Thread: The Mistake That Was John McCain

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Mistake That Was John McCain

I have a few articles I wanted to post that demonstrate why John McCain was such a poor choice for the Republican candidate. I would hope that after this disastrous election, the GOP gets its act together and figures out that if they want to win elections they need to bring real Conservatives to the forefront and put the Conservative message back in the mainstream with candidates that can do that.

McCain Scolds GOP For Whacking Obama
    In a surprising rebuke to the warriors who fought for him through tough times, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Sunday sided with President-elect Barack Obama and scolded the Republican National Committee for fanning the Illinois corruption scandal.

On ABC's "This Week," host George Stephanopoulos asked: "The chairman of the Republican National Committee, Mike Duncan, has been highly critical of the way President- elect Obama has dealt with this.

"He's had a statement every single day, saying that the Obama team should reveal all contacts they've had with Governor [Rod] Blagojevich. He says that Obama's promise of transparency to the American people is now being tested. Do you agree with that?"

McCain replied: "I think that the Obama campaign should and will give all information necessary. You know, in all due respect to the Republican National Committee and anybody — right now, I think we should try to be working constructively together, not only on an issue such as this, but on the economy stimulus package, reforms that are necessary. And so, I don't know all the details of the relationship between President-elect Obama's campaign or his people and the governor of Illinois, but I have some confidence that all the information will come out. It always does, it seems to me."

Just this morning, the Republican National Committee released a Web video called "Questions Remain."

"The video highlights the evolving explanations delivered by President-elect Obama and his advisers concerning their contact with the embattled and scandal-plagued Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich despite Obama's promises to instill greater transparency and confidence in government," the party's announcement said.

Thanks

Default Re: The Mistake That Was John McCain

Joe the Plumber Says McCain 'Appalled' Him
    Joe Wurzelbacher says he felt "dirty" after "seeing some of the things that take place" on the campaign trail.

'Joe the Plumber' told conservative radio host Glenn Beck on Tuesday that he felt "dirty" after hitting the campaign trail with Republican presidential nominee John McCain and "seeing some of the things that take place," Politico reported.

Joe Wurzelbacher said he was specifically put off by McCain when it came to talk of the $700 billion bailout.

"When I was on the bus with him, I asked him a lot of questions about the bailout because most Americans did not want that to happen," Wurzelbacher told Beck. "I asked him some pretty direct questions. Some of the answers you guys are gonna receive they appalled me, absolutely. I was angry. In fact, I wanted to get off the bus after I talked to him."

Wurzelbacher said he stayed on the trail with McCain "honestly, because the thought of Barack Obama as president scares me even more."

Wurzelbacher, however, offered kind words to McCain running mate Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

"Sarah Palin is absolutely the real deal," he said.

Thanks

McCain Supports Obama but Not His Former Running Mate
    Sen. John McCain, in his first Sunday talk show interview since the election, told ABC's "This Week" that he wouldn't support his former running mate Sarah Palin if she runs for president in 2012.

Can Palin count on McCain's support, George Stephanopoulos asked McCain. "Oh, no," he replied.

"Listen, I have the greatest appreciation for Governor Palin and her family, and it was a great joy to know them. She invigorated our campaign. She was just down in Georgia and invigorated their (Sen. Saxby Chambliss' senatorial) campaign. But I can't say something like that," McCain responded to Stephanopoulos.

"We've got some great other young governors. I think you're going to see the governors assume a greater leadership role in our Republican Party. Pawlenty, Huntsman...

Stephanopoulos pressed McCain, asking why Palin couldn't count on his support. "She was the best person...to succeed you if something had happened to you," he reminded McCain.

"Sure. Yes." McCain agreed. "But now we're in a whole election cycle," McCain added. " Have no doubt of my admiration and respect for her and my view of her viability, but at this stage, again...my corpse is still warm, you know?" McCain joked.

