Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Members Read

Thanks

Default Re: Colorado Members Read

Bump. It's today. I hope to see you there in Boulder.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

The Threat of Domestic Terrorism

Mr. Jeff Epstein and Dr. Paul Williams
    America’s Truth Forum
    March 9th -10th, 2007

Epstein and Williams will present NEW information on the current threat to
    America’s security. After 30 years in the business world, Mr. Epstein now focuses on national security issues, which has put him in contact with the highest ranking federal government officials. Dr. Williams is a former consultant to the FBI on terrorism and an acknowledged expert on homeland security. He is an investigative journalist and is the author of several books including his newest, The Al Queda Connection.
    Both men have appeared on national media.

Please join us on these dates:

FridayMarch 9th 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM, Lunch Buffet at Garcia’s Restaurant
    5050 So. Syracuse St (East side of I-25 at Belleview, then one blk. north)
    The cost is $25.00 (includes gratuity, tax and the speaker’s fee) Seating is limited and reservations are required by March 6 th. RSVP to dennyanderson5@msn.com

This event is sponsored by The Colorado Republican Business Coalition, The Colorado Black Republican Forum and The Jewish Republicans of Colorado.

Saturday March 10th 9:00 AM to Noon. Meeting at Calvary Temple Church, on the northeast corner of University Blvd and Alameda

March 10th 5:30 PM Meeting at BMH-BJ Congregation. The Mincha Service is open to the Jewish community with reservations.. 303-388-4203 x 3111

The Saturday seminars are sponsored by BMH-BJ Congregation, Calvary Temple, Faith Bible Chapel, Heart of the Shepherd, Psalm 100 Ministries, WINN Ministries, and the Shepherd Software Corp.
    No charge for Saturday events - a donation will be taken for the speakers.

America’s Truth Forum (http://www.americastruthforum.com) is a non-partisan organization whose mission is education on topics of national security and international terrorism. ATF’s expertise has been utilized by both private and governmental law enforcement and national
    security organizations.

See http://www.coloradomandate.org/ for any updates.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Sunday was busy for my family. In the morning we took a long walk to a neighborhood park where Communities United Against Police Brutality put on an all-day event to celebrate the birthday of Malcolm X. After the long walk back home and little more than an hour's rest, we headed out to Faith Bible Chapel for Israel Awareness Day. What a stark contrast in the two groups and the focus and views. I'll report more as I have time. I also hope to figure out how to post the little disturbing video taken at the park. Please feel free to attend the 30th Annual Israel Awareness Day Sunday June 8, 2008 at Faith Bible Chapel.

Thanks

Here is info on the first event.

http://www.workers.org/2007/us/denver-0503/

Anti-brutality group to host block party

By Tracy Schilling
    Denver

Published Apr 26, 2007 9:50 PM

Colorado Communities United Against Police Brutality will be hosting its first community block party in mid-May.

Denver area citizens formed Colorado CUAPB in October 2006, after Loree McCormick-Rice and her daughter, Cassidy, were brutalized by Officer DeShazer of the Aurora Police Department. The group is a coalition that currently includes members of the Mexican National Liberation Movement, the International Action Center, Cop Watch, and the New Black Panther Party, along with other individuals.

CUAPB actively resists some of the most common forms of oppression: brutality, harassment, and persecution by law enforcement and social service agents.

Members assist those being targeted by drawing public attention to these abuses through demonstrations and media exposure; observing and recording police stops in progress—known as “cop-watching”; providing legal referrals and information about people’s rights; and attending court with defendants whose rights have been violated.

Since the police and other agents of the state most often perpetrate their abuses against persons and communities of color, CUAPB encourages members of these communities to unite to fight back against their common oppressor. At the same time, the organization recognizes that there are differences in their struggles, and promotes self-determination for these oppressed communities.

CUAPB mainly focuses on local police brutality. However, the coalition recognizes and seeks to spread awareness about the connection between the local and international struggles of oppressed peoples against imperialism.

The purpose of having community block parties is to raise awareness about the prevalence and extent of the abuses, and to organize resistance against them.

The first gathering, the Malcolm X block party, will occur on May 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It will be held at La Raza Park in Denver, which is on the northeast corner of Osage St. and W. 38th Ave. CUAPB intends for the park to be a “no drugs, no alcohol, and no cops zone” during the event.

