Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Obama Administration's Plans for Regulating the Internet

Thanks

Default Re: Obama Administration's Plans for Regulating the Internet

Mal, I think you have the right attitude. I do the same thing. I have friends that are cops here, and as friends they are fine and helpful - but run into one of their buddies that doesn't know you, then you're a perp like all the other perps out there.

They have a mentality to treat us all with suspicion and like criminals until proved otherwise.

Not supposed to be that way, but it is.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    See, my issue is that I pretty much have no use for cops. This is not to say I think they are all bad but interactions are usually negative I.E. various money theft by a local government for some statutory offense...speeding, parking, whatever.

I'm not a criminal, I don't do felony types of things and I never will. If someone breaks into my house intent on harming me or a loved one, I'm going to shoot them. The cops will then spend all their time trying to find out what I did wrong to jack me up. It didn't used to be that way.

I will say that I have had no bad interactions with my town's police. I've been stopped twice for speeding and let go. I've interacted with them a few other times to help in investigations and once during my identity theft. No problems at all.

I think that once you move beyond a local situation however, the cops are not looking out for your best interests and should be treated as a hostile entity and much as I avoid grizzly bears, I'll avoid the cops too.
    I'm like you Mal, I can count on one hand the number of times I've needed the police in the last 10 years. Once to write an accident report and once to give me a road kill tag for a deer.

That said, there are a ton of shit heads in society these days fostered largely by all the welfare we throw at them and as MMCO points out below the "ME" generation. I'd rather pay the police to deal with them than I. I've got better things to do.

And I'd also agree with you about the different levels of police. Local police and sheriff's department are all solid folks. Highway patrol is really nothing but revenue generators I've got no use for. In fact, here in Ohio they've been nothing but an impediment to progress with 2nd Amendment rights, opposing updates to the CCW laws and the current push for Constitutional Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    It all went away with the "ME" generation. The ME generation, steeped in self-centered entitlement whether black, white, red, or brown, cannot see beyond their own wants. Their perspective, as broken as it is, dominates all conversations all interactions. They were taught from day one to care only about themselves, psychosis, mental illness and all. To care about someone else or another social group is so beyond their capacity it's tragic. We are a broken society, a culture I think damaged beyond repair. The social engineers have been wildly successful.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Here it comes....

BREAKING: FCC Approves Net Neutrality…

Wonderful.
    Via Politico:
    The Federal Communications Commission voted along party lines Thursday to approve sweeping changes to how it regulates the Internet, capping more than a year of noisy debate that sparked millions of public comments and drew the attention of President Barack Obama and congressional leaders.
    The agency’s three Democrats voted to approve Chairman Tom Wheeler’s net neutrality order, which would treat broadband like a utility to ensure all Web traffic is treated equally. The commission’s two GOP members, Republican lawmakers and the nation’s telecom giants oppose the rules, saying they will dampen innovation and investment. AT&T has already threatened a legal challenge.
    “The Internet is the most powerful and pervasive platform on the planet. It’s simply too important to be left without rules and without a referee on the field,” Wheeler said at Thursday’s FCC’s meeting. “Today is a red-letter day for Internet freedom, for consumers who want to use the Internet on their terms, for innovators who want to reach consumers without the control of gatekeepers.”
    In a separate decision Thursday, the FCC’s Democratic majority voted to override state laws that prevent community-run broadband networks in Chattanooga, Tennessee and Wilson, North Carolina from expanding their geographic reach. The move will help such locally managed networks compete with incumbent cable and telecom companies.

Net Neutrality is censorship
    February 25, 2015 - People don't know the danger that is coming, said Judge Napolitano.
    If the government regulates the Internet it will regulate the content.
    The Internet is the freest transfer of information that the world has ever known, and is unregulated.

Judge Andrew Napolitano warns the Obama efforts to regulate (censor) the Internet constitute a major infringement upon freedom of speech. The FCC plan net neutrality. The net is currently free from government regulation. He said Congress has passed no statute authorizing new government controls on the Internet, and the First Amendment clearly states that neither Congress nor any government agency can make a law restricting the freedom of speech.
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/obama-......ment-nightmare
    http://tinyurl.com/censor6net

Obama's call for net neutrality spells trouble for Time Warner Cable-Comcast deal
    The fight for an open Internet just got a lot stronger, as Obama waded into the fray and issued a call for utility-style regulation to limit the power of phone and cable companies. Strong opposition coming from those industries and Republicans in Congress. But Obama's move also reduces the odds that regulators will approve Comcast's (CMCSA) $45 billion take over bid for Time Warner Cable (TWC).

The Federal Communications Commission, headed by Obama appointee Thomas Wheeler, has been working on new “net neutrality” regulations after courts struck down previous efforts intended to prevent Internet service providers from discriminating against web sites and other online content. Without such protection, regulators fear companies that dominate delivering Internet connections to consumers will be able to thwart new services and stymie innovation. The FCC, which has received almost 4 million comments on its open Internet proceeding, isn't expected to take action until next year.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-...154738302.html

GA State Rep Tweets She Wants To “Slap” Conservative Black Actress Stacey Dash “Until [She] Stops Talking”

Stacey Dash, above, is a black conservative female actress. So you know what a brave person she must be, because that’s like waving a red flag at a bull for leftists. She frequently says very sensible things. This of course annoys those who think she should be on the Democratic plantation.
    Georgia State Representative Dar’shun Kendrick tweeted this:

Stacey Dash @REALStaceyDash
    Follow
    WOW #GA State Rep @DarshunKendrick wants to "slap me" until I "stop talking" Such a role model for young black women
    2:38 AM - 26 Feb 2015

401 Retweets 208 favorites

Notice how she, like most on the left, claim to be the tolerant ones, yet always want to shut down any thought or opinion other than their own

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

FCC Net Neutrality “ObamaNet” Rules Finally Released (313 page pdf)

Posted on March 12, 2015 by sundance

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) just released the full text of their net neutrality rules. The rules were approved two weeks ago amid much controversy. The exhaustive document they have released includes statements from the five FCC commissioners.

The rules are 313 pages, and were approved on a 3-2 vote. The FCC essentially has reclassified broadband Internet as a telecommunications service in order to regulate. Internet service providers are now regulated – they may not block, slow or prioritize any part of Internet traffic above another

PDF here
    FCC Net Neutrality Order by MarioTrujillo

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information