Throughout the interview, McCain avoided opportunities to criticize or disagree with President-elect Barack Obama, saying "nobody likes a sore loser."

McCain said several times he thinks Republicans and Democrats "should try to be working constructively together" on an economic stimulus package and other necessary reforms.

McCain has had "kind words" for President-elect Obama's nominees, including Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, Gen. Jim Jones as national security adviser, and Bob Gates as secretary of defense.

"You look at the national security team; this is a team you could have picked," Stephanopoulos said. "Sure, sure. Absolutely," McCain responded.

Thanks

(Speaking of this, Ryan, think we need to unsticky the Presidential Race 2008 thread and lock it myself.)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'll go ahead and unsticky it but I'll leave it unlocked until Inauguration Day.

Thanks

I deeply respect J McCain, and it was the voters, not he who were mistaken. Albeit they were bushwacked by media and SCO megabucks- the US voters voted for a commy fraud over a charitable, prudent, wise hero.

In reference to McCain's restraint and respect- for the potus office- he is polite and correct which is distinctlly different than "pc" or "politically correct". McCain cant jump out on stage and he didn't manage any hi 5'vs or bump fists. But he has wisdom, stamina, guts and respect for authority.

May de Holy Ghost prevail and I hope McCain is inaugurated. So I rish. McCain and I have something in common- older budweiser- occaisionally we share the same brew.

The short answer is his people are indeed from Ulster, from County Antrim, Ireland. They left from Coleraine town circa 1719 and appear on the border of the Pennsylvania and Maryland Colony in the early 1720s.

and bama?
    US Presidential hopeful Barack Obama can now count himself as one of the millions of Americans with Irish heritage.
    Research by the genealogy website ancestry.co.uk reveals that Mr Obama's great great great grandfather was born in Ireland, although it is not yet known where.
    Falmouth Kearney sailed from Ireland to New York in 1850 at the age of 19 on the S.S. Marmion arriving on the 20th of March.
    Advertisement

He initially settled in Ohio, got married, had eight children, and later moved to Indiana, right next door to the state Obama currently represents in the US Senate.
    Mr Keaney was part of the great American migration to escape the 1840s potato famine in Ireland.

he has 1 redeeming factor in his geneology.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I respect the hell out John McCain's service. I do not, however, respect him as a politician. God knows he went through things that would break most people. But, perhaps he did end up "damaged" because of it... The way he is always bending over backwards to please his opponents, to the point of attacking those of his own party at critical times (i.e. the above article and during the campaign when he attacked the NC GOP for running an ad that was too aggressive), smacks of someone who is desperately trying to appease his "captor". We don't need appeasers heading up the Republican party. We need rock-ribbed individuals who are willing to stand up for Conservatism and not be afraid to openly advocate it. Sarah Palin is that type of a person, John McCain is nothing more than Bob Dole 2.0 and because of that we had a repeat of 1996.

Thanks

I think this thread is a good place for this video...

They're moderates!

What a doddering old fool.

I heard about it on the radio yesterday but Debra Burlingame (sister of one of the 9/11 pilots) said it best when she posted this on Facebook:

“Alluhu akbar!” is the very last human sound on the cockpit voice recorder of United Flight 93 as it screamed into the ground at 580 mph in Shanksville, PA.
    It is also the last thing a number of the victims at Ft. Hood heard.

Thanks

An Open Letter to Senator John McCain

Today, I received a letter from Sen. McCain. Naturally, it was just another form letter designed to scare Republicans out of their hard-earned money:

To: DoctorBulldog_mail(at)YAHOO.COM

Friend,
    Barack Obama and the Democrats are falsely claiming a mandate from last year’s election in order to continue to advance their ultra-left agenda of ever-expanding government, massive deficits, and class warfare.

We must act immediately to strengthen and expand our Party for the 2013-2014 election cycle. And we must remain true to our conservative principles so that we can put brakes on the disastrous policies of a second-term Obama administration.