The block party will feature M1, from the rap group dead prez. Other performers will be local, and will include Paas, Jaime from the Flo Bots, and AKX. There will be speakers including Glenn Morris of the Colorado American Indian Movement (CO AIM); Melissa Kleinman of Fight Imperialism, Stand Together (FIST); Glenn Spagnuolo of Recreate 68; Larry Hales, Danny Salcido and Shareef Aleem of CUAPB; and Dahlia Wasfi, an Iraqi woman, who will speak about the U.S. war on and occupation of Iraq.

While the theme of the party will be seriously political, the gathering will also be fun and family-friendly. There will be no charge for food and beverages. Services such as massage therapy, acupuncture, confidential HIV/AIDS testing, and self-defense and street medic training will also be offered for free. Youth will be invited to help paint a mural of political heroes.

As a way toward holding the police accountable, CUAPB plans to form a people’s tribunal to review cases of police brutality and other state abuses, and to expose the perpetrators and pressure officials to truly bring about “justice for all.”

To get involved, come to the Malcolm X party for some serious fun or call the Colorado CUAPB hotline at 303-279-6348.

Articles copyright 1995-2007 Workers World. Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in any medium without royalty provided this notice is preserved.

Workers World, 55 W. 17 St., NY, NY 10011
    Email: ww@workers.org
    Subscribe wwnews-subscribe@workersworld.net
    Support independent news http://www.workers.org/orders/donate.php

Here's the homepage focus of the Workers World Party: http://www.workersworld.net/wwp/
    Voices of Resistance to U.S./Israeli War
    in Palestine, Lebanon & Iraq

Thanks

Here's info on the 2nd event we attended Sunday:

http://www.fbci.org/ministries/israel.html

29th Annual Israel Awareness Day: A Night to Honor Israel ::.

Sunday, May 20, at 6:00 pm FBC Family Worship Center, 6250 Wright Street in Arvada. Doors open at 5:00 pm. 5:45 pm Pre-program featuring the International Singers and Dancers. Evening program begins at 6:00 pm. Multimedia Drama is Jerusalem: Jewel of the Ages. Reception to follow in west gym.

Guest Speaker: Dore Gold. Ambassador Dore Gold is President of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. He was the eleventh Permanent Representative of Israel to the United Nations (1997-1999). Previously he served as Foreign Policy Advisor to the former Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu and advisor to Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon.

Thanks

Here's the first part of my report on the Malcolm X birthday party at the park.

As a sound system blasted out a recording of a speech by Malcolm X, about 50 people were gathered in a park, with the majority of them being part of the organized event. There were several tables set up with literature that was available for free and there were a couple of Muslim women dressed in white who were walking up to people in an effort to collect money in exchange for some sort of newspapers that they carried with them. A few hours after the start time for the block party to celebrate the birthday of Malcolm X, there were about 100 people gathered at the La Raza park. Again, at least half of those present were connected in some way to the event rather than being there to find out what was going on.

So what was going on? This was billed as being hosted by Colorado Communities United Against Police Brutality. The main speaker at the event did speak about police brutality. I’ll write more about things that were stated later.

The literature that was available free of charge, though, did not have anything to do with police brutality except for a half-page flier that names the groups involved entitled Strength & Power in the Community. (Their emphasis, as are all other bolded or colored portions that I am quoting from. After the fact, I’m assuming that the “Comm” is veiled and actually means communists and "unity" thus stands out, obviously.)
    “Communities United Against Police Brutality is a coalition formed in the Denver area. Our goal is to provide support and active aid for victims of police brutality. We also observe and document police activity in order to discourage their commonly occurring, violent actions.”
    I did pick up much of the material and I did chat a bit with those who manned the tables. Here is what I found:

Postcards pre-addressed to Senator Ken Salazar stating the following in both English and Spanish:
    “I support immigration reform that creates no new border militarization, maintains the separation between local police and immigration authorities, does not create new detention centers, contains no employment verification systems, supports true job portability, includes family unification and a much needed path to citizenship! Stop the Raids Now! I am passionate about immigration reform because:”

GI Bill: A Reality Check
    What You Need to Know!

Excerpt:
    Will I Get Money for College?
    Maybe, Maybe not…
    Over 2 million veterans have paid into the program since 1985.
    [FONT="]Over 700,000 of these veterans are not eligible at all due to their discharge.[/font]

STUDENTS and WAR

Excerpt:
    The government tries hard to entice people into the military:
    Recruiters roam high schools, colleges, and malls. They don’t talk about war. They don’t ask you to think about what it would be like to kill. They tell you about college money, but not that only 15% of enlistees ever graduate from college or that one-third of all homeless people are veterans (www.objector.org.)

