Thread: Paging Any Time Travelers Or Aliens

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Paging Any Time Travelers Or Aliens

I need a ride to a new time, solar system, or dimension.

We're in for a really bumpy ride here, and I'd rather not be a part of it.

I'll bring snacks.

Please.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Paging Any Time Travelers Or Aliens

We are in for a ride.
    Did you see the onslaught in the Firearm section today?
    Creepy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Yep.

Thanks

Might I offer a suggestion?

Remember the story I wrote about being a time traveler?

What if, just for a second, what if that were true?

What could you possibly do to go elsewhere or elsewhen, if anything you do isn't going to have a lot of leverage on time travel or the future?

What if you can't go to the future without great danger to yourself?

Why not live the time you're in and correct the time stream AS YOU LIVE it?

George Washingon, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin did it. A very young man named Joesph E. McCabe changed history, in his own time....

I think you're looking in the wrong place for the answers.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

aim small...miss small

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Why not live the time you're in and correct the time stream AS YOU LIVE it?

Living each day and moment as if it was your last- and appreciating it- that's good wisdom.

Planning and preps are 1 thing- fearing the future is slavery. For history trips, one can always take a journey to Calvary- six hours of agony and the mercy for generations and eternity. That's a good time trip when one finds themself existentially glimpsing the advanced anarchy or dawn of antichrist era.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

I'm still waiting for the Shotgun Infantry to form.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I do not fear the future. I embrace it.

Yes, I DO plan for the future, yes I AM making plans for the future.

I intend to sail my boat this summer, all summer.

Next summer I'm taking a trip in it.

The summer after that I am sailing either a newer, bigger boat in the Caribbean
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I hear of some actually preparing to leave America to escape the coming turmoil....many to the Caribbean.

Stay and fight to preserve America's freedoms or Flee to a foreign land?

What say you?

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Well, my initial post was a sarcastic, tongue in cheek, jab at the bleak appearing future. But I certainly understand all the posts.

I realize that you and I have never been introduced face-to-face:
    Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    Stay and fight to preserve America's freedoms or Flee to a foreign land?
    What say you?
    So I will say that running is never an option.

So here’s what motivated my sarcastic, utopia-seeking, initial post:
    (some of you will recognize portions of this)

To keep it short, I'll just use the frog in the pan of water analogy. The powers that be just keep raising the burner temp. The frog knows it's getting warmer, but quickly gets used to it. Then, all of a sudden, the water boils, and it's adios for the frog.

The powers that be will S L O W L Y implement their agenda in such a manner that we bitch and moan, but mounting a violent overthrow would be like dropping a nuke on McDonald's because they overcharged you, considering the circumstances.

So they raise your taxes to an unacceptable level.

Whaddya gonna do?

Write letters, picket the White House, vote against those that passed the Bill?

Do you honestly think that will have an effect?

I don’t, because I think the majority of people want things to go that way.

So they pass a new AWB.

Whaddya gonna do?

Revolt?

Yeah...right.

After all these years of a gun ban, just exactly who in D.C. led an armed revolt?

Or California for that matter.

That's partially why I think it's too late, we're doomed, nothing can be done, etc.

The other reasons are that I'm almost convinced the majority of the population wants to go that (bad) direction.

Folks always say ‘we’ll mount a force to vote them from office, wage an economic war, kick their asses if they come for my guns, etc.’

Frankly, I don’t think folks have the stomach for much more of a “fight” than writing a few letters and bitching.

There may actually be a few that do. And they’ll be squashed like annoying ants at a picnic.

Oh...so you won’t turn them in, eh?

Over the years, a few articles have surfaced regarding the fact that Police Departments et al. have maintained data bases that identify who bought what gun.

My point: I believe there is a functioning data base stating who has guns - regardless the laws prohibiting this.

If they want your guns that badly, they will come and take them.

If at any time some LEOs are injured, they will take the next house with a force designed to smother all resistance. You’ll die, and they’ll get your guns.

My actual point of all this is that after considerable thought, I have yet to find a method that will provide a mid-course correction to our swirl down the toilet bowl.

Where would I like to go?

Considering that I’d keep my memory of all events in my life, the early 1800’s would suit me just fine. I’d grab a rifle, a pack horse and some supplies, and head west.

I'd be content to live the rest of my days in absolute solitude.

Thanks

Democracies and republics rarely fall from the outside. They rot from within. You can pick up the paper any day of the week and see the disease around us.

I live in the middle of freakin nowhere. Prime hunting and fishing country. I'll bide my time and stay.

Thanks

Some of you folks seem to have it in your heads that I'm "running away" and have even voiced that opinion to me at one time or another.

This not the case.

I'm 51, gonna be 52 this year. I've spent my WHOLE life marching to someone else's drum, working hard and being busy with everything other than things that are important. I'm pretty tired of that, and I have some things in my life (though I've done a LOT of things, been a part of history and watched it happening all around me) I still have left to do.

If you all have ever bothered to read my signature line, you'll see a quote from Robert Heinlein - the character Lazarus Long in "Time Enough for Love" where he stated, "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. "

I can do most of those things. I have two on the list left to do. One of them, I prefer to put off for at least as long as Lazarus Long put it off - die gallantly. Sailing a ship, whether to some warm tropical island or around the world is something I need to do. My entire life I've had this horrible "wanderlust" and could not quench it, save for my short trips and though I've visited many countries, I can not travel to Mars, or visit other solar systems like Lazarus did...