I am determined to do whatever I can to ensure our Party has the resources to win in future elections. That’s why I’ve asked the Republican National Committee if I can write to you today to urge you to support the RNC’s efforts to elect Republicans at all levels in the 2013-2014 elections.

By acting today, you will be reaffirming your personal commitment to stand up for an America where low taxes, free enterprise, limited government, individual responsibility, and a strong military are the building blocks to a prosperous and secure future for our nation and our families.

Barack Obama campaigned on the promise that he would bring our country together, reach beyond partisanship to solve our country’s critical problems.
    Instead, President Obama has proven to be one of the most divisive leaders our nation has ever seen.

The bottom line is this: We need your personal commitment today to help ensure that we elect Republicans who will fight for the initiatives and policies that will build a strong America and stop Barack Obama and the Democrats’ misguided policies.

With 38 governorships, 35 Senatorial, 435 Congressional and thousands of offices at stake up-and-down the ballot, we will need to spend tens of millions of dollars on candidate recruitment, opposition research, voter identification and grassroots organizing.

It is often said that “elections have consequences,” and never has that been truer than what we are witnessing now. Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress have clearly shown that they are determined to take our country down a far-reaching, radical and destructive path.

Right now, nothing is more critical than stopping them.

Please contribute $14 today to help provide the foundation for Republican victories in 2014.

Sincerely,
    John McCain

Naturally, I just couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to respond to Comrade McCain. Below is my response:

Dear John McCain,

I voted for you and ex-Governor Palin in 2008. I am sorry that you lost. Not because I thought you, personally, would make a great President, but because I believed, and still believe, that ex-Governor Palin would have MADE you a great President!

That being said, if you and your Neo-Progressive GOP establishment were legitimately serious about putting the brakes on the Democrats’ and the Obama Administration’s disastrous, Communist policies, then you most certainly would have fully supported Senator Ted Cruz and his pseudo filibuster!

Yet, you failed to support him. In fact, you fatuously belittled Sen. Cruz in a most public way! Shame on you and the entire Neo-Progressive GOP establishment! You are part of the problem, John. You and the Neo-Progressive GOP establishment are out of touch with the majority of Americans.

Currently, the largest ideological group in America is not Moderate nor Liberal; it’s Conservative. Think about that. You are disenfranchising 40 percent of America, my friend!

John, you have been handed a golden opportunity to make history and revive a GOP which is currently in its death-throes. You will not be able to save the patient unless you assiduously and legitimately embrace the Tea Party Conservatives, thus breathing new life into the GOP. I don’t care what you’ve been told or think; the GOP will not survive without incorporating the Tea Party Conservatives in a very real and meaningful way.

Also, quit worrying about appeasing and kowtowing to the “Lame Stream Media” (as ex-Gov. Palin likes to call them). It’s absolutely embarrassing. How’s that strategy working out for you, John? What are you? A man or a puppet?

The LSM is the bastard love child of Communism. President Ronald Reagan (the second greatest President, ever, in my humble opinion) NEVER kowtowed to Communism in any form. Neither should you. Furthermore, you will NEVER appease the LSM as long as you claim ownership of that “R” next to your name on the ballot. So, either stop your vain attempts at mollifying the LSM, or come out of the closet and declare yourself a Democrat in order to garner favoritism from a far-Left leaning LSM. One or the other, John.

Tangentially, your seemingly constant state of obsequiousness to the LSM has me wondering, do you really think so maladroitly of your constituents that you actually think you need to get the LSM on your side in order to win an election? They are NEVER on your side, yet you still keep winning your coveted Senate seat. So, what’s the deal with all that fatuous suck-up-ism?

Face it, John, the GOP establishment is dead unless it genuinely supports and embraces the Tea Party Conservative movement which has swept America in the past few years. No, I don’t mean merely paying Conservatives a bunch of lip service while surreptitiously sawing off their legs in order to fit them into a Procrustean bed designed by a group of misguided, egotistical Neo-Progressive GOP’ers. Make your guest beds longer, my friend, not your guests’ legs shorter!