Thinking about joining the U.S. military?
    DO YOU KNOW ENOUGH TO ENLIST?

Excerpt:
    Am I willing to kill…and be killed?
    [FONT="] The military prepares for war. This purpose guides everything it does.
    [/font] Are you willing to kill another person if ordered to do so? Would you destroy people’s homes or food? Would you help others who are fighting, even if you’re not in combat yourself?
    [FONT="] Would you risk your life in a fight for somebody else’s cause?[/font]

Ten Reasons Why the U.S. Must Leave Iraq

Excerpt:
    The longer the U.S. occupation continues, the more Iraqis will join the resistance, which primarily opposes the foreign presence. …When the brutality of occupation—raiding homes and hospitals, detaining people without charge or due process, torturing detainees, imposing curfews on communities, using military force to suppress demonstrations---ends, the majority of resisters will lay down their weapons.

YOU CAN’T BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE IF YOU’RE DEAD

Excerpt:
    “It is impossible to discuss the fabric of America’s military without noticing the absence of wealthy and upper-middle-class families. America is a country where a white, wealthy elite are protected by a poor, disproportionately minority underclass. ‘Be All You Can Be,’ indeed. Until we band together, the rich will always be able to hire half of the poor people to kill the other half.” –Micah Ian Wright, Propaganda Remix artist

Posada Carriles still not charged with terrorism in the USA

Excerpt:
    Despite the fact that the U.S. legal apparatus knows that Posada Carriles is the self-confessed mastermind behind dozens of terrorist conspiracies and bloody attacks, it has not formally charged him; it prefersto dedicate itself to a burlesque legal show in the courtrooms of Texas, by discussing issues that are nothing but anecdotes in the bloody criminal history of this agent of imperialism.

Free the Cuban Five
    Unjustly imprisoned in the United States

Excerpt:
    They were only monitoring the actions of Miami-based terrorist groups, to stop terrorist attacks on Cuba. …
    For more than 40 years, anti-Cuba terrorist organizations based in Miami and financed by the CIA, have engaged in countless terrorist attacks against Cuba, and against anyone who calls for normal relations between the U.S. and Cuba. More than 3,400 Cubans have died as a result of these terrorists’ attacks.
    The Miami terrorists operate with complete impunity inside the United States to attack Cuba—with the knowledge and support of the FBI and CIA.

This info table came completed with a petition available to sign on behalf of them.

Free Gary Tyler

Excerpt:
    One of the black youngsters, a 16-year old named Gary Tyler, was arrested for disturbing the peace after he talked back to a sheriff’s deputy—one of the few deputies in St. Charles Parish who was black. It may have been young Tyler’s impudence that doomed him. He was branded on the spot as the designated killer. …
    The authorities found witnesses who said that Mr. Tyler had been the gunman. Never mind that the main witness, a former girlfriend of Mr. Tyler’s, was a troubled youngster who had been under the care of a psychiatrist and had a history of reporting phony crimes to the police, including a false report of a kidnapping. She and every other witness who fingered Mr. Tyler would later recant, charging that they had been terrorized into testifying falsely by the police.

SOLIDARITY

Excerpt:
    “If the Palestinians had skin the color of coffee instead of olives, the world would recognize their degraded social status as akin to the apartheid regime of South Africa. But they are Arabs, in a world and in a time when Arabs are demonized in the corporate, majoritarian media as ‘terrorists.’ As such, they are fair game.” –Mumia Abu Jamal, “Blitzkrieg in Palestine”

Don’t let them kill an innocent man
    George Bush wants Mumia Abu-Jamal executed

Excerpt (also in Spanish):
    For 25 years Mumia Abu-Jamal has been on Pennsylvania’s death row. A federal appeals court will be hearing his case in Philadelphia on May l7.
    As governor of Texas, George Bush executed 152 people, including the innocent Shaka Sankofa. Bush appointed Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge—who signed two death warrants for Mumia Abu-Jamal-as Secretary of Homeland Security.
    [FONT="] Mumia’s trial was a frame-up. The prosecution deliberately excluded Black jurors to create an overwhelmingly white jury.[/font]

