daily is reporting that authorities now are promising to enforce nudity and public sex bans for coming events.

The report said the question came up concerning another San Francisco homosexual fair, called Up Your Alley, scheduled in July. The Folsom Street event is later in the fall.

The California Catholic said last year's event produced many complaints that officers ignored public indecency.

The report said a photographer gave to police evidence of public acts of oral sex and other obscenities.

Now the report said San Francisco Police Lt. Nicole M. Greely said the fair organizers will be held to established standards for public indecency, and face not having future permits unless events are policed appropriately.

"Hallelujua! (sic) It's about time the police held these organizers accountable for their blatant disregard for San Francisco law (and basic human decency)," said one anonymous participant in the newspaper's forum page.

"Mayor Gavin Newsome ORDERED the clampdown this year in order to appear normal in his run for governor. After the election, look for a return to Sodom and Gomorrah, in other words, business as usual," wrote another.

"It's awfully tough for a Sexual Liberation movement to boot out any 'perverted' group or lifestyle when homosexuality itself is a perversion that was once universally taboo," wrote LaBarbera. "(Which makes the concept of homosexuality-based 'marriage,' well, about as ridiculous as calling this poster a 'family.')"

Fair promoters boasted: "The fair is the largest leather/fetish event in the world and the third largest, single-day outdoor event in California."

"This year, the official Folsom Street Fair poster was inspired by a classic 1950's 'nuclear family' photo. In light of the passage of Proposition 8 last fall, the organization felt it was important that the Folsom Street Fair – and San Francisco – take a stand about what family is and how we experience those similar bonds in our community. Folsom Street Events wanted to juxtapose the traditional and iconic imagery from that 'era of innocence' against the irreverent diversity of the fetish community," organizers said.

"The poster is an attempt to portray an alternative to the archetypal image of the family; it's our way of saying: 'This is our family,'" said Demetri Moshoyannis, executive director.

Fetish festival organizers said Titan Media photographed volunteer poster models who represent a dad, mom, son, daughter, younger son and family dog.

Liberty Counsel had been lobbying the city for enforcement of decency laws.

"During this event, fully nude men walk the public streets engaging [in] some of the vilest acts in broad daylight. Some parents even bring their children!" the group said at the time of the 2008 event.

"History has shown that California is a very influential state. If this illegal activity is not stopped, this debauchery may soon come to a town near you," Liberty Counsel said.

San Francisco also features a homosexual organization whose members dress up as nuns.
    Last edited by vector7; December 14th, 2009 at 19:32.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

'Witch hunt' expected under new U.S. 'hate crimes' law

Lawyer who handled Boissoin saga says Obama plans to bring back 'inquisitions'

Posted: December 13, 2009
    6:57 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

The lawyer who handled the years-long battle by Pastor Stephen Boissoin over "hate speech" charges for a letter he wrote to the editor of a local newspaper that cited the Bible's condemnation of homosexuality is forecasting a nationwide "witch hunt" in the U.S. prompted by an expanded "hate crimes" law signed by President Obama.

Gerald Chipeur, who supervises law offices across Canada, worked from his Calgary headquarters on the defense of Boissoin, who was accused by a university professor of instigating hate against homosexuals with his letter to the editor.

As WND reported, an appellate court in Canada recently reversed the decision by an administrative judge that Boissoin was to pay $5,000 and give a written apology to the professor.

Alberta had adopted a "hate speech" law with promises it would be reserved for actions that accompany "hate speech." Boissoin's letter to the Red Deer Advocate criticized those who "in any way support the homosexual machine that has been mercilessly gaining ground in our society since the 1960s."

"Our children are being victimized by repugnant and premeditated strategies, aimed at desensitizing and eventually recruiting our young into their camps. Think about it, children as young as five and six years of age are being subjected to psychologically and physiologically damaging pro-homosexual literature and guidance in the public school system… Your teenagers are being instructed on how to perform so-called safe same gender oral and anal sex … Come on people, wake up!" Boisson wrote.

"Back Fired" shows how the faith that gave birth to tolerance is no longer tolerated!

University of Calgary professor Darren Lund filed the complaint with the Alberta Human Rights Commission . An administrative law judge later ordered the $5,000 payment and written apology from Boissoin along with instructions not to express his beliefs further.

Chipeur today told WND the damage to religious liberties from the case was immediate and dramatic and continues even though the decision has been overturned.

"I had church pastors, church school principals, board members coming to me for legal advice [when the case erupted]," he said. "They were saying, 'What should we do about our statement of faith, our bylaws, our policies. Should we just completely repeal them so that we won't have people offended?'"