True comradeship within the ENTIRE Republican Party is the golden key you and your Neo-Progressive GOP establishment seems to have lost. What I am saying is that you MUST veraciously and unquestionably support and embrace the Tea Party Conservatives in order to save the GOP! No more hollow words or empty promises. No more backstabbing and fatuous belittlement of Tea Party Conservatives. No more elitism and backroom deals.

Until such a time as that, you and the rest of your Progressive GOP buddies will get NO HELP from the likes of me, nor from the likes of most Conservatives and Moderates.

I believe it was Lee Atwater who popularized the term, “The Big Tent.” Well, don’t you think it’s about time that your Big Tent genuinely provide accommodations for the Right, too, instead of just pretending it does when it really doesn’t?

- Doctor Bulldog

Thanks

say it ain't so, Joe

McCain: Ariz. Republican Party Censure May Motivate Me To Run For 6th Term

January 28, 2014 1:58 PM
    Share on email
    View Comments
    Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., answers questions as he arrives for a meeting of Senate Republicans on a solution for the pending budget and debt limit impasse at the U.S. Capitol on Oct. 16, 2013 in Washington, D.C. (credit: Andrew Burton/Getty Images)

Related Tags:

Arizona Republican Party, censure, President Barack Obama, sen john mccain, Senate
    Latest News

Photos

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.

PHOENIX (AP) — U.S. Sen. John McCain says the Arizona Republican Party’s censure of him over the weekend may just motivate him to run for a sixth term.
    The censure vote came during a meeting of state committee members who cited McCain’s voting record as being insufficiently conservative.
    The members say McCain has campaigned as a conservative but has lent his support to immigration reform and funding President Barack Obama’s national health care initiative.
    In response Tuesday, McCain tells The Associated Press he has a strong conservative voting record and led the fight in the Senate against Obama’s health care plan. He blames the censure on uninformed “extremist” party elements.
    While he hasn’t decided on a run for a sixth term in 2016, McCain says he is now “more seriously” considering it.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

oh, sigh....

John McCain Is Very Upset Chuck Todd Made Fun Of Him

• 37 minutes ago

AP

Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) is raging mad at MSNBC host Chuck Todd, who was reportedly caught joking about McCain having "heart palpitations" upon discovering former General David Petraeus opposed further intervention in Iraq.

"It's not like further evidence was needed to prove the liberal bias at MSNBC and in the mainstream media, but Chuck Todd's 'hot mic' comments asking if anyone 'checked on' Senator McCain for 'heart palpitations' over General Petraeus' remarks on Iraq show just how quickly the media will try and discredit Senator McCain and anyone who questions President Obama," McCain Communications Director Brian Rogers declared in a statement.

The alleged hot mic incident occurred Thursday before President Barack Obama announced he would send a limited force of 300 advisers in Iraq. According to Mediaite, Todd and Fox News' Ed Henry mocked McCain over Petraeus' Wednesday warning against further intervention in Iraq.

Todd was quoted asking if anyone "checked on" McCain, who has been a staunch supporter of military intervention in Iraq, following Petraeus' remarks. (The "hot mic" recording does not clearly show Todd speaking.)

"I’ve got to think McCain must have had heart palpitations," Todd joked.

But McCain's spokesman argued Petraeus' position was actually more nuanced. Rogers pointed to a Thursday report indicating Petraeus supported targeted strikes against the anti-government military forces in Iraq.

"It should be embarrassing for MSNBC - but likely isn't - to see that in another interview just one day later General Petraeus said he would support targeted strikes against the ISIS terrorist army in Iraq, which is what Senator McCain has advocated – so no 'heart palpitations' necessary," he snarked.

McCain is no stranger to media criticism. Rogers similarly fumed at Politico in May for misrepresenting the senator's policy views.

An MSNBC rep did not immediately return a request for comment from Business Insider.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information