FACT SHEET #1: Palestine and the Palestinians

Excerpt:
    Palestinians Under Occupation
    The West Bank and Gaza total only 1,000 sq km (smaller than Delaware). UN Security Council Resolution 242 of 1967 – the legal basis for the Oslo Agreements - calls for Israel’s withdrawal from occupied territories based on the principle of the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war. It is also against international law for an occupying power to transfer its own population into occupied territory. Yet in the past 35 years, successive Israeli governments have established over 200 Jewish-only settlements with a population of 383,000 on confiscated Palestinian land, separated from the local population through a series of bypass roads and physical barriers. In the West Bank, Israel has seized 59% of the land and uses 90% of the water. In Gaza, 7,000 settlers, who comprise less than 1% of the population, directly control more than 20% of the land.

I also picked up a bumper sticker that is put out by the group that puts out these fact sheets that states: US CAMPAIGN TO END THE ISRAELI OCCUPATION
    WWW.ENDTHEOCCUPATION.ORG

Justice for Qana Survivors
    Israel’s 1996 Civilian Massacre in Lebanon

Excerpt:
    The strongest evidence refuting Israel’s claim that shelling the UN compound was a mistake is video footage revealing that a remotely piloted vehicle (RPV) hovered above the compound before, during, and after the shelling. …
    Grassroots efforts are needed to win justice for the survivors of the Qana massacre and to ensure that Israel is held accountable for its human rights atrocities.

Israeli Accountability Now
    Massacres in Qana, Lebanon – 1996 and 2006

Excerpt:
    These attacks on Qana are not isolated incidents, but part of a campaign of aggression and destruction aimed at Lebanon and also Palestine, with the express approval of the United States. Rather than hold Israel to account for its war crimes, U.S. foreign policy has enabled Israel to act with impunity. Dirung Israel’s attack on Lebanon from July 12th to August 14th 2006, the United States expedited arms and fuel shipments to Israel to continue its indiscriminate attack on Lebanese civilians.

Postcards from US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation addressed to Condoleezza Rice were available for the taking as well. Here’s the 3rd paragraph:
    US officials have direct responsibility for the devastation wrought on Lebanese civilians because they expedited weapons shipments to Israel during the summer 2006 attack. US weapons shipments to Israel must cease immediately—they violate the Arms Export Control Act because the weapons are not being used for internal security or legitimate self-defense.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!
    What to Do if Questioned by Police, FBI, Customs Agents or Immigration Officers
    By ACLU American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California

Excerpt:
    Q:What if the police or FBI threaten me with a grand jury subpoena if I don't answer their questions?
    A:A grand jury subpoena is a written order for you to go to court and testify about information you may have. It is common for the FBI to threaten you with a subpoena to get you to talk to them.
    Last edited by Aplomb; May 28th, 2007 at 14:23. Reason: added quotes boxes

Thanks

I will be in Broomfield, CO, in the early part of next week for business. Would anyone of the TAAers be available to meet for a beer on Monday or Tuesday evening in the area? I'm willing to drive a bit, if that makes it easier ... my last trip there (last fall), I drove up to Loveland for a board gamers event at a store one night.

If not -- no biggy.

Cheers,
    -Bryk

Thanks

Hey!

I'm in Colorado Springs. That is about 80 miles from Broomfield. Broomfield is north of Denver if I recall, been a long time since I was up there to Broomfield (about 1990 if I recall correctly) so I can't remember for sure.

If you're going to come towards the Springs, I'll be more than happy to meet up with you.

Let me know and we can get on the landline and make arrangements

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Darn -- I was thinking you were in Fort Collins. Broomfield is on the northwestern side -- right were the "E" ends in that area of the outer ring.

Would you be willing to meet half-way? If so, I'll PM you my cell phone.

Anyone else game for a meet-up?

-Bryk

Thanks

Brykovian, check your pms. I'm about to accept your invite. It'll be great to meet you. I might be able to bring a couple of more people, too. I'll contact Ace and Zjeng promptly. Thanks!

Thanks

Brykovian, I wasn't aware that you even lived in Colorado. I hope some of our other members from the area who haven't posted in awhile may be lurking and reading here and want to meet up to get a chance to meet each other.

Thanks

Hi Aplomb ... Thanks for the PM -- you should find a reply from me.

And I live near Minneapolis, MN ... but I've travelled to Broomfield now and again over the past couple of years for work. And I'll be there again (possibly my last work trip) next week Monday through Wednesday.