Chipeur said his advice was for organizations to "tell the truth as you see it from the Bible" and the law firm's job was to defend that right.
    "Even though I gave them that advice, many pulled punches," he said. "They reversed policies, they buried their statements of faith, ran for the hills. They tried to do everything they could."

Benjamin Bull, chief counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund, agreed with the damage assessment.

"Homosexuals got exactly what they wanted. In the marketplace of ideas, one side has now been censored," he said. "This [situation] is exactly what homosexual activists have in mind."

That damage – the suppression of religious beliefs because of the
    intimidating effect of the lawsuit – continues today, Chipeur said.

"I can tell you there was significant damage from the decision. People continue to be afraid. People aren't going to feel safe overnight. That was the impact of the decision. Christians became afraid," he said.

"They're only human. They were frightened. They acted upon that fear, and started to reverse policies that had been in place forever," he said.

Chipeur described the core problem with the Boissoin case as a misunderstanding on the part of many who believe "hate crimes" laws will make "everyone love everybody."

Further, there are minorities who are not happy with the liberty to live their lives as they choose; they demand government endorsement and approval. Once given that, they then want to crack down on anybody who disagrees with them, he warned.

In practicality, he said, such "hate" laws – the ones in Canada and the U.S. are similar – are intended to address actions, not thoughts.

"This legislation does not address your ability to think it. It does not address your ability to speak it. It does affect your ability to act on this, to prevent someone from having a job, to get accommodations to buy things because of race, religion or sexuality," he said.

But Chipeur said he expects the same issues now to be raised in the U.S., because of the expanded "hate crimes" law signed by Obama.

"I would be shocked if you did not have 100 times more problems with this legislation than we are. Your system is set up to encourage lawyers to do this, and you have so many more people, there is more opportunity for people to take offense," he said.

"There are certain people in society who look to the government for everything, including to help them with their hurt feelings. The government was never made for that," he said.

Regardless, "there are those who want the government to bless their approach to life, whatever it is, because they have this view. They come to the point they want the government to say … you are right."

"We've learned from history that's a very bad idea. You get persecution, which is exactly what's happening here," he said.

Then those interests want the "power of the state to punish anyone who disagrees," he said. The result is, "doing exactly what we did 500 years ago. They will be going on a witch hunt, [repeating] the Spanish Inquisition."

"This is not theoretical. We've already seen it, hospitals, school boards, religious organizations pummeled with this. There are board meetings going on as we speak … talking about what they can do to avoid having complaints," he said.

The Boissoin appeals court ruling did not strike down the "hate speech" law, but it sets limits for its use. The Alberta ruling means "hate speech" laws cannot be used to silence religious expression or public debate simply because someone takes offense. Such a provision would, in fact, violate the Canadian Charter of Human Rights, the ADF said.

The accuser in such a case "must demonstrate that the speech contributed to actual harm," ADF said.

Obama signed the "Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act" in October after Democrats strategically attached it to a "must-pass" $680 billion defense appropriations bill.

The law cracks down on any acts that could be linked to criticism of homosexuality or even the "perception" of homosexuality. As Congress debated it, there were assurances it would not be used to crack down on speech. But with the law only weeks old, it has yet to be tested in court.

Days after Obama signed it, in response, pastors and other Christian leaders gathered to read from the Bible at a rally organized with the help of Gary Cass of the Christian Anti-Defamation Coalition.

Former Navy Chaplain Gordon Klingenschmitt of PrayInJesusName.org read from Romans: "And they that commit such things are worthy of death."

"The government has to invade my thoughts to decide what my motive was in quoting the Bible," Klingenschmitt explained. "I can be prosecuted if the government thinks my motive was wrong."

The rally took place in front of the offices of Attorney General Eric Holder, who supported the bill although he explained it does not protect all people equally. He is charged with enforcing the law.

Obama boasted of the "hate crimes" bill when he signed it into law.
    "After more than a decade, we've passed inclusive hate crimes legislation to help protect our citizens from violence based on what they look like, who they love, how they pray or who they are," he said.
    Some of the rally was captured by Christian Broadcasting Network on video:

"If this law is used to silence me or any of these preachers for speaking the truth, then we will be forced to conscientiously defy it," Rick Scarborough, president of Vision America, declared. "That is my calling as a Christian and my right as an American citizen."

Janet Porter of Faith2Action called it a "sad day for America."

"While a small minority of homosexual activists are celebrating, thousands of pastors, priests and rabbis are lamenting their loss of First Amendment freedoms. I for one refuse to bow before this unjust and unconstitutional law, and I intend to continue to preach the whole counsel of God as revealed in the Scriptures,'" she wrote.

