Thread: John Titor (alledged Time Traveler) may no be exposed

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default John Titor (alledged Time Traveler) may no be exposed

Hello Everyone.

I posted this to anomalies, but was urged to also post it here.

Yesterday, the Drudgereport linked an internal report on a Russian who in 1998 gave a future opinion on the US roughly of today.

Read the following and consider this scenario to what Titor wrote.

One of three things come to mind.

1. The Titor (person or people) were inspired by this (then) little known report of 1998. Being that the web was not what it is today such information would have been less easily found. Keeping in mind Titor did not appear until 2000/2001, making such an article even harder to locate as time had passed for overlooked and scoffed at opinions such as this one of that time.

2. It was suggested to me that Titor was a creation to give viable credit to the author of this opinion of the future US. I doubt this as it stretches over time too far, no pun intended.

3. Or maybe he was real. Evidence point to that not being so, but give that plausible chance.

From Drudge:

http://drudgereport.com/flashrur.htm

RUSSIAN ANALYST PREDICTS DECLINE AND BREAKUP OF USA
    Tue Nov 25 2008 09:04:22 ET

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

Developing...

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: John Titor (alledged Time Traveler) may no be exposed

I too posted this in the Financial sub-forum.
    http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5526

John Titor is not the only one I have seen with this strategy outline.

So when I read it this struck me with concern.

I have seen this stuff before for years in tinfoil areas but now emerging from possible Russian Think Tanks is troubling.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.
    John is not the only one I have seen with this strategy outline.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

I still think it would be cool as heck it Titor was real.

I wish I had been around to send an email, and had the results some folks did.

Interesting tie-in there Phil.

Thanks

Holy cow!

The Titor book is for sale for $400.00.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkw...romZR40QQ_mdoZ

For that price, I may seriously consider rejoining Ebay just to sell mine.

Thanks

My copy of the Titor book is mint. Maybe I ought to sell mine, as from what we know from those of us who read it, it was paraphrased.

Thanks

btw, note the book listing on eBay is in Non-Fiction.

Thanks

Titor book?

That thing that group created? LOL

They should have sent me one for free.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to publish my stuff just to get someone to sue me....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    btw, note the book listing on eBay is in Non-Fiction.
    I most certainly noticed it earlier - and laughed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to publish my stuff just to get someone to sue me....
    Do it - although I refuse to sue you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Do it - although I refuse to sue you.
    Not much they can do about it.

As the GUY who actually BROUGHT Titor to Anomalies... I think I have some say in the matter. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I just uploaded the video at 18:56 my time, so it won't be available for a few minutes. Give it some time.

Rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxZpi-vmd7U

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ok, too long for them. Fine. Assholes.

I'll put it somewhere else.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Shit Creek Survivor. LOL
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Liked that huh? LOL

Actually it says:

"Survior" - Shit Creek Canoe Club, Been there and Back again, No Paddle.
    Last edited by American Patriot; July 1st, 2009 at 12:46.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

LOL

Release Date: Jan 07, 2014
    Top ways to search the Internet for time travelers

Key strategy involves Internet searches for a mention of something before it actually happened.

Physics professor Robert Nemiroff never really expected to see a tweet like this, but he and his students had fun looking for evidence of time travel on the Internet. No grant funds used in this research! Image via Quentin Franke.

In the summer of 2013, astrophysicist Robert Nemiroff and his students were playing cards and chatting about Facebook when they wondered: If there were time travelers among us, would they be on social media? How would you find them? Could you Google them? They decided that – if they could find a mention of something or someone on the Internet before people should have known about it – that could indicate that whoever wrote it had traveled from the future. Then they …
    Selected search terms relating to two recent phenomena, Pope Francis and Comet ISON

Began looking for references to them before they were known to exist.

Used a variety of search engines, including Google and Bing, and combed through Facebook and Twitter.

Searched for prescient inquiries submitted to search engines and combed through the Astronomy Picture of the Day site, which Nemiroff co-edits.

Created a post in September 2013 asking readers to email or tweet one of two messages on or before August 2013: “#ICanChangeThePast2” or “#ICannotChangeThePast2.”
    Their invitation went unanswered. Their search turned up nothing.

But it sounds like they had a lot of fun.

The team conducted their study on their own, without grant funding. They are reporting on their results this week at the 223rd meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Washington D.C.

Read more about this research from Michigan Tech News
    Who knows how long people have been contemplating time travel? Classic comic book cover used to illustrate H.G. Well’s story of The Time Machine. Via Wikimedia Commons

They should have just asked these guys. In chronological order, the various actors who played TV’s most famous time traveler, Dr. Who.

Image via Wikipedia.

Read more from this week’s AAS meeting:
    Triple millisecond pulsar reveals secrets of gravity
    Images of a supernova’s dust factory
    First gamma-ray study of a gravitational lens
    Release Date: Jan 07, 2014

Thanks

In case anyone is interested in reading the white paper on this....

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1312/1312.7128.pdf

Searching the Internet for evidence of time travelers

Thanks

http://www.mtu.edu/physics/department/faculty/nemiroff/

Robert J. Nemiroff

Contact

Professor, Physics

• PhD, Astronomy and Astrophysics, University of Pennsylvania
    • NSF CAREER Award (1997)
    • MTU Research Award (2012)

Biography

I worked at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, USA before coming to Michigan Tech. I am perhaps best known scientifically for papers predicting, usually among others, several recovered microlensing phenomena, and papers showing, usually among others, that gamma-ray bursts were consistent with occurring at cosmological distances. I led a group that developed and deployed the first online fisheye night sky monitor, deploying later models to most major astronomical observatories. I co-created the Astrophysics Source Code Library (ASCL) open repository. In terms of science writing, I am perhaps best known as a co-creator and editor of the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) website. My current research interests include trying to limit attributes of our universe with distant gamma-ray bursts, and trying to develop a sky monitoring smartphone application.
    Supporting APOD: Please help Michigan Tech support APOD. MTU's support for APOD includes hardware (composition computers), software (online discussion board), teaching-release time, and graduate student support (answering questions, social network support, etc.), Some of this is offset, at times, by grants from NASA -- but not all, and not always. Donating even a small amount will help MTU to consider APOD more of a plus and less of a resource drain: MTU Physics Department's giving page.

Links of Interest

Research Interests

• Gamma-ray bursts
    • Gravitational lensing
    • Smartphones as science sensors
    • Cosmology
    • Gravitation

Thread Information