-Bryk

Thanks

Welcome to Colorado!

It looks like this is going south, not north, to include Rick, so anybody who'd like to do this, please let us know either here, or pm one of us. Thanks!

Thanks

Guys and gals, I might have to beg off here. I've got some other pressing issues that need dealing with in the next few days and I'm not sure I can make it. So, you guys make plans on where you're gonna meet and if possible let me know, if I CAN, I will show up.

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Sorry to hear that, Rick ... but you must do what must be done.

Aplomb ... If you wanted to pick a place that would be easy for me to find, and good for the rest, I'd be all for it. And if this doesn't work, then I'll raise a flag the next time I'm headed that way.

-Bryk

Thanks

We'll plan on doing this the next time you are going to be in the area, Bryk. Ace and Zjeng and I are looking forward to meeting you. I hope you had a pleasant visit here in beautiful Colorado. Details having already been discussed in our pms as to other engagements preventing some time together, this post is simply an alert and an invite to other TAA members that there will be another opportunity for us to get together.

Thanks

I'm stuck at work late most of this week. Sorry guys
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I am sorry about this being such short notice, but there is a documentary film maker in town tonight with his film: Suicide Killers. I hope to see you there TAA members.

http://pierrerehov.com/

DENVER, CO Event:
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 7:30pm
    Colorado History Museum
    1300 Lincoln Street (13th & Broadway)

Free and Open to the Public!

Sponsoring Organizations:
    THE CLAREMONT INSTITUTE, ACTION ISRAEL, and
    AMERICANS AGAINST TERRORISM

SUICIDE KILLERS

NOW available at AMAZON!
    Pre order and be the first to receive it on DVD...

Please visit the official web site of the Suicide Killers film.
    http://www.suicidekillers.com/

In the Media:
    NEW!
    Click here to watch video clips of Pierre Rehov's
    media appearances on CNN, Fox News, CBN, MSNBC and more.
    To see a listing of all recent interviews and articles click here.

Watch the Suicide Killers trailer.

Windows Media:
    Broadband | Dial Up
    QuickTime:
    Broadband | Dial Up

Thanks

Anti-Terror Rally Planned to
    Support Israel’s Right of Self Defense

A large rally, in support of Israel’s war with the terror group Hamas in the Gaza Strip, has been announced for this Sunday.

It will take place at 2PM on the west steps of the Colorado State Capitol Building. The theme will be: “Support Israel’s right of self-defense in Gaza”.

Americans Against Terrorism says they are calling for the rally in order to counter recent protests that have supported the terrorists of Hamas. Another goal is to send a message to President elect Obama, President Bush, to embattled Israelis, and to world leaders.

The initial call for the rally has been endorsed by church and synagogue leaders, as well as other political groups such as Stand With US and Stand By Israel.

Americans Against Terrorism was formed in 2002 to oppose terror in the Middle East and it’s spread to the rest of the world. It is a coalition of Jews, Christians and concerned Muslims. In 2003 it held the nation’s first anti-Saddam Hussein rallies, drawing up to 3,500 people. It opposed Hizbullah in the 2006 war in Lebanon, drawing 2,000 for a rally.

Spokesperson Neil Dobro said in a statement:
    “If you would fight an enemy who launched rockets loaded with shrapnel into your home and at your children, you should join us on Sunday. It is amazing to see people in the streets of Europe, and even the U.S., supporting a terror group that has vowed to destroy Israel simply because it is populated by Jews. We hope that our rally will serve as a wake up call to Americans: terror must be fought and destroyed. The Palestinian people have suffered hardships, and now a devastating war as a result of the hateful actions of Hamas.

Some Gazans didn’t vote or back their rise to power; but now they too are paying for the choices made by Hamas leaders. Israelis live with the constant effort of these Iranian trained terror fighters who have taken vows to kill them. Hamas won’t stop, so they must be stopped. “

A final organizational meeting will be held on Thursday January 8 at 7PM in Denver. It will include training for civilian monitors who will augment a police presence on Sunday. To be a part of the effort, people are asked to go to www.AATColorado.org or call 303-437-3144 for location.

That is the Americans Against Terrorism press release. Please join us.
    Last edited by Aplomb; January 5th, 2009 at 06:27. Reason: format issues corrected

Thanks

More on the Rally for Israel to come.

Thread Information