I have now lived in the same house, in the same city, in the same state for the longest I've ever lived anywhere, twenty years. It's time to do something different, to move along, to visit other places, and do so with that "sense of adventure" that I felt as a child exploring the mountains and woods in Kentucky, walking the paths that American Indians and Daniel Boone walked.

In my life I've seen the fall of Communism - at least on a large scale with one empire, watched the rise and fall of many small countries. I've seen 12 Presidents now (I think I counted that right), watched men walk on the moon - and never return. Saw Skylab fall from the sky, the the Challenger and the Columbia and more than a dozen brave explores die. I saw and listened to Chaffey, White and Grissom die in Apollo 1.

I've seen thousands die in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Central America, the Balkins. I watched as a man tried to kill Ronald Reagan and the government tried to take away my gun rights, then watched as Clinton gave away America's missile secrets to China - and the government did nothing to stop him.

I've seen the Great Wall of China, the Pyramids and Valley of the Kings in Egypt, the Amazon River and the Amazon rain forests stalked buffalo on the Great Plains, come face-to-face with a grizzly bear and swam in several oceans now. I've walked portions of the Chisholm Trail, traveled long stretches of the Lewis and Clark path, walked the woods and trails with the spirit of Daniel Boone, stood in Gettysburg, Antietam, Fort Meyer, climbed the walls of the Alamo and Fort McHenry. I've stood on the decks of the USS Constitution and felt a stir of the spirits of those brave souls who fought the Revolutionary War. In the streets of Philadelphia I found the Liberty Bell, and visited the "Olde North Church", Lexington and Concord. I stood in the box and touched the chair in which Lincoln was assassinated. I've personally fought in combat standing with Marines and damned near pissed my pants doing it.

I've visited Communist China - and met Russians and many other people from around this world to hear about them from their own voices.

And I know the Constitution and American History.... and that we are a REPUBLIC not a "Democracy"...

But, I am all too aware that my single voice crying out in the dark is ridiculed, ignored and I'm labeled a "nut case" or a "Right Wing Nut" - and many other things, simply because I stand on the principles under which this country was founded. My voice has turned few, or done little for our cause other than to perhaps bring a ray of hope to some of you.

We are few. The Left is Many. Another thing Lazarus Long said is, "Does history record any case in which the majority was right?"

In few if any cases does it record the majority being correct.

You people are a special breed of people. You stand back, and take an objective look at the world situation and what is happening around us and to us, then you evaluate the information and make an informed decision in regards to that material. I try very hard to do the same.

We have all made good decisions on everything from attacks on our gun rights, to Global warming and many of the non-sense conspiracy theories - and granted we all made our OWN individual decisions with input from others in the group.

But, what we lack is a true, worldly voice to stand up and state clearly our purpose here - no, I don't mean just TAA, I mean OUR purpose. We lack any one who is "credible" on a world (or even national) stage to do this for us.

I thought for a time I might be the one to do that - but given all that I have seen and know about "how things work" - I'm not the person

No... my time is now for my wife, grandchildren and myself. My grand daughter Cassie is 5 and is absolutely ecstatic about our boat, she wants to sail and she wants to do it tomorrow. Given the weather here and the season and the fact I'm not ready to take people on a sail boat yet - she's going to have to learn patience at a young age. For that I'm sad, for that little girl deserves only the best that life has to offer and her mommy and daddy are doing their best to give her a good education already.

So - my time is valuable to me, and not to the world, or to our "cause" - such as it might be. I spend my time reading, writing and trying to convince the unconvertible to stop, listen, wonder and think before they act, make laws, or try to tell others what to do.

So far I'm a failure at that. Little else in my personal life has failed because I try hard to make things work - but I don't think my single voice, even combined with the voices of hundreds or thousands is going to make one change in any future events at this point.

Perhaps I'm wrong - and like I started saying, I'm not running from anything. Life greets you every morning and decisions must be made. Thus, my decisions are to live my life as it comes to me, plan for a grand future for myself and to impart some wisdom to the future generations as I can. If that happens by going to my children and grandchildren, or through a book, or that last, valiant dying act, so be it.

If I set sail and never return, so be that as well.

I realize that Lazarus Long, I ain't. I'm not a mythological character in a book, or a hero to anyone, I'm not going to live forever - though, I'd give just about anything to do so we are all mere mortals and sooner or later our alloted time is used up and nothing can stave off death. We only live on in memories through our writing, or our historical significance.

Use your time wisely, efficiently and for the sake of those that come after us, intelligently. But, above all, beyond all that is or will be, ENJOY your time on the planet.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm not going to live forever.
    wrong
    All, not most folk go wrong here, myself included. There is no end to the time continuum. If we immortal souls could grasp this truth more firmly, we would asymtopically float towards heaven with fewer errors, fewer, yet still a multitude of sins and more fruitful charity.

I thought for a time I might be the one to do that - but given all that I have seen and know about "how things work" - I'm not the person

What? Is that phenomenologically or facticitically speaking? How the fuck do you know who I am is not the same as what I am or shall be?

¡Happy sails! Any port in a storm. I truly recommend delmarva region. Chesapeake bay, Delaware bay, Delaware river, Norfolk, va. beach. Charted waters. Dollars to donuts you can rent great boats dirt cheap.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thread Information