"But this law doesn't just affect pastors; it will criminalize the beliefs of millions of ordinary people who may now be afraid to speak even their pro-marriage positions lest it spark a federal 'hate crime' investigation," Porter wrote.

Cass noted in the U.K., a senior citizen was accused of "hate crimes" for writing a letter objecting to a pro-homosexual festival:

"This is the way it gets implemented in all the other countries," Cass said. "Christians are singled out for prosecution, with threats, imprisonment and fines simply for refusing to stop doing what Christ commands: proclaiming the truth."

"[These cases] are a good precursor of where this goes," he warned.
    The bill signed by Obama was opposed by the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, which called it a "menace" to civil liberties. The commission argued the law allows federal authorities to bring charges against individuals even if they've already been cleared in a state court.
    Last edited by vector7; December 14th, 2009 at 22:20.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Christian Student Expelled for Failing to Affirm Homosexual Depravity

Read WP posts from Van Helsing) | (Read MT posts from Van Helsing) | rss
    Jen Keeton isn't the only graduate student to be struck down by the heavy hand of the liberal establishment for upholding Christian values in the face of militant depravity; nor is Arizona the only recent victim of black-robed liberal ideologues. Another appalling case is that of Julea Ward

A counseling major at Eastern Michigan University, Julea asked to be removed from a case rather than be forced to affirm perverted sexual practices that she rightly regards as morally abhorrent. When EMU educrats responded to this heresy by throwing her out, she took them to court. Unsurprisingly, in light of the caliber of people who run our judiciary, this didn't end well. In ruling against her, U.S. District Judge George Steeh proclaimed:
    "Plaintiff was not required to change her views or religious beliefs; she was required to set them aside in the counselor-client relationship — a neutral, generally applicable expectation of all counselors-to-be under the ACA (American Counseling Association) standard."
    Likewise, when the government has finished consolidating control over the healthcare system, Christians will not be required to change their religious beliefs; they'll just be required to perform abortions anyway.

How open-minded of the courts to allow us to believe in right versus wrong, so long as we keep those beliefs to ourselves and don't let them prevent us from doing whatever our degenerate masters command.

On a tip from Browncoat. Hat tip: The Blogprof. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Quite difficult to accept that there are people in the USA who trample on other's rights like this. The boomerang always return to it's origination. GOD has the last word, how can anyone misbehave?

Thanks

Happens every day of late. Have you just awakened from a long sleep then, quartertiller?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Obama snoops part 2: infiltrate, target, harass churches

95 year old world renowned evangelist Billy Graham was targeted by the IRS for opposing the Obama administration on the gay marriage issue.
    Credits: (Photo by Davis Turner/Getty Images)

That program involved infiltration -- sending in government operatives to join churches for the purpose of data collection. The government snoops would keep their eyes and ears open for criticism of the Obama administration, talk of Tea Party participation, conversations about gun ownership, and a number of other issues.

But a special report issued today by Fox News indicates that the program went far beyond infiltration and snooping. The IRS was used to harass Christian churches if they were identified as places where large numbers of anti-Obama citizens congregated for worship.

The Obama administration, according to the report, considered any public criticism of administration policies to be political in nature and should therefore impact whether or not these congregations were allowed to gain or keep their tax exempt status.

But pastors have long maintained that there are a myriad of areas where political and moral/spiritual issues overlap, and thus, the pastors feel obligated as the guardians of spiritual truth to speak out concerning these issues.

Abortion, for example, is both a political and a spiritual issue. Most conservative, evangelical Christians believe that Biblical principles are abundantly clear concerning the sanctity of human life. And many pastors thus feel constrained by their calling to condemn abortion as a hideous and barbaric assault on the sacredness of human life.

But liberal politicians such as Barack Obama consider the issue to be purely political since it involves civil law and Supreme Court rulings. And thus, churches should not be allowed to speak out about such an issue.

The overlap between spiritual/moral issues and political issues has far reaching implications for the freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Take Billy Graham, for example. The world renowned evangelist has never had a problem with the IRS over its tax exempt status, that is, until the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association threw its support behind a 2012 ballot initiative in North Carolina that would allow citizens to vote on whether or not to allow gays to marry.

The Obama administration vehemently opposed the ballot initiative and insisted that the courts be allowed to make such decisions.

No sooner had the Graham organization publicized its support for the ballot initiative than the IRS came down on Graham, denying its tax exempt status, and requiring a ton of information as a prerequisite for keeping its tax exempt status.

Although Graham eventually won the day, the IRS had made its point. Any church that dares take a position contrary to the Obama administration had best beware. And most churches are small enough that tangling with the IRS for an extended period could potentially lead to the church shutting its doors for the lack of adequate funds.

Such chilling attempts to curtail citizen rights to free speech and the free practice of religion have become the hallmarks of an administration that is so drunk with power that it knows absolutely no bounds and tolerates very little opposition of any kind to its policies.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Obama’s Proxy War on Mideast Christians

July 3, 2013 By Raymond Ibrahim 7 Comments

This article first appeared in PJ Media.

With the recent decision to arm the opposition fighting Syrian President Assad, the United States has effectively declared a proxy war on Syria’s indigenous Christians—a proxy war that was earlier waged on Christians in other Mideast nations, resulting in the abuse, death, and/or mass exodus of Christians.

Ironically (if not absurdly) this proxy war on Christians is being presented to the American people as a war to safeguard the “human rights” and “freedoms” of the Syrian people. Left unsaid by the Obama administration is the egregiously inhuman behavior these jihadis visit upon moderate Syrians in general Christians in particular, from bombed churches to kidnapped (and often beheaded) Christians.

Days ago they massacred an entire Christian village.

Nor can one argue that the Obama administration is unaware that Christian persecution is an ironclad aspect of empowering jihadis. Both past precedents and current events repeatedly demonstrate this.
    In Libya, the administration armed/supported the “freedom fighters” fighting Gaddafi, even though it was common knowledge that many of them were connected to al-Qaeda. Again, the rationale was “our responsibilities to our fellow human beings,” as Obama declared in April 2011, and how not assisting them “would have been a betrayal of who we are.”

Soon after their empowerment, some of our U.S.-supported “fellow human beings” decided to rub America’s face in it by attacking the U.S. consulate—on the anniversary of September 11, no less—resulting in the murders and possible rape of American diplomats, even as Obama tried to attribute the attack to American freedom of speech (a la a YouTube flick).

Lesser known, however, is that Libya’s small Christian minority is also being targeted. Among other things, the very few churches there are under attack and bombed; nuns that have been serving the sick and needy since 1921 have been harassed and forced to flee; foreign Christians possessing Bibles have been arrested and tortured (one recently died from his torture).

In Egypt, Obama and Hillary joined the bandwagon to eject Hosni Mubarak, America’s most stable and secular ally for thirty years. Then the administration cozied up to the Muslim Brotherhood—an Islamist organization that until recently was banned in Egypt and which no U.S. president would have been involved with. Among other “achievements,” the Brotherhood produced Sayyid Qutb, who is idolized by al-Qaeda as the chief theoretician of modern jihad and issued a 1980 fatwa calling on the destruction of Coptic churches in Egypt.

As expected, since the Brotherhood came to power, the persecution of Copts has practically been legalized, as unprecedented numbers of Christians—men, women, and children—have been arrested, often receiving more than double the maximum prison sentence, under the accusation that they “blasphemed” Islam and/or its prophet. It was also under Brotherhood rule that another unprecedented scandal occurred: the St. Mark Cathedral—holiest site of Coptic Christianity and home of the pope himself—was besieged in broad daylight by Islamic rioters. When security came, they too joined in the attack on the cathedral. And the targeting of Christian children—for abduction, ransom, rape, and/or forced conversion—has also reached unprecedented levels under Morsi.

And now as millions of Egyptians prepare to protest Muslim Brotherhood rule on June 30, U.S. ambassador Anne Patterson has asked the Coptic Pope to dissuade the Copts from joining in the protests—proving yet again that administration is more concerned about the wellbeing of the Brotherhood than the “human rights” of those they most abuse, Christian minorities.

Outside the Mideast, where Muslims are often not majorities, the administration wages its proxy war on Christians in other ways. For example, in Nigeria, where more Christians have been slaughtered and churches bombed by Boko Haram jihadis than all throughout the world combined, after the Nigerian government went on a serious offensive to neutralize Boko Haram, John Kerry warned it not to violate the “human rights” of the jihadis—the same jihadis daily abusing the human rights of Christians, often in most inhuman ways.

The meaning of Boko Haram’s name—“Western education is a sin”—is also a reminder that those Muslims who attack Christians naturally also hate the West, seeing the two as one and the same, all infidels. In other words, wherever the U.S. has empowered anti-Christian Islamists, it has also empowered anti-American forces. Put differently, Muslim persecution of Christians is the litmus test of how “radical” an Islamic society has become. Thus, in all those Mideast nations that the Obama administration has interfered—Egypt, Libya, and now Syria—the increase of Christian persecution in those countries is a reflection of the empowerment of forces hostile to the U.S. and Western civilization.

At this point, some may well raise that old question: is Obama a secret Muslim doing all he can to empower Islam? In fact, this is an irrelevant question. For even if he was, what more could he possibly do than he is doing right now—under the gaze of a somnambulant